Identified! CA - Huntington Beach, WhtFem 40UFCA, 18-30, poss name Andrea, Apr'90 - Andrea Kuiper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marjorie Alice Knox

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6270/0/

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2898dftx.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/knox_marjorie.html

Missing Since: February 14, 1987 from El Paso, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: January 17, 1973
Height and Weight: 5'2 - 5'3, 115 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Biracial (Caucasian/Asian) female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Marjorie may bleach her hair blonde. She is of Thai descent.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A purple shirt and blue jeans.
Medical Conditions: Marjorie may have been pregnant at the time of her disappearance, but this has not been confirmed.

I searched this thread and didn't see her listed. It is believed that she may have been a victim of a serial rapist, but she has never been found. I find her resemblance to "Andrea" striking, especially the second picture shown on doenetwork and Charley Project. Her hair and eye color match and her height, weight, and age are within range.

I don't know how to imbed pictures on my iPad. Sorry!

Marjorie Knox - She attended a Valentine's Day party at Veterans Park in the northeast part of the city. Witnesses saw a young man driving a small truck pull up at the entrance to the park and speak to Marjorie. She disappeared a short time later. Someone saw her walking in Chaparral, New Mexico on Chaparral Street, an unpaved and unlit road, at 2:00 or 3:00 a.m. the next day. Marjorie lived with her family on Byrum Street in Chaparral, a small town about 25 miles from El Paso. She has never been heard from again.

What's interesting is there are 2 girls listed with her; wish we had larger photos of them

Cheryl Vasquez - At the time of her dispapearance, Vasquez worked at a fast food restaurant on Dyer Street and at the <i>Matador Plastics</i> factory in northeast El Paso. Dismukes's mother-in-law claims she knows people who saw her alive after her disappearance, but police believe foul play was involved in her case and Wood was responsible.

Melissa Alaniz - Two weeks before Melissa vanished, she ran away from home after a family argument. She returned after two days, however, and authorities don't believe she left of her own accord again when she vanished in March 1987.

Attachments

• 26f21b83-541f-4681-8ceb-13533005feea[1].jpg
    26f21b83-541f-4681-8ceb-13533005feea[1].jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 0f633909-d79e-4a51-a934-021efe279a4c[1].jpg
    0f633909-d79e-4a51-a934-021efe279a4c[1].jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 2
Marjorie Alice Knox

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6270/0/

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2898dftx.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/knox_marjorie.html

Missing Since: February 14, 1987 from El Paso, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: January 17, 1973
Height and Weight: 5'2 - 5'3, 115 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Biracial (Caucasian/Asian) female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Marjorie may bleach her hair blonde. She is of Thai descent.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A purple shirt and blue jeans.
Medical Conditions: Marjorie may have been pregnant at the time of her disappearance, but this has not been confirmed.

I searched this thread and didn't see her listed. It is believed that she may have been a victim of a serial rapist, but she has never been found. I find her resemblance to "Andrea" striking, especially the second picture shown on doenetwork and Charley Project. Her hair and eye color match and her height, weight, and age are within range.

I don't know how to imbed pictures on my iPad. Sorry!

08678ca3-ed81-405d-aad3-bd00f2c0eb76.jpg
2b31040b-d2cc-466d-b9a1-50425cc6e446.jpg

Margorie is about the closest i've seen in terms of facial shape, except that her forehead appears to be smaller, and her chin is slightly smaller too. Also, she has more of a hispanic/asian look.

She also has a prominent mole under the left side of her nose, which is definitely not there on the Jane Doe. And moles that size don't go away unless they are removed.

View attachment 79157View attachment 79158

Margorie is about the closest i've seen in terms of facial shape, except that her forehead appears to be smaller, and she has more of a hispanic/asian look. She also has a prominent mole under the left side of her nose, which is definitely not there on the Jane Doe.

I found a larger photo; it's attached above. I tried to scale it to a similar size to compare features.

It's said Andrea has acne marks; is it possible to pick at a mole until it's gone so that a scar would be there?

Andrea's acne scars are mostly concentrated around the corners of her mouth and down to her jawline. She doesn't have any scarring in the location where Marjorie's mole is.

08678ca3-ed81-405d-aad3-bd00f2c0eb76.jpg
2b31040b-d2cc-466d-b9a1-50425cc6e446.jpg

Margorie is about the closest i've seen in terms of facial shape, except that her forehead appears to be smaller, and her chin is slightly smaller too. Also, she has more of a hispanic/asian look.

She also has a prominent mole under the left side of her nose, which is definitely not there on the Jane Doe. And moles that size don't go away unless they are removed.

I didn't even notice the mole. Back to searching....

I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips and guidelines as to how and where one would start looking or searching for a missing person report on this girl ? I just cannot stop wondering where she came from.
Any help is very much appreciated

I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips and guidelines as to how and where one would start looking or searching for a missing person report on this girl ? I just cannot stop wondering where she came from.

There aren't any good resources available to the public for a comprehensive list of missing persons. The publicly available databases (NamUs, Charley Project, NAMPN, DoeNetwork, NCMEC) include only a very small percentage of all missing persons reported missing in the U.S.

The National Crime Information Center (NCIC) database is probably the most comprehensive, but it is not available to the public.

:eek:fftopic:
Incidentally, I had been doing research on four missing persons presumed to be victims of serial killer Patrick Kearney (Larry Gene Walters (20) missing 31-Oct-1974, Robert Benniefiel (17) missing in Fall of 1976, Larry Armendariz (15), missing 18-Apr-1976, and Oliver Peter Molitor (13), missing 11-Jun-1976)

I just now received an e-mail from a guy who does research for Meaghan of Charley Project, and he says that he called CA-DOJ to inquire about these four persons, and they don't have any record of them as missing persons. I am not entirely sure that Molitor and Armendariz are still missing, but I am pretty sure that Benniefiel is still missing, and I know for sure that Walters has never been found, as a woman claiming to be his niece said so in 2008 on a discussion board.

There are also state and provincial police websites, sheriff's department websites, medical examiners' websites.

If you have a particular person in mind, checking the local news outlets at around the time of the disappearance will often produce anniversary articles that include new information.

There is also the new Canadian missing person's site. I have just started going through that. I believe it is canadasmissing.ca. It is to be their equivalent of NamUs I think, but I haven't done a lot of research on it.

It is reported Andrea told people she was from Virginia/the East Coast/New York, I think?

If you google missing people, then the name of the state where you want to search, you often find websites with pics. It is a nightmare though, and I'm very bad at it. I'm working hard with other people trying to make something better for us though. It's hard and taking a long time. Wish me luck!

I don't want to confuse Andrea's thread so I'm not going to post a pic, but....

There's a young Jane Doe in Ohio who's been languishing there since 2007 and she was found with just about nothing to help id her. What she has got though (in the reconstruction) is a short nose (not snub though), rounded face and an unusually long length between her upper lip and base of her nose.

Soon as I saw her I thought she could be a match for many of the missing I've rejected for Andrea because the nose isn't snub enough. If posters could keep this one in the backs of their minds when searching for Andrea, you never know - you might bring another one home.

http://letsfindthem.wordpress.com/2012/08/14/jane-doe-found-in-2007-still-unidentified-ohio/

there is one thing about the deceased "Andrea" that I find intriguing from a personality standpoint. unfortunately, it is far too common to see homeless people (at least depending on where one lives) yet here this young woman was such a compelling person that a man took pity on her, invited her into his family's home, they fed her and gave her a place to sleep as well as some money for new clothes.

what did this homeless "Andrea" do with the money she got? she actually went to a Goodwill to buy herself some clothing on the cheap. so she did not run out to buy alcohol or drugs but accepted the kindness of strangers and actually used the money as intended.

so it would seem to me that "Andrea" had some decency about her which could indicate that she had a good upbringing. what caused her to leave her home is still a mystery as someone had been paying for expensive dental work for her.

Perceptive insights. Perhaps she was heartbroken or jilted?

Andrea told people in CA that she was from Virginia or NY. You'll have to excuse my ignorance - would her accent have been obvious enough to californians that she would have needed to explain it?

I'm trying to work out if there was some truth in what Andrea told people, or if it was just fantasy.

Would a children's home have been likely to provide her with expensive dental care?

Hard to tell...depends on what part. I live in VA and have heard accents ranging from "hillbilly" to "southern drawl" to a particular "virginia drawl" to "valley girl" to absolutely none (all from native Virginians). And I knew two people from upstate New York who has no detectable accent at all to me anyway.

Did we find were she hitchhiked from? I know she traveled from another location with another hitchhiker- a male, right? So were they coming from the North- or from the east?

One thing I would like to know is, does the person who let her stay the night and gave her some money, remember how she pronounced her name? This would at least help to identify her as MM's Andrea.

One thing I would like to know is, does the person who let her stay the night and gave her some money, remember how she pronounced her name? This would at least help to identify her as MM's Andrea.

I wonder how we could get in touch with him. Unfortunatly the mobile home park is no longer there. Most of the people who lived there were on the older side, if thats the case they would be very old by now.

I'm assuming the police Dept. would be not willing to give any inforormation about these people??

I 've been trying to call up more newspaper articles about Andrea at this free site, but I'm not having much luck. Here's the link for anyone who is better with search terms than me:

http://cdnc.ucr.edu/cdnc

Unless I'm going crazy, it looks like all archives from 1922 to 2006 are missing. Not helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie