IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being snarky, but protect them from what?:waitasec: They were found dead. If it were me, I'd want to know anything that anyone found to be a remote possibility of them killing my child.

I guess I'm misunderstanding....I wouldn't want people to NOT talk about it, I'd want everyone talking every day until this SOB was caught. But that's just me.

There isn't anything anyone could say that wouldn't have already gone through my head as to what happened to my baby...I'm sure those parents have thought about the absolute worst at some point along the way. So, I'd be of the opinion of "don't pity me...HELP ME FIND WHO DID THIS".:twocents:

Some of the speculation I've heard (on WS and elsewhere) would just be hurtful. Such as graphic descriptions of what might have happened to the girls, graphic descriptions of scavenger activity, etc. No parent of a deceased child needs to hear that sort of thing without asking for it.

Drew and Heather Collins have specifically said that they don't want to know details, they try not to think about them. Respecting that wish is the least anyone can do in face of the tragedy that has befallen them.

Good evening everyone. I don't post often but do read the thread every day hoping that an arrest has been made. Reading about the dogs has led me to ask some questions that I hope someone can answer. Were dogs used at the 7 Bridges site? If so, were the dogs trackers, cadaver dogs, or both types of dogs? Cadaver dogs would certainly have reacted to the girls' remains. But what about tracking dogs reacting at that site. I am thinking that if trackers alerted at 7 Bridges, this would indicate that the girls were alive there and then killed. If so, could trackers backtrack the girls' scent to another location? Also, if trackers did not alert at 7 Bridges, wouldn't this mean that the girls were already dead when they reached 7 Bridges?

The oldest track a SAR dog can follow is something in the 10-14 day range. Given absolutely ideal conditions.

It is highly unlikely that the girls were walked into 7 Bridges Park alive and then killed within 14 days of when their bodies were discovered. Just in my own humble opinion.

But do we actually know that the bodies were found some distance apart? In the picture, we saw two protected areas of evidence and presumed that meant a body in each place, but perhaps one was where both bodies were found and the other was something else, like maybe where a shovel was thrown away or something.

Was there anything that was actually said?

Not that I know of but the overhead crime scene pic reminds me of Jessica Ridgeways.

In her case, we were all speculating that the markers visible from above might not have meant that she was dismembered. Sadly, this is exactly what they indicated.

I tend to believe the two white sheets were covering two little bodies.

:cow:

Big hugs Artzypantz and especially for your son too. Big hugs.

Whoa, I think you just lost me here. Is the co-worker you are referring to in your post the SAME co-worker who you think may be involved in what happened to Lyric and Lizzie? Or is this a different co-worker?

It's terrible this happened to your poor son.

:tyou: Dr Know? :seeya:

Yes my son will forever be haunted and tormented by what his own father did to him! He does deserve hug after hug for a life time!

Marilynilpa, no its not the same person. My son was 9 yrs then, he is 20 now. I can see where you got confused, sorry. I think i may have mentioned in my posts before that these preditors & other strange persons just seem to flock to me. Its creepy and disgusting, so i learned along time ago to avoid almost everyone, and is why im 44 yrs old and still single. Im a bonafide paranoidiac......or something like that. :(

Artzy

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/19/misty-daniel-morrissey-criminal-records-meth_n_1688083.html

Not sleuthing the family, just thinking the above case certainly might have been the first thing that popped into the family's head and made them think the girls were abducted.[/QUOTE] - thankyou Bootsctr!!!!

I modified the original response (which i really enjoyed) to be a shorter post but left the attached article because it brings me back to Elizabeth again at the end of the article. Cindersoot has also posted above about the clothing, purse etc. If it was Waterloo, yes, i would be more inclined to think it was a drug related abduction that ended so tragically. I dont think they were pawns in an attempt to silence anyone. I think it more likely that you would be gunned down on a suburban street & left there if that was the reason. This is has been carefully planned for maximum impact/enjoyment of the perp. I think this person likes pain & suffering. It's got me thinking about looking for links with other disappearances now.

Thank you for a very thoughtful post.

There are no good statistics on recidivism amongst child molesters. There are studies but the numbers are all over the board.

Part of the problem is that no one knows how common pedophilia is in the population. How many pedophiles are there out there who have never acted on their urges? There is such a huge stigma around it that no one in their right mind who does successfully maintain control over themselves would admit to anyone that they do have pedophiliac urges.

Why does this matter? For one thing, it would give context to treatment. What if 10% of all people had pedophiliac urges but only 0.000000001% ever act on them? If that were so, it would suggest that the problem is not about having pedophilia, the problem is about impulse control or about wanting control over other human beings or whatever.

Thank you GrainneDhu for your kind response! :loveyou: It took me a while just to compose that little paragraph. This case has me thinking differently about a lot of things. The fact that you took time to read my response and thank me has me over the moon :skip: Thank you for your insightful posts and I would like to thank MarilynPA for the link (http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/...r/13/prisons-and-probation-criminal-justice#A). It was definitely a lot of information to mull over and I read all of the comments too!

This case and everyone's comments has me rethinking my opinion of sex offenders and their punishment as well as the death penalty. I don't think I am for the death penalty any more. . . it's just so expensive and maybe it should be up to the families of their murdered loved ones if they want the death penalty or not. Also, to put someone through the anguish of a re-trial of the convicted person where they have to hear again how their loved ones were tortured and murdered seems to me a cruel and unusual punishment. :sigh:

Not being snarky, but protect them from what?:waitasec: They were found dead. If it were me, I'd want to know anything that anyone found to be a remote possibility of them killing my child.

I guess I'm misunderstanding....I wouldn't want people to NOT talk about it, I'd want everyone talking every day until this SOB was caught. But that's just me.

There isn't anything anyone could say that wouldn't have already gone through my head as to what happened to my baby...I'm sure those parents have thought about the absolute worst at some point along the way. So, I'd be of the opinion of "don't pity me...HELP ME FIND WHO DID THIS".:twocents:

I agree.

I strongly feel that I would want to know as many details of who/what/when/where/why, if for no other reason, to have a better idea of how to go about protecting my living children. IMO.

I need input from all of you!! :thewave:

Ok, if you were a local like me, or maybe you are a local, but just don't happen to be me, :giggle: what would you be asking other locals that could hopefully lead a path to finding out more about the case, and/or possibly finding the killer? :websleuther:

I'm pretty outgoing, so no question is off topic. I'll ask anybody anything pretty much. :woohoo:

Ok, if you were a local like me, or maybe you are a local, but just don't happen to be me, :giggle: what would you be asking other locals that could hopefully lead a path to finding out more about the case, and/or possibly finding the killer? :websleuther:

I'm pretty outgoing, so no question is off topic. I'll ask anybody anything pretty much. :woohoo:

Ask what Wylma and Tammy were doing that Friday afternoon. They had unbreakable plans, so it must have been important. So what were they doing and who knew they had plans?

Awesome!!!!

It's so great that you have offered to be our direct line into the locals! Thank you so much! :great:

I would be asking everyone generally what they thought, and listening to gossip.

All though most of it is rubbish, there is almost always a kernal of truth somewhere.

It would be very interesting to confirm the fb rumour regarding the girls asking directions to the lake.

If I were I local and really interested in snooping, I'd probably start attending the same church as the Collins family. :blushing:

(FYI: We had an RSO attending my church for awhile.)

I agree.

I strongly feel that I would want to know as many details of who/what/when/where/why, if for no other reason, to have a better idea of how to go about protecting my living children. IMO.

Not bashing here, but it is very unusual for parents to request no details...in fact, I don't think I've ever heard of it before? :waitasec:

Most mothers (especially) feel a very strong need to know how their children suffered, so they can "suffer" with the child. It is a way to still care for them and stand by them. This is why families most often go to the trials and sit through horrific testimony...they wish to be there for the victim, even though the victim is no longer alive.

I would rather know, I think. The imagination would create more horror than knowing the truth.

I wonder if Heather and Drew have suspicions of their own, which is why they've asked to be kept uninformed. Maybe they are just struggling to not pick up a gun and even the score.

So incredibly tragic. The entire town must be reeling and suspicious.

:cow:

ETA: I've just checked out some of the comments on topix, OMG....:what:

Still, I'm not surprised. Personally, my hinky meter has been in overdrive since 13 July 2012.

I would be asking LE about the posters that were but up by volunteers, the ones that say "the girls were seen near the lake between 12:30 and 1:00 p.m."
Doe's the family make the posters or LE, did only one person see them or several? They don't have to give you names just tell you if the siting if fact or not. Thanks for asking this question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88