jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #65 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she's a FLYING monkey; and you know where flying monkeys come from ...

http://www.ournewcastle.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/flyingmonkeys.jpg

flyingmonkeys.jpg

:giggle:

Is it just me or has JA seemed to age about 5 years just in the course of this trial? I am in the camp of people who thought she was quite attractive (sorry) but now to me she is at best plain and at worst , well, herself.

The only day I saw a glimmer of her old "bombshell" self come out was the first day of cross examination and it appeared, to me she had more makeup on, her eyebrows were different, her hair was different and a little sexier and I think it was all for Juan Martinez' benefit in some kind of Jodi-style seduction attempt.

i noticed she lost her cheeks, she used to have a rounder fuller face with dimpled cheeks, when i turned 50 i suffered the loss of face fat in a similar way but she's only 32, do you think it's because of the weight loss?

YES this is where her pathology tripped herself up. She thinks she's saying "I had other injuries that weren't visible from the body slam etc" but she's REALLY saying "I cut my finger with that knife while I was stabbing and slashing Travis"

Didn't she also say she might have bruised her skull? Is that even possible?

EDIT: just looked

"While it is possible to bruise the bone of the skull, the bone that makes up the skull is really quite dense, so it doesn't bruise easily. In fact in order to have enough force to bruise it, you're looking at internal brain damage as well as potentially breaking the bone. If it's really swollen, chances are you've just caused a great deal of soft-tissue damage and bruising of that, not the bone.

However, if 4 hours later you still have a headache, you should probably go get checked out just to make sure there isn't any brain damage or bleeding within the brain. It can sometimes take 8-12 hours for bleeding within the brain to reach a point that you would notice, especially if it's a small bleed. And by then, if you've just gone to bed thinking you're fine, you might not wake up."

I kind of wish she did now...

I have 2 questions.

First, does anyone recall where in her testimony JA stated that her visible injury from the murder included her left ring finger? Did she actually say that? I need to see that video. If it's true, can someone point me to at least the day when she said it?

Also, remember this explosive exchange between TA and JA where he called her a "wonder" of sorts and a *advertiser censored*, and his friend said it was harsh? Have we seen that exchange between them, because I do not recall seeing this entire email/text exchange. And what date did this occur?

TIA!

Transcriptions are in the media/timeline thread.

In case y'all wanna read it (Thanks to Ingra1327 who transcribed this), below or skim to next post! HTH

M: That's immediately, the shot takes him down and then creates a fog for you, is that what you're saying?
A: It begins creating a fog.
M: But you weren't struck by the shot, were you?
A: no
M: In fact, you don't have really injuries as a result of killing him do you, other than the one to your left ring finger, do you?
A: That's the only visible injury
M: Pardon
A: That's the only visible injury
M: I'm talking about visible injuries, right that's the only visible injury you have to your left ring finger, even though according to you he slammed you down, right when he got out of the shower and then he slammed you down again when he was coming at you and you had to pull the gun, according to you, right?
A: yes
M: And he's also grabbing at you while you're on the ground and he's not being gentle about it right?
A: That's correct
M: no bruising no anything, other than just the thing the injury to the left ring-finger, right?
A: I don't know if my skull was bruised
A: I don't know if my skull was bruised
M: Aside from that , but uh, did you get medical care for that?
A: no
M: Did you seek medical care for your finger?
A: No I did not,not professional
M: well you do have an injury to that left ring-finger don't you?
M: And so when you arrive out in West Jordan Utah and you see Mr. Burns, you do have an injury to your left finger, correct?
A: We're talking about two different injuries. No
M: Well ma'am you just told me when we were talking about this killing that you injured your left ring-finger, do you remember just telling me now, just no, no more than two minutes ago.
A: Yes I was referring to this injury (holds up left hand)
M: Ma'am were we really talking about this particular injury at that time?
A: I didn't know
M: Oh , you don't know we were talking about the killing at that time?
A: you talked about injury to my left finger.
M: Ma'am what have we been talking about this whole afternoon?
N: Objection, argumentative
J: Overruled
A: June 4th
A: June 4th
M: Right, we haven't mentioned any other day , right?
A: Not to my recollection.
M: You've been here throughout these proceedings and you've been asking, or you've been answering questions, right?
A: Yes
M: And as we were talking about it just now, I asked you isn't it true that the only injury as a result of this incident was this injury to the left ring-finger and you said yes, do you remember saying that?
A: I might have, but that's not what I meant
M: well ma'am you did say it didn't you
A: I don't know
M: And in fact, I followed it up by saying and you didn't seek medical care, do you remember me asking that?
A: I thought you meant about my skull
M: No, do you remember me asking you that
M: And do you remember you said well, not professional medical care, do you remember that?
A: I'm referring to the splint Travis made for me.
M: I know that that's what you're telling me now, but the line of questioning before involved the shooting, that's what we were talking about, right?
A: Yes, but then you went to my left finger
M: Mr. Alexander was dead after that, wasn't he?
A: Not immediately after that,
M: No, he grabbed the knife that you stabbed him with, didn't he, so he wasn't dead immediately after that, right?
N: Objection, calls for speculation she said she doesn't remember
J: Restate the question
M: And we're talking about Mr. Alexander an individual you just shot, right? So it's not like we're talking about him providing any medical care for you, are we?
A: that's right
M: You're the person that's come in here at least we know that you've indicated that you did kill Mr. Alexander , correct?
M: the only incident where this could have happened was on June 4th, 2008, right?
M: So this issue of him providing a splint or splinting your finger really doesn't have anything to do with June 4th of 2008, does it?
A: No
M: And you did say that the only injury you received was to your left ring-finger on June 4, 2008, remember that?
A: I didn't say that
M: well, yes you did and in fact you used the word physical injuries do you remember that/
N: Objection, argumentative, she said she didn't say that
J: Sustained
M: And you also indicated well I may have had some injuries to my head, do you remember that?
M: Those were the only injuries that you sustained on June 4, 2008, remember I asked you about that and you said yes
A: that's not how I understood your question
M: so then he's down ma'am and he's to your right What happens now?
A: I break away from him and he screams out “****ing kill you *****”

I also find it interesting she has little memory of the event, but she remembers everything TA said to her. Very self serving.

Kelly

I found it interesting also that she acknowledged that the photo of Travis on the floor was taken with the camera facing the bathroom. Maybe there is a better view in the courtroom, but I don't see how she could know that, except from her memory, based on the photo.

She remembers everything about stabbing him.

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, so apologies in advance if this has been discussed already. But I believe Jodi had a more nefarious reason to buy the Neutrogena sunblock than hoping Travis would take her to Cancun or that she just found a really good deal at Walmart. She was a woman on a mission--to kill Travis Alexander.

Vinnie Politan wondered aloud, "Why so many gas cans?" Might she have also contemplated arson, to burn the house, the body, and as much evidence as possible?

The Neutrogena UltraMist sunblock Jodi purchased was in a highly flammable aerosol can, not a tube. It has since been discontinued.

Pink Panther found the description of it on Paula's Choice website:

The product was labeled Flammable.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20062515,00.html
http://thebeautybrains.com/2007/02/27/the-hidden-danger-of-sunscreen/
http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=10859

The facial cleanser may have had a similar purpose.

P.S. To me Travis looked scared the whole time he was posing in the shower. I wouldn't be surprised if she had the gun on him from the start.

hello Allyne Smithe... :welcome4:

great post!

Is there a list of upcoming witnesses available or is that something that is unknown/not made publicly available?

I'm particularly curious about TA's friend who was on JVM with the video of him shooting a gun which he had borrowed. I am aware that the tape will most likely be used and that JM would like him to testify and that perhaps DT doesn't want him to because he has been watching trial coverage I believe.

Has a decision been made regarding this? I think it would be wrong if they are allowed to show this video and his friend isn't allowed to explain it.

TIA

That friend is Dave Hall. If the DT doesnt have reservations about putting him on the stand, they are more incompetent than previously thought. Dave Hall has made it clear that he is one of Travis's closest friends and I believe he would defend Travis to his death! He's also made it clear as to how he and all of TA's friends feel about Jodi. He would know better than Jodi if Travis ever owned a gun and being an avid gun owner, I'm willing to bet Dave Hall would make sure Travis had a larger gun than a 25 cal. Juan said that day that the PT would like to call him as a witness for the prosecution.
To me.. (and this is MOO) it sorta seemed like Nurmi asking that Sky and Chris Hughes and Dave Hall not being able to watch the trial was more Jodi's doing. Her way to "show his friends" that she can still make their lives miserable... more of her showing her control. It wouldnt surprise me if Dave Hall calls her a LIAR from the stand and I would be cheering him on!
Sorry.. I hope this post doesnt offend anyone.

i noticed she lost her cheeks, she used to have a rounder fuller face with dimpled cheeks, when i turned 50 i suffered the loss of face fat in a similar way but she's only 32, do you think it's because of the weight loss?

Yes I do. I've also seen sociopaths, as chameleons generally, go from attractive to looking like total prison THUGS quickly once they get in prison. My sister's killers case in point. Her husband as much as it disgusts me to say this, looked like a model when she met him: 6'7", highlighted blond hair, great physique, angled facial features and strikingly attractive. Now he looks like this (sorry and don't look at this evil for too long):

080735.jpg

I found it interesting also that she acknowledged that the photo of Travis on the floor was taken with the camera facing the bathroom. Maybe there is a better view in the courtroom, but I don't see how she could know that, except from her memory, based on the photo.

She remembers everything about stabbing him.

I agree. Is there anywhere that shows the actual distance from the shower to the door to the hallway?

Kelly

Didn't she also say she might have bruised her skull? Is that even possible?

EDIT: just looked

"While it is possible to bruise the bone of the skull, the bone that makes up the skull is really quite dense, so it doesn't bruise easily. In fact in order to have enough force to bruise it, you're looking at internal brain damage as well as potentially breaking the bone. If it's really swollen, chances are you've just caused a great deal of soft-tissue damage and bruising of that, not the bone.

However, if 4 hours later you still have a headache, you should probably go get checked out just to make sure there isn't any brain damage or bleeding within the brain. It can sometimes take 8-12 hours for bleeding within the brain to reach a point that you would notice, especially if it's a small bleed. And by then, if you've just gone to bed thinking you're fine, you might not wake up."

I kind of wish she did now...

She bruises my skull just listening to her. :furious:

Is it just me or has JA seemed to age about 5 years just in the course of this trial? I am in the camp of people who thought she was quite attractive (sorry) but now to me she is at best plain and at worst , well, herself.

The only day I saw a glimmer of her old "bombshell" self come out was the first day of cross examination and it appeared, to me she had more makeup on, her eyebrows were different, her hair was different and a little sexier and I think it was all for Juan Martinez' benefit in some kind of Jodi-style seduction attempt.

I agree. I thought the blonde JA was very pretty. She just looks plain in court now. Those glasses and her hair does don't work well for her. I'm not 100% sure what exactly it is but she is not looking well

Just the fact that you are interested enough to attempt to talk about it is what's going to keep them safe from people like JA. I can't help but believe that if his sisters (or a loving mother) had lived anywhere nearby, TA would have dumped JA before she could even "blink hard". They would have seen through her immediately & taken steps to protect their brother.

this is what I think too...and the fact that Travis did have a chaotic childhood might have been the reason he was sort of attracted to "crazy".

Good morning everyone. What did everyone think of the Dateline and Anderson Cooper coverages last night? I didn't see Dateline. My hubby was watching something else. I did see Cooper and had to turn it off after twenty minutes. They were making it seem as if JA was a victim. I couldn't stomaching anymore. (I did enjoy seeing Beth and Shanna, who is writing the book). Any opinions?

I can't be the first person to say this, but during Dateline I kept thinking how Oscar Pistorius would be a great love match for Jodi. :what:

Right..she's all over the map with the finger but her BLOOD on her HAND was at the scene..on the wall, during the murder. If that's not cirumstantial I don't know what is. The jury just has to dismiss the direct evidence portion of this which is eye witness: from the lying defendant herself.

I wonder if the jury will take a vote across the board and just decide to dismiss EVERYTHING she's said on her days of testimony.

BBM

:rocker:

More Beth news...this just in:

Do folks understand that I'm still on TV through the Arias trial? I won't be off air until it ends, whenever that may be...

Thanks for all you're doing!

Beth

Thanks for keeping us in the loop about Beth, Katie. As I said yesterday, I feel as if I'm losing a friend without my In Session live trials.

Does Beth mean she will still be live on In Session or is she only on HLN?

She'll just love a necklace--I think something in turquoise really brings her pretty blue eyes out. :) The cards are just wonderful. Thanks for doing all of that. It means a lot to me.

I wrote Beth an email yesterday along with sending one to Turner Broadcasting and I definitely will be sending one to In Session when that new link begins working.

Thanks again, Kat, you are a true gem.

Would Jodi's blood on the wall be circumstantial? Am not a legal type, but that seems it would be direct evidence, sort of like the body.

Good point Isabelle - we are all learning lingo so well with this case!

If JM can not do recross of JA, can he ever call her back to the stand?

Thanks for keeping us in the loop about Beth, Katie. As I said yesterday, I feel as if I'm losing a friend without my In Session live trials.

Does Beth mean she will still be live on In Session or is she only on HLN?

She'll just love a necklace--I think something in turquoise really brings her pretty blue eyes out. :) The cards are just wonderful. Thanks for doing all of that. It means a lot to me.

I wrote Beth an email yesterday along with sending one to Turner Broadcasting and I definitely will be sending one to In Session when that new link begins working.

Thanks again, Kat, you are a true gem.

Just wrote for clarification on that. Gotta get on the road now...so stay tuned. Yes I think the turquoise is a great option on a lot of levels and I know just where to look for one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member