Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
March 08, 2013 2:21PM

MORE than 40 witnesses are expected to be called when accused wife killer Gerard-Baden Clay's committal hearing begins in Brisbane on Monday.

A magistrate will be asked to test the strength of the crown case and rule on whether there is sufficient evidence to send the matter to trial in the Supreme Court in Brisbane.

It is unlikely any such trial would be heard before next year.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ng-starts-monday/story-e6freono-1226593314467

March 08, 2013 2:21PM

MORE than 40 witnesses are expected to be called when accused wife killer Gerard-Baden Clay's committal hearing begins in Brisbane on Monday.

A magistrate will be asked to test the strength of the crown case and rule on whether there is sufficient evidence to send the matter to trial in the Supreme Court in Brisbane.

It is unlikely any such trial would be heard before next year.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ng-starts-monday/story-e6freono-1226593314467

Why did they put the lifeline details at the bottom of that article??? They normally only do that when it's an article about someone who has suicided?

And OMG next year for a trial? How will we cope with the wait?? GAH

Why did they put the lifeline details at the bottom of that article??? They normally only do that when it's an article about someone who has suicided?

And OMG next year for a trial? How will we cope with the wait?? GAH

It seems to be quite common these days anytime the word suicide is mentioned in a report, that info is posted along with it.

Yeah next year!?!?!...I thought I read some time back the trial could possibly be held later this year around October. Then again, some trials dates do get delayed/set to another date.....tooo many criminals!!

I have been here since day one. I have wanted justice for Allison as much as anyone of you but I'm going through weird feelings on this courtcase. Is anybody else feeling what I'm going through? I don't know how to explain it but I'm actually feeling scared and anxious about this. The excitement has ebbed and now I'm kinda feeling fear or dread. I guess I'm fearful of justice not being served and I actually am readying myself because IF/MAYBE he eventually walks free I know I will be a basketcase & will therapy (or something). It's crunch time...it's like I've been training for the last year and now the big race is on.
Anyone else feeling similar? Hopefull tomorrow I'l feel differently.
Please don't put me down with my feelings here as I'm wanting to share my thoughts?
Hang in there TGY...you are amongst friends. We share your nerves, doubts, anxieties and trepidation. Personally, I've had an ill feeling in my stomach all day. Can't shake it. But I think its just the culmination of so much stuff over such a long time. This is it! We'll all see this through together. Justice will prevail!

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/police-end-standoff-that-shut-down-cbd-mall-20130308-2fq7k.html

A gunman involved in a 90-minute showdown with police in the Queen Street Mall blew off his fingers and part of his bicep last week.

The man, 34, was found bloodied on a northern Brisbane suburb street corner on February 25 and reportedly screamed at paramedics "I've blown my own fingers off" after a worried neighbour called 000.

Must be just my warped sense of humour again, but if he blew part of his own biceps off last week, you could say he must have been unarmed today.... ;)

And if he blew his fingers off - how was he going to pull the trigger?

Sorry... Again ;)

OK - I'll cease the awful bad-taste jokes, and get back to concentrating on the GBC case. Must be this holiday relaxation mode working...

Doc Doc Doc! This tasteless banter does not become you!

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/police-end-standoff-that-shut-down-cbd-mall-20130308-2fq7k.html

Must be just my warped sense of humour again, but if he blew part of his own biceps off last week, you could say he must have been unarmed today.... ;)

Sorry... Again ;)

OK - I'll cease the awful bad-taste jokes, and get back to concentrating on the GBC case. Must be this holiday relaxation mode working...
:floorlaugh: This is DrWatson on holiday.

Just a belated welcome to all the new posters.
This site just keeps on evolving.
Its a credit to Allison how much support and empathy has arisen in the community regarding her plight and the devastating loss that was suffered by her loved ones.

I would like to say to justice4allison, I am so interested in hearing your impressions of GBC from a psych perspective.
This is one thing I find so compelling about this case, and did from the start- as you also said you did. The whole people/normal behaviour/weird behaviour/grief/hiding away during the search, etc etc thing. I find it hard to get my head around in this case- it is just so different from anything I've seen before. I think we could have a thread just for this topic only.
I do hope you get a good seat next week and can take in everything from his head to his toes (I'm sure they'll be squirming!!!) I wish I could be there to do the same.

You did mention your feelings and brief observations from the early days of this case, but I wonder if you could chat to us about other impressions you already have. (just as MOO) If you want to wait til next week, thats fine. I'll be looking forward to hearing what you say then too. I just find it so interesting.

And lastly, breno, wow!!! Maths venn diagrams!! Cant wait to hear more about this. Good on you. Thats a different angle again. Definitely worth a crack, and good on you for taking it on.

This forum is full of amazing people.

MOO

I'm interested to know if GBC will sit facing the wall again??Another self imposed time out? Hehehe.
That's got to be another strange thing to add to the list.

You been drinking doc or is it all that fresh Tasmanian air?

Hahah :) Pretty much a non-drinker here, so it must be all this fresh air. Makes a change from recycled hospital air-conditioning. The brain cells are resuscitating and doing silly things! :great:

OK - I think I've got the grey matter under control again now. Back to the matter in hand. 3 sleeps to go....

Sorry... Again ;)

Sorry guys for being off topic... Doc just did , so he can get into trouble along with me. He he.
Hey Doc, loving the jokes by the way.
But, since you have some time on your hands can you go take a look at this site here, just put it in the search bar.
Tracey Roberts-2001 case reopened-charges filed.
It was never sleuthed properly, and I think this Brisbane father is another GBC, only he has got away with it. It is good reading and this case is very close to home. The husband and children now live here in Brisbane, and I think he is guilty and the wife was setup. 60 mins ran a story recently and Every word he spoke I thought he was lying. His stories didn't ring true. The truth needs to be dug up ASAP. Can you take a look.
Again I apologise for going off topic, but some serious sleuthing needs to be done, especially for the children who now will not have their mother in their lives again.

Sorry... Again ;)

He certainly has a long history. The police would have had a lot of insight into how he ticks today. They managed the whole situation so well.

I'm interested to know if GBC will sit facing the wall again??Another self imposed time out? Hehehe.
That's got to be another strange thing to add to the list.

I just looked back at those sketches, and for the first time noticed how close he was to that wall. I thought he had just had his back to the sketch artist.

That was very odd!!!

Indeed, will he have that "option" this time, or will he be in a different type of dock, from where he will be forced to watch the proceedings? Are you there Alioop? :)

To dear They'll get you, You are not alone. Reckon all who can "know, sense, and feel" the truth of this event, yet not be able to prove it, share this horrible unease with you.
But, about now, I would like to tell you a little story about a Snowflakes chance in Hell. Once upon a time, there was a little snowflake, .............
Now the only hope for that little snowflake to survive, is for there to be some very crooked business going on somewhere. Or some-one getting paid off somewhere. But, (and this is the good bit, we are in Australia) that too is most unlikely.
And I seriously don't think any crookedness would be with the QPS. On the contrary. They need applauding IMO.
So that leaves the Court system in Australia, or someone/s within the Court system, or someone higher up.
I, a humble Australian citizen, hope earnestly and truly, that all loopholes will be locked, and that the Australian Judicial System will stand proud.
May Australia be seen as a Country of where Justice, Honour, Truth and Integrity prevails.
May Justice for Allison Baden Clay of Queensland Australia, prevail.

I am glad you are so positive, and I applaud you for that...but what about Tina Watson, and her husband Gabe Watson...the honeymoon killer, the QLD Government stuffed that one up BIG TIME!!! That woman never got justice in my opinion.

Hi Obby, I don't know anything about the courtrooms in the new magistrates court as I only ever been to the old one. There will be a special place for him to sit of course but I don't know the set up.

Magistrates Court virtual tour

The following illustration provides you with a virtual tour of the Magistrates Court.

You can:

•click on the headings along the top to watch videos about each topic
•hover your mouse over the people in the illustration to learn about what they do
•click on the people in the courtroom to see blogs from real people who work in the courts.

http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/justi...t/virtual-tour/magistrates-court-virtual-tour

Magistrates Court virtual tour

The following illustration provides you with a virtual tour of the Magistrates Court.

You can:

•click on the headings along the top to watch videos about each topic
•hover your mouse over the people in the illustration to learn about what they do
•click on the people in the courtroom to see blogs from real people who work in the courts.

http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/justi...t/virtual-tour/magistrates-court-virtual-tour
WOW! Marlywings. Thanks for a wonderful, educative resource. It's interesting that following a Committal hearing, the Magistrate can order the defendant to remain in custody on remand or order Bail, a promise to come back to court to face a further hearing in the Supreme court.

Sorry guys for being off topic... Doc just did , so he can get into trouble along with me. He he.
Hey Doc, loving the jokes by the way.
But, since you have some time on your hands can you go take a look at this site here, just put it in the search bar.
Tracey Roberts-2001 case reopened-charges filed.
It was never sleuthed properly, and I think this Brisbane father is another GBC, only he has got away with it. It is good reading and this case is very close to home. The husband and children now live here in Brisbane, and I think he is guilty and the wife was setup. 60 mins ran a story recently and Every word he spoke I thought he was lying. His stories didn't ring true. The truth needs to be dug up ASAP. Can you take a look.
Again I apologise for going off topic, but some serious sleuthing needs to be done, especially for the children who now will not have their mother in their lives again.

Hi Aunty - I found the page on WS that refers to that case, but I'd have to do a fair bit of research to catch up with the whole thing from the beginning, as I didn't see the 60 minutes story.

I'll see what I can get, but I'm on Telstra 3G mobile Internet here in Tassie, so limited bandwidth and allowance. But thanks for pointing me to it - I'll do some preliminary research on the case if I can. In between monitoring the two committals next week - GBC and the Jill Meagher accused, Bayley.

And I'll stop with the bad jokes already ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288