AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here ya go!

GRAND BAY, Ala. (WALA) - The great-grandmother of Brittney Wood's 2-year-old daughter, Payton Hamilton, said she does her best to protect the child from the details of her mother's missing person’s case.

Maxine Harris, 65, said her grandson, Andrew Hamilton, is Payton's father and has full custody of the 2-year-old. Harris said Payton spends a lot of her time with her and she is doing fine.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/brittney-woods-2-year-old-doing-fine

ETA a post by our verified poster Zeaux:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #2

Sbm

"I wish I could say you are mistaken about BW's drug use, but she was described as heavy into meth. When she had custody of PH, the DHR got involved and that is how AH ended up with custody of PH."

Bolded by me.
I read this to mean that AH (the child's father) has custody of her, not that his grandmother has custody of her. AH's grandma just spends a lot of time with the child.

Quester, I'll try to find out about BW posters in the hunting camps. I'll post when I know the answer to your question. My husband's hunting camp has info on Brittney but that's because I sent it there.

Don't mean to be pushy but:

I’ve seen no response to my above post.

Does that mean the BW posters directed at hunting haven’t been seen posted anywhere by any of our WSers who are locals? Not even in hunting related stores or in their street-facing windows? TIA

I don't know. I don't hunt and I don't know many people that I speak with who do. I haven't seen any posters but I do work out of state a good bit of my time. I was there for a couple of months before going to NOLO a week and a half ago but did not notice any posters when running usual errands around town.

I'm in no way a verified anything here. I do live in that area which is kinda obvious from my previous post and location but I don't know any of these people. I do have one FB friend who says she knows them and often repost things like court dates and such but there is more information here than I have seen locally aside from local news clips. (which again, I don't see often unless I see them here or on FB because a lot of my time is not spent there)

Sorry. I can ask the one girl on FB but IDK how much she'll actually know or what is coming from "the family"

They could, but it would be nice, since she does have a high-profile relative, if that person would speak put on her behalf. He has the state wrapped around his finger and everyone would listen and pay attention. He would not have to mention the other parts of this case, just show her missing flyer.

I understand what you're saying, but look at the ridiculous amount of media coverage devoted to the silly issue of a remark made by a broadcaster about his gf. Imagine if he were to associate himself with this case in even an offhand manner. There is no way he could "just show her missing flyer". The media would be on it like white on rice. He's a young man posited for a promising career in professional sports. He and his family have dedicated years of hard work to reach this point in his life. IMO, he shouldn't be expected to associate himself with a scandal that has nothing to do with him. In reality, it would do little to help Brittney, but for ever and a day, his name would be tied to the horrible crimes against children because that is what the media would focus on. "Finding Brittney" would take a backseat. MOO

I understand what you're saying, but look at the ridiculous amount of media coverage devoted to the silly issue of a remark made by a broadcaster about his gf. Imagine if he were to associate himself with this case in even an offhand manner. There is no way he could "just show her missing flyer". The media would be on it like white on rice. He's a young man posited for a promising career in professional sports. He and his family have dedicated years of hard work to reach this point in his life. IMO, he shouldn't be expected to associate himself with a scandal that has nothing to do with him. In reality, it would do little to help Brittney, but forever and a day, his name would be associated with the horrible crimes against children because that is what the media would focus on. "Finding Brittney" would take a backseat. MOO
You said that better than I have been able to, no matter how I've tried.

Quester, I'll try to find out about BW posters in the hunting camps. I'll post when I know the answer to your question. My husband's hunting camp has info on Brittney but that's because I sent it there.

Well done. Thank you for your effort.

Thanks for this. It sounds as though it was a case of her staying over with friends/other family members for a couple of nights, rather than her running away without telling anyone where she was going. I wonder, when Brittney was no longer caring for her baby herself, if there was actually anyone for Brittney to tell where she was going when she decided to stay away? I don't know her living arrangements but it sounds as though she was free to come and go without anybody checking up on her, or asking too many questions.

The info hasn't really reassured me about Brittney because she just doesn't seem to have been away from home for so long before, with no contact.

It is making me worry more about who she was staying over with, and why? If they were friends in regular contact with her, why have we heard little/nothing from them?

Does anybody know; IF someone had information, but it would involve them also revealing drug use/dealing, would LE be likely to charge them if they came forward to help with Brittney's case?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1210/23/ijvm.01.html

"VELEZ-MITCHELL: Absolutely.

DUMONT: In the case like one of your guests spoke about, but we -- we just don`t know.

All we know is that the person -- and just to talk about -- to address about the family not -- actually, reporting her missing for a couple of days. When I spoke to Brittney`s mother, she told me that it was not, you know, really unusual for Brittney to be gone for a couple or three days at a time."

I'd also suggest reading the Brittney Wood Social Media thread in the basement. It reveals more of the family dynamics than what can be found through MSM sources.

Thanks for the tip; I had no idea that thread existed.

I understand what you're saying, but look at the ridiculous amount of media coverage devoted to the silly issue of a remark made by a broadcaster about his gf. Imagine if he were to associate himself with this case in even an offhand manner. There is no way he could "just show her missing flyer". The media would be on it like white on rice. He's a young man posited for a promising career in professional sports. He and his family have dedicated years of hard work to reach this point in his life. IMO, he shouldn't be expected to associate himself with a scandal that has nothing to do with him. In reality, it would do little to help Brittney, but for ever and a day, his name would be tied to the horrible crimes against children because that is what the media would focus on. "Finding Brittney" would take a backseat. MOO

Well put Bessie. My point has always been that you can't expect him to step up and help because of all the scandal and that's a shame because without all that scandal, if we only had a missing persons case, there might be a chance he would use his notoriety to help. All moot because there is a scandal and no way he will or should come close to that scandal.

Well put Bessie. My point has always been that you can't expect him to step up and help because of all the scandal and that's a shame because without all that scandal, if we only had a missing persons case, there might be a chance he would use his notoriety to help. All moot because there is a scandal and no way he will or should come close to that scandal.

Agreed... he shouldn't be tied to it since he isn't responsible but when the connection is made, and let's be realistic... it WILL be made eventually... how in the world will they respond? No comment? That might work for awhile but when it gets deeper it could get much harder to tread water.

I did some checking and DK's defense attorney isn't cheap (that is putting it mildly). It doesn't take a genius to know that there is no way in the world DK could afford that amount of bail much less just the initial retainer... we all know that the fees will exceed the initial amount pretty quickly.

It also doesn't take a genius to figure out who could afford those expenses and who would pay them. No... I'm not referring to the athlete or his mom... but again, they are all very close and very connected in many senses of the word.

Is it right or fair? Nope... not by a long shot but neither is what happened to Britt or those kids and it would be naive to think that his family tree will stay hidden away from the public eye forever.

JMO

Bold by me.

Well, I'm pretty much average, but I have no idea who you are referring to. :waitasec: LOL

QUOTE=FootballMom;8722550]Agreed... he shouldn't be tied to it since he isn't responsible but when the connection is made, and let's be realistic... it WILL be made eventually... how in the world will they respond? No comment? That might work for awhile but when it gets deeper it could get much harder to tread water.

I did some checking and DK's defense attorney isn't cheap (that is putting it mildly). It doesn't take a genius to know that there is no way in the world DK could afford that amount of bail much less just the initial retainer... we all know that the fees will exceed the initial amount pretty quickly.

It also doesn't take a genius to figure out who could afford those expenses and who would pay them. No... I'm not referring to the athlete or his mom... but again, they are all very close and very connected in many senses of the word.

Is it right or fair? Nope... not by a long shot but neither is what happened to Britt or those kids and it would be naive to think that his family tree will stay hidden away from the public eye forever.

JMO[/QUOTE]

Bold by me.

Well, I'm pretty much average, but I have no idea who you are referring to. :waitasec: LOL

People who could not only afford those expenses but would be emotionally motivated to do so???

Why is it so important that the QB be connected to BW?? I thought she wasn't even related to him....

My head hurts, so I may be below average. :) But I have no idea either, gliving. Who?

Why is it so important that the QB be connected to BW?? I thought she wasn't even related to him....

I don't think anyone is trying to connect him to Britt. DK is connected to Britt, DK is connected to the FB player, DK is connected to the sex crimes, DK could very well be connected to Britt's disappearance.

My head hurts, so I may be below average. :) But I have no idea either, gliving. Who?

I can't speak for anyone else but if I didn't have a job, lived off government assistance and found myself needing to hire an expensive attorney I'd probably have no one other than my immediate family who I could turn to for financial and emotional support. I don't think many of my friends could or would be able to foot that kinda bill and I don't think I'd ask them.

FYI y'all- I sent Tricia (and Kimster since she is second in command on the radio show) a message suggesting that Tricia's True Crime radio do a show on Brittney.

I'd love if someone from Klaas Kids and/or Brittney's dad's side of the family would go on such a show. I also told them there are WSers on this thread who are super knowledgable (more so than me) about BW's case. I also told them that the family members involved in the child sex ring have a court date coming up.

I asked my friend if she knew if the posters had gotten to hunting camps and she referred me to the WWS for BW Facebook. soooo

sorry.

If I see anybody talking about hunting and stuff on there (FB) I'll ask them. I did send a message to that FB page of Brittney's. If she answers me I'll let you know what she says.

sadnpod, my head hurts too. It must be a six degrees of separation thingy we aren't privy to.

Anyway, I am looking forward to Wednesday's hearings. Especially Randall 'Scott' Wood's charges. He's the odd man, seemingly interested enough to lead early searches for Brittney, only to find him arrested for the same crimes against children. :waitasec:

Hopefully local media will cover the hearings.

Here ya go:

attachment.php

Hello fellow Sleuthers! I haven't posted in a while but I have been reading and catching up every chance I get.. Which has not been much as my husband-to-be and I took a celebration 13 day vacation to Dallas to shop, Vegas for NYE, Beverly Hills Hotel to spa out, and then WeHo to party. All the while I own an events planning company in the Big Easy and have 5 Mardi Gras under my contract and a Super Bowl Official Event, and my darling is doubling his business.. Totally OT. Lol but my point is Britt is in my heart and mind and Internet history daily, lol.
I agree that AJ shouldn't be expected to be vocal about Brittney in the media as everyone knows "feel good" stories just don't go viral.. Sex/Scandal sells. Anyone who saw the Bowl knows that, judging by the way they panned in on <modsnip and insert> the BQ. And they will definitely eventually catch on to his blood uncle's charges and most likely conviction for horrendous, disgusting sex crimes against children. I'm pretty sure that possibility has resulted in a lot of sleepless nights for both the QB and his mom.
I wish the family would get off their collective *advertiser censored*s and organize a benefit, gala; even cook and sell hot lunches to raise more money for Brittney. It would also keep their name in the spotlight and generate local media coverage and hold interest in the case.
As for the Beauty Queen not wanting to touch this issue, all I will say is I am a former Major Title Holder in another city, and adult pageants are a bit more progressive. They want strong, independent women who hold their values and morals close and are dependable. My platform for my last pageant was drawing attention to the Unsolved Crimes/Missing Persons/Forgotten Victims that plague my city. It hurts me that some socio-economic and minority groups receive almost no media coverage or much attempt to bring justice, but let it be someone in a higher class and the police and media are ON IT "like white on rice" (Excuse my Southern heritage, lol)
I compare this thread to Jaren Lockhart's and both women are similar in that they seem to have lived "high-risk" lifestyles- involved in drugs, growing up on the wrong side of the tracks- both young mothers, between 19-23; yet I see so much more outreach and friends coming forward as well as family sharing what they know about Jaren's life and what made her special (despite being a dancer and not having her child, she seems like an amazing woman who was just given a tough hand and played it as best as she could) I see little to none of that on Brittney's from friends and family, though most of us believe the same about her. I could've easily been one of them if not for the amazing people God put in my life and the fact I am blessed not to have an addictive personality. None of us can say for sure who we would've been if we had grown up the way she had. Brittney seems to have had an isolated life with few "real" friends or people there for her besides her family, which I consider for the most part as the scum of the earth.
My point is, although we may differ on our opinions of what she may/may not have been involved in, we still share the common goal of finding her and bringing her to a place of love and rest; and of justice if she was harmed.
FootballMom, you are invaluable to this! If you happen to live in NOLA I would hire you as my PA in a second! But I have a "genius" level IQ and was in Gifted and Talented curriculum all through school, and I still can't figure out where the money is coming for as far as DK's defense and bail (well bail can be paid w property bonds, but still I know first-hand how expensive attorneys are, my contract law attorney's retainer is in the mid 5 figures!) can you please drop us a clue as to who that person may be? Would they have a personal motivation, i.e. covering their own tail, for doing so? I am lost on that one.
Bedtime for me :) goodnight Sleuthers! Thank you for reminding me that there are still great people in this world.

PS- if I were CW I would also consider filing (and I pray this doesn't happen, but my gut is starting to tell me Britt will not be found alive and well within the required 7 years) a civil suit for wrongful death against DH and his estate, as well as those convicted of the sex crimes, particularly DK. The bar for a civil ruling is much lower as was demonstrated in the Nicole Brown Simpson/Ronald Goldman case. That is IF she is 100% innocent and has nothing to hide (then again, my gut is starting to believe she is no angel in this and may be doing some covering herself, though I pray not. I just want Justice for Brittney and TRUTH, no matter how ugly.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44