CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to bring this up, but I haven't really seen much about it...

Could the potential amount of time she was in the water make it harder to run certain tests, more specifically, to determine if she was sexually assaulted?

I know this is probably one of the first things they'll look into. But it seems like if there was no sign of a struggle or excessive force on her, that might narrow the possibilities a bit.

I dont know bout this but,,... U can say what ever u want to say but bad people with bad intentions and intrest/motivation in occult do exist and act... If u like it or not.

Of course they exist. As do bad people with bad intentions who are interested in knitting. My point was that some anonymous "psychic" on Twitter linking 2 almost certainly unrelated cases via some etherial "occult" is equally certain to be one french fry short of a happy meal, a fraud or an opportunist.

Occult is a catch all phrase tossed around to induce fear. Interest in the occult is not evil on its face. In fact, psychics are part of the occult. It is simply an interest in the supernatural/preternatural/paranormal. Many major religions have occult aspects to them. Kabbalah for Judaism, the Magi in the story of the birth of Christ, stories in the vedas in Hinduism, etc.

I hate to bring this up, but I haven't really seen much about it...

Could the potential amount of time she was in the water make it harder to run certain tests, more specifically, to determine if she was sexually assaulted?

I know this is probably one of the first things they'll look into. But it seems like if there was no sign of a struggle or excessive force on her, that might narrow the possibilities a bit.

Yes. It would almost certainly wash away any... um... genetic material left behind to indicate sexual assault and I think it might obscure the telltale signs of forcible penetration such as interior bruising.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlkL2zpb-Q0"]Dark Water Japanese Version (English Legend) (2002) - YouTube[/ame]
Dark Water (2002 Japanese)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vfHe7khS_Y"]Dark Water - YouTube[/ame]
Dark Water (2005 USA)

^You can watch the movies on youtube. Some have mentioned the similarities.

Hi smeinzer! Thanks for joining the community and offering to answer some questions. I am wondering if you can help us determine conclusively which floor Eliza was on in the video.

Do you know or remember if the 14th floor walls (outside the elevators) were the same as the 15th floor (a darkish brown) or if they were a blue-green color? Do you know what color the 10th floor walls were?

And just out of curiosity, when you went onto the roof in the dark to take pictures, did you notice the water tanks or utility room at all? Did you see the utility room and consider climbing on top of it to get a better view? Did you notice any graffiti? I guess I'm wondering how conscious an average individual would be to all of these items the first time they arrive on the rooftop, especially in the dark.

Thanks again smeinzer for your willingness to clarify things for all of us!

Can we all agree that the floor she is most likely to be on is this one?

HjEFuNP.jpg

Same wooden horizontal bar, same wall color, same floor, same vertical columns, same light fixture seen in the top right corner in the elevator video.

And the mirror? Elisa is definitely looking into it directly numerous times in the video to see further than she can from where she stands.

So now, can anyone confirm WHICH floor that picture is from?

I dont necessarily agree that she is on that floor. I mean it seems very reasonable but; She is not for sure looking in a mirror to me, she could be staring at a reflection off glass considering other floors were shows to have pictures in that area.

Also consider this; every DOES match up almost exactly. but isnt it possible another floor could have the same layout? I mean thats what the video somewhat shows when the elevator decides to move. Door closes, elevator seemingly moves, door opens and the scene is the same with exception of the light.

Anyone know what the 14th floor looks like? I feel like its probably similar. Which would fuel Turks theory that she is on 15.

Starts at 15... goes to 14 (dim 14 light goes out supposedly) then to 10 7 etc

To me that picture is of the 15th floor. It is definitely a double digit number.

If I could add another question for smeinzer:

1. Do you recall how many security guards were active that day when you decided to go on the rooftops at night?

2. Did you notice any janitors on the hallways at night during your 3-day stay at the Cecil Hotel (Stay At Main)?

3. Have you used the public shower rooms there? At any point, could anybody had been able to swipe their keycard to open the locked public shower room door to get inside while somebody was taking a shower?

Did you notice the ventilation grate on the very top of the wall on the shower room?

Stay Hotel Downtown Los Angeles CA - YouTube

3:28 shows the shower and 4:18 shows the vent up high in washroom next door..

1. I think there were 3 guards in the lobby area. They mostly hung around the entrance to the elevator. We were asked to see our key card once but that was the only interaction with security we had.

2. We never saw a single janitor during our stay.

3. Neither my brother nor I used the shared showers since our room had its own bathroom and shower. We actually had the same conversation when we walked past the showers and heard one running. We assumed that there was some way to lock other guests out but never checked to verify that unfortunately.

Of course they exist. As do bad people with bad intentions who are interested in knitting. My point was that some anonymous "psychic" on Twitter linking 2 almost certainly unrelated cases via some etherial "occult" is equally certain to be one french fry short of a happy meal, a fraud or an opportunist.

Occult is a catch all phrase tossed around to induce fear. Interest in the occult is not evil on its face. In fact, psychics are part of the occult. It is simply an interest in the supernatural/preternatural/paranormal. Many major religions have occult aspects to them. Kabbalah for Judaism, the Magi in the story of the birth of Christ, stories in the vedas in Hinduism, etc.

I think his motivations are likely as the rest of us.

I think even though the LAPD walked back the leak that foul play had been ruled out, I think it may have been accurate. LAPD leaks like a sieve.

I am thinking if there was graffiti near the water towers, maybe it is not all that secure.

Also, if a person were drinking or using drugs or had a heart attack and slipped under the water would the autopsy look the same as someone who had struggled in the water? I am thinking less water in the lungs maybe? If she did drown, wouldn't they know that from the autopsy.

Thank you for tolerating my amateur ramblings on my first post.

Hi smeinzer! Thanks for joining the community and offering to answer some questions. I am wondering if you can help us determine conclusively which floor Eliza was on in the video.

Do you know or remember if the 14th floor walls (outside the elevators) were the same as the 15th floor (a darkish brown) or if they were a blue-green color? Do you know what color the 10th floor walls were?

And just out of curiosity, when you went onto the roof in the dark to take pictures, did you notice the water tanks or utility room at all? Did you see the utility room and consider climbing on top of it to get a better view? Did you notice any graffiti? I guess I'm wondering how conscious an average individual would be to all of these items the first time they arrive on the rooftop, especially in the dark.

Thanks again smeinzer for your willingness to clarify things for all of us!

Very good question.

smeinzer, can you look at this CCTV footage of Elisa Lam and see if the hallway matches the same layout based on your recollection from your time spent at the Cecil Hotel and when you were on the 15th floor?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TjVBpyTeZM"]Elisa Lam Video - YouTube[/ame]

Due to the poor quality of the footage, the saturation levels on the colors can be poor due to lighting.

For example, if you notice Elisa's red sweater when she is on the hallway, the color is faint.

But when she is inside the elevator, her red sweater is very vivid and bright, easy to tell it is red in color.

Here is a picture of the 15th floor

HjEFuNP.jpg

I dont necessarily agree that she is on that floor. I mean it seems very reasonable but; She is not for sure looking in a mirror to me, she could be staring at a reflection off glass considering other floors were shows to have pictures in that area.

Also consider this; every DOES match up almost exactly. but isnt it possible another floor could have the same layout? I mean thats what the video somewhat shows when the elevator decides to move. Door closes, elevator seemingly moves, door opens and the scene is the same with exception of the light.

Anyone know what the 14th floor looks like? I feel like its probably similar. Which would fuel Turks theory that she is on 15.

Starts at 15... goes to 14 (dim 14 light goes out supposedly) then to 10 7 etc

To me that picture is of the 15th floor. It is definitely a double digit number.

There is currently no indication that any of the floors are identical, nor any indication that any other floor has the same elements as found in that picture that we also see in the elevator video.

Edit: I zoomed. 15! Definitely! I had never even noticed there was a number above the mirror till you mentioned it.
H0tds09.jpg

So she was on the 15th floor with someone, possibly killed on the top maintenance building, body dropped on top of the water tank (causing loud noise), hatch opened, body pushed inside along with clothes, clothes sunk, clothes went into the drain and caused a flood between floor 14th and 15th?

Also, there were WAY too many people on that roof when they found her body, the crime scene is probably messed up by now. At least they might have prints on the lid, if the person didn't cover his hands when opening it.

There is currently no indication that any of the floors are identical, nor any indication that any other floor has the same elements as found in that picture that we also see in the elevator video.

Edit: I zoomed. 15! Definitely! I had never even noticed there was a number above the mirror till you mentioned it.
H0tds09.jpg

So she was on the 15th floor with someone, possibly killed on the top maintenance building, body dropped on top of the water tank (causing loud noise), hatch opened, body pushed inside along with clothes, clothes sunk, clothes went into the drain and caused a flood between floor 14th and 15th?

Also, there were WAY too many people on that roof when they found her body, the crime scene is probably messed up by now. At least they might have prints on the lid, if the person didn't cover his hands when opening it.

Fingerprints most likely washed away from the rain. It was raining when they discovered Elisa Lam's body in the water tank on the rooftops. Notice investigators holding umbrellas and the tents set up on the rooftops. It must of been raining weeks before as well.

The alleged killer is probably meticulous as well for even bothering to put a lot of effort to put her body inside that 10ft tall water tank. Probably used gloves even.

images

larger image here - http://bc.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1....e.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_960/image.jpg

130221090730-04-cecil-hotel-0221-horizontal-gallery.jpg

I see.

I think they would have gone on the top of the utility building, since it's the highest point ("coolest"). And then either they went down on the tank, or she was killed there on the roof of the utility building (no way to run easily without jumping down).

I was thinking of another possible theory. She went up to the 15th floor and went on the roof and maybe she saw/heard a security guard and thought she might be in trouble for going in to the roof (caught on camera in the elevator). That is why she appears to be hiding etc. But when he finally confronts her she gets defensive, he tells her they have to go up there to show him how she got there or what she was doing or something. She doesn't want to but goes hesitantly. I don't know what happened from there , but If it was foul play (which IMO I think it was) I think she may have been forced up on the utility roof and was lowered to the tank after she was killed. Maybe put in there after she was unconscious from drugs, so she drowned because she was unconscious. All this is JMO. this case is so perplexing, I've been reading every post - just thought of this scenario.

Very good question.

smeinzer, can you look at this CCTV footage of Elisa Lam and see if the hallway matches the same layout based on your recollection from your time spent at the Cecil Hotel and when you were on the 15th floor?

Elisa Lam Video - YouTube

Due to the poor quality of the footage, the saturation levels on the colors can be poor due to lighting.

For example, if you notice Elisa's red sweater when she is on the hallway, the color is faint.

But when she is inside the elevator, her red sweater is very vivid and bright, easy to tell it is red in color.

Here is a picture of the 15th floor

HjEFuNP.jpg

Yes. I do think this matches. I am not 100% sure and can't totally confirm this but I do think it looks like the 15th floor. Most of the floors were painted different and it's a little confusing trying to think back especially because we didn't spend a whole lot of time on other floors. I wish we had stopped at the 14th floor at some point so that I could have that to compare to but unfortunately we did not. I can say for SURE that it is not floors 1, 2, 3 or 4 since we used the stairs to go down a lot and saw those floors several times during our stay.

I got trapped on my roof once because the door was locked from the outside. Maybe she locked herself up there and tried to find a way back inside the hotel and made a very bad mistake.

I'm having a really tough time believing any scenario where she put herself in a water tank.

Yes. I do think this matches. I am not 100% sure and can't totally confirm this but I do think it looks like the 15th floor. Most of the floors were painted different and it's a little confusing trying to think back especially because we didn't spend a whole lot of time on other floors. I wish we had stopped at the 14th floor at some point so that I could have that to compare to but unfortunately we did not. I can say for SURE that it is not floors 1, 2, 3 or 4 since we used the stairs to go down a lot and saw those floors several times during our stay.

Thanks smeinzer.

By the way, here is a look of the 14th floor at the Cecil Hotel if you were wondering. Just watch this video here. I hope this will help refresh your memory of the place in case there was something you may have forgotten.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zkukLsXdE0"]Tour of the Cecil hotel: The BEST hotel in downtown Los Angeles. - YouTube[/ame]

Greetings to all of you who have been looking over this case. I have decided to sign up over here to join in the discussion and hopefully offer some new information, mostly because of this case and the work you all have done on it.

I posted a thread and info on another forum, and have traded some info back and forth with some users here. I made sure to give credit for links and appreciated those who credited my work as well. I love the fact that you all seem very objective and don't pay much attention to the "far out" hypotheses (they aren't even theories) and stick to the facts.

I love puzzles, problem solving, cryptology and possess a skill set I probably shouldn't mention, although I do not do anything illegal while "sleuthing".. I am very good at finding information. I am looking forward to learning more about the case and will be posting information as I uncover it.

I hope that soon justice can be served for Elisa and I admire the mod/admin decision to close the thread during her services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong