GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was SS's loud , piercing screams that changed Z from a rapist to an unstable killer...he needed to silence her. His adrenaline and testosterone were pumping and he's unstable. He may have also been high on glue.

i guess it's pointless to belabour it, but surely the other women screamed too?

You're welcome. This is from Anadolu (News) Agency, the biggest news agency in Turkey. They also have a website in English. Maybe a better translation may appear in a few hours/days.

http://www.aa.com.tr/en/news/

But I believe that picture of Ziya looked like an ID picture. He was also in and out of prison. Maybe it is a mugshot.

I also do not understand the motive for murder. Unless something really ticked him off. Maybe the fight SS put up.

Ya I'm having trouble trying to imagine what would tick Ziya off so bad that it led to murder.

This is what I said yesterday, and still think it may be close to the truth. But now I think SS was relocated out of Z's cave by perhaps other homeless people that wanted to "frame" the killer.

She couldn't have been in Z's cave, they showed his cave on tv, and it doesn't look disturbed at all, or guarded. If his cave was involved in the crime, all his things wouldn't still be in that cave but being tested for DNA evidence.

I didn't know that Think Hard. So by Z's cave , I should say the place of the attempted rape and then murder. Makes sense he wouldn't do that in his own cave.

You're welcome. This is from Anadolu (News) Agency, the biggest news agency in Turkey. They also have a website in English. Maybe a better translation may appear in a few hours/days.

http://www.aa.com.tr/en/news/

But I believe that picture of Ziya looked like an ID picture. He was also in and out of prison. Maybe it is a mugshot.

I also do not understand the motive for murder. Unless something really ticked him off. Maybe the fight SS put up.

Does anyone know what he was in prison for?

Ya I'm having trouble trying to imagine what would tick Ziya off so bad that it led to murder.

After having cut my literary teeth on Steinbeck's "Of Mice and Men" I have no difficulty imagining a drugged, mentally disabled person panicking and doing what is necessary to "make it stop."

Regarding my last two posts...I apolpogize for not reading the last few pages of posts... I should have done that first! :blushing:

After having cut my literary teeth on Steinbeck's "Of Mice and Men" I have no difficulty imagining a drugged, mentally disabled person panicking and doing what is necessary to "make it stop."

True. But according to other homeless men in that area, one claimed to have been there were SS was taking pictures of them, and they were talking in hand gestures. Who knows if this is believable but if it is I have trouble believing SS would engage in interactions with someone who was so drugged out that they would go into such rage.

Wouldn't she have noticed he was looped out of his mind, and left the area when more then one person was around?

I understand your point, but he made it 'start', or one of them did.

This has probably been asked before ... sorry if it's repetitive ... I was just wondering.

Anyone know if people living in the "caves" along this historic wall object to having their pictures taken?

Do they expect tourists to pay them something in exchange for taking pictures?

Thanks to anyone who is familiar with the area.

Does anyone know what he was in prison for?

The article Yashim most recently translated said he would commit petty crimes so he could spend time in prison (where presumably he could eat, shower, stay out of the cold, etc.)

This has probably been asked before ... sorry if it's repetitive ... I was just wondering.

Anyone know if people living in the "caves" along this historic wall object to having their pictures taken?

Do they expect tourists to pay them something in exchange for taking pictures?

Thanks to anyone who is familiar with the area.

They could want some money in exchange for their picture.

However I find it a little hard to believe SS was taking pictures of people, as that doesn't seem to fit the genre of photography she was into.

True. But according to other homeless men in that area, one claimed to have been there were SS was taking pictures of them, and they were talking in hand gestures. Who knows if this is believable but if it is I have trouble believing SS would engage in interactions with someone who was so drugged out that they would go into such rage.

Wouldn't she have noticed he was looped out of his mind, and left the area when more then one person was around?

So have homeless men been talking to the press and/or police and the info is true and documented? Or just some more speculation from media?

Looking at the latest video alleged to be Sarai, I realize the image is very quick, but, in the last frame, does anyone thing she's wearing a backpack or taking off a scarf? That hand movement?

yavuz oymak tv8 sarai sierra cinayeti amerika cıa mit tecavüz özel haber tinerci laz ziya - YouTube

Just curious.

Well, I've watched it three times, now, and it sure is fast (why don't they slow it down?), but I don't get that there's a backpack involved. Looks to me like she's either swinging a piece of clothing out in front of her with her right hand or carrying something. But I'm still not convinced it's her.

And look at the video of Ziya's "home" closely. There are some wires or cords in there, suggesting some electronic devices. ???

They could want some money in exchange for their picture.

However I find it a little hard to believe SS was taking pictures of people, as that doesn't seem to fit the genre of photography she was into.

Thanks.

I agree. I have taken photos at historical sites, where people in the area were not the intended subject of my photo. Yet, they expected to be paid for the photo, none-the-less. Which, is why I asked the question.

I also feel the idea that her electronics were taken & destroyed intentionally, due to the photos that were feared to be on them after the fact - is a reasonable one.

Finally, I have noticed that wandering about cities is becoming more common these days with tourists walking with GPS in had (ipad/iphone) just following the walking route suggested by Siri. And IIRC, Siri was having some trouble with really poor routing instructions recently. You can get a false sense of confidence that the GPS is taking you the best walking route. My kids let the GPS lead them, but I demand a good local map (in a foreign city).

...just noodling...(and reading back)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members