trial day 34: the defense continues it's case in chief #98

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disposition Information
Party Name ARSCode Description Crime Date Disposition Code Disposition Date
Jodi Ann Arias 13-1105 (F1) MURDER 1ST DEGREE 6/4/2008

This is it nothing else YET.

Are the stipulations for finding a verdict of guilty of Premeditation (1st degree) the same in Arizona as Florida? Keep hearing the legal pundits debating the issue as if premed will only apply if it is proven she left on trip with intention of killing Travis...

I recall us debating the issue during the Caylee Anthony trial of exactly WHEN does Premeditation kick in, and it was stated by Hornsby (?) that premeditation can occur minutes before the actual crime occurs, as long as the jury believes the defendant acted with the intention of killing, (as opposed to intention to injure that results in death)?

If so, no doubt 1st Degree applies since crime involved a gunshot, 29 stab wounds and near decapitation....case closed!

BBM

Laughable! That theory is absolutely magical thinking....just like Jodi's levitation skill to grab the gun ( that was never in TA closet...more magical thinking here) .

Actually, If she used the "Accio" spell, the gun would have come right to HER. (that one is for you Harry Potter fans.)

This question is for you and Rosemary,
Are these people who have watched the actual trial or people who are following the case in the news?

In my case no. Did not like Juan. Damn, I hope this family member is never on a jury. I know that for me, I was not sure I could give her DP, but now I could.

Does anyone know if JM had the option today to ask more questions? If so, did he decline? Also, in the State of Arizona, what order do they go? State or Defense goes first in final? TIA

I don't believe there is a re-cross in AZ, but someone said it was actually up to the judge. I haven't seen one in this trial, has anyone seen a re-cross?

People in my family (male) feel the same way. A big reason why I am nervous.

My mother has most of the facts wrong too, but yet she is going to say things like that?! Let's just hope and pray people like mother and your family members are not on that jury!

Does anyone know if JM had the option today to ask more questions? If so, did he decline? Also, in the State of Arizona, what order do they go? State or Defense goes first in final? TIA
No, Juan could not longer question this witness.
State witness: state does direct, DT crosses
Defense witness: opposite
In this case the juror questions are debated by the attorneys depending on whose witness it was.
After the DT has called all of it's witness in the CIC (Case in Chief). the state will mount a rebuttal - state has last say, since they have the burden of proof.
'Then it goes to the jury, and through more processes if guilt is found.

I don't believe there is a re-cross in AZ, but someone said it was actually up to the judge. I haven't seen one in this trial, has anyone seen a re-cross?

Considering how they add lies literally on a daily basis, Stephens should step up. This latest bs about a knife attack at 13 should entitle JM to question Samuels about it.

So far all of the votes have been 10 to 2. That makes me a little nervous here too. What id there are one or two Jodi supporters on the jury?

Maybe there are 10 that want to vote DP. Hopefully the remaining 2 will negotiate for LWOP. I have no problem with LWOP. :jail::jail::jail:

I think the jury results are skewed because what they're presented with is incomplete information.

For example: the night they did the re-enactment to see if it could be done in 62 seconds, they completely disregarded the sink and the blood smears on the wall, and IIRC there was something else they left out too. The blood splatter had to be part of the 62 seconds, right? How else could it have gotten there? He was not able to get up at the time of the picture at the end of the hallway, so how else would it have gotten there?

I found that episode especially annoying, but maybe that's because they had Jose Baez on there doing what he does best - making bold statements with little truth and using only the parts of the evidence that fit the story he wants to tell.

This question is for you and Rosemary,
Are these people who have watched the actual trial or people who are following the case in the news?

Schuby, she started following it late. She does watch the trial daily, but apparently doesn't comprehend the facts.

One of the key elements to an obsession is accessibility ... I think that is what it was about Travis which fed into Jodi's ability to stalk him, it seems she would have stalked other men as well if they had let her, but they cut her off, Travis with his open house / open arms policy to people in general allowed Jodi in to the point where her obsession was able to grow to dangerous levels. The more I think about this case the more I believe that, she found an available victim in him. It could have been anyone, but other men felt more threatened and took steps to keep her at arms length.

And it is this issue with the stalking (tire slashing) that infuriates :furious: me so!!

The judge would not allow this evidence into trial as it was "too prejudicial" against Jodi (even though it happened....THREE times??) but on the other hand, Jodi can make ANY accusation against Travis, including the ridiculous pedophilia claim, without Travis being able to refute her claims!

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

We need to clean up our court systems!

In my case no. Did not like Juan. Damn, I hope this family member is never on a jury. I know that for me, I was not sure I could give her DP, but now I could.

Oh that's another thing.....my mother does not like JM. :facepalm:

And it is this issue with the stalking (tire slashing) that infuriates :furious: me so!!

The judge would not allow this evidence into trial as it was "too prejudicial" against Jodi (even though it happened....THREE times??) but on the other hand, Jodi can make ANY accusation against Travis, including the ridiculous pedophilia claim, without Travis being able to refute her claims!

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

We need to clean up our court systems!

I thought she didn't allow it because it couldn't be proven that it was Jodi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes