CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a Feb 6, 2013 newsvideo where it is said that police have
"some sort of evidence that it is possible that Miss Lam is either hurt or in danger"
It also says that police "will be looking closely at security video from the hotel"

Now I wonder if police had other evidence than the elevator video, due to that they apparently are saying that they will be looking closely at security video, which seem to indicate that they havent done that yet, but I of course could be wrong about that.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2013/02/06/bc-missing-la-elisa-lam.html

Publised: Feb 6, 2013
In the video it is said that:

Quotes:
"Police says they have some sort of evidence that it is possible that Miss Lam is either hurt or in danger "

"Police said they've collected some of Lam's belongings and investigators will be looking closely at security video from the hotel"

And here is a Feb 14, 2013 newsvideo where it is said that the elevator video
is from February 1st!

Wheter that is correct or not, I don´t know:

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Canada/BC/ID/2335262259/?page=3&sort=MostPopular

Published Feb 14, 2013

Quote from the video:

"we see Elisa Lam inside an elevator in her hotel February 1st, that is 3 days before she was reported missing"

Maybe there are two killers, considering the difficulty of climbing up the later with a body, or how likely is it for one person to do so?

When considering foul play, i would certainly consider either a very strong individual, or maybe not so strong/large, but someone with an accomplice, given the difficulty perceived in getting a body onto the roof, etc

I don't know how to make the speeded up video and post it here though.
But I followed the instructions in the video posted by CuriousB on page 25 and it made the video faster. For anyone who cannot or do not want to watch the entire video, the following steps were what I did (I had to turn on my laptop to do this as it just doesn't work on my tablet) :
1) Load up the Youtube.com page
2) Log into my Youtube account (I'm not sure if this is always necessary though)
3) Scroll down the page all the way to the very bottom where there will be a line of words that say "Try something new!". Click on those particular words.
4) Click on the red <HTML 5> rectangular button.
5) At the lower part of the page, click the line of words that say "Join the HTML5 Trial".
6) Now do a search for "Elisa Lam" on Youtube. The first result should be the complete one released by LAPD, posted by Dennis Romero. Click on that.
7) When the video starts to play, click on the grey cog icon/the "Settings" icon at the bottom right of the video screen. The video Quality and Speed settings should appear once you do this.
8) Under the heading "Speed", click on "1.5x".

Now play your video... it should play at the faster speed now.

Thank you for taking the time to type these instructions! :)

I still find her actions unsettling but it does help to speed up the vid.

I don't know. Just the fact that the video was speeded up, everything seems... kinda normal to me. More importantly, it seems even clearer to me in the speeded up video that she was talking to other people who were present. That those people were real.

I definitely agree with them being real. After watching it at 1.5x and even 2.0x speed, it solidifies my belief that she was talking to people.

However, in general, it's still odd to me. She still goes back into the elevator disheveled and still presses all kinds of buttons. Maybe she encountered someone the first time, and it creeped her out, and she wanted to get out of there. She presses all those buttons thinking that it will just close. When it doesn't, she goes out and is startled by someone (either the same person or someone else). She talks to them, playing it cool, and thinks she's fended them off. She figures the elevator isn't working right so she turns around and leaves.

I remember someone posted way back when that the safest place for her was that elevator. I agree. I think someone didn't want to be caught on camera. Poor girl.

I personally think she was hidden somewhere else in the hotel for a few days... I don't think LE had probable cause to search every one and every room at the hotel when her family first reported her disappearance.

I think it was even reported somewhere that they did not search every room, though they admitted to searching the roof.

She could have been placed in the tank alive on the 31st, and taken at least an entire week to actually die. If the hatch were closed, nobody would smell anything rotting. If it were open, and she died on day 6, it would be too soon for smeinzer to smell anything.

I wish we knew if the hatch were open or closed. It seems LE's immediate claim that it could have been an accidental, not necessarily foul play, would indicate the hatch was open. A closed hatch would definitely indicate foul play.

It looks like she was reported missing 3 days later and the police conference was on February 6th. The police probably searched the roof on Feb 3, 4, or 5th which is what leads to my belief the hatch was not open at that time. I hate to think the police searched the roof (with dogs!) and missed an open hatch with a dead (or alive) body inside!

I like both theories, though both lead to foul play. My original statement was just to clarify reasons I thought accident/suicide were unlikely at this point (the police would have had to have missed the open hatch and smeinzer would have encountered a suspicious odor on the 7th if she had died on the 31st and the hatch were still open).

So I too am leaning towards foul play! Still lots of possible scenarios to sort out even if foul play is determined.

edit: smeinzer, I apologize for misspelling your name... twice!

E292B317-9F30-4258-8B45-D4C630D38400-669-0000006DC5F28817_zps6df142b6.jpg

BC12DE1F-319A-471C-AFAD-D5BBE6EB9A08-669-0000006DDBF0C310_zps1357688e.jpg

I am the one who made the picture with the red text explaining the photograph. To see it posted here and hosted on a different image server makes me very happy. Not for myself, but just knowing this stuff is making the rounds. Hoping it helps in some small way!

EDIT to add: I was not on websleuths yet when I made that picture and only posted it on one other forum.. may I ask if that is where you got it from?

Even with the video on a faster speed that sure seems like an awfully long "hold" time on that elevator. I realize it is an old bldg with an old elevator but still... it's a hotel not a hospital or other type of building where longer wait times are needed. I continue to wonder if someone else is pressing the "call" button outside the view of the security camera.

Update.
GUYS LOOK.
READ THE WORDS, TRANSLATE THE POEM words YourSelF!!! ( anyone please help me translate more cos english is not my first language, and some words are Middle English )
Of Aleister Crowley.
he wrote this poem "Jephtha" in 1890 in CECIL HOTEL LONDON!??
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotel_Cecil_(London)
I mentioned this before in a few posts back.

Jepthah was a Judge of Israel who burned his daughter, Seila, AS A SACRIFICE
SEILA IS ANAGRAM FOR ELISA,!,!,!,
Source
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jephthah"]Jephthah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

10. 1898 was also the year Crowley self-published his first major poem &#8216;Aceldama &#8211; a place to bury strangers in&#8217;. The &#8216;philosophical&#8217; poem consists of 32 stanzas and appeared during the last term at Trinity [only 88 copies were printed]. The poem was quickly followed by other publications in 1898: &#8216;The Tale of Archais&#8217;, &#8216;Songs of the Spirit&#8217;, &#8216;The Poem&#8217;, &#8216;Mysteries: Lyrical and Dramatic&#8217;, and &#8216;Jephthah and Other Mysteries&#8217;; these last two were shown to the poet W. B. Yeats in the spring of 1899. http://ghostblooms-van-asten.blogspot.nl/2011/11/how-sweet-passion.html

LAM AND CROWLEY!!!!!!!

"According to Thelemic legend, in 1918 Aleister Crowley came into contact with a interdimensional entity named Lam. Who by the way is a dead ringer for the popular conception of the 'alien grey ' depicted on the cover of Whitley Strieber's Communion. From this purported encounter, some have inferred that the industrious Mr. Crowley intentionally opened a portal of entry--through the practice of a magick ritual. The Amalantrah Working--which allowed the likes of Lam and other 'alien grays a passageway onto the Earth plane. Furthermore, this portal may have been further enlarged by Parsons and Hubbard in 1946 with the commencement of the Babylon Working, thus facilitating a monumental paradigm shift in human consciousness. Sex and rockets"

READ and TRANSLATE his poem!!!!
Its SCARY. And affirms my Feelings!

JEPHTHAH.

TO

GERALD KELLY,

POET AND PAINTER,

I DEDICATE THIS TRAGEDY.

CAMBRIDGE,

"November, 1889"

JEPHTHAH.

"Let my lamp, at midnight hour,

Be seen in some high lonely Tower, -------------> HIGH UP ON CECIL!!!!!.??

Where I may oft outwatch the Bear, -------> TO MAINTAINE A VIGIL BEYOND THE END

With thrice-great Hermes, or unsphear -----> HERMES GREEK GOD OF ECENOMICS AND TRADE !!! ----?? Need to get tourism up theory, occult sacrifice??.! Who benefits , management?? Owner????

The spirit of Plato, to unfold. ----- see note 1*

What Worlds, or what vast Regions hold

The immortal mind that hath forsook. / forsaken

Her mansion in the fleshy nook; <--------- NAKED IN A SECLUDED SPACE!!!!!

And of those Daemons that are found

In fire, air, flood, or under ground,

Whose power hath a true consent. --------AFTER THOUGHTFULL CONSIDERATION

With Planet, or with Element.

Some time let Gorgeous Tragedy ---------??????

In Sceptr&#8217;d Pall come sweeping by." ----------??????

"Il Penseroso."

Notes:
1*\ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plato's_tripartite_theory_of_soul

-------------1-------------------------------

SERIOUSLY WHAT.???

With all links i have made so far,,,,, ALL THE SYMBOLISM PEOPLE ARE IGNORING , astrologicly the murder fits perfect! We are entering the Age of Aquarius. Missing and found sealed in under the sign of Aquarius (the water carrier/bearer) the cistern. the simularity with the decease in the area and Lam Elisa TB, i wonder if she is also meaent to be the 4th seal , horseman who brings plague from the last book in the bible.
Anyways,...
Somebody rigged this whole thing with on purpose.

I feel like im in a book of Dan Brown

I think She
Was

SACRIFICED, for THE "GOOD" OF SOMETHING
,! And MEANT TO BE FOUND!,,

In this video, at 1:15 minutes, it is said by Katie Orphan from the bookstore EL visited in the days before her disappearence, that Elisa Lam did NOT seem odd in any way.
So the reports that she was acting manic in that bookstore seem to have been untrue:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sOXocjnqXw"]Elisa Lam Autopsy deferred: Body Found in Hotel Water Tank, Coroner Says More Tests Needed - YouTube[/ame]

Update.
GUYS LOOK.
READ THE WORDS, TRANSLATE THE POEM words YourSelF!!!
Of Aleister Crowley.
he wrote this poem "Jephtha" in 1889 in CECIL HOTEL LONDON!??
I mentioned this before in a few posts back.

Jepthah was a Judge of Israel who burned his daughter, Seila, AS A SACRIFICE
Source ...
<rsbm>

I'm not real struck on it being related Marlon, could be a coinkydink and it is open to interpretation. However, if you want to sleuth on it, here's a little tidbit for you to pursue:

The FB page with Elisa's name (the one with just her pic and only 1 friend). If you click on the friend RS, have a look at what his backdrop is at the top of his FB page.

Creepy

Another weird coincidence for Marlon:

While googling, I fond someone on the internet who:
-currently lives in Los Angeles
-has spent time in Vancouver
-went to school at the University of California, Santa Cruz
-had a pet pig called "Quan Yin"

I'm not posting the name of this person because he/she has nothing to do with this case, but you can find him/her easily if you want to.

<rsbm>

I'm not real struck on it being related Marlon, could be a coinkydink and it is open to interpretation. However, if you want to sleuth on it, here's a little tidbit for you to pursue:

The FB page with Elisa's name (the one with just her pic and only 1 friend). If you click on the friend RS, have a look at what his backdrop is at the top of his FB page.

Creepy

Yeah i seen that before!! Its from 1st of januarie this year tho. And he says the girl in the back is a korean friend showing up late. But hmmmmmmm

Freaky for sure!,..
I just befriended him

LETS SEE wats the Crack!

I came across a non-verbal communication analysis of the elevator video by a body language expert:

http://www.bodylanguagesuccess.com/2013/02/nonverbal-communication-analysis-2313.html

His conclusion is that Elisa was not displaying fear in her actions in that video.

I find it strange how this analyzer would not realize other possible factors such as a physical person approaching her from the hallway (somebody that isn't picked up from the CCTV camera in the hallway) and then Elisa explaining her dilemma with the elevator not working to that person while gesturing towards the elevator, and right back out the hallway. I can't see how sexual affection or playing a game of hide & seek for example comes into this.

quoted from that anaylsis:

Conclusion:

Ms. Elisa Lam is playing a game of hide and seek (or something similar) in this video. And although at times she displays some anxiety, there is no indication of fear. There is definitely an element of play present here. It is of course also possible that narcotics are influencing her behavior. Of particular importance is she is putting herself on sexual display. While what is seen here may have no connection with her demise - if the events in this video occurred just before her disappearance, it strongly suggests that the person to whom she is attracted may have knowledge of, contributed to, or be responsible for her death.

To me, there is no indication that she was playing a game of 'hide & seek' or displaying sexual display.

She wanted to go use the elevator as normal, found out the elevator wasn't working (due to her mistake of unknowingly pressing the DOOR HOLD button), being cautious to see who she thought was outside the hallway and in her mind -- keeping the elevator door open (still not realizing it was her who kept the door open). Later, becoming frustated and confused after waiting for so long to see if it would eventually work again, then going back in the elevator for 2nd attempt to press all the middle row buttons on the elevator panel.

we6I2JX.jpg

And then later, a person (going to assume a security guard monitoring the CCTV camera in the hallway and then going on Elisa's floor to check up on her) approaches Elisa out in the hallway and then she explains her problem with the elevator not working.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TjVBpyTeZM"]Elisa Lam Video - YouTube[/ame]

Again, using this piece of info - it suggest Elisa as being outgoing, friendly and quite playful. To me, her actions does not suggest somebody drugged up. This would be contradicted by how lax and normal she was when she first entered the elevator just as the analyzer just mentioned.

http://metronews.ca/news/vancouver/...red-for-cheerful-and-charismatic-personality/

She said investigators are still trying to determine if her death was the result of foul play or an accident and have notified Lam&#8217;s family.

Yvonne Chung went to the same high school as Lam, who was a year older, and described her as &#8220;incredibly outgoing&#8221; and somebody who was friends with everybody.

&#8220;And really, she had the sweetest smile,&#8221; she told Metro Wednesday.

Teika Steins, manager of Planet Traveler, said Lam stayed at the Toronto hostel for about a week in early December and she never noticed any odd behaviour from the University of B.C. student.

&#8220;Her personality was very contagious,&#8221; she said. &#8220;She had a very charismatic personality and we were drawn towards it. She&#8217;d run down the stairs, bouncing up and down.&#8221;

&#8220;We have a lot of people come and go, but when you have people like Elisa who are cheerful all the time and very welcoming to people, you just remember them,&#8221; Steins said, adding Lam joined her and other hostel staff for dinner at one time.

The Los Angeles coroner&#8217;s office said an autopsy is expected Thursday.

The Cecil Hotel is located near that city&#8217;s Skid Row, which is notorious for drug users and homeless people.

It had also once been the occasional home to infamous serial killers such as Richard Ramirez, known as the Night Stalker, and Austrian prison author Jack Unterweger, who was convicted of murdering nine prostitutes in Europe and the U.S., the Los Angeles Times reported.

Playing the video at 1.5x makes her actions seem a little too fast, IMO. I think that the correct ratio is something like 1.3 or 1.33x faster. Another post mentioned every 3 seconds of real time taking 4 seconds on the video. So running it at 1.33x should bring it to actual speed.

If anyone has the software or ability to repost it at 1.33x speed that would be very interesting.

I can do it if someone can direct me to the best quality video that is currently out there.

edit - nevermind - I found it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member