Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, we've had a huge response. I'll talk to Marly and Alioop tomorrow (when I'm more awake) and see how best to go about buying more documents as a team.
We have an awesome group of people here!!!!!!!!! :)

Couldn't agree more. If it was my family -I would not be supporting my brother without acknowledging that he has made mistakes. That is part of accepting the truth moving forward and accepting the mistake to make amends and learn from the situation.

But OW continues to emphatically proclaim that her brother is innocent. Well not of adultery and not of being a crap and possibly fraudulent businessman and its a long bow to draw to expect that this innocence would be present in his personal life since not 1 but 3 mistresses have been suggested.

If she was as blindly supportive of her brother when Allison was around - I am feeling incredibly sad for Allison. Who could function as a normal person within the context of GBC's can do no wrong. I can only assume from her religous devotion to her brother that Allison was definitely not considered to be an equal and satisfactory partner for her brother by the GBC family.

This is just so true. Their defence of Gerard, despite the obvious adultery and then the likelihood that he did away with Allison, and their ability, as a family, to shut down on Allison from the minute of her disappearance, has been so startling.
First off they acted as though it was quite the inconvenience to them that they all had to jump in and pick up the pieces for Allison during her unexplained leave, and secondly, the family expressed a desire to be normal WITHOUT KNOWING what had happened to their loved one, and the adored mother of 3 little girls that they loved.

Both of these things are inexplicable in inexcusable.
We cannot now observe Olivias choked back tears with any form of crediblity.
The family have missed their chance well and truly, of appearing grieved.
The only ones they felt sorry for were themselves.
and further to that, the proclamations of Gerards innocence without quantifying any of the evidence or addressing the adultery is nothing more than ludicrous and insulting on Olivias part. MOO

(Obby's at it again!!!! )

I'm actually interested in doing up a table of all the times when Gerards behaviour was inappropriate for the circumstances. (No I wont be including inappropriateness during his marriage, or the running of his company, just the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of Allison and subsequent discovery of her body, organising the funeral, getting back to work etc.)

Wish me luck- its gonna big a big list!!!!

First off they acted as though it was quite the inconvenience to them that they all had to jump in and pick up the pieces for Allison during her unexplained leave, and secondly, the family expressed a desire to be normal WITHOUT KNOWING what had happened to their loved one, and the adored mother of 3 little girls that they loved.[/I]

The lack of genuine concern and their use of the word "normal" was one of the early things that really got my heckles up. Unfortunately, I have experienced first hand a loved one missing and later found dead in the bush although he was not murdered. I couldn't understand their reactions.

While my brother was missing, nothing was normal for myself, our family or friends. Our lives were on hold. As the days passed I knew in my heart that my brother was dead but would not say it or think it until I knew it as a fact. I was able to compare the Baden-Clays to my own family and found their behaviour to be more than strange. The Dickies reacted as you would expect but not the Baden-Clays. Poor Mrs Dickie, when I saw her crying on the TV,I thought of my own mother crying when a policeman came up the path to the door, a chopper was going overhead, and told my mother that my brother was dead.

When Allison was found, I knew too, that it wasn't going to be pretty. We couldn't have an open coffin as we badly needed to as many people had difficulty excepting his death. Sudden death is like that.

These were some of the reasons I became interested in this case. Sorry if this is too personal but I feel that many people here relate to the case for different personal reasons. I don't believe that Gerald has a chance in hell of getting away with this either and his family, even if not involved, will have that reputation that meant more to them than life, destroyed wherever they go. No one will forget their shameful behaviour.

I'm actually interested in doing up a table of all the times when Gerards behaviour was inappropriate for the circumstances. (No I wont be including inappropriateness during his marriage, or the running of his company, just the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of Allison and subsequent discovery of her body, organising the funeral, getting back to work etc.)

Wish me luck- its gonna big a big list!!!!
Then I guess we'll hear from you this time next year, when you'll be almost finished? :floorlaugh:

The lack of genuine concern and their use of the word "normal" was one of the early things that really got my heckles up. Unfortunately, I have experienced first hand a loved one missing and later found dead in the bush although he was not murdered. I couldn't understand their reactions.

While my brother was missing, nothing was normal for myself, our family or friends. Our lives were on hold. As the days passed I knew in my heart that my brother was dead but would not say it or think it until I knew it as a fact. I was able to compare the Baden-Clays to my own family and found their behaviour to be more than strange. The Dickies reacted as you would expect but not the Baden-Clays. Poor Mrs Dickie, when I saw her crying on the TV,I thought of my own mother crying when a policeman came up the path to the door, a chopper was going overhead, and told my mother that my brother was dead.

When Allison was found, I knew too, that it wasn't going to be pretty. We couldn't have an open coffin as we badly needed to as many people had difficulty excepting his death. Sudden death is like that.

These were some of the reasons I became interested in this case. Sorry if this is too personal but I feel that many people here relate to the case for different personal reasons. I don't believe that Gerald has a chance in hell of getting away with this either and his family, even if not involved, will have that reputation that meant more to them than life, destroyed wherever they go. No one will forget their shameful behaviour.

Absolutely!!! What a touching and appropriate post SandyGG. Thankyou for sharing that with us, and I'm so sorry to hear of your families horrible experience. I agree with you 100% and more. You have summed up a lot of things about this case just perfectly.
Thankyou.

That would have been so hard, and I'm really sorry for what your family went through. Yes ofcourse you would know the extreme difference in the actions of the BC's and the Dickies. It was more like an inconvenience for them, or at least that's how it seems. Allison's life was worth way more than what their actions showed.

You're right, different reasons have brought us all together which is why alot of us can see things in a different way to others etc. That's why some will pick up on certain things that others don't and then we can put it all together and go from there. That's a good thing.

Once again, very sorry for your family and what you all went through. :blowkiss:

It was a good many years ago now but I can well relate to the Dickie family and the trauma that they would be experiencing. It does get better! The emotions are extremely raw for awhile.

Unfortunately, they have alot of unfinished business due to the selfish Gerald Baden-Clay who could come clean at any time but won't. Believe me, one of the things you go through is imagining what happened though some people in my family coped by not wanting to know any details. I was the opposite. I wanted to know the truth no matter how bad it was.

The other thing with a sudden death is imagining that you could have prevented it. Allison's loved ones would be torturing themselves, wondering if they had done anything different whether she would still be alive. Like, her friend, said something in MSM about Allison telling her things, that she wished she'ld talked to her more about??? You have to reach a point of really accepting their death.

Gerald would be prolonging and deeply effecting their natural grief processes. Including his own children he proclaims to care sooo much about!

I forgot to add one other possibility - a hit/run and the person dumping Allison's body. But if this happened, Allison surely would have had broken bones? I can't imagine someone dying from an accident like that without ANY broken bones? Totally implausible IMO too.

In the bail application Allisons parents confirmed -

ALLISON DID NOT WALK!!

I just can't believe anything Olivia says and we only have her word for it that her and Allison were close. Judging by her protectiveness of her brother that we have all seen, I wonder if Allison would ever have confided her personal problems to her.

In Olivia's last phone call to Allison she may well have put her happy face on or Olivia could be lieing anyway as the family were pretending that Gerald and Allison had a workable marriage and that they are all a big happy family and all that bullcrap. Allison's depression was probably "self-inflicted" or nothing to do with what she had to put up with her lousy husband according to her in-laws.

I would find it extraordinary if Allison had not suffered depression, anxiety and low self-esteem with what Gerald put her through. I also wouldn't be surprised if Allison had protected Gerald and her marriage in life as well. I get the feeling she was quite private about her problems and gave other reasons for the depression to various people rather than talk about problems with Gerald. e.g. malaria medication, post-natal.

If OW stood in front of the camera and took questions from the media then she would be more convincing, yes? TELL WHY HE IS INNOCENT!

OW TELL US WHY HE IS INNOCENT THEN EVERYONE MY LISTEN!

Just re- read that interview and GBC states that Allison was going to meet Kate at the office at 8 - why would she need to leave by 7 - was the office an hour away ( obviously I am not a local ). ??

I have been following the chatter here since almost the beginning, but have not posted before now. As a Brookfield resident until just recently, I can see the need to leave at 7am. Moggill Road is bumper-to-bumper traffic quite early in the morning. Both my husband & I used to leave home by 6.30am rather than sit, sit, sit in the traffic.

I would even go as far to say that if she didn't have the girls to get ready, Allison, too, would have left closer to 6.30 than 7am.

MOO

If OW stood in front of the camera and took questions from the media then she would be more convincing, yes? TELL WHY HE IS INNOCENT!

OW TELL US WHY HE IS INNOCENT THEN EVERYONE MY LISTEN!

And why is OW so convinced? It's driving me insane! What info does she know that could clear her brothers name, & restore her family's credibility/status in "society"? What is this great miscarriage of justice that she's harped on about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member