The Elevator Video: What's your take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, people do not all react in the same way with drugs. EL's tumblr account shows she was diagnosed with ADHD

http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/22304102762/more-its-still-odd-to-me-that-people-are-so

. Also, if anyone has taken Adderall and ecstasy, what, if anything,changed with the effects of the drug?

I've been doing some googling and found out that there are people out there who've tried both, but that, because both are amphetamine derivatives, one overpowers the other during their "trip".

Since she was taking dexedrine which is a mixture of, I believe 3 amphetamine derivatives, I wonder if toxicology would give false positive reports for ecstasy.

I've been doing some googling and found out that there are people out there who've tried both, but that, because both are amphetamine derivatives, one overpowers the other during their "trip".

Since she was taking dexedrine which is a mixture of, I believe 3 amphetamine derivatives, I wonder if toxicology would give false positive reports for ecstasy.

The link below does not show it would read as a false-positive for MDMA but for methamphetamine.

http://www.askdocweb.com/falsepositives.html

I haven't had time to do any research on anything more but I'll keep looking when I do.

The link below does not show it would read as a false-positive for MDMA but for methamphetamine.

http://www.askdocweb.com/falsepositives.html

I haven't had time to do any research on anything more but I'll keep looking when I do.

Good luck to you on researching this topic. The link says MDMA would also read false-positive for methamphetamine. Hoping there's a hidden resource out there that could say for certain if they can be differentiated.

At #135, sugarpooper has linked to a real-time video of the elevator. This has been speeded-up to make up for the slowing down that was done to the original video. It shows what EL's actions would have looked like had we actually been able to observe her in the moment. I wonder if it changes anything about the way we view her actions. It does for me. It makes her appear less nervous, since she is not waiting as long to get out of the elevator. Also, the little jump near the beginning blends in with exiting the elevator and no longer seems out-of-place, strange, or playful. It just seems natural. The speeded up hand movements are still strange, but they look more like she could just be a bit off balance and trying to regain her footing. The "finger counting" looks less like finger counting. And for me, at least, this makes me not so certain that there is anyone else out there. My opinion only.

At 2:06 in the original video, it looks like she slaps someone (who is trying to pull her left hand away?).

I agree, people do not all react in the same way with drugs. EL's tumblr account shows she was diagnosed with ADHD

http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/22304102762/more-its-still-odd-to-me-that-people-are-so

I believe that Adderall was prescribed. Which when combined with a MDMA can be deadly.

I think I recall you writing that you have tried ecstasy, is that correct? Do you have ADHD or ADD? If so, how did it effect you?

I have ADHD and can tell you from experience it had the complete reverse effect that normal people have. I felt fine, calm, a little more focus, clarity as to what is going on around me at the moment,no paranoia, and made me sleepy. In other words it balanced me out if anything. I had no isues and didn't need to control my behavior in any way. I was more normal than ever because I didn't deal with distraction in the same manner. My girlfriend who does not have ADHD acted the complete opposite. We were in Vegas at the time,she actually annoyed me a bit but I just ended up going back to the room and going to bed. Since it is usually very difficult for me to shut my brain off, it was the best sleep ever. Aside from that it did nothing for me.

This is just my experience, but I hear this is common with people who have ADHD. Actually, I have yet to hear of people that have ADHD who don't react this way. If you or anyone else has had a different reaction I would really like to know more. Also, if anyone has taken Adderall and ecstasy, what, if anything,changed with the effects of the drug?

I do have ADD and I found that on ecstasy I had the same effects as my friends, for what it's worth :twocents:

A new video put up of the Cecile Hotel the guy says the 1 elevator isn't operational likely the 1 EL had used and also looks like the hallway is being painted over Hmmm [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgUBjxE-oec"]My Visit To The Cecil Hotel - YouTube[/ame]

A new video put up of the Cecile Hotel the guy says the 1 elevator isn't operational likely the 1 EL had used and also looks like the hallway is being painted over Hmmm My Visit To The Cecil Hotel - YouTube

Has anyone making a video of their stay at this hotel ever seen another person anywhere beyond the lobby? If they are editing out their encounters with other guests then please say so. What I see lately has me thinking unless there is some hard evidence in her phone or room or on tape...we will likely never know what happened to that poor girl. The place seems deserted.

Has anyone making a video of their stay at this hotel ever seen another person anywhere beyond the lobby? If they are editing out their encounters with other guests then please say so. What I see lately has me thinking unless there is some hard evidence in her phone or room or on tape...we will likely never know what happened to that poor girl. The place seems deserted.
It's a big place, somewhere around 600-700 rooms. Even if busy you spread people across the 14 floors of rooms it's going to seem empty. I travel a lot, spend a good deal of time in motels and hotels and unless it's morning the hallways can seem deserted.

I do have ADD and I found that on ecstasy I had the same effects as my friends, for what it's worth :twocents:

Just curious..

If you don't mind me asking but what type of ADD do you have? Did you up the dose of ecstasy to get that same feeling or was it on a single dose? Also, what types of meds do you take for ADD? I understand if this is too personal and apologize if I've asked too many questions. All these factor in and I'm really interested if you had any adverse reaction due to meds.

She also takes backward lunges into the elevator each time she steps out to look around. That says fear to me as well. Later on when she looks as if she was talking to someone, her movements are more relaxed and she turns around twice, this time exposing her back, to get in the elevator.

IF she was talking to someone we cannot just assume it is a perp.

it's so hard to tell what was going through her mind...she looks loopy, elevated, animated for sure

it might not be any drugs, booze, but maybe the exhiliration of being out from home a long way from home, on a big adventure

we all felt that way

In the video the guy does say he turns off the camera if he encounters someone, as I think at 1 point he does say he seen a security guard or something. Just watching videos of this hotel gives me the creeps seems so unreal like you have entered the Twilight Zone. Scary for sure. The guy seems scared himself I wonder if he slept at all and if he stayed there long?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_9JRfCwf4c&feature=player_detailpage"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_9JRfCwf4c&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

^ video has some interesting ideas... I agree with it up until about the 1:30 mark - then he is off the rails imo. I don't believe that there was a "count to 20", and when she is making those weird hand gestures I believe she is trying to explain why she is on 14 (her room flooded, she lost her glasses, she sopped up and squeezed out water with towels, etc.). Still, the "14" instead of "4" and schizo/perturbed tenant she knocked on, are very good theories.

Moon, it seems you can't see my comments unless you're on a PC. My friends are warning me of this now. I'm sorry.

Brilliant description! Controlled fear is what I see too. My take is that she knew the perp in some capacity. He was charming, seemed educated, so either there was an attraction or at least thought "normal". I have thought she may have been attracted to him and/or he seemed to need her for some reason (think Ted Bundy feigning a broken arm), but her gut was telling her something else entirely.

In the video, I think she was expecting someone to follow her, so she pressed the "door hold" button intentionally and expectedly so she shows both feeling rational and relaxed but also tense and uneasy at the same time. I think that she was trying to convince her self that all was okay and normal, but her instincts were telling her something was very off and to run for her life, but the guy was nice so she told herself to run would be too silly.

I cannot believe people do not see any fear in EL. Notice how she closes in on herself, arms tightly at sides, body stiffened when she "exposes" herself to look out of the elevator. The biggest show of fear is that she will not turn her back. Notice how she backs into the elevator twice. That is not relaxed behavior. Once this person arrives and starts talking with her, she is able to move relaxed and fluidly again because she is rationalizing her fear. Seems like she is trying to talk her way out of something but then gives up.

I don't see fear throughout the video. However, when she backs into the corner, I interpret that as fear. Also, she appears to be quite apprehensive just before and after backing into the corner. Yet, when she first enters the elevator she does not appear to be afraid. In fact, it seems to me that she expects someone to join her on the elevator.

For me, the most puzzling aspects of the video would be:

1) The "petting the dog" hand movements along with the knee-bends and inward pulling she does with her arms and hands. (I don't interpret these movements as hand gestures when explaining something, nor do I see them as dancing or playful)

2) The fact she re-enters the elevator, presses many of the buttons and steps promptly off the elevator. (Obviously, she doesn't expect to "travel" to another floor or she would have remained on the elevator)

I get the feeling she is waiting for someone to join her in the elevator. Who and why... I just don't know.

jmo (as always)

Hello All, this is my first post. Glad to see that there are still some fresh posts to date; sorry that I wasn't here earlier.

I've exhausted almost all there is online regarding this mystery. I've read much at this website. I think I have the evidence to explain why the behavior of the elavator woman is so inexplicable, but I don't want to get into that right now. It's not happy.

Has anyone been able to decipher the pixels in the timestamp? I have. I have yet to find anyone online discussing it. Is it common knowledge at this thread, or related ones, that the time of 24:00 in the timestamp is actually 21:00? Is anyone familiar with this?

When the timestamp trips from 23:59 to 24:00 minutes, it goes to 21:00, 21:01, 21:02, 21:04, and than flips to 25:00 immediately after 21:04. Are you aware of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88