MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...ylicia-barnes-motion-20121218,0,1087567.story

REally fascinating article. But I hope this case doesn't fall part. :mad:

"The day after Nicholson[ the lead detective] was suspended, charges were filed against Johnson. Internal affairs records, the defense attorneys say, "will assist the jury in determining the credibility" of Nicholson and other officers involved in the case."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...ylicia-barnes-motion-20121218,0,1087567.story

REally fascinating article. But I hope this case doesn't fall part. :mad:

"The day after Nicholson[ the lead detective] was suspended, charges were filed against Johnson. Internal affairs records, the defense attorneys say, "will assist the jury in determining the credibility" of Nicholson and other officers involved in the case."

:mad: I think Michael Johnson will walk. Too much going on in this case and so much we still don't know. The witness may end up being credible creating reasonable doubt. Rest in Paradise Phylicia..justice will be served. FULL justice.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

From the above link:

Moreover, Janice made it clear that she wanted to correct TPC regarding an article I recently published about violence toward young females of color. In that article I mentioned volunteers involved in search efforts to locate Phylicia in the months that the child had been missing. I mentioned the Maryland based Guardian Angels as having participated in those search efforts. Janice set the record straight, advising TPC that upon her arrival in Baltimore after she learned her daughter was missing, that one Guardian Angel assisted her family the entire time they were in Baltimore, and the GA she described was a white female who had in fact contacted other Guardian Angels, but no one showed up to participate in the search for her daughter.

Really? Because I seem to recall several photo's of numerous GA's in fact searching for Phylicia, including going into dumpsters themselves to try and find Phylicia or any evidence surrounding her disappearance. Pictures do not lie. Unless Ms Sallis-Mustafa is claiming those photo's were staged, which I do not buy.

Yes, it is quite possible that -one- GA was assigned to work directly with the family as a means to avoid too many cooks in the kitchen type scenario. We do that here at WS when working with a family, LE or a ME. One person is the main contact, others assist but do not work directly with family.

Personally, I am tired of Ms. Sallis-Mustafa lashing out at everyone who tried to help. It makes her look bad, and if this is the type of behavior we should expect from her in court, she is going to be the hand that helps MJ walk.

The defense has an alibi witness. And they are going after one of the investigators.

In a motion filed in Baltimore Circuit Court, defense attorneys for Michael Maurice Johnson say they intend to call an "alibi witness" named Robert Hickman Fields when the case comes to trial in January. Johnson was charged with murder April 25 in the high-profile disappearance of the North Carolina teen.

Asked to clarify the filing, defense attorneys Ivan Bates and Russell Neverdon said that Fields saw the 16-year-old Barnes — and not Johnson — in Cecil County in the days after she was reported missing. Fields could not be reached for comment.

As far as an "alibi witness" let's not forget a Detroit Police officer thought she saw little Bianca Jones after she went missing and her father, D'Andre Lane was still found guilty of murder and child abuse.

We really won't know what the pros have until trial. I'm hoping they have a strong case and are keeping it close to the vest.

Justice for Phylicia. :please:

As far as an "alibi witness" let's not forget a Detroit Police officer thought she saw little Bianca Jones after she went missing and her father, D'Andre Lane was still found guilty of murder and child abuse.

We really won't know what the pros have until trial. I'm hoping they have a strong case and are keeping it close to the vest.

Justice for Phylicia. :please:

BBM

I hope so too, Cubby.

So, why did Robert Fields wait until now to claim that he saw Phylicia after she was reported missing? Her disappearance made national headlines. Even if he didn't know at the time that she had been reported missing, once he did realize it why didn't he immediately notify authorities? It makes no sense that he would suddenly come forward with that information at this stage. Is Fields a friend of Johnson, or a friend of Johnson's friends/relatives?

Fields had better have an exact date, time, location and other details of when he saw Phylicia after her disappearance, or else I think his testimony will mean diddly-squat to the case. It seems unusual, anyway, to name someone as an alibi-witness because he didn't see the accused, unless the witness saw the victim being murdered and knows who the "real" killer is. Phylicia's body has been recovered, so if a witness did see her alive after she was reported missing, she was murdered after the sighting - therefore, the "alibi" is meaningless. How can the witness know that Johnson wasn't with Phylicia when she was murdered? KWIM?

So, why did Robert Fields wait until now to claim that he saw Phylicia after she was reported missing? Her disappearance made national headlines. Even if he didn't know at the time that she had been reported missing, once he did realize it why didn't he immediately notify authorities? It makes no sense that he would suddenly come forward with that information at this stage. Is Fields a friend of Johnson, or a friend of Johnson's friends/relatives?

Fields had better have an exact date, time, location and other details of when he saw Phylicia after her disappearance, or else I think his testimony will mean diddly-squat to the case. It seems unusual, anyway, to name someone as an alibi-witness because he didn't see the accused, unless the witness saw the victim being murdered and knows who the "real" killer is. Phylicia's body has been recovered, so if a witness did see her alive after she was reported missing, she was murdered after the sighting - therefore, the "alibi" is meaningless. How can the witness know that Johnson wasn't with Phylicia when she was murdered? KWIM?

Exactly! Your entire post Indy Anna. :goodpost: (I wish these read excellent post, instead of good post - because when I use them, I really mean excellent post! .....)

I can't help but wonder if Fields is a friend or client of Neverdon.
I can't say it hasn't crossed my mind.

I do remember a guardian angel posting on Phylicia's prayer page on Facebook that he believed Phylicia was being "moved around". Maybe this witness was scared to say anything then. The Johnsons and their friends were known gang bangers. Still praying for FULL justice and answers to many questions that surrounds this tragedy. Rest in Paradise Phylicia:(

The witness claims to have seen Phylicia alive. Why would anyone be frightened to come forward if they saw a missing person alive?

This is pretty disturbing.

On Deena's phone is a 16-minute sex tape with the 2 sister/half-siblings, and Michael Johnson and little brother cousin (or whatever we called him early on).

Prosecutors filed a motion to close the courtroom during Deena's testimony to play it.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...ci-barnes-tape-court-20121228,0,2220119.story

What a real nice sisterly thing to do with a 16 yr old... and btw why the hell is Deena not facing charges?

prosecutors have filed notice that they intend to play at trial a video that depicts teenage slaying victim Phylicia Barnes "intoxicated and engaging in sexual relations" with the man accused of killing her, his younger brother and her older half sister, court records show.

The court filing in the high-profile case — a motion to close the courtroom when the video is played —appears to show for the first time why federal authorities had last year filed search warrant applications in court describing a "child *advertiser censored*" investigation. They sought access to the Facebook pages and email addresses of Barnes, 16, and the three others who reportedly appear in the video.

It is not clear how the video relates to the murder charge against Michael Maurice Johnson, the 28-year-old ex-boyfriend of Barnes' 29-year-old half sister, Deena Barnes. Prosecutors do not comment on pending cases, but they wrote in the motion that it will be played during Deena Barnes' testimony.

jfenton@baltsun.com

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...ci-barnes-tape-court-20121228,0,2220119.story

I am going to be really sick. I knew there was way more sick twisted details to this tragedy and I too, wonder why Deena Barnes is not sitting in a cell next to Michael Johnson. I never stopped believing she was involved in Phylicia's murder/cover up in some way. She is SICK! How could she involve her baby sister is such filth and participate in it as well? She even recorded it on HER cell phone! Russell Barnes should go crawl under a rock! He has been staying focused on covering for his daughter Deena! May FULL JUSTICE prevail! Phylicia Simone Barnes is STILL a victim. Rest In Paradise precious angel :(

This definitely explains Deena's behavior, the lying eyes in the first few days. She knows what happened. She should be in jail with MJ.

deena-1-1.jpg

Hello WS! Hope that everyone is well.

I cannot say that I am surprised by this disturbing revelation, but I am certainly saddened and incredulous that DB walks freely.

A thought-
On the FB page for Newtown Elementary shooting victim, Ana Marques-Greene, her mother has posted, LOVE WINS.

I think that is one beautiful sentiment in the midst of all of the atrocities, Love Wins.
For Phylicia and her true loved ones-LOVE WINS.

Yes, in the midst of this filth, muck, and mire--LOVE WINS.
Phylicia has many, many people still praying for her and sending love to her and her true family.

The guilty will lose, all of them. I truly hope that DB and anyone else involved is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!

RIP Phylicia
TRUTH WILL OUT!

This definitely explains Deena's behavior, the lying eyes in the first few days. She knows what happened. She should be in jail with MJ.

deena-1-1.jpg

My heart breaks for Phylicia's mom. I can only imagine how difficult it was for her to find out about the sex tape, as if the alcohol, marijuana, and murder weren't enough. If the information we've learned about Deena through media reports is accurate, she may actually be more frightening than Phylicia's actual murderer because Phylicia was her trusting, younger sister. Yet Deena appears to have led Phylicia to her killer like a lamb to the slaughter. I hope justice is served on everyone involved. JMO, MOO

OMG...a sex tape that includes her half sister??? WTH is wrong with people?? RIP Phylicia, I hope those bastards get everything coming to them either in this world, or the next!

The tape WILL be played in open court. There will be outrage.
db and all deserve true justice. I agree, she's scarier than PB's actual killer.
mj seems to be the fall guy here, jmo.

I wouldn't believe a single word of db's.
Those who have even following PB's case on WS know exactly how I feel and have felt from the beginning. It's so sickening to have this awful confirmation and to have poor PB on display like this, because of that "sister." This is just awful:

http://www.wbal.com/article/96686/2...layed-In-Phylicia-Barnes-Kidnap-Murder-Trial-

RIP Phylicia. LOVE WINS

I pray for strength for Phylicia's mom. This has got to be the worst pain in the world. :(

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member