GUILTY TN - Lindsey Lowe charged in deaths of newborn twins, Hendersonville, 2011 *guilty*

I am still just flabbergasted about this chick. wow

ITA. There was no need for any of this whatsoever. With "safe heaven" laws the children could have been dropped somewhere, and no doubt would have been adopted. There is a large demand on healthy infants.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...st-results?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Here we go. The DNA test showed that the boys were not the fiancées. They were another man's children. I wonder if they will still try for some kind of insanity plea? Seems like this leans heavily toward premeditation.

I heard that the boys belonged to the husband/significant other of one of her cousins? And she knew him from Western Kentucky University..anyone know if there's any truth to that rumor? A Jeremy someone?

I heard that the boys belonged to the husband/significant other of one of her cousins? And she knew him from Western Kentucky University..anyone know if there's any truth to that rumor? A Jeremy someone?

If that's true, that's even MORE motive imo.

He has three good reasons to walk away and most men would. Two dead babies and they weren't his. What man would ever want to marry a woman like that? Makes you wonder doesn't it?

jmo

I'm wondering about the circumstances under which she got pregnant. Sometimes things are known behind the scenes that don't get out this early.

It was her cousin's husband who fathered the children. Could she have been forced or coerced into sex with the cousin's husband? Or been taken advantage of while under the influence? That could explain her responses to the pregnancy and could explain why the financee might be standing behind her even after the horrific things she has done.

Noting that the financee and her are still together makes me wonder if the cousin and her husband are still together? I can't imagine what she is going through. Not only is her cousin being investigated and charged with the murder of her babies, but then come to find out the babies were fathered by her own husband. Not a way to foster peace and harmony in a marriage!

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...9/Lindsey-Lowe-pleads-not-guilty-twins-deaths

Next appearance in court is scheduled for May. Fingers crossed for justice to be served. So sick of hearing about innocent babies murdered at the hands of their own mothers every single week. Even worse, they never quite seem to get the punishment they deserve. How much more can we take?? It has got to stop.. These young mothers need to know they can't get away with taking an innocent life..

I don't understand how anyone could have done this....and especially with all the safeguards that are in place today. And a 25 year old??? Oh plzzzz, what were her parents going to do.....take her birthday away????? I feel some compassion for YOUNG girls who do this,( 18 and under) but by the time I was 18 I had two children. At the age of 25 one would have to think she knew dang well what she was doing.

Paul and Mark.
These babies have names.
I didn't see the actual names mentioned here.

Before the babies were buried at a private ceremony in September, family members named them Mark Alvin Michael Lowe and Paul Duvoll Tate Lowe.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/16073374/arraignment-for-woman-accused-of-killing-newborn-twins

Attorney John Pellegrin told NewsChannel 5 that the twins were given names, Mark Alvin Michael Lowe and Paul Duvoll Tate Lowe.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/15561992/private-funeral-held-sunday-for-newborn-twins

I've been following this case since it first broke as its not at all far from where we live.. I've not read all of the posts, but a great deal of them I have read.. So plz forgive if this has already been thoroughly discussed..

My perspective is not really directed to this young woman and what she is(evil, Ill, socio,etc) but more a perspective for what I see as the breeding ground for how this exact type of murder has come to be.. This from all outward appearances seems to be basically the type social class and strong church ties that I was raised in.. For me personally I didn't experience this exact issue I'm about to broach due to the fact that my mom got pregnant out of wedlock at 15(and God would she die if she knew that even now I was anonymously telling that about her as no one in our entire church and social friends of my family have any idea of my perfect mother's past).. But due to my mom's great fear of that my sis or I could possibly follow her footsteps in that way(and believe me it was fear of how it would "look" to everyone else).. But she started young with us about sex, protection, etc.. But we were not typical, infact atypical and everyone around us as far as the church social groups were handled the exact opposite..

The girls were never even talked to about sex, the precautions, and dangers, etc.. I'm dead serious you guys.. This group somehow believes if it's not talked about it doesn't exist.. Again I am dead serious!! These girls were raised that sex was bad, it was dirty, and girls like them were to never even talk about it.. I mean FGS many of them were never even properly explained to them about their periods and how a woman's body works along with the multitude of changes that you'd be experiencing through puberty and beyond.. Again I'm dead serious and I'm not exaggerating.. I know it's hard to believe and it sounds so far removed from the civilization of today, but it's true and this is exactly how these circumstances came to be as to why this young woman IMO did what she did..

It's not some weird, remote denomination, either.. It's straight up southern Baptist and it is how many girls are raised within their "normal", upper middle class homes with tons of friends, activities, etc, etc.. Everything from the outside "looks" perfect and you see that's all that matters.. My mother to this day it's all that matters is that how things "look" from the outside.. Everything else can be hidden, shamed into the dark, and act as tho it just doesn't even exist!!.. I'm as serious as I can be and I'm not certain that I'm even doing justice to this issue in my attempts to quickly sum it up in one, single post.. Because that's not possible but I do hope I'm atleast explaining it well enough to open up the dialogue so that we can discuss this long standing issue that IMO is directly involved with why this young woman killed these babies..

I'm not saying that all girls raised like this would murder their babies when in the same situation.. Not what I'm saying at all.. I'm attempting to fill in the entire lifetime of background that created this deep, engrained sense that we are taught our entire lives that it almost doesn't exist if we act like its not there..

Again I apologize for this poor attempt to explain what I feel is at the heart of a case such as this.. It's not the first and if it's not opened up and brought to the light of day there will only be many more cases identical to continue happening..

I'm Hoping there are others here who possibly were raised in this environment that I was and possibly can add more or explain better what I've attempted to broach here with this subject.. As I said its not about this woman as an individual but rather the background of what possibly "helps" in creating this type person who goes on to commit heinous crimes such as this..

Smooth Operator, I think you could be spot on. I know of what you speak. Not from personal experience but from reading the news a lot. And don't get me started on Baptists and their "schools." There are survivor groups of children that went to those schools. There shouldn't be a survivor group for a school. It's heartbreaking to read their stories.

Lowe goes to trial in March. They are not seeking the death penalty.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...e-woman?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|p

Her mother discovered the dead newborns in a laundry basket at the house two days later and called police.

Can you imagine being sick with cancer,then finding your 2 dead newborn only grandchildren laying dead in a basket of dirty clothes. I am so glad her mother did the right thing and called the police on her.

Sorry but she should be facing the death penalty x's 2 IMO.

My sympathy is directed at her two little victims.She needs to rot in a prison cell for a very long time.She is 25 not a child,she had no right to play god and decide those babies had no right to a life.Years ago I might have felt pity for her,but I can only feel disgust for her.She made a choice to murder those two babies and she needs to pay for what she has done.IMO there is no excuse for what she did.She could have just left them at a hospital and walked away.She had many options available to her.those babies had none.

I've been following this case since it first broke as its not at all far from where we live.. I've not read all of the posts, but a great deal of them I have read.. So plz forgive if this has already been thoroughly discussed..

My perspective is not really directed to this young woman and what she is(evil, Ill, socio,etc) but more a perspective for what I see as the breeding ground for how this exact type of murder has come to be.. This from all outward appearances seems to be basically the type social class and strong church ties that I was raised in.. For me personally I didn't experience this exact issue I'm about to broach due to the fact that my mom got pregnant out of wedlock at 15(and God would she die if she knew that even now I was anonymously telling that about her as no one in our entire church and social friends of my family have any idea of my perfect mother's past).. But due to my mom's great fear of that my sis or I could possibly follow her footsteps in that way(and believe me it was fear of how it would "look" to everyone else).. But she started young with us about sex, protection, etc.. But we were not typical, infact atypical and everyone around us as far as the church social groups were handled the exact opposite..

The girls were never even talked to about sex, the precautions, and dangers, etc.. I'm dead serious you guys.. This group somehow believes if it's not talked about it doesn't exist.. Again I am dead serious!! These girls were raised that sex was bad, it was dirty, and girls like them were to never even talk about it.. I mean FGS many of them were never even properly explained to them about their periods and how a woman's body works along with the multitude of changes that you'd be experiencing through puberty and beyond.. Again I'm dead serious and I'm not exaggerating.. I know it's hard to believe and it sounds so far removed from the civilization of today, but it's true and this is exactly how these circumstances came to be as to why this young woman IMO did what she did..

It's not some weird, remote denomination, either.. It's straight up southern Baptist and it is how many girls are raised within their "normal", upper middle class homes with tons of friends, activities, etc, etc.. Everything from the outside "looks" perfect and you see that's all that matters.. My mother to this day it's all that matters is that how things "look" from the outside.. Everything else can be hidden, shamed into the dark, and act as tho it just doesn't even exist!!.. I'm as serious as I can be and I'm not certain that I'm even doing justice to this issue in my attempts to quickly sum it up in one, single post.. Because that's not possible but I do hope I'm atleast explaining it well enough to open up the dialogue so that we can discuss this long standing issue that IMO is directly involved with why this young woman killed these babies..

I'm not saying that all girls raised like this would murder their babies when in the same situation.. Not what I'm saying at all.. I'm attempting to fill in the entire lifetime of background that created this deep, engrained sense that we are taught our entire lives that it almost doesn't exist if we act like its not there..

Again I apologize for this poor attempt to explain what I feel is at the heart of a case such as this.. It's not the first and if it's not opened up and brought to the light of day there will only be many more cases identical to continue happening..

I'm Hoping there are others here who possibly were raised in this environment that I was and possibly can add more or explain better what I've attempted to broach here with this subject.. As I said its not about this woman as an individual but rather the background of what possibly "helps" in creating this type person who goes on to commit heinous crimes such as this..

I am a Southern Baptist. I was raised SB, married one, raised our children in the church, and even have a son who is a minister and attended a SB college....

I can tell you for a fact- in our family, we could care less about appearances. We raised our children with the morals and values we felt important. I can remember telling my boys when they got to be teens(much to their embarrassment) that if they ever got a girl pregnant, they wouldn't be forced to marry, but they would darn well support that child and be a father to it. I also told my daughter that if she got pregant we would love and support her and the baby, but we hoped she would be smart enough not to find herself in that situation.

So the Southern Baptist excuse to me, doesn't hold water....

I used to live less than a mile from the Sumner County courthouse. No one in the area that I know of had any sympathy or empathy for this young woman and her so-called predicament. She is an adult and should be responsible for her behavior. God bless her mother for calling this in to LE. Obviously Mom had morals and standards her daughter chose not to follow. JMO. FWIW

I am a Southern Baptist. I was raised SB, married one, raised our children in the church, and even have a son who is a minister and attended a SB college....

I can tell you for a fact- in our family, we could care less about appearances. We raised our children with the morals and values we felt important. I can remember telling my boys when they got to be teens(much to their embarrassment) that if they ever got a girl pregnant, they wouldn't be forced to marry, but they would darn well support that child and be a father to it. I also told my daughter that if she got pregant we would love and support her and the baby, but we hoped she would be smart enough not to find herself in that situation.

So the Southern Baptist excuse to me, doesn't hold water....

I don't see it as an excuse. More if a why this happened. We just left a uber conservative group and while not everyone was trying to keep up appearances there were families that did. And it was more like Stepford Wives than a reality of walking the Christian walk.

There is no excuse for what this woman did and I believe she needs to be punished. But I also believe that as a nation and church groups we need to face the reality of allowing people to be real and fail so that hope is not lost. This woman killed her own children because selfishly she could see no other way out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back