GUILTY GA - Antonio Santiago, 13 mos, Brunswick, 21 March 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little man still tries to look all hard in his mugshot but I can see the fear. Chit just got real.

I just hope the 14 year old is not one of this guy's FB friends identified as a cousin. The one I was looking at does not seem all into the lifestyle and may not be the sharpest tool in the drawer so I am hoping like heck that kid is not involved. The kid I am eyeing is only interested in typical things like music, girls, sneakers and the like.

I just have a really bad feeling, that the younger perp may not have expected what went down or that things would go where they did and he was basically along for a ride that went quickly out of control.

The younger one will testify and be let off just fine. No worries there.

not buying Ms. Freeman's assertion. From the look at her son's FB page she

a) has not clue as to his activities or what he's been getting up to (for a LONG time)

or

b) She knows what her son does and simply does not have a problem with it.

Either way, she is not a credible witness in my view.

not buying Ms. Freeman's assertion. From the look at her son's FB page she

a) has not clue as to his activities or what he's been getting up to (for a LONG time)

or

b) She knows what her son does and simply does not have a problem with it.

Either way, she is not a credible witness in my view.

There won't be a trial. The shooter will cop a plea deal. 17 year olds are eligible for the death penalty in Georgia. This <mod snip> will cop a plea and suck off the tax payer for the next 60 years.

Ok Peeps. Enough!

It was one thing to be skeptical about the mom's initial story, and an entirely different situation AFTER a DOUBLE arrest and suspicion still abounds on this thread.

This isn't what Websleuths is about. We are a victim friendly website so PLEASE post accordingly.

This mom and her beloved husband are victims here. period.

Everyone may not agree with mom's actions that day, from not handing over her purse to picking her dying child up in her arms and giving him CPR. But geesh! How would any of us act?

My answer is I NEVER want to be in that position and I pray I or any of my loved ones ever has to find out how they would feel too.

Let's extend our condolences to this grieving family and community and offer our prayers for baby Antonio. An innocent child who was taken way too soon.

If you have any questions, please contact me or any of the other mods.

TIA for your cooperation,
fran

Ok Peeps. Enough!

It was one thing to be skeptical about the mom's initial story, and an entirely different situation AFTER a DOUBLE arrest and suspicion still abounds on this thread.

This isn't what Websleuths is about. We are a victim friendly website so PLEASE post accordingly.

This mom and her beloved husband are victims here. period.

Everyone may not agree with mom's actions that day, from not handing over her purse to picking her dying child up in her arms and giving him CPR. But geesh! How would any of us act?

My answer is I NEVER want to be in that position and I pray I or any of my loved ones ever has to find out how they would feel too.

Let's extend our condolences to this grieving family and community and offer our prayers for baby Antonio. An innocent child who was taken way too soon.

If you have any questions, please contact me or any of the other mods.

TIA for your cooperation,
fran
I hope this post is not directed to my previous post. I thought it would be useful to know that one of the suspects has a relative who intends to give him an alibi. In other words, it isn't likely that he is going to plead guilty. There may be a trial.

Haven't read the whole thread but I imagine they did a GSR test on the mother.

There won't be a trial. The shooter will cop a plea deal. 17 year olds are eligible for the death penalty in Georgia. This <mod snip> will cop a plea and suck off the tax payer for the next 60 years.

I'm pretty sure the Supreme Court abolished the death penalty for juveniles in 2005.

I could be wrong tho. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone heard any confirmation if the teen boys had previously had any contact with the mom and baby?

Little man still tries to look all hard in his mugshot but I can see the fear. Chit just got real.

I just hope the 14 year old is not one of this guy's FB friends identified as a cousin. The one I was looking at does not seem all into the lifestyle and may not be the sharpest tool in the drawer so I am hoping like heck that kid is not involved. The kid I am eyeing is only interested in typical things like music, girls, sneakers and the like.

I just have a really bad feeling, that the younger perp may not have expected what went down or that things would go where they did and he was basically along for a ride that went quickly out of control.

I was thinking about that earlier. Mom said the other kid just kind of stood behind the older kid. He may not have expected what happened but he is probably booked on accessory at least. He is probably scared and singing like a canary on the other dude.

Sorry not to include links, just going on memory, but...

On early video Dad said, why could they not just "take the pocketbook" and go? (My paraphrasing)

On video Mom said, (after perp demanded money and she said she had none,then perp said I'm going to shoot, again my paraphrasing), he tried to "grab my purse."

I'd say to myself, let the purse & contents go, money or no money, with or without credit or debit cards, checkbook, wedding ring, jewelry, smart phone, inhaler, sentimental knickknack, or whatever in there.
(Or I think I would, esp. w.multiple perps. I've practiced it in my head.)

Let.them.take.it.

When faced w. a gun, even one she said she thought was a toy gun,why not let them take the purse?

If there was no money, perps would not learn that until they were a block away and she had had a chance to escape and/or seek help.

There was speculation upthread about a poss. drug transaction.
Hmmm.

Some other stmts were puzzling too, but this purse thing jumped out at me.

In any case, sad sad sad that precious baby lost his life.

I'm sure that mom will be second guessing herself about what she could have done differently. IMO a person that would shoot a baby in the face might have done so even if she handed him everything she had. :(

I was thinking about that earlier. Mom said the other kid just kind of stood behind the older kid. He may not have expected what happened but he is probably booked on accessory at least. He is probably scared and singing like a canary on the other dude.

BBM, not if it's his brother. I do NOT know that it is, but I've wondered if it's possibly that these teens are brothers. The younger one might not rat out his older brother.

Again to reiterate, I have no information stating that they are brothers, but figure it is a possibility. Pure speculation.

I'm pretty sure the Supreme Court abolished the death penalty for juveniles in 2005.

I could be wrong tho. ;)

Sheesh or you could be right, just checked the articles and they are pre 2005.

Regardless the kid is an idiot and will likely plea.

BTW the Supreme Court made a bad decision.

BBM, not if it's his brother. I do NOT know that it is, but I've wondered if it's possibly that these teens are brothers. The younger one might not rat out his older brother.

Again to reiterate, I have no information stating that they are brothers, but figure it is a possibility. Pure speculation.

True. If he is a brother. If not his parents will tell him to tell everything to save his butt if he didnt do the actual shooting.

Respectfully snipped
Ok Peeps. Enough!

It was actually an acceptable practice to administer CPR to infants in your arms at one point in time. Considering she had her first baby 20 years ago (which is also about when I was first certified in CPR with the in arm technique), she may have been trained then and not go through subsequent classes. They change the protocol every few years. They usually just change the ratios of compressions to breaths, but they've also changed how the baby should be situated.

After looking around a bit, it is still acceptable practice, especially for EMTs and Paramedics. Scoop and run.

This is on Elkins' FB page. Does anyone know what, exactly, it means?

"ME IN MY "S A TURN UR BLO5K IN TO MURDER SCENE"

This is on Elkins' FB page. Does anyone know what, exactly, it means?

"ME IN MY "S A TURN UR BLO5K IN TO MURDER SCENE"

he aspired to murder someone?

eta: per my son that was a threat... not an admission
his "" talk knowledge
FWIW... (a turn) means "gonna" turn

just his opinion

I think that murder comment was put on his 'about' page way before this .. he was trying to look tough. Like it's so way cool to be a gang-banger kind of thing. Kills a baby in a pram. Unfrickinbelieveable. Heading to LWOP.

I wonder how tough he's going to feel after several decades in a prison cell.
If he manages to evade prison "justice" that long.

I posted a reminder of Websleuths victim friendly stance earlier today. There were some posts that were close to accusing the victim, but not quite. If your post outright accused the victim, it probably isn't here anymore.

All of my posts land at random UNLESS I've quoted a particular post in my post. If you feel I'm speaking to YOU, meaning anyone of you, perhaps you should review your posts and see if this is meant for you.

There has now been two arrests. Reading the more current news articles, it appears the mom, unknowingly at the time, id'd one of the suspects that was already in custody. Of course the suspects AND their family will say they're innocent. :rolleyes: Didn't you know that 99% of the convicts behind bars are innocent? I even hear that Scott Peterson's family is still working for his release. :jail:

Now, let's rally around the family and watch how the case progresses. This isn't even 48 hours old yet. LE has LOTS of work still to do and don't expext to find out all LE is doing behind the scenes. We've watched enough cases here on these pages to know that's not how LE rolls.

Thanks all!
fran

:seeya:

PS. It is against TOS to discuss moderation in the open forum. If you have any questions, please contact me in a pm. fran

he aspired to murder someone?

Probably wanted to murder someone, anyone. He thinks he is such a tough thud but I bet in prison he isnt going to feel so tough when the other inmates find out he shot a baby in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288