GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Sasquatch.
That's a big beautiful and big hearted foot print you left with those roses. I know they will do just fine as we know they were placed with love.

You are welcome! Thank you for your kind words Caffeinejean! The roses were definitely placed with love, from me and all of you as well! I drove out there today and there is definitely new growth on the "Blue Girl" Tea Rose. The smaller roses have green stems, but no buds or new growth yet. I took La Louve's advice and clipped off the dead ends of the stems. La Louve will have to see if I clipped them correctly, when she takes a trip out there sometime. :smile: I have been keeping Whitney's family up to date with photos of the roses, dated from last November up until my most recent photos. I hope this spring I can send them photos of some fresh blooms!

On Thursday, March 28th, the weather was beautiful and the weather forecast called for more sunny days over this weekend. Some people celebrate this Thursday as Maundy Thursday and some celebrate it in Germany as Green Thursday. Some folklore stories mention that this is the day, that if you plant flowers, you will get a lot of growth and different colors. Either way, I felt that it was a great day to place the "Blue Girl" purple bare-root rose into the ground and add more silk purple and white Tulips to Whitney's Memorial Site.

I looked at the Google images of Roslyn Lake that were taken in August, and it does show that some of the grass stays green during the hotter months. This leads me to believe that this area's soil does have a water source throughout the year. I wanted to get the "Blue Girl" rose into the ground, so that it would establish the roots in a permanent spot. It had rained for the past week, so the rose was able to have constant water and the ground was moist enough to dig a hole into it. I felt that the clay pot filled with rocks might also act as a container to hold moisture, that the ground can draw from in the drier months. It has two drain holes in the bottom and the insides and bottom are unglazed clay. I did read that in ancient times that clay pots were put into the soil as a form of irrigation to help maintain moisture.

I made it to Roslyn Lake at around 3:30pm. The sun was shining and the grove of trees casted its shadow on to the turn-around. I placed the "Blue Girl" purple rose into the ground then placed the clay pot a little East of the two roses. I placed it into the ground a few inches, then added rock, three pieces of outdoor styrofoam and five bouquets of silk purple and white Tulips. One bouquet for each month, since the time Whitney was taken from us!

As I finished up placing the cedar mulch back over the little memorial garden, the sun broke through the trees and shined right on to the pot with the silk purple Tulips. I would have to say that this was a good sign of a blessing, for the purple Tulips!:smile: Purple Tulips were one of Whitney's favorite flowers. I had to turn my flash off of my camera, because the sun was drowning out the photo of the tulips. You can see in the first photo that I used the flash and it lit up the cedar bark dust. On the other photos, I took the flash off and you can see the sun lighting up the Purple Tulips and a bit of the "Blue Girl" rose cane. As I was standing behind the power pole, I noticed that someone had carved a heart with their initials "CM". The message read "I Love U Whit" inside of the heart.

It turned out to be a great afternoon. The little flower memorial turned out nice, the sun came down on to the tulips and I got to read a message that someone left for Whitney that I hadn't seen before. I could hear nature alive all around the area. I said a little prayer for Whitney and then went on my way!

Here is a photo using the flash. The flash brightens up the entire ground.
DSC00083copy_zps8cb4533d.jpg

Memorial Garden without flash. The sun is shining onto the Purple Tulips!
DSC00078copy_zps4709906a.jpg

DSC00096copy_zpsf73ed8fb.jpg

DSC00085copy_zpsaf25e7df.jpg

DSC00087copy_zpsd8a837c1.jpg

DSC00121copy_zpscece482f.jpg

Somebody carved on the back of the power pole "I Love U Whit" with initials "CM"
DSC00079copy_zps6baa439f.jpg

There is a new hearing scheduled for Jonathan Holt, on Friday-April 12th at 9AM, at the Clackamas County Courthouse!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oregon State Of/Holt Jonathan Daniel CLA 4/12/13 9:00A COURTROOM 5 CR1201726 Hearing

Oregon State Of/Holt Jonathan Daniel CLA 5/13/13 8:30A COURTROOM 5 CR1201726 Hearing Status Check

Oregon State Of/Holt Jonathan Daniel MCR 5/16/13 9:15A N208 NON-CUSTODY 121235546 Hearing Further
Proceedings

http://courts.oregon.gov/OJD/pages/courtcalsearch.aspx

Just catching up here and Sasquatch, the flowers are beautiful! You did a great job with all of that work and you are so sweet to do that for all of us in memory of Whitney.

I haven't made it out there yet but from the photos everything looks fine. If I can get out there soon I will do a bit more pruning but if not I think it'll be just fine. Roses are pretty tough, which is probably why humans have grown them for over 2000 years :)

Just catching up here and Sasquatch, the flowers are beautiful! You did a great job with all of that work and you are so sweet to do that for all of us in memory of Whitney.

I haven't made it out there yet but from the photos everything looks fine. If I can get out there soon I will do a bit more pruning but if not I think it'll be just fine. Roses are pretty tough, which is probably why humans have grown them for over 2000 years :)

You are welcome! Thank you La Louve! I always appreciate your great advice. I look forward to watching the roses bloom, and getting a chance to send Whitney's family updated photos. You are right, it is time to let Mother Nature do her part. I will try to post updated photos these next few months, as the roses continue to grow!

It looks so well loved and tended Sasquatch.

It will be so nice to see everything bloom wont it?

Thanks for all you are doing.

Whitney's was my first case I followed at Websleuths and I must say how bittersweet it is in a way that everyone who loved Whitney has the knowledge of where her last moments were and especially, that she was found and brought home.

It seems so many families are not even afforded that grace, and it's just heartbreaking.

There is a new hearing scheduled for Jonathan Holt, on Friday-April 12th at 9AM, at the Clackamas County Courthouse!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oregon State Of/Holt Jonathan Daniel CLA 4/12/13 9:00A COURTROOM 5 CR1201726 Hearing

Oregon State Of/Holt Jonathan Daniel CLA 5/13/13 8:30A COURTROOM 5 CR1201726 Hearing Status Check

Oregon State Of/Holt Jonathan Daniel MCR 5/16/13 9:15A N208 NON-CUSTODY 121235546 Hearing Further
Proceedings

http://courts.oregon.gov/OJD/pages/courtcalsearch.aspx

What do you think... plea or another postponement request?
I think each side gets about 3 times to move forward hearings and trials.

For now, I guess we can only wait and see what gives. :coffeews:

Thanks again Sas....for all your hard work. Whitney's family will surely appreciate your kindness as we all do!

It looks so well loved and tended Sasquatch.

It will be so nice to see everything bloom wont it?

Thanks for all you are doing.

You are welcome! Thank you Glow! I do look forward to seeing the colors of the blooms, as well! With some good soil, water, sun and all of our good wishes, they should turn out just fine! :)

Whitney's was my first case I followed at Websleuths and I must say how bittersweet it is in a way that everyone who loved Whitney has the knowledge of where her last moments were and especially, that she was found and brought home.
It seems so many families are not even afforded that grace, and it's just heartbreaking.

Beautifully said La Louve! I do think it is very difficult for any family to start the healing process, without knowing where their loved one is and what happened to them. A lot of us who followed the Brooke Wilberger case in Corvallis, Oregon, remember that her family had to wait 5 years before Joel Courtney told them where her body was. He only released the whereabouts of Brooke's body, during a Plea Deal to avoid the Death Penalty. ABC News mentioned that "Brooke's mom, Cammy Wilberger, visibly moved as she spoke at a news conference in Corvallis, Ore., said that after five years of not knowing where her daughter was, "We just want to strengthen our family and go on with our life."

Like you had mentioned, that some families do not get a chance to ever know where their loved one is and know what ever happened to them. I could not even imagine these kind of open wounds, that could not even begin to heal without knowing.

You are right, Whitney's family and loved ones are fortunate to have this sense of closure of at least knowing what happened and that she was laid to rest properly.

What do you think... plea or another postponement request?
I think each side gets about 3 times to move forward hearings and trials.

For now, I guess we can only wait and see what gives. :coffeews:

Thanks again Sas....for all your hard work. Whitney's family will surely appreciate your kindness as we all do!

You are welcome! Thank you Caffeinejean! We all work great as a team and I am proud to be working with all of you!

I wish that I knew exactly what the hearing date means, but we can only guess. IMO the April 12th date might possibly be a Plea Deal because the hearing is in Clackamas County. If they were going to postpone a date, the Hearing Status Check would be where they would show the Judge their reasoning behind extending any further dates. Even if a Plea Deal is presented, a Judge would have to approve it. A District Attorney can only make a recommendation for a sentence, but a Judge ultimately would make the call. If the Judge gives a longer sentence than what is recommended in the Plea Deal, then I believe JH could appeal and would still maintain the right to continue on with a jury trial. So there are a lot of possibilities, but I would keep my eyes on what might transpire from that hearing. In my opinion it does sound important.

Hi all,

I had some extra time this morning before I had to be on the east side of Portland so I packed up my wellies and some gardening gear and drove out to Roslyn Lake to tend to "Whitney's Garden", as I have begun to think of it.

It's been raining for a few days now (lots of puddles and standing water) and it was raining hard on my drive. It took me a couple wrong turns and a map-check on my droid, but I finally found it. Before I did though, I drove through Dodge Park and there was a large group of people (40-50, I'd say) who appeared to be training on how to kayak through the Sandy River rapids. I was surprised at how busy the park was with many people out fishing as well. The river was pretty high, with spring runoff.

The garden itself looks good. Everything in good shape and being respected. I did pick up a little trash, mainly cans, and pulled a few dandelions that were coming up through the bark dust.

Sasquatch, the large rose you planted is doing well and has several inches of new growth coming from the canes. It seems happy. I pruned the miniature rose a bit, just taking off some of the ends that were brown and dead. I think it too will do just fine. As you can see in the photos, there is a drainage pipe that comes out near the pole, from the other side of the road. I think that will supply a good source of moisture come summer.

One of the things Whitney and I have in common is our love of purple flowers. I grow lavender roses, plus pansies, violets and forget-me-nots in my garden and I love how easily they spread and give bright bluish spots of color in an awakening spring garden. So today I brought two big pots of forget-me nots and two different types of violets, just divisions I took out of my garden a while back. I put some of the forget-me-nots next to the pole and some to the one end of the garden by the blue ceramic pot. I put some of the violets near each of those places too, plus some at the other end by the little rose.

Finally, I added a tea light and sang a chant as I lit it and walked around the garden three times. The candle had previously been lit off the sacred Flame of Peace from the ruins of St Brigid's Cathedral in Kildare, Ireland. Whatever candle is lit off of it, will now carry that same Flame of Peace. The chant I learned in Ireland, about the Goddess Brigid, who among other things heralds the approach of Spring:

Holy Water, Sacred Flame
Brigid We Invoke Your Name
Bless My Hands, My Head, My Heart
Source of Healing, Song and Art

I then spoke a few words out loud to Whitney's spirit, and claimed the space as sacred to her memory. My blessing ritual complete, the flame was doused by the cleansing rain.

It's a beautiful place and I am so glad we are helping to reclaim it as a place that remembers Whitney's beauty and grace of spirit. Hopefully it will give peace to all who visit.

I'll be adding more photos as I upload them from my phone.

Attachments

• 2013-04-06_13-49-40_644.jpg
    2013-04-06_13-49-40_644.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 22
  • 2013-04-06_13-49-48_231.jpg
    2013-04-06_13-49-48_231.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 2013-04-06_13-49-57_839.jpg
    2013-04-06_13-49-57_839.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 2013-04-06_13-50-13_852.jpg
    2013-04-06_13-50-13_852.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 2013-04-06_13-50-23_946.jpg
    2013-04-06_13-50-23_946.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 17
I took a quick drive out to Roslyn Lake today! The "Blue Girl Rose" is growing just fine. It was raining on and off on the drive out there. The rain stopped about the time that I reached the South end of Roslyn Lake on Thomas Road. I had just pulled up to the power pole, when a herd of Elk started running across the road. There was about 15 to 20 Elk running on the East treeline, heading North to South. They ran from the Roslyn Lake treeline, jumped the fence and headed South into the grove of fir trees. What a beautiful site. Most of the Elk were female, and toward the end of the line was a younger buck and an older one with a large rack on his head. I didn't have time to even pull my camera out and take a picture. I have never even seen Elk near Sandy, only near the Oregon Coast. I wish that I was outside of my vehicle to hear them run by. What a nice surprise on my drive out there today!

Here is the photo showing some of the growth on the "Blue Girl Rose"

DSC00134_zps8c32dccf.jpg

last two photos

Attachments

• 2013-04-06_13-50-29_322.jpg
    2013-04-06_13-50-29_322.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 2013-04-06_13-55-20_613.jpg
    2013-04-06_13-55-20_613.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 15
I took a quick drive out to Roslyn Lake today! The "Blue Girl Rose" is growing just fine. It was raining on and off on the drive out there. The rain stopped about the time that I reached the South end of Roslyn Lake on Thomas Road. I had just pulled up to the power pole, when a herd of Elk started running across the road. There was about 15 to 20 Elk running on the East treeline, heading North to South. They ran from the Roslyn Lake treeline, jumped the fence and headed South into the grove of fir trees. What a beautiful site. Most of the Elk were female, and toward the end of the line was a younger buck and an older one with a large rack on his head. I didn't have time to even pull my camera out and take a picture. I have never even seen Elk near Sandy, only near the Oregon Coast. I wish that I was outside of my vehicle to hear them run by. What a nice surprise on my drive out there today!

Here is the photo showing some of the growth on the "Blue Girl Rose"

<snipped for space>

That's great we were both moved to drive out there today. And lucky you with a visit from Elk!

And I should clarify that while I drove out there this morning, I didn't find it the first time, so I came back in the early afternoon and with the help of maps posted on Websleuths I was able to find it. :)

Hi all,

I had some extra time this morning before I had to be on the east side of Portland so I packed up my wellies and some gardening gear and drove out to Roslyn Lake to tend to "Whitney's Garden", as I have begun to think of it.

It's been raining for a few days now (lots of puddles and standing water) and it was raining hard on my drive. It took me a couple wrong turns and a map-check on my droid, but I finally found it. Before I did though, I drove through Dodge Park and there was a large group of people (40-50, I'd say) who appeared to be training on how to kayak through the Sandy River rapids. I was surprised at how busy the park was with many people out fishing as well. The river was pretty high, with spring runoff.

The garden itself looks good. Everything in good shape and being respected. I did pick up a little trash, mainly cans, and pulled a few dandelions that were coming up through the bark dust.

Sasquatch, the large rose you planted is doing well and has several inches of new growth coming from the canes. It seems happy. I pruned the miniature rose a bit, just taking off some of the ends that were brown and dead. I think it too will do just fine. As you can see in the photos, there is a drainage pipe that comes out near the pole, from the other side of the road. I think that will supply a good source of moisture come summer.

One of the things Whitney and I have in common is our love of purple flowers. I grow lavender roses, pansies, violets and forget-me-nots in my garden and I love how easily they spread and give bright bluish spots of color in an awakening early spring garden. So today I brought two big pots of forget-me nots and two different types of violets, just divisions I took out of my garden a while back. I put some of the forget-me-nots next to the pole and some to the one end of the garden by the blue ceramic pot. I put some of the violets near each of those places too, plus some at the other end by the little rose.

Finally, I added a tea light and sang a chant as I lit it and walked around the garden three times. The candle had previously been lit off the sacred Flame of Peace from the ruins of St Brigid's Cathedral in Kildare, Ireland. Whatever candle is lit off of it, will now carry that same Flame of Peace. The chant I learned in Ireland, about the Goddess Brigid, who among other things heralds the approach of Spring:

Holy Water, Sacred Flame

I then spoke a few words out loud to Whitney's spirit, and claimed the space as sacred to her memory. My blessing ritual complete, the flame was doused by the cleansing rain.

It's a beautiful place and I am so glad we are helping to reclaim it as a place that remembers Whitney's beauty and grace of spirit. Hopefully it will give peace to all who visit.

Wow La Louve! I can't believe we both went out there today, and posted on WS about the same time! You have such a Big Heart! Thank you for going out there today! I was there around 11:30am today. Yes, the herd of Elk was an amazing site. There seemed to be a lot of energy around Roslyn Lake today!

That was very kind of you to plant those flowers, light the candle and do a blessing ritual! It was also very kind of you to trim back the miniature roses. I was a bit worried about those, but now I feel better that you have trimmed them and looked at them. I had no idea what to think of the roses condition after I left there today, because of my lack of rose growing experience. I bet that you have a beautiful flower garden at home, with all of your purple and beautiful flowers that you grow!

Thank you again La Louve for taking the time to go out there, and add more beauty to Whitney's Memorial Garden! I can't wait until later in the Spring, to see more growth and the roses and flowers blooming! I am sure that Whitney would be very happy with your Big Heart and all of your Kindess! Thank you also for the wonderful photos of the newly planted flowers, they look beautiful!

:tyou:

Wow La Louve! I can't believe we both went out there today, and posted on WS about the same time! You have such a Big Heart! Thank you for going out there today! I was there around 11:30am today. Yes, the herd of Elk was an amazing site. There seemed to be a lot of energy around Roslyn Lake today!

That was very kind of you to plant those flowers, light the candle and do a blessing ritual! It was also very kind of you to trim back the miniature roses. I was a bit worried about those, but now I feel better that you have trimmed them and looked at them. I had no idea what to think of the roses condition after I left there today, because of my lack of rose growing experience. I bet that you have a beautiful flower garden at home, with all of your purple and beautiful flowers that you grow!

Thank you again La Louve for taking the time to go out there, and add more beauty to Whitney's Memorial Garden! I can't wait until later in the Spring, to see more growth and the roses and flowers blooming! I am sure that Whitney would be very happy with your Big Heart and all of your Kindess! Thank you also for the wonderful photos of the newly planted flowers, they look beautiful!

Thank you, Sasquatch & LaLouve, for tending Whitney's Garden! Such a wonderful gesture.

BBM

There did seem to be a lot of energy out there! I thought maybe it was just normally that way, since it was my first time. It's a lot more inhabited than I imagined it, with more houses, and cars coming and going. I think while I was there at the garden at least three cars went by.

And thank you for all your nice compliments. Honestly, you and your photos (those lavender orbs!) were my inspiration to make a trip out there. And then when I knew there was some actual gardening to tend to, it made it all the more obvious I could make an actual contribution, beyond my ritual and energy clearing.

As a gardener, it's always a happy circumstance when I can thin out my flower beds and give the thinnings a new life, rather than send them straight to the compost heap :) I'm looking forward to seeing how it will all look in a few months when the roses are blooming.

Thank you, Sasquatch & LaLouve, for tending Whitney's Garden! Such a wonderful gesture.

You're so welcome Tennlyn. It really felt like I was bringing you all with me.

Hi all,

One of the things Whitney and I have in common is our love of purple flowers. I grow lavender roses, plus pansies, violets and forget-me-nots in my garden and I love how easily they spread and give bright bluish spots of color in an awakening spring garden. So today I brought two big pots of forget-me nots and two different types of violets, just divisions I took out of my garden a while back. I put some of the forget-me-nots next to the pole and some to the one end of the garden by the blue ceramic pot. I put some of the violets near each of those places too, plus some at the other end by the little rose.

Holy Water, Sacred Flame

La Louve thank you so much for doing this it is wonderful to have such kind members like you and Sasquatch here on Websleuths.

La Louve thank you so much for doing this it is wonderful to have such kind members like you and Sasquatch here on Websleuths.

Hellooooo Glasgow!!!!! Love your city GregJRichards :)

You're welcome, and thank you right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419