GUILTY PA - Devan Knapp, 19, Brookville, 11 Jan 2013

Map showing Summerville Dr and Wilcox Dr crossroads. This is the nearest crossroads to where she was found, correct? I put in Brookville to show the distance.

http://goo.gl/maps/xHiWP

if you will bare with me here, I somehow missed a cross road, but I can give you exact location from this map. if you pan past Wilcox, up past McKisson Dr, further up on the right will be a camp, if you zoom in, it is before te t at work rd

MSM often report things that are considered straight away as fact, but they often get it wrong as we have seen in many cases. The majority of the time this happens it is down to lazy journalism.
Often, they report things that are irrelevant to the case, Devan's criminal history really didn't have to be mentioned. Hatchet journalism.

Can any of the locals suggest who is the 'most' reputable of the local media that is covering this story?

ETA Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

There are several different media sources covering it. These two young ladies are the ones I have been following. Leah has been involved with the story more and gets a lot of feedback on her FB link.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Leah-Kirstein-WTAJ-Your-News-Leader/239970686025173?ref=ts&fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brittany-Boyer/169600719779403?fref=ts

if you will bare with me here, I somehow missed a cross road, but I can give you exact location from this map. if you pan past Wilcox, up past McKisson Dr, further up on the right will be a camp, if you zoom in, it is before te t at work rd

I think I got it. Pan out. http://goo.gl/maps/al7Ll

Some of the comments posted on Leah's page have actually been removed. There was a comment from one of DK's friends asking what the cause of death was. They wanted to know because "they had a feeling they know what she died from after talking to someone Devan was talking to the night she disappeared". There have also been rude/harsh comments towards her removed or obvious reasons.

yes that si thec amp. she was found near the front of the driveway leading into the camp. All this posting is making me feel reay terrible. I think I may take a break from this..but I will try to help keep any new facts posted for you all

Clarion, every single one of us has had to take a step back/break from time to time, and more so if personally involved. We all understand if you need to. Take care of yourself and come back if, and when you feel ready. (hugs)

If she was taken there (which I believe) then hopefully some kind of physical evidence can be linked to someone responsible. :please: Between waiting for tox reports and possible DNA....it will be awhile. Hoping for prints and tips.

Still, it might be difficult to show that someone forced drugs into her, if that is what happened.

If she was not alone, this could be a case of leaving someone who has died suddenly, I suppose. We have seen that happen before.

Some of the comments posted on Leah's page have actually been removed. There was a comment from one of DK's friends asking what the cause of death was. They wanted to know because "they had a feeling they know what she died from after talking to someone Devan was talking to the night she disappeared". There have also been rude/harsh comments towards her removed or obvious reasons.

Yes I caught that comment. I also caught the names on the FB page you posted early. Devan was "friends" with KM, but I can't find any posts on his site. If you go to LO's you can find alot of connections with others. It's so sad... LO's son, ZO, just committed suicide this past July and he and Devan were apparently pretty close.

Sounds like this whole community has been turned upside down lately. Hope LE can get to the bottom of it.

I certainly want to know if she did know the owners of that camp. If she was taken there, then the perp would have known the connection between them as well. JMO, but if messing with heroin, there had to be a connection to P'burg, State college or some place larger. She was in the "thick" of everything and caught in the middle. Too young, too vunerable, and too visible.

Does anyone know if she had a lawyer with the case of the beating in May? TIA

Yes I caught that comment. I also caught the names on the FB page you posted early. Devan was "friends" with KM, but I can't find any posts on his site.

Don't know if I can discuss this and I'll understand if mods remove this but if "your" KM is the KM I think, Devan was a close friend of his son BM and apparently he and his father did have a really bad relationship. I saw comments from Devan on BM's facebook page that were clearly insulting to KM's girlfriend.

Y It's so sad... LO's son, ZO, just committed suicide this past July and he and Devan were apparently pretty close.

<SNIP>

It doesn't make it any less sad, but I believe he died in 2010. MOO

I live about 15 miles from Fisher where Devan Knapp's body was found. Like a lot of people in the area I have heard many rumors about this case. I won't go in to rumors however I would like to point out a few things:

1. The District Attorney for Clarion and the DA for Jefferson Counties were called to the scene. Highly unusual in this area, there have been three recent heroin overdoses in Clarion County. In none of those cases was the DA called to the scene.

2. The local newspaper, The Oil City Derrick, had an article on the front page yesterday (Saturday). It basically recapped all the facts that are known to the public. It also stated that state police are continuing their investigation and want anyone with information on Devan's disappearance or death to contact them.

I know the final autopsy hasn't been released pending toxicology reports. However I would think if the police felt it was "just another drug overdose" like so many people are saying they would not be asking for further information in the case.

Other information:

Devan's mother Sheri is an administrator for WRC Services where Devan worked.

Fisher is not exactly a local "hot spot" really there is nothing out there but a post office and small store. Somebody previously stated they thought Devan knew the people who owned the camp where she was found. That might explain why she was in Fisher although I'm puzzled if she knew the folks and was going to see them why they weren't there at the camp.

I don't buy the drug overdose theory. Possibly she overdosed and someone else was with her and left her body, took off. But it just doesn't make sense that she would travel the whole way to Fisher from Brookville by herself to take drugs alone in her car.

PAMommy,

Thanks for the information and welcome to Websleuths!

I have been following this since she was reported missing. Reading all of the posts, I noticed as did others how she (DK) was listed as a victim in one article and the fact that the 2 DA's from seperate counties were on the scene was puzzling. Also something that struck me as "odd" was her autopsy was conducted at the State Police Crime Lab in Erie. I understand that toxicology results would in fact come from the Crime Lab. It may be nothing but it has been a question I have been asking myself.

Here is the Docket Sheet from the case last summer where Devan was charged with assault. She has other cases in the PA Unified Judicial System that are from like 2010 but they are minor things like speeding tickets and truancy. I did look up some of her friends on the PA Unified Judicial System and she ran with some rough characters. However I won't post the records or links of her friends, my understanding that's against the rules.

http://http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/MDJReport.aspx?docketNumber=MJ-54303-CR-0000101-2012

I have been following this since she was reported missing. Reading all of the posts, I noticed as did others how she (DK) was listed as a victim in one article and the fact that the 2 DA's from seperate counties were on the scene was puzzling. Also something that struck me as "odd" was her autopsy was conducted at the State Police Crime Lab in Erie. I understand that toxicology results would in fact come from the Crime Lab. It may be nothing but it has been a question I have been asking myself.

Radarslady I'm not sure what your question is about the autopsy being conducted at the crime lab in Erie. But if it helps any I will tell you that is standard practice here in Clarion County. If someone dies under unknown circumstances the body is sent to the Erie or Allegheny County Coroner for autopsy no matter what the police think is the cause of death (natural, homicide etc.). I think they don't have the skills/resources/lab to do the autopsies themselves here so all unexplained deceased people are sent to one of the two county coroners I mentioned.

Thank you for clarifying.. as I said, It may have been nothing, just something that I had been asking myself. I truly hope they find an answer to what happened so it can lay to rest so much hatred I have been seeing.

Radarslady I wasn't fully awake earlier when I replied to you. I re-read things and realized you said Devan's autopsy was completed at the State Police Crime Lab in Erie. I thought the autopsy was done by the Erie County Coroner, I don't know how I missed that. It is unusual for the autopsy to be done by the Police Crime Lab. Hopefully in the upcoming weeks information will be released as to what actually happened to this young girl. Just a very sad case and alarming in a small area like ours.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back