weekend break: discuss the latest here #124

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously...who the eff started that bs ...??? I was trying like hell to get those rumors ignored last night....there is no way Phil would sacrafice is failing career by siding with JA.

Effin trolls....give them an inch and a dictionary, and they will take a mile...

Moo.

See you on Monday. I'm going on time out.

I don't know who started all the rumors about paying for daily notes, etc...

BUT

HLN noticed a familiar name on the defendant's jail visitor logs and reported it.
It was a former HLN producer who is now one of Dr. Phil's producers, who has visited the defendant three times in jail this year.

I heard that myself, the other day.

ETA: They didn't show the actual logs, themselves
This screen shot was taken Friday, April 5 at 5:38:02pm EST
"Logs reveal who has visited her in jail"

Wish I could talk to Darryl's ex. She must've met Jodi. It's common for mothers to have concerns about who their children will be exposed to, under custody arrangement, at dad's house. Can they trust this person with their child? It's actually quite frightening, in this case, and bet his son's mother had a fit when she found out Jodi had committed such a horrific crime.

Me too!! I bet his ex is part of the reason he testified incognito. I thought it was very telling when DB was asked if JA acted the role of stepmother when his son was at their house and his response was a quick NO. Equally speedy was the response that no she didn't really spend time alone with him. Lucky for DB his son is a little older and can make his wishes known and take care of himself because :what:if he was small and I were his ex I'd be going ballistic.

I have theories about Naps.....I'm a K9 trainer (well...slave :)....but would hate to give ideas away to the DT groupies that read here...

The state has it covered anyway-- we are good.

Justice for Travis and family...

And please remember. This is a public forum--many annon readers .....

Moo.

Why don't you PM your nap theory, Segue? That's like dangling a nice delicious ham out your window and expecting the Grizzly to stay out of the yard. Come on now, give!

She would not have planned this and driven more than 1,000 miles just to find that he was out of town. No way.

She knew he was there. Somehow, she knew he was there.

Gus Scercy knew his schedule and Travis was to of been in a call with him sometime in there.

First, she was always sneaking into his home and peeking through his windows. And second, Jodi made Travis believe that she was leaving and then snuck back in and surprised him in while he was in the shower.

Why would she leave and hope he stays in the shower 11 minutes? Why risk leaving and coming back and being seen by roommates or neighbors?

IMO she hid a knife in the bathroom and "surprised" him when she pulled it out and began stabbing him.

JMO

From Dr Phil:

Dr. Phil
8 minutes ago
Been reading some rumors that we are paying for Arias family housing etc... Absolutely untrue. I have never met the Arias family, and neither I -- nor my production company -- has paid or promised them anything. Robin and I are praying for the Alexander family.

Well that does shock me. Really, it does...considering what he did with the CA family.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I had a feeling that SA was sitting in the courtroom every day less for support for her daughter and more as a benefit for herself. I thought she was keeping those notes for a book she planned on writing. Finding out she was paid for those notes in no surprise to me. Personally, I think she is glad her daughter is in jail and prays she never gets out. As I've said before, JA has tasted blood now and she likes it. If she had her druthers then Travis would not be her only victim.

I've always thought she's there sitting vigil, like you would at a comatose loved ones death bed. She's not there so much for JA I agree, but to make peace so she can let go when the time comes. Once this is over and she leaves for home, JA will pretty much be on her own and her family will struggle to regain some form of normalcy in CA.

There is a line of inquiry in psychology (esp the Jungian branch) that examines the role and function of fairy tales in children's lives. Bruno Bettelheim's "The Uses of Enchantment" is an example; Marion Woodman's works also rely heavily on these themes.

<respectfully & jealously snipped by borndem>

Just had to say, ynot, that this is a very fine write-up and analysis. I wish it were mine. If the view that you expressed above is what ALV wanted to get across, well she failed miserably. But I don't think that the message of your post is anywhere near where she is.

She was (or would have been -- I don't know when she carved her niche in women's efforts) prolly a help to all women, especially battered women, back in the early years in the 70's, but we have moved along some since then. She seems to speak from a more black/white era (such as, no wonder she was raped, look what she wore; it is my duty to serve my husband and never to say no to his demands or needs; no, I don't know for whom I will vote -- I have to talk to my husband 1st; or, I'm glad he makes all the decisions, I'm not that smart and it's not my place; etc.).

Anyway, your post was well-done, and I was glad to see it in here. Thanks.

I had a feeling that SA was sitting in the courtroom every day less for support for her daughter and more as a benefit for herself. I thought she was keeping those notes for a book she planned on writing. Finding out she was paid for those notes in no surprise to me. Personally, I think she is glad her daughter is in jail and prays she never gets out. As I've said before, JA has tasted blood now and she likes it. If she had her druthers then Travis would not be her only victim.

She armed herself again and had no qualms about shooting another human being.

I think her actions after the murder are just as important as before in her diagnosis. And yet none of that was even discussesd by AL. Am I the only one that thinks that is weird. Makes her diagnosis incomplete as far as I am concerned. jmo

Two things about me: I am a scientist and I am 100% against the death penalty. I agree totally the science itself is more than enough to convince me and much to my surprise, I would not have any angst over a death sentence as I would for any other case.

ElmoMom I too am against the death penalty. The way it is used in some murders and not in others is wrong. I too thought I could administer the lethal dose to her because I've never felt such intense hate for another person, ever. I'd be happy if she got LWOP with an 8X10 cell, no roommate, no access to books, no access to pens, pencils or papers, 1 hour a day in the yard, alone, and a shower every 3 days. Oh, and no access to the prison store for sweets and lotions etc etc yuck!

Well, this won't happen and since I don't want her to have any sort of an "okay" life I'm back to the DP. With men being the majority on that jury I think they could go either way. For them it may come down to how much she's pissed them off and wasted their time. As long as this trial GETS to the jury and REACHES a verdict I'll be at peace. As Travis is now and as I pray his family will be soon.

KandyKane said:
How could she not know the camera was in there when the camera was in the hall and the few items of clothing that were all that was part of that wash load were in the bedroom? She HAD to know that camera was part of the wash load just in gathering up the things to put in the washer. There were so few items in there with the camera she had to have seen it in the washer before dumping in the bleach and soap and starting the machine.

I don't think she was in a frenzy at all after the murder. She was meticulous and calculating in what she did... trying to clean the floor, washing off Travis's body she dragged back to the shower, washing herself either in the tub or one of the downstairs bathrooms, stripping the bed and washing all the linens, deleting all the photos from the camera one by one, gathering up the clothes he wore that day that could have her DNA on them and the camera that was in a separate place, putting them all in the wash and dumping in bleach with them (the wash load of linens hadn't been washed with bleach), gathering up the murder weapons and all her other stuff to leave the house, etc. And all that time she was playing Beat the Clock to get out of there before the roommate got home.

She put the camera in the washer on purpose... there was no other reason to delete the photos and wash it other than to make it look like an innocent camera that she would have meant to put back into its case but she ran out of time. She probably did end up leaving before that wash cycle with the camera was finished because of running out of time. But the camera was in a different place than the other items that were in that wash load, and there were so few items in that wash load she couldn't have missed seeing or feeling the camera.

There was no other reason to delete the photos one by one than the intent to leave the camera behind, and if she intended to leave it behind than it would need to be cleaned of blood and fingerprints and the memory card destroyed. She had less than half an hour to do everything she did to try to erase herself from the crime scene, clean up her own self and change clothes, and get out of the house before the roommate got home, and to use part of that time to delete all the photos means she didn't intend to bring it with her. His camera being the only thing missing from the house would have pointed the finger at her. Had she had a little more time she would have removed everything from that wash cycle, made up the bed with the clean bed linens and put the pristine camera back in its case.

In hindsight, it would have been smarter to take the camera and a few other items, trash up his room a bit and make it look like a break in, but she wasn't thinking along those lines. She was only trying to erase herself from the scene by getting rid of her fingerprints and DNA from the scene along with the incriminating evidence of her at the scene because of having taken the photos and clean up herself so she could leave and not be noticed as having blood on her or her clothes while driving out of the area. All that she did after killing Travis was meticulous and calculating but she ran out of time before she could get the camara out of the washer and back in its case. Had she had the time to do that it's doubtful that LE would have thought to examine the camera or even notice it at all as something significant.

This post is the best argument I've heard for an accomplice. Just add "ran the dishwasher, locked up the dog, wiped down the bannister, cleaned the floor with the new cleaner, etc.

And all with a severely injured finger...she's a big baby when it comes to her own pain, remember she couldn't kill herself because the little cut she made on her wrist "hurt too much."

I don't think it's an argument for an accomplice at all, nor do I think there is even the slightest chance she had an accomplice. It was all Jodi, imo.

Where is there any indication anyone other than Travis assembled his new floor cleaner and put furniture on top of the sofa getting ready to clean the floor? Where is there any indication JA did the first load of laundry from TA's bed and not TA himself?

KandyKane
makes a good argument for JA deliberately leaving the camera in the washing machine, that there would have been no need to waste time deleting the photos from the camera if she was going to take it with her. Never thought about that before but it makes sense. It's also true there were relatively few other items in the washing machine. So I agree the reason for putting it through the wash cycle was to remove all traces of blood.

Novice Seeker said:
TexMex said:
IMO there is no way she leaves only to sneak back in...she stole a gun, dyed her hair, rented a car for $223, borwed gas cans...spent $100 on gas and turned off her cell phone.

She wouldn't leave. She's a "photographer" always documenting trips, his chicken dance etc. so asks him to pose for a few quick "Calvin Klein shower pics!" before she leaves. He agrees ad spends 11 minutes obviously posing while she doesn't even care how the pics look...she has him wet, naked, exposed and enclosed on three sides...she gets her weapon ready then stabs him in the chest.

First, she was always sneaking into his home and peeking through his windows. And second, Jodi made Travis believe that she was leaving and then snuck back in and surprised him in while he was in the shower.

Got to agree with TexMex here. Where has there been any suggestion that she left or he asked her to leave? Beyond JA testifying she put her luggage in her car sometime after 2 pm? She never said she actually left, did she? Second, how could he have voluntarily been taking a shower when there is no soap being used and the shower door was open the whole time as Prosecutor Martinez obviously believes, since he asked JA a direct question about it, which she answered in the affirmative?

In his opening statement, Prosecutor Martinez said JA attacked Travis in the shower because he was at his most vulnerable. She didn't happen on him in the shower by accident, she coaxed him there, as she admitted to Detective Flores while she was still claiming she had nothing to do with TA's death.

Why would she leave and hope he stays in the shower 11 minutes? Why risk leaving and coming back and being seen by roommates or neighbors?

IMO she hid a knife in the bathroom and "surprised" him when she pulled it out and began stabbing him.

JMO

I think she came back before he got in the shower. I said earlier I think she interrupted his cleaning. He showered after that. JMO.

IIRC, DB said that JA was never ever left alone with his son. I thought that was so odd. How do you live with a woman for 4 yrs, and never leave her alone with your kid?

I wonder what was up with that. It seems like she was pretty quick at walking away from a child who was in her life for so long. I would have been very attached. Seems like she had no problem cutting that tie.

He must have heard about the cat. Probably her idea of looking after his child would be to lock it in a room for two weeks with a supply of food?

Lol! I get the same from my boyfriend!

I always pull it (by accident) instead of the parking brake... So I had to learn how to raise it and re-close it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288