AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
It saddens me to be to be in this thread........ alone. :(
Bump for Brittney.
Just overwhelming at times. Like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Bump for Brittney.

You're not alone, Simp, there are lots of WSers with you. I have been following this case since the beginning and check in often. Very discouraging except for the angels from here who have been searching. This case, and Kortne Stouffer, are two for the record books. Very little coverage on both disappearances. It's like neither one of them ever existed. Incredibly sad. I always held out that Brittney left on her own, but as the months pass and with her dysfunctional criminal relatives, my hopes have turned bleak.

May God watch over Brittney and Kortne, and all the others who are victims of foul play.

We might not be on at the same time, but you are never alone, Simp. We are all still here, cheering all you dedicated ws'ers on! All of you who are searching... you rock! thanks is not enough!

Welcome newbies!!!!

Yeah, never alone, I check every night, and if I am able more often. (Sometimes much more often!)
It has been my nightmare that Brittney might be deceased, her body out there alone in the elements, season in, season out, no one really giving a rats...(I have been on edge since the bones were found at the bridge)
Of course the other nightmare is that she is never found, dead or alive, one minute she is there, in her tanktop and flipflops, then poof, it is like she never was...
In my clumsy way, I want you guys to know that you caring about Brittney, as I do, means the world to me!

I check on Brittney's case daily. Even though LE doesn't appear to consider her missing "a case", I do. Brittney is not alone with all of our thoughts and prayers. I hope every day she is brought home.

I also want to thank all of you who searched for Brittney. You're unselfish, good people with big hearts!

Speaking of the searches, can someone message me or post here when they are going to be doing a search and I'll come out.

Of course the other nightmare is that she is never found, dead or alive, one minute she is there, in her tanktop and flipflops, then poof, it is like she never was...

This is my nightmare. Like I said in another post a page or two back, I don't really post here (although apparently I'm starting to?!), although I read a lot, several big cases in particular. I think all cases here touch your heart in some way but I feel a MUCH bigger emotional attachment to Brittney than almost any other case I've followed, and it's heartbreaking to think we might never know.

I wonder whether lots of us feel so strongly about Brittney's case because WS are really her only soldiers? I know that WH and SSH are still fighting, but it's hard for them in isolation from the rest of her family. The fact that so much drama surrounds the Woods makes me feel like those posters here who follow, send good wishes, even go out searching... I guess WS is almost a second family for her in a messed-up very modern kind of way!

Thanks to those you who posted that Brittney's step-mom & dad are determined to find her.

I feel better knowing she does have some of her kin who are acting like "real" family.

Speaking of the searches, can someone message me or post here when they are going to be doing a search and I'll come out.

As soon as we plan another one, which we are hoping to be very soon, I will let you know the details. Thank you for offering to help! It's an amazing feeling to know we are all here to bring justice for Brittney!!

I obsessively check several times a day for new news. Can't stand the fact that, IMO, one (or more) of her "loved" ones knows what happened to her and yet remains silent.

I hope that when they find her, they have enough evidence to put those who have wronged her in their proper place.

I too have no connection to her. Maybe it's that a very young child without her mother makes me stay to see that justice prevails.

Come home Brittney.

Bump for Brittney.

I check Brittney's thread almost every day, and I think about her every day, wondering what happened to her, where she could be, is there any chance she's voluntarily missing, etc. etc. You're not alone.

This case is very frustrating, with family members in jail, other family members more worried about the inmates than the victims, rumors of drugs...It's just so hard to pin down the most likely scenario of what happened, and then we have LE treating this like she's not even missing.

I am another one who checks in at least once daily... usually as "guest".

Brittney strikes a chord with so many of us. There are probably a lot of different reasons why we are so drawn to her, but at the center is our concern and dismay at the situation. I have so much admiration for those locals who are searching. You are giving a gift of the heart that can not be purchased.

I know I am the only one, but I still can not let go of the idea that she may have become a victim of human trafficking. Unfortunately, Brittney, and people in similar situations, are prime candidates for the trade. Girls/women who have an unstable (what an understatement in Brittney's case!) home life, don't keep regular hours, are unemployed, around a drug environment, etc., usually take time to be considered missing. They can be tricked and taken by the persons running the operation, or "sold" or traded for drugs by someone in their circle of acquaintances or a relative. It would be a way to get rid of a person, and also feed a habit. It is beyond repulsive, but it happens every day.

Goodness, such a long winded message. Now you see why I have been just reading and not signing in -- it removes the temptation to post.

I am another one who checks in at least once daily... usually as "guest".

Brittney strikes a chord with so many of us. There are probably a lot of different reasons why we are so drawn to her, but at the center is our concern and dismay at the situation. I have so much admiration for those locals who are searching. You are giving a gift of the heart that can not be purchased.

I know I am the only one, but I still can not let go of the idea that she may have become a victim of human trafficking. Unfortunately, Brittney, and people in similar situations, are prime candidates for the trade. Girls/women who have an unstable (what an understatement in Brittney's case!) home life, don't keep regular hours, are unemployed, around a drug environment, etc., usually take time to be considered missing. They can be tricked and taken by the persons running the operation, or "sold" or traded for drugs by someone in their circle of acquaintances or a relative. It would be a way to get rid of a person, and also feed a habit. It is beyond repulsive, but it happens every day.

Goodness, such a long winded message. Now you see why I have been just reading and not signing in -- it removes the temptation to post.

Please Post!! What you have to say is valuable. So, guess we know who ONE of the guests are. LOL

:candle: Bumping for Brittney :candle:

Oh yay, Brittney has got such lovely "friends". Wouldn't it be mind blowingly wonderful if one day she could come on and post?

I don't really understand the human trafficking, (I know, I should read up on it, but I'm just loathe to walk through that door into the darkness), really my hope is that one of the family will talk. It must be driving her step mum and dad banana's, knowing that someone probably knows something!

I obsessively check several times a day for new news. Can't stand the fact that, IMO, one (or more) of her "loved" ones knows what happened to her and yet remains silent.

I hope that when they find her, they have enough evidence to put those who have wronged her in their proper place.

I too have no connection to her. Maybe it's that a very young child without her mother makes me stay to see that justice prevails.

Come home Brittney.

There seems to have been so much suffering of the little children in this case, the next generation must deserve to live as free of pain as possible. It won't happen though, if Brittney's child has to grow up knowing that everytime a body is found, it could be Mom. Families seem to suffer much more when the fate of their loved ones is unresolved.

People putting their feet on the ground to find Brittney are working to save a child's future as well, I think. They are sowing goodness to be reaped in the future and no thanks could be enough.

People who know something and are not coming forward will also reap what they have sown, I believe. They'll be quaking in their shoes at the thought of that harvest, though.

Please Post!! What you have to say is valuable. So, guess we know who ONE of the guests are. LOL

Thanks, Simp. Every time I would read a comment about the "guests", I would feel a bit guilty, like I was misleading everyone. Now y'all can see why I would make a lousy criminal. I missed out on the act innocent gene. (-;

Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member