GUILTY PA - Christina Regusters for kidnap, rape of 5yo girl, Philadelphia, 14 Jan 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the woman point to her in the classroom or otherwise indicate her, or just say her name?

I believe I read that she asked for her by name, but that she was out of earshot of the child.

ETA:

She did not show identification, but said she was the child's mother and wanted to take her out for breakfast, Darby said. She then proceeded to the child's classroom and asked for the girl by name.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/15/justice/pennsylvania-abduction/index.html

I think it is important to assess the man's skin color. The neighbors need a good description of the couple, imo. They need to be on the look out for a couple, possibly with children, possibly the woman being pregnant, possibly having green eyes, or maybe not.

I so agree... Much as we need to ascertain the approximate weight of potential perps... Though that can be a sensitive subject, too!

JMO

Countryfox, I love it here on WS because different opinions are valued. So thanks for your input...

Again, I respectfully disagree. Almost 100% (I don't know the exact percentage but it's very high, I'm sure) of FGM procedures are performed in Africa, and next in the Middle East and Asia. And these cultures carry that tradition with them with they immigrate to other countries, including America. So I believe, in my opinion anyway, that FGM would be less of a possibility if the man accompanying the woman were a white man in sweats, or a non-African or non-Middle Eastern man in sweats, or any man in sweats for that matter ---- because perhaps a Muslim man accompanying a Muslim woman in a full burka complete with face covering to take a little girl to a FGM procedure would seem unlikely. Seems like a man involved in something like that would be dressed more traditional if that conservative religiously. Culturally? Maybe not. But would a Muslim woman who covers herself from head to toe be in a relationship with a man who wasn't Muslim? Probably not.

At least this is what I think tlcya was asking -- if others more 'in the know' would know if that may be a pertinent details or not. Would a conservative man believing in FGM dress like that? It was just a question.

We lived in Egypt for awhile and have lots of Egyptian friends, both Coptic and Muslim. We saw all sorts of attire, by the way. For both men and women. The more conservative men wore more conservative clothing, but even that varied.

After all of that, I feel like I've talked in circles and said nothing, really. Hope it makes sense.

Sorry,:waitasec: I missed anything noted about the two suspects being in a relationship or sharing the same beliefs. I only saw that the male described was present and participated in some aspect of what happened. Therefore I was of the notion that this could apply to anyone.

Off topic but Philly relevant: Sally Starr passed away. :(. I was on her show when I was little.
R.I.P.

LE is looking for two people. Male, female. They have never mentioned another person have they? So the female in the burqa could be the female that took N to the playground. She did not recognize the woman in the burqa and if she didn't take it off in front of N then N might not realize it was one person. Or she did and that is why LE is only looking for one female. And if others were in the house did N see them or just hear them? Could it have been a duplex, apartment and she heard through the walls?

IIRC, it's 2 women and one man. The teen who helped her get away, and the woman at the school....who is described as being in her late 20's. ...then of course the 30 something male with light skin and brown hair...and sweat pants.

Exactly. There are vicious perps out there who hurt an innocent little girl who need to be caught. This case could end up being twisted from the get-go starting with the description of the woman who took the girl.

Here's that image again:

abduct-01.jpg

http://articles.philly.com/2013-01-18/news/36396381_1_veils-muslim-garb-public-safety

ETA: I'm not sure why the image isn't embedding.

That link was to a scaled down version of the image. I snipped the dimensions from the link (600*450) and the original, full size image opened. I've added it as an attachment. It's too large to post without blowing the margins.

Attachments

• abduct-01.jpg
    abduct-01.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 70
I have no idea. I am just throwing ideas out there that could be plausible with the reaction of LEO and "City Hall". This whole situation is ODD. :pullhair: To me...it seems rather bold and risky to kidnap a child from a classroom. I can't come up with any feasible scenario in which taking a child out of school seems to be the most efficient/anonymous way to kidnap someone. (not that I'm a kidnapping expert) *I hope this makes sense?!?*

belleyes, i
imo it was extremely bold! I think that is one thing that's stumped us......walking into that school was brazen. oh and yes, your post made sense! :seeya:

After reading all night, I am finally caught up... and now I should go back and address the posts I wanted to, but am tooo tired. LOL. Wow at all the info provided. Thank you all.

IHAVENOCLUE... I think it's a great point in asking whether any of N's fathers other children have been circumcised. Even the thought of this happening to little N horrifies me. But it just makes sense to me. From the beginning, I never felt she had been sexually assaulted. I felt there was an underlying reason for her kidnapping, release, and her attire when she was found. I just couldn't put my finger on it.

The Imam grandfather is the mom's father, correct? I know it was reported of the dad's five (or seven) "wives" or gf's.. does anyone know if N's parents are a couple?

I understand that the woman who kidnapped N cannot be recognized due to her dress, but the woman following behind her in the photo would surely be recognized by someone in the school. Just wondering what she heard, as she is following her closely.

These are just my thoughts and speculation:
This was planned by someone close to, or a part of this family.
N was the absolute target.
They did not plan on keeping her. I don't think her release was an accident.
If someone wanted her mutilated and someone else didn't.. I think that would be a clear motive. I also think if this horrific procedure is done "on the down low" then there may be a demand for it underground. Other children in this place could have very well been other girls who had this done to them as well. But maybe they were there with parental consent, while N was not. From reading all the valuable info (thank Mr Belimom, Beli, and others).. I would think N was reaching an age that this procedure could not be performed quietly anymore, especially if her mom and grandfather were against it. KWIM?

Ws'ers are the best and you sleuths are amazing. I don't know about anyone else, but this scenario makes this truly bizarre case make sense. I also feel the perps vanished after releasing N. Like she was the last "procedure", they released her, and poof... gone. Possibly to return the other children that were there.

I have found this case to be the most disturbing case I have ever followed on WS. They way they took her and what I assume was done to her. Poor, poor baby. My stomach hurts. And I remain.. Sad n po'd.

I really could of not imagined a worse case scenario. So many kids here murdered, raped, thrown away like trash. Usually when a child is found safe, its a happy "ending".

I know each of us here send our collective healing energy for her and her family to be surrounded by love and secure arms.

Was the video 21 seconds and end abruptly for you? I see them inside and then I see them outside exiting the school where there are outdoor tables in the background. At the :17 or :18 second mark they show the park where she was found.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

You are right. They changed the video.

This crime is just... illogical. We have here carefully chosen attire for a female perp, but the rest of this plane is just totally insane. It would take just one person at school reacting properly and there would be no kidnapping. Then the place the child was kept in is somewhere close to the place of kidnapping. Again, insane and illogical, and dangerous for the perps.

Then the kid is stuffed under the bed, why? Were the perps not feeling safe in their own apartment? Ok, the apartment was full of people it seems, also other children, but again, what sane kidnapper (I know, kind of an oxymoron here) would locate his victim in the place ocupied by other people he can't be sure of?

And then the child gets released. If she was released because that was what kidnappers wanted, well I don't understand anything. To send a message to her family? Maybe, but then why they brought her to this apartment, why the light skinned dude didn't even bother with covering his face? And they release willingly a living witness? No logic here.

And yet she was specifically targeted, not picked in random. Kidnappers wanted her, for some reason.

More I look at this story, less logic I see. The mastermind behind this crime must be someone mentally ill. Shizophrenic, or delusional.

Ws'ers are the best and you sleuths are amazing. I don't know about anyone else, but this scenario makes this truly bizarre case make sense. I also feel the perps vanished after releasing N. Like she was the last "procedure", they released her, and poof... gone. Possibly to return the other children that were there.

Very interesting thought! I wonder if there is an underground network of practitioners of FGM that travel, much like prior to Roe v. Wade there were doctors and abortionists who traveled and performed illegal abortions.

Well it all makes sense to me if we are on the right track about what was done to the child while she was kidnapped.
Once it was done, kidnappers would have no reason to keep her so they let her go.

What would have happened if the school did not let her go? Nothing, right? They would have just said, you are not authorized to pick her up and not let her go. I don't think the calvary would have been called in or anything.

How far would someone go to have a child mutilated if you believed this way? Time was running out, wasnt it? How else could you accomplish having this procedure done if her mother didnt agree to it? Couldn't charges be filed if someone had this done against her and her mothers will? Having her kidnapped may have been the only way this person had to accomplish this and have a solid alibi. Its not like you could pick her up, mutilate her, then return her home and no one would notice.

This case has made me rethink alot of things. For one, my own barbaric outlook on male circumcision.

I hope and pray there are medical procedures that can help these girls and women that have suffered this horror. I also hope and pray LE has way more info than we do and that the perps will be caught and prosecuted.

I've worked all night, (well, mostly just read here) and all I can see when I close my eyes is this sweet child, the same age as my own lovely DGD. UGH.

I don't believe this procedure can be legally done in US to begin with.

I think if N was kidnapped to be subjected to forceful FGM because the mother would not agree to it, LE would have themselves some suspects by now. No? I mean if the child was returned mutilated wouldn't the mother be able to contribute some tips to LE like, "her father was in favor" or "So-n-so was insistent but I disagreed" or "Her grandfather disagreed with a group that supported it". I mean I'm sure the first question would be "Who would want to see this done to your daughter?". Kwim? Currently LE is saying they have no suspects. Meaning they have no clue as to the identity of the darked skinned, green eyed woman in the niqab or the light skinned male in sweat pants. I firmly believe if this child was subject to FGM, LE's investigation would be already be focused on individuals or groups. There would be no need to offer a $75.000 reward. That tells me LE has nothing. IMO

I don't think you can make any conclusion based on the fact that LE still doesn't have suspects. Based on many other cases, sometimes it's clearly obvious what went on, but LE still can't make an arrest. You also can't make any conclusion that LE has nothing because of a large reward being offered. There was a large reward offered in a case of a murdered physician in Philly. LE made an arrest very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304