Decomposed Body found in Scurry Co.*3/16/13* - LE identified as being Hailey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity is there any possibility that these bones could possibly belong to someone that drowned while the lake levels were still high? I mean we don't know how old they are etc... Maybe when lake levels diminished animals moved the bones to the remote area they were found. Just a thought. Now i will have to go look up drownings.

Just out of curiosity is there any possibility that these bones could possibly belong to someone that drowned while the lake levels were still high? I mean we don't know how old they are etc... Maybe when lake levels diminished animals moved the bones to the remote area they were found. Just a thought. Now i will have to go look up drownings.

LE said it was nothing to do with the lake.

I wonder how Haileys brother feels, being around these two.. people.

Quite honestly? he is 18 now. He has never been to a single vigil, has never looked for Hailey. He has times to go fighting tournaments, to concerts, to parties and yet has no time/inclination to do anything for his missing sister. Haileys friends or one at least has been to every vigil.

Were the remains sent to Ft. Worth or Lubbock? I don't think it takes long to confirm identity from dental records. Is it a fact that they had a tooth or just rumor? tia

Yea i looked at old stuff and there was nothing to be found about bodies not being found. so we are back to WHO could it be.

Were the remains sent to Ft. Worth or Lubbock? I don't think it takes long to confirm identity from dental records. Is it a fact that they had a tooth or just rumor? tia

It said that in the media yesterday. The thing is was that what they had at the end of searching yesterday or what the person finding the remains found? Hopefully its what the person saw who found the remains saw and they have found more :(

Does anyone know is it normal for the FBI to come in when a body or remains are found? At what point do the local LE get pushed aside and FBI come in? I'm not sure of what makes it protocol for that to happen.

What frustrates me the most is that people who were out there helping to recover the body probably know things which would clue us in on whether this is Hailey or not. Anyone who saw scraps of clothing, a clump of hair or part of something the body was wrapped in could help us out a lot. If the person who initially found the body did not follow the intricate details of Haileys case like we did, those little clues might not seem important.

As it is, we'll probably be waiting months and months for any official ID. That's just the way it works around here. The body will sit there in the morgue forever before anyone will bother to write up any official results, then they'll snail mail it to someone who is on vacation or just isn't on top of it enough to read and comprehend the full autopsy and inform the public in a timely manner. MOO
Several people have mentioned that they found it odd that Hailey had no blankets, comforter, bedspread, etc. on her bed in news footage (after the abduction), when BJD had stated only that she gave "a sheet" to LE for use with the tracking dogs. I would expect that anyone transporting a body by any means would want to wrap it in something to prevent bodily fluids from seeping into their car upholstery, trunk liner, wheelbarrow, or whatEVER they used. Those items would certainly have clued someone in to her identity IF they were found in the vicinity of the remains. It would be pretty hard to explain a thirteen year old girl dragging her blankie with her to her dad's and then several blocks to her friend's house for a sleepover, and there'd be no other viable explanation than her having been taken from inside the home. However, it WOULD be inappropriate (and possibly illegal) for anyone "in the know" to reveal anything of this nature.

Ahhh, it all makes sense now. So that white thing was a trailer? I get it now, the angle of the pic made it look like it was in the shrubs off the road, what it likely was, was on the dirt road right at the intersection. Well, if that's the case, then at least I'm not completely losing my mind.

One does not preclude the other, unfortunately. :)

Does anyone know is it normal for the FBI to come in when a body or remains are found? At what point do the local LE get pushed aside and FBI come in? I'm not sure of what makes it protocol for that to happen.

on the blogtalk radio interview either peter or mac said that a shawn from the fbi is in charge of hailey's case now and has taken all the info from all the agencies and consolodated it so it would all be one case.

on the blogtalk radio interview either peter or mac said that a shawn from the fbi is in charge of hailey's case now and has taken all the info from all the agencies and consolodated it so it would all be one case.

the link is on page 13 of this thread

Sorry I have no source for this, as I have been reading everything I can find on this case, but I "read somewhere" that the lake is currently at 1% of it's capacity.

I've seen 1.5% also. The only reason I brought it up is that I was trying to narrow down the places where they could be looking for the remains, but since I was looking in the wrong spot, it doesn't matter :p

There was a mention earlier in a post about missing people in the area. But no names were ever mentioned. Does anyone know of any other missing people from around there? Not just children, but adults as well. I think everyone's mind went right to Hailey, and it made me wonder about that.
If Hailey is deceased, I hope this is her because the thought of a child being discarded is just so sad.

IIRC, that request was followed by a post with a list of names...

Thanks For The Kids for bringing up the issue of Billie's ride ot work that morning and it being pretty much known at this point that Billie's ride was NOT the Co worker, but rather her ride was Shawn.. IMO this has always been an issue that worked toward Billie's benefit by having this Co worker supposedly having been the ride, and therefor a witness to Billie's actions/behaviors in those early morning hours while en route to work..

now to know that its pretty much determined that this Co worker ride to work was a lie..no Co worker picked up Billie that morning from her home and gave her a ride to work..and that it was indeed Shawn that took Billie to work that morning.. IMO that piece of info completely changes the morning timeline as we've known it all this time..

this would thereby negate Billie's acct of Shawn having gotten up that morning and left the home to go to work, all prior to Billie getting up and getting ride to work..<--this now indicates this is false..therefor changing/altering main, key points of that mornings timeline..

But IMO the most critical and important issue that arises from plugging this into the mornings events and timeline, is then "why"...why in the hell would the mother, whose child is missing and whose child's life is on the line..why would Billie lie?..why would Billie find this specific detail necessary to omit and/or lie about?

IMO there is no non-suspicious reason that can be attributed as to "why" Billie would lie and state Shawn woke up/got up before she did, and that Shawn had left the home for work by the time she got up and was waiting for her ride from her Co worker?..

why lie, why?..why fabricate that entire early morning timeline when in fact Shawn was still in the home in this hour or so period of time that Billie earlier claimed he was already gone to work?..and that it was Shawn, NOT A COWORKER, that Billie got a ride to work with??

IMO there's nothing that can be explained for Billie lying about that mornings events ..nothing IMO..in fact just the opposite that IMO its due to nefarious reasons that Billie would lie about these all important hours of that Morning..

just thinking aloud..of course jmo, tho.

I sure have a lot to say today! I wonder if he WAS up before her, and DID leave before her.... then returned to take her to work. Often, when people lie, they try to stick as close to the truth as they can.

Has the coworker confirmed this at all? Did cell phone records back up the assertion that they spoke earlier that morning?

I have no idea what the co worker confirmed. I do know what Billie herself said when angry and i do know that Shawn himself said when asked after that so at a guess the coworker could be in trouble.

Which also means that the parts they did find may have come from somewhere else, equally far away.

I am hoping someone with search & recovery experience can answer this for me...

If a body is dumped intact, would it seem likely that the part least likely to be moved by scavengers (at least moved any great distance) would be the head? It seems it would be one of the more difficult part for an animal to "carry". Am I off base here?

Yeah, I'm wondering about this as well. From the beginning I wondered whether she snuck out of the house Sunday night to meet friends or go to a party or something, and whether BD and SA's coverup was about making sure word didn't get out about what SA had been doing to her, not that they killed her. Which is why I have always had a lot of hope she was alive.

But if something went wrong at the party, well, that would fit, too.

I think the OP was suggesting this might be some OTHER kid/teen who had been at a field party with friends and died (maybe of alcohol poisoning, drug overdose, an accident, or physical violence) and left there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff