GUILTY GA - Skylar Dials, 9, Griffin, 21 December 2012

No sexual assault makes it even stranger, IMO.

The two main motives behind the killing of a young child by a male are either sexual or abusive punishment. It is strange that he was doing neither of these things. What motive could he have had?

The two main motives behind the killing of a young child by a male are either sexual or abusive punishment. It is strange that he was doing neither of these things. What motive could he have had?

Could it be that she knew something that he didn't want anyone else to know?

Very possible. I wish we knew more about who was there that day when she went over there. I am still confused about that.

Very possible. I wish we knew more about who was there that day when she went over there. I am still confused about that.

That is a big question for me, too...

From what I have read... Most accounts report playmate and her mom were NOT at their home... One account that I read says all four of the residents were there (I.e. Perp, playmate, playmate's mom, and owner of the residence).

JMO

One other motive that has been mentioned... And that I am slightly considering.. Is a mercy killing of a child with disabilities...

but... Skylar did not have overt life threatening disabilities...

so this is just something to think about...

JMO

That is a big question for me, too...

From what I have read... Most accounts report playmate and her mom were NOT at their home... One account that I read says all four of the residents were there (I.e. Perp, playmate, playmate's mom, and owner of the residence).

JMO

Yes, I have read both conflicting versions too. I wish I knew what was true.

I am guessing that little Skylar called her friends house to see if she could come over to play, and the killer answered the phone, and said ' come on over.'

One other motive that has been mentioned... And that I am slightly considering.. Is a mercy killing of a child with disabilities...

but... Skylar did not have overt life threatening disabilities...

so this is just something to think about...

JMO

I have wondered about that too. But she didn't seem to have too serious of an impairment. But if he was crazy and delusional, it would not have mattered to him.

I was thinking maybe there was not enough time for sexual assault, maybe he tried and she ran from him,and he chased after her or took her to her into woods killed her to keep her quiet? IMO

Interesting new information in this article...

previously it had been reported that playmate and her mother was NOT at home when Skylar was going over to play...

From my understanding, when Skylar went to the home the mother and friend were not there and hours later she was reported missing so by the time she was reported missing by her family and by the time people started to look for her the mother and friend had return home from where they went earlier in the day. Police more than likely question them when Skylar's mother told them she went over their house and her friend's mother told them they were not home earlier in the day which in return lead to the police to question Collett since he was the only one home and he would had been the last person who would have seen Skylar. With the cuts on his face I'm sure the police knew something was up right away!

From my understanding, when Skylar went to the home the mother and friend were not there and hours later she was reported missing so by the time she was reported missing by her family and by the time people started to look for her the mother and friend had return home from where they went earlier in the day. Police more than likely question them when Skylar's mother told them she went over their house and her friend's mother told them they were not home earlier in the day which in return lead to the police to question Collett since he was the only one home and he would had been the last person who would have seen Skylar. With the cuts on his face I'm sure the police knew something was up right away!

Yes... This would explain the conflicting stories.... And provide the time the perp needed to commit this terrible act with no one at his own home... :(

I think he might have strangled her when she tried to fight him off but since the police said no showed cause of death maybe he had smothered/suffocate her while trying to rape her but she fought him off and he smothered her before he got a chance to rape her.

I wonder if he was high on drugs. He doesn't have any other arrest which leads me to think he was not thinking clearly.

If he was high on drugs - this could have something to do with his daughter OR just maybe all those around him did not see that mentally he was slowly losing it after the lost of his daughter and seen Skylar as his daughter.

that is my question. This has the feel of unplanned, spur of the moment crime. Did she see something she wasn't supposed to.

finally got caught up.

I'm sad this is the way it ended. this might have been something he's been thinking about for a long time. if S went over there a lot to play...I wonder just how many times he looked at her in a certain way or tried to get near her in a certain way.

I keep going all "criminal minds" on this. just with his daughter having been around the same age....I dont think this has anything to do with disabilities but with the anniversary coming up - having a gf with a child the same age - maybe he thought he couldnt get away with touching gf's child so he used the neighbor?

I definitely keep coming back to him thinking about this for a long time. they said he had no other priors etc etc, so he was just waiting until he had a good opportunity. then just this year, a cute new little girl who lives with extended family moves in and likes to play with your gf's kid.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back