Possible Victim: Natasha Jugo, 31, Queens, Body Washed Ashore and belongings found on Gilgo Beach Mar 2013 *car fnd Ocean Pkwy*

It happens fairly frequently around New England, where there are lots and lots of ponds and miles and miles of coastline.

Usually the person just swims out away from shore until they can't swim any farther.

Apparently the cause of death is sometimes hypothermia rather than drowning, especially at this time of year.

Does anyone know of a case where someone has walked into the water to drown them self?
Of course it is possible and has probably been done before but it seems like....not sure how to explain what I am thinking...like an awkward way to commit suicide, and difficult.

It has been done before, but I have only ever read of one case where a man did this. So I'm thinking it's not common. However I have read and heard many of times that drowning is supposta be a more peaceful death.
"It's supposed to feel like you're falling asleep as the water fills your lungs and you float (well, sink) off quietly to that light at the end of the tunnel."
And I am thinking that when people do comment suicide away from home it is so that their loved ones would not have to be the ones to find their body.

I wonder how many people who commit suicide (at this time of year) and in this manner ALSO remove their clothing before entering the water.

Ok so check this out. Natasha Jugo has a few friends on MYSPACE. One of them is a guy with the initials JM (It's hard to say no). If you look him up on fb and look through his friends, he's friend's with members of JB (the nursery) guy's family. Another whale of a coincidence??

I think we are clear on the true meaning of "within the confines of the precinct" now. And I have a pretty good understanding of the meaning of "light splotched". But what does "NYPD Photo" mean?

The confines is the area the pct. covers.

"At 11:20 AM on Sunday 911 received a call, a resident of Gilgo Beach reported finding a driver`s license and wallet on the beach near Ocean Walk. Furthermore, some clothing items were found down on the beach, resembling ones Natasha Jugo was seen wearing on Saturday when she left her home in Queens. Along with a light-splotched NYPD photo, confusion reigns!"

http://thesop.org/story/20130321/wh...to-gilgo-beach-was-someone-following-her.html

Ocean Walk (where some of her possessions were found) is located in West Gilgo Beach. It is a residential area on the north side of OP. If her car was found in the eastbound lane of OP (south side of OP) between the piles of dirt and the beach/ocean then she had to cross OP to go north to Ocean Walk. (the bay side)

Also if she went into the water to commit suicide it would have been the bay and not the ocean. It doesn't look too easy to go from Ocean Walk to the water's edge of the bay.
:twocents:
* Google Maps - West Gilgo Beach. This map shows the area around Ocean Walk well.

Ocean Walk (where some of her possessions were found) is located in West Gilgo Beach. It is a residential area on the north side of OP. If her car was found in the eastbound lane of OP (south side of OP) between the piles of dirt and the beach/ocean then she had to cross OP to go north to Ocean Walk. (the bay side)

Also if she went into the water to commit suicide it would have been the bay and not the ocean. It doesn't look too easy to go from Ocean Walk to the water's edge of the bay.
:twocents:
* Google Maps - West Gilgo Beach. This map shows the area around Ocean Walk well.

I don't pretend to know just what happened, but it's far more likely she left her car, walked east down the beach, when she reached the underpass to Ocean walk at West Gilgo she entered left some things and then went back to the ocean.

Does anyone know of a case where someone has walked into the water to drown them self?
Of course it is possible and has probably been done before but it seems like....not sure how to explain what I am thinking...like an awkward way to commit suicide, and difficult.
I had a friend who called a cab to take her to the lake, she brought a bottle of Grey Goose Vodka with her. She left a suicide note in her own car and mailed one to her boyfriend. He got it a few days after her body was found on the shore. She drowned herself. Many times over the years I walked that pier and sat on the benchs trying to imagine how she did it. Did she slide off the rocks into the water and then suck in water? Did she swim out so far as to assure that she couldn't swim back? I don't know the answers, but I know suicide by drowning does happen.

I had a friend who called a cab to take her to the lake, she brought a bottle of Grey Goose Vodka with her. She left a suicide note in her own car and mailed one to her boyfriend. He got it a few days after her body was found on the shore. She drowned herself. Many times over the years I walked that pier and sat on the benchs trying to imagine how she did it. Did she slide off the rocks into the water and then suck in water? Did she swim out so far as to assure that she couldn't swim back? I don't know the answers, but I know suicide by drowning does happen.

So sorry about your friend. It is hard not knowing the answers.
When I think about not wanting your loved ones to find your body drowning makes sense.

a certain resident of oak beach just happened to return to the area at the time of ms jugo's disappearance. not chp...fluke!

a certain resident of oak beach just happened to return to the area at the time of ms jugo's disappearance. not chp...fluke!

Can we have initials? lol I don't have a clue who you speak of...

I guess it's not RR? IMHO, the way he left his belongings on the beach to suggest he drowned is similar to NJ's story of how she left her stuff on the beach (supposedly...). But who does that? she could have (and would have IMO left her stuff in the car. IDK...Just MOO.

(Double posting because some members feel RR generally fits the profile.)

Raymond Roth, of Massapequa and now living in Long Beach, got his sentencing for the conspiracy plea bargain postponed so that he could "finish his culinary classes!" He wasn't arrested or in jail the day NJugo disappeared. They suspect him in an attempted abduction case on March 16, the 21st and one other similar attempt either on the 21st or another day between the 16th through the 21st. NJugo disappeared on the 18th, correct?

NJugo's wipers were in the up position and her drivers license was found with her clothes by the shore. If she thought she was being pulled over she would have gotten her license out & ready. RR is said, in many of today's post to be from Long Beach....guess he moved to the shore. Also, Freeport is the area where he tried to abduct the woman...the reason for the current arrest. From mapping the distance between Freeport and Bayside it appears to be between 16 and 20 miles from Freeport to Bayside and NJugo.

Per FN's suggestion, I reluctantly looked at the Craigslist postings for Saturday the 18th. I saw so many crass ads and it wouldn't surprise me if RR posted a m4w ad for Saturday evening. I would like to know more about that white van. I hope NCPD is searching his computer for any attempts to hookup with providers or interested women.

Per FN's suggestion, I reluctantly looked at the Craigslist postings for Saturday the 18th. I saw so many crass ads and it wouldn't surprise me if RR posted a m4w ad for Saturday evening. I would like to know more about that white van. I hope NCPD is searching his computer for any attempts to hookup with providers or interested women.

One article I read says they are searching three computers from the home. But didn't he contact them via phone?

One article said white van with brown panels - sorry, not sure which one!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back