LA LA - Slidell, WhtFem 20-30, UP852, Breast Implants, Pregnant Jun'86

Status
Not open for further replies.
New DoeNet casefile. She's been in NamUs for a while, but her casefile was "no-photo" until recently.

Debra A. Cressotti

img_22793.jpeg
2625317560045078242_zpsac9a1dc3.jpg

16UFLA.jpg
16UFLA2.jpg

DoeNetwork Case 3100UMLA http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3100dfma.html
NamUs UP Case 11224 https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/11224/0

There are a lot of question marks here. She is a little off on height (though not excessively). Her hair is darker than LPJD's description, but her casefile indicates that she sometimes dyes her hair blonde. She is the right age, and she has a very similar facial shape to the recon above. No indication of whether she has breast implants.

She was last seen April 30, 1985, and her vehicle was left at the Bradley Airport in Connecticut. This is a little more than a year before LPJD was found (i.e., June 19, 1986).

The possible connection that caught my attention is that she broke her pelvis in a horseback riding accident. The physical description of LPJD indicates "Antemortem trauma noted with the iliopubic and ischiopubic rami depressed posteriorly. " (in layman's terms, these are healed pelvic injuries).

She also has a scar on her right knee, just as LPJD does.

And maybe it's my imagination, but her nose in the red hoodie photo seems a little bigger than her nose in the black halter-top photo. They say that LPJD might have had a nose job.

LPJD's UID Links:
DoeNetwork 16UFLA http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/16ufla.html
NamUs UP Case 852 https://identifyus.org/cases/852

I spoke with Helen Bouzon (of LSU Faces Lab) this morning to find out if there was ever a rule-out on Debra Cressotti to LPJD.

After checking with the detective in charge of Debra's case, Helen e-mailed me, saying that DNA has been submitted and they are waiting for the lab to complete the testing.

Helen asked him to contact her once it is complete in order to do a comparison.

The implants on this Jane Doe did not have any identifying traits, like serial numbers. This is strange for the US --unless she must had the augmentation prior to serial numbers becoming a standard in practice by the makers of implants. There were some comments that the girl could have had the surgery out side of the US where serial numbers weren't standard. This might fit with the idea that the victim could have been a military wife stationed in different parts of the world prior to ending up murdered and dumped by her husband in LA.

Nola I immediately thought this as well. When I saw that jane doe had breast implants I was stunned that they didn't have an immediate ID because of this. I would like more information about when they started doing serial numbers on implants or if this has always been the case in the US? Also knowing the brand etc would also be helpful in placing whether she at least had her surgery in the this country or not.

Nola I immediately thought this as well. When I saw that jane doe had breast implants I was stunned that they didn't have an immediate ID because of this. I would like more information about when they started doing serial numbers on implants or if this has always been the case in the US? Also knowing the brand etc would also be helpful in placing whether she at least had her surgery in the this country or not.

the lack of serial numbers (to me) means that either 1. she had them done before there were serial numbers (if that is even a possibility) 2. she had them done at a location that did not require them 3. she had an unlicensed quack put fake ones in or 4. perhaps the numbers wore off.

I tried to google the question of serial numbers on implants and got the distinct impression that they were always supposed to be on legitimate medical products. so she may have had them installed by a quack either in the US or abroad.

Hey guys! I'm gonna chime in here about Debra Cressotti as a possible match for Lake Pontchartrain Jane Doe. I like this match very much. Here's why:
Height and weight are both within a reasonable range; Hair coloring and facial shape are consistent; Right knee and pelvic injury (this is a biggie, to me) match; Breast implants without serial numbers could have been acquired out of country (in Canada). She could have left Mass for New Orleans and lived there for a year before her murder. Wonder if she could have been hiding out down south? She could have survived in the French Quarter where people come and go without much notice. Thinking that Debra could have worked at the horse track or bred dogs for survival in New Orleans.
I hope Debra is compared to this Jane Doe.

I realize this thread is about the UID in Slidell, but so long as we are talking about the Cressottis (and some of their business partners) here is the outcome of that strange trial where Angelo Della Ripa, the chiropractor and former owner of a bar that was managed by Benjamin Cressotti, was a star witness:

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2011/03/ronald_kogut_and_david_chalue.html

this is an interesting bit about Della Ripa and "animal chiropractic" in CT:

http://www.dir.ct.gov/dph/hcquality/Physician/007-CHIROPRACTOR/007-000162/19920810000017.pdf

he was also an owner of 2 businesses and the oficial correspondent for those businesses was located in Windsor, CT:

http://www.trademarkia.com/rolling-500-75264846.html
http://www.trademarkia.com/connecticut-sports--recreation-authority-75264847.html

again no conclusions but an entertaining read if I don't say so myself.

I also would like to chime in on Debra Cressotti and say I think she is a pretty good match, I hope they at least compare her. The reason I think she is a good match is her pelvic fracture from a horseback riding accident, which would match the fracture authorities have always believed jane doe got in a motorcycle accident.
Physically, she also matches up-good find!
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/11224/0

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/grimm_linda.html

grimm_linda2.jpg
16UFLA3.jpg

I just found this thread and I also have been working on this Jane Doe case. I think these two women physically match. I wish there was more info on Linda Grimm though. There are conflicting reports of whether she went missing in April 1985, or March 1986. I think she would fit Jane Doe better if the 1985 scenerio was correct. Her mother claims the last time she talked with Linda was Oct. 1987, which is way after Jane Doe was found. However, if she really went missing in 1985, and her mother says she talked with her for about 18 months after she went missing in 85', then the Jane Doe would fit better, if the mother was wrong about 1987. It doesn't say when she was reported missing originally.

Here's what matches, or potentially matches:

Height: Yes, Jane Doe: 5'2"-5'4", Linda: 5'2"
Weight: Yes, Jane Doe:120, Linda: 110
Linda missing from CA, Jane found in LA (big distance)
Linda, cesarian section scar on abdomen, Jane Doe 2" scar above navel (I have no knowledge of how big cesarian section scars are)
Jane Doe-breast implants, Linda, unknown (but could have gotten them in the 18 month period of time)
Jane Doe, hip fracture, possible facial reconstruction, and possible car accident. Linda, unknown (unless she was in an accident during the year in question)

Linda may have been married to a guy named Robert Masters who was a truck driver in Kansas (only two states away from LA). Jane Doe had worn a wedding band, as indicated by an imprint of a band on her left finger). Masters may have had oppurtunity to dump her body if LA was on his truck route.

What do you think?

not a match... having 3 c- sections myself, I can say without a doubt that the scar is always BELOW the navel area

ModNote:

There were alot of posts in this thread pertaining to Debra Cressotti, but were unrelated her possible connection (now ruled-out) to Lake Ponchartrain Jane Doe.

I created a thread in the MBNF Forum for Debra Cressotti.

MA MA - Debra A. Cressotti, 29, Blandford, 30-Apr-1985 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I moved much of the info pertaining only to her to her own thread.

Some of the info that pertained mostly to Debra, but alluded to this case, was copied over to her thread. So they appear in both threads.

List of Rule-outs:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Debra Cressotti 1955 Massachusetts
Carol Donn 1963 Florida
Hazel Klug 1962 Virginia
Hazel Klug 1962 Virginia
Tammy Leppert 1965 Florida
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Faye Self 1956 Louisiana
Lisa Sexton 1966 Ohio
Mary Shinn 1953 Arkansas
Sally Stone 1964 Idaho
Nadine Timm 1935 Illinois
Joyce Walcott 1967 California
April Zane 1960 Illinois

https://identifyus.org/cases/852

I am very curious about how well the breast implants were looked at. I have implants and all implants are supposed to have serial numbers, in fact I have a card I was given when I got mine, It has my serial number on the card and it has my warranty information. Also that information is on file with my doctors office as well as the manufacturer of my implants. Being that my implants are in recent years I asked a friend of mine who has had hers for 30 years now, she stated that she has the same information that I do. So it is not a recent thing to have serial numbers on your implants.

So either A) the implants were not looked at real well or B) she could have had them done out of the country where procedures are cheaper and the same rules do not apply that apply in the US.

BTW.. There are 2 manufacturers of implants in the USA.

It would also be interesting to know how her implants were placed and the style of cut that was made to implant them. This could help narrow down who may have done her procedure as different doctors have their own style of cuts, placement (under the muscle or over) and their own way of stitching.

I am very curious about how well the breast implants were looked at. I have implants and all implants are supposed to have serial numbers, in fact I have a card I was given when I got mine, It has my serial number on the card and it has my warranty information. Also that information is on file with my doctors office as well as the manufacturer of my implants. Being that my implants are in recent years I asked a friend of mine who has had hers for 30 years now, she stated that she has the same information that I do. So it is not a recent thing to have serial numbers on your implants.

So either A) the implants were not looked at real well or B) she could have had them done out of the country where procedures are cheaper and the same rules do not apply that apply in the US.

BTW.. There are 2 manufacturers of implants in the USA.

It would also be interesting to know how her implants were placed and the style of cut that was made to implant them. This could help narrow down who may have done her procedure as different doctors have their own style of cuts, placement (under the muscle or over) and their own way of stitching.

Just for reference, for people like me who don't remember all this stuff, this is what her Doenet listing says about the implants: "Detectives tried to identify the woman through her silicone breast implants. But the implants did not have serial numbers, and detectives were unable to trace them to the doctor who performed the surgery. "

After poking around in several websites including the FDA, I can't find any indication that implants were required to have serial numbers in 1986, and even now some doctors and hospitals don't keep good track of numbers or inform their patients about them, especially with imported implants.

This may have been said already, but if she had implants, would that show us she may have not been rich, but def. was not poor? Also, with her being pregnant, I have always wondered...wouldn't the father of the child be looking for them? (Assuming he was a good guy). This case bugs me because I feel this girl comes from a nice family, and has family looking for her still, whether it be family from here or out of the country.
Today, silicone implants (which first emerged in the 1960s), cost about $6,000-$8,000, depending on where you live in the country, it greatly varies. Of course they were not that much in the 80s, but I assume for that time frame (when gas prices were not so outrageous), they were still considered expensive. (Does anyone know if insurance would cover breast augmentation?)
I do know Silicone are more expensive than saline ones as well.

You are spot on about the prices of implants of this time. Back in the day they actually cost more because not as many doctors were doing them. Te price went down with demand and competition.

What if she were a stripper and got pregnant by her man or a John and refused to have an abortion and her man or pimp got rid of her because she was of no use to him if she were pregnant, she couldnt be his cash cow then. A lot of strippers had implants back in the day.

Just trying to think outside the box here.

And no insurance will not pay for breast implants. I had to have my breast removed because of cancer and even though I was sick, my insurance would not cover implants to restore my body to what it should look like. We had to pay for my implants. I did fight the insurance company and I have really good coverage, but as I was told insurance companies just do not pay for breast!

You are spot on about the prices of implants of this time. Back in the day they actually cost more because not as many doctors were doing them. Te price went down with demand and competition.

What if she were a stripper and got pregnant by her man or a John and refused to have an abortion and her man or pimp got rid of her because she was of no use to him if she were pregnant, she couldnt be his cash cow then. A lot of strippers had implants back in the day.

Just trying to think outside the box here.

And no insurance will not pay for breast implants. I had to have my breast removed because of cancer and even though I was sick, my insurance would not cover implants to restore my body to what it should look like. We had to pay for my implants. I did fight the insurance company and I have really good coverage, but as I was told insurance companies just do not pay for breast!

You make some really great points! I also think you made a good point about strippers decades back. I dont know if you are familiar with "Sharon Marshall" (her real identity is unknown to this day), but they were not too wealthy either, yet the man who took her, Floyd, had her get implants (she was also a stripper).
I think that could have been a very possible profession for her, that or she was a traveler

http://www.cullmantimes.com/local/x1690515552/Local-man-convicted-in-3-decade-old-murder-case-in-Louisiana

I am watching Swamp Murders on the ID Channel tonight and the story is about Edith McElroy West's 1980 murder. I was amazed at how Edith's murder has so many similarities to our Lake Pontchartrain Jane Doe:
1) found nude dumped in LA water;
2) asphyxiated;
3) weighted down in water with heavy object tied around her neck

Rickey Dane Brown was convicted in 2012 of Edith's murder. Two other men may have been involved in her death (Archie West and Mike Burnett). West and Burnett have both died.
Wanted to get your thoughts on this -- wonder if there might be a connection to these two murders? Maybe our JD was a biker chick who pissed off the wrong guy.

Great catch carbuff,i'll have to watch that episode!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam