SC SC - Dail Dinwiddie, 23, Columbia, 24 Sep 1992

JerseyGirl said:
In pretrial hearings, Rivera has admitted he raped and killed four young women beginning in 1999 in the Augusta, Ga., area. His attorney is defending him on the grounds of mental illness.

Around the time of Dail's disappearance, the now 38-year-old Rivera lived in Columbia and was a student at USC. Investigators interviewed Rivera but could find no link. Rivera had left a suicide note listing his victims, Chambers says, and denied any involvement with Dinwiddie (or Paula Merchant).

GreenvilleOnline.com - For parents of missing daughter, time passes but hope remains
the way dail would have probably walked from jungles's to her parents house is scary to think about. especially if she shortcutted off the main roads. i tried to take a shortcut after leaving a tanning be in 5 points and i almost started crying in my car i was so freaked out. there is definately a rough neighborhood behind 5 points.

carolina said:
i tried to take a shortcut after leaving a tanning be in 5 points and i almost started crying in my car i was so freaked out.
How awful! Imagine actually being able to walk or drive anywhere you want to, day or night, without fear of sexual assault or death? I don't even want to think about this poor girl taking that walk by herself if you were so frightened just driving there. Of course, that was ten years ago but the literature out there definitely makes it sound as if it wasn't a safe area back then either.

I was a senior at the University of South Carolina when Dail disappeared. It was the night of the U2 concert. I had tickets, but had to miss it b/c I forgot I had a test the next day and had to study. I would have been at Jungle Jims that night...

CuriousAnne said:
I was a senior at the University of South Carolina when Dail disappeared. It was the night of the U2 concert. I had tickets, but had to miss it b/c I forgot I had a test the next day and had to study. I would have been at Jungle Jims that night...
Wow, that's really bizarre.

BTW, have you ever seen U2? It's almost impossible to get tickets now so I'd be kicking myself if I gave up the chance so that I could study! :)

Nope, I've never seen U2. :(

I could see the stadium from my dorm room window, and could hear the concert as well...studying was definately difficult!

last night on our local evening news (WIS) the story viewers voted to learn more about was midlands missing people.

they did a nice story on shelton sanders who has been missing since 2001.

here is his link:http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3382468

it also gave all of dail's information and showed lots of pictures of her and her family.

dail is missed so much in our community and it is long past time for someone to come forward!

carolina said:
dail is missed so much in our community and it is long past time for someone to come forward!
It's so great that her story was on again. I think that's so important. Maybe by showing her story every so often, someone will eventually call LE with some information.

almost another year has gone by but we have not forgotten about you dail!

prayers dail will come home soon as she is very very much missed.

we haven't stopped missing you dail!! and we haven't forgotten.

http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/mpccn/dinwiddie.html

Dail Boxley Dinwiddie

Disappeared September 24, 1992

Vital Statistics:
Date of Birth: April 12, 1969
Height and weight:5'0, 96 pounds
Distinguishing characteristics:Light brown hair with blonde highlights, brown eyes. She had facial dimples. One finger on each of Dinwiddie's hands is disabled.
Last seen wearing a long sleeved olive green, a bright blue L.L. bean jacket tied around her waste, jeans and new white running shoes or brown boots.

Dail attended a U2 concert in Columbia South Carolina on the night of her disappearance. Her and some friends went to a bar called Jungle Jims, a club in the Five Points area of Columbia. She didn't live very far from this club, they say a long walk, but doable. She took off on foot from this bar and was never seen again.

Thanks for creating a thread for Dail, Hollow! For some reason I thought there already was one.

i have really become obsessed with this mystery, I feel as though she really had a bright future ahead of her, as is the case with alot of missing people and victims of crime. It's so sad that this happened.

She was also so tiny, you'd think it would be obvious it was her if they had found her unidentified somewhere, she might even be mistaken as a child.

Thanks Lisag, I just read the whole other thread. It's really strange because I searched her name before I started this and it didn't come up, I wonder if I type-o'd???:angel:

Another bump for Dail. I have an unconfirmed source that may know something about this case. He was at USC and knew her informally. I'll let you know if he has any info regarding the case...it may be nothing so I don't want to get anyone's hopes up. God Bless Dail and her family.

I am still working on this lead. I cannot imagine what her family is going through!It may be nothing but I hope we get something//////////Bumping for Dail! God Bless her family!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back