Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did a search and the thread for Baez officially resigning as Casey's lawyer was created on 2-21-2012. I don't know how to link it from my nook here at work. So Jose was still her lawyer... legally in Sept. 2011.

The trial was over July 2011.

Baez quit representing Casey Anthony January 2012.

Casey Anthony wrote in her bankruptcy papers, filed January 2013, that she "may have" given rights to photographs of herself to Baez - on Sept 9, 2011.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...s-quit-casey-anthony-according-to-report.html

Jose Baez has quit Casey Anthony, according to report
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Jose Baez, TMZ.com — posted by halboedeker on January, 11 2012

Baez was not returning calls to the Orlando Sentinel today. TMZ.com cites no sources in its short report, but says that Baez “has decided to REMOVE HIMSELF from Anthony’s legal team.”

01/11/2012 Notice of Termination of Representation (Dorothy Clay Sims)

Twitter:
Richard Hornsby ‏@RichardHornsby
So #CaseyAnthony claims Baez may have acquired media rights to pics during case? Fla. Bar Rule 4-1.8 prohibits this:
http://www.floridabar.org/divexe/rrt...2571710054B87B
RULE 4-1.8 CONFLICT OF INTEREST; PROHIBITED AND OTHER TRANSACTIONS
March 3, 2013

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/n...PTY_FILING.pdf
page 39
"10. Other transfers"
NAME AND ADDRESS OF TRANSFEREE...The Baez Law Firm
9/9/2011
"Debtor may have reliquished (sp) rights to photographs of Debtor. Value unknown"

Oh this is getting good!!!!! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

This is going to get good. I think they may have finally went too far in their shady dealings. Way too far. Does anyone know if we'll get a transcript from the questions and answers tomorrow or are those private. I've been out of the loop with this and don't know how it works.

IIRC The court is open to the public but it's not televised. Someone will be taking it all down, that's for sure.... Jeff Weiner, OS reporter will be there.
Will Matt Morgan be there for Zenaida?

The trial was over July 2011.

Baez quit representing Casey Anthony January 2012.

Casey Anthony wrote in her bankruptcy papers, filed January 2013, that she "may have" given rights to photographs of herself to Baez - on Sept 9, 2011.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...s-quit-casey-anthony-according-to-report.html

Jose Baez has quit Casey Anthony, according to report
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Jose Baez, TMZ.com — posted by halboedeker on January, 11 2012

Baez was not returning calls to the Orlando Sentinel today. TMZ.com cites no sources in its short report, but says that Baez “has decided to REMOVE HIMSELF from Anthony’s legal team.”

01/11/2012 Notice of Termination of Representation (Dorothy Clay Sims)

Did Baez's Notice of Temination show up in January or February - do you remember ThinkTank? I only recall that it wasn't immediately after the news release.

Ah - much better thank you both ThinkTank and Intermezzo! And no Intermezzo - it wasn't your posts that were confusing me - it was me trying to get some kind of logical process for who, how, when that was doing it and the ethics lawyer thing popped out and i was self correcting or something that confused me.:great:

So now I guess we need to know if on September 11, 2011 - he was still considered to be "on the case".
I remember Mason hollering that Baez's job was done when the verdict was read. However what that statement means legally seems to be still up in the air.

All vedddy veddy interesting!

BBM
Yes, very interesting...
I wonder if he was still considered to be her lawyer of record until he submitted his letter to the court to withdraw as her counsel of record

Heck, I believe her mail was still going to Baez's office until Mason sent a letter and a notice of filing to the court in Nov and Dec 2012 directing them to a change of address.

IIRC The court is open to the public but it's not televised. Someone will be taking it all down, that's for sure.... Jeff Weiner, OS reporter will be there.

Oh I'm sure he will and RH has already been tweeting him - I'll bet he is :skip: :skip: :skip: with glee. RH was tweeting him to call him...Whoops - no he was tweeting Jeff Weiner to call him..

I just did a search and the thread for Baez officially resigning as Casey's lawyer was created on 2-21-2012. I don't know how to link it from my nook here at work. So Jose was still her lawyer... legally in Sept. 2011.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163651"]Baez no longer represents Casey--it's finally legal - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
THREAD - Baez no longer represents Casey--it's finally legal
2/21/2012

Steve Helling @stevehelling
It's official: #JoseBaez has filed a withdrawal of counsel. He no longer represents #CaseyAnthony.

bob kealing @bobkealing
#JoseBaez makes it official. No longer representing #CaseyAnthony. Motion filed today. Name crossed off the clerk's docket.

Did Baez's Notice of Temination show up in January or February - do you remember ThinkTank? I only recall that it wasn't immediately after the news release.

January 11, 2012 Notice of Termination of Representation by Dorothy Clay Sims

February 21, 2012 Notice of Withdrawal of Attorney of Record

March 2, 2012 Notice of Withdrawal Of Attorney of Record

Baez was listed as OCA's Attorney of Record on the court website until the notice was filed.

I can't wait!!!:great:

BBM
Yes, very interesting...
I wonder if he was still considered to be her lawyer of record until he submitted his letter to the court to withdraw as her counsel of record

Heck, I believe her mail was still going to Baez's office until Mason sent a letter and a notice of filing to the court in Nov and Dec 2012 directing them to a change of address.

11/14/2012 Correspondence from Atty Mason

11/09/2012 Notice of Filing Change of Address Letter

This is getting interesting... I just hope someone reports this to the Fla Bar, and the BK court.

There is no way whoever filed for Casey didn't already know this is there ... Let the games begin! Knew she'd do something to damage Baez post trial.

What time does the hearing start. I need to set my alarm so I can be on twitter and here posting with you all. :floorlaugh:

Twitter:
Richard Hornsby ‏@RichardHornsby
So #CaseyAnthony claims Baez may have acquired media rights to pics during case? Fla. Bar Rule 4-1.8 prohibits this:
http://www.floridabar.org/divexe/rrt...2571710054B87B
RULE 4-1.8 CONFLICT OF INTEREST; PROHIBITED AND OTHER TRANSACTIONS
March 3, 2013

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/n...PTY_FILING.pdf
page 39
"10. Other transfers"
9/9/2011
"Debtor may have reliquished (sp) rights to photographs of Debtor. Value unknown"

ThinkTank, I wanted to quote your second link ~ but it won't open for me. Is it my computer/network problem?

Thank you so much for your (as always) detailed and well researched contributions! :blowkiss:

ThinkTank, I wanted to quote your second link ~ but it won't open for me. Is it my computer/network problem?

Thank you so much for your (as always) detailed and well researched contributions! :blowkiss:

The 2nd link is to the BK filing...here's another link to the same document and you can go to where ThinkTank is directing us to Page 39 No.10. Other Transfers

OCA's Bankruptcy Filing Doc
http://www.baynews9.com/content/dam...y-Anthony-middle-district-bankruptcy-0126.pdf

http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2010-07/55220170.pdf

As excerpted earlier:

"I, Casey Marie Anthony am represented by Jose Baez in the above entitled action. The estimated amount of fees for the attorney named above in this case is
$ 89,454.83 dollars. The fees paid or to be paid to the attorney were or are being paid by: Casey Marie Anthony ...
No other compensation, things of value or funds have been paid or are anticipated to be paid in the future to the attorney in this case from any other person or source. The attorney represents me in other cases as follows:

Case No: 2008-CF-013331-A-0 Fee: $ 0.00

Under penalty of perjury, I declare that I have read the foregoing Indigent for Costs Affidavit of Attorney's Fees and that the facts in it are true.

3-3-10 signed by Casey Anthony"

But then on her bk affidavit she claims that on page 39
"10. Other transfers"
9/9/2011

Ladies and gentlemen, I am poised (and overly ready) to do the happy dance!

LG, let me know when it's time to bake the thwart cakes ~ I'm eager to help!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,6546480.story

Since her acquittal, many have speculated that Anthony's greatest asset may be her story. Reports of potential book or movie deals have come and gone frequently. If the trustee views her story as a potential asset, it, too, could potentially be sold. "I would imagine that, potentially, she could write a book about her trials and tribulations," said Robert M. Geller, a Tampa Bay bankruptcy attorney. "That could have value ... a trustee could potentially take her rights to that."

Is it possible she's added Baez, her parents and some other fraudulent creditors just in case the trustee does take her rights to future earnings? So the funds would go to the fraudulent creditors and revert back to her? Caseys BK lawyer would know whether or not she relinquished anything to Baez.

Can someone translate this into laymen's terms for me? TIA

Can someone translate this into laymen's terms for me? TIA

Attorney Richard Hornsby has brought to light two issues regarding FCA's bankruptcy filing.

1) Casey says in her 2010 Indigency paperwork that Baez would be owed $ 89,000 and NO MORE EVER. That Baez would never get anything else. But in her recent bankruptcy filing she says Baez is owed $ 500,000.

2) Casey says in her bankruptcy filing that she "may have" given Baez rights to photos of herself. Richard Hornsby says that would violate Florida Bar rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie