trial day 45: the defense continues its case in chief #137

Status
Not open for further replies.
From this point forward I will refer to Jodi Arias by her initials only, JA and I will refer to Travis as Travis to keep his memory alive and give him the dignity he deserves.

This is exactly what I do. I refuse to say or write her whole name. She doesn't deserve it.

:moo:

Great post. And right on the money imo. It wasn't about love with JA, it was about rejection.

She wanted what he had and she couldn't accept he was going to offer it to someone else. When she left for CA I believe she expected him to chase after her. She thought her sexual hold on him was such he would wake up and put a ring on it. She mentions in her interview with Flores that their calls and texts were becoming less frequent. Imo, somewhere in 05/2008 her rage grows to the point of making the decision to kill him. I don't know if it was because of Mimi, or his anger about whatever she did which led to the 05/26 text and im exchanges, or maybe something entirely different. Don't suppose we'll every know.
Wonder if it all started with his blog postings. He made it perfectly clear he was ready to find the right "someone". The postings started in April or thereabout (?), IIRC.

In total agreement. I'm very worried in fact. Juan needs to step up his game. Call character witnesses for rebuttal. FFS, call Deanna Reed!!!!!!!!!!! She denied on 48 hours (interview wasn't videotaped, but statements were released) that Travis ever physically abused her and they had a long-term relationship lasting 6 years.

Please don't misunderstand me. Juan Martinez is doing a great job. I'm not sure what you mean by "Juan needs to step up his game". Do you have a list of Juan's rebut witnesses already and accusing him of not calling the right types of rebut witnesses? If you do have the list, please do tell. :seeya:

Speaking of selling stuff - If the family of Travis files a civil suit for wrongful death, if all this junk is sold and paid for and delivered, I guess that's it, huh?
First of all, I doubt ANY of the defendant's "artwork" has truly been sold. There were many, many people who just bid the heck out of them as a joke. Not that I would ever do such a thing, but that was the rumor. If you look at the bidding history, people were messing with the Seller. :floorlaugh: Nothing sold. JMO.

Second, JA will be in prison for the rest of her life. So, the Alexander family doesn't have to file a civil suit. Again, JMO. And, after the jury questions today, I am sticking to it! JA is never, ever, ever getting out of prison!

I totally understand the "other" trial anxiety, but Juan Martinez is brilliant and has this case handled. There will be a guilty verdict. The jury questions today, after a DEFENSE expert, their last hope, without rebuttal, and closing, tells me the jury GETS IT! Have a little faith. :twocents: If I am wrong, I will never watch another trial again. I mean that! I was upset after the OJ trial, shattered after Caylee verdict. :cry: There will be Justice for Travis!

A complete rebuttal list cannot even be known by JM until he knows everything that needs to be rebutted.

I'm not surprised the Hughes have been added. Their names have come up quite a few times by ALV. She never even interviewed them did she?

The Hughes have been added?

Yeah, how pathetic of the defense team to not provide her with the journal entries form June 10th and onward. I'm certain that much of the bad stuff about Jodi has been filtered out by Willmot and Nurmi. This bad stuff would have shown to her how deceptive, crafty and manipulative Jodi is. Someone who can NOT be trusted unless there is a HD video to back up her side of the story.

Juan has a golden opportunity to butcher her on cross examine. I was very disappointed that he did not bring this up during his first cross, but now he has another shot. He can't blow it this time. Her post-June 4th journal entries challenge the credibility of the entire journal, especially the entries from May 26th to June 1st. All part of her coverup.

I don't think Juan blew it. I just think he didn't have the legal foundation needed to bring it in yet. Hopefully something will be said that will allow him to have it admitted into evidence.

I'm glad that in answering juror questions it becomes patently evident just how much Laviolette's assessment of Travis' alleged abuse is based on texts/e.mails.

Can you imagine how your own character might be assessed based on how you interact with people in electronic formats? To me, they are far too often the domain of exaggeration, mischaracterization, ambiguity, etc. to be taken as anything approaching a faithful represenation of character.

Talk about an embarrassingly tenuous argument to make in a murder trial. It is hard to tell at this point if she is simply a puppet of the defense or is genuinely this naive or delusional regarding domestic violence in general.

Whateve the case, it is truly a sorry state of affairs.

I asked my husband earlier, "since when is it a crime to keep your sexual life PRIVATE ?". The jury knows this but ALV insists that he is leading a double life because he keeps his sexual life private. She opened a big hole for JM to drive that truck thru IMO.....
I keep waiting for JM to point out that Travis didn't lead a "double" life - he led a "private" life. Big difference.

Ok....I watched the whole thing again...so much I missed the first time because I could not believe what she was saying.

Another thing I caught was the Alyce said when she first met Jodi, that Jodi thought she was NOT abused...but it was more give and take (equal power)...it was ALYCE that told Jodi she was abused. Alyce set up her defense...and then of course we all know she gave Jodi books so she could educate herself on Battered Woman's Syndrome.

This makes Alyce ever more responsible for the defense.

After the guilty verdict, nothing from JA can be sold. Son of Sam Law. I can't wait until JA, her "artwork" and her groupies go far, far, away..forever!

ETA: this was a response to DANA - not Linda. Someone broke the quote button. Ok..think it's fixed but will leave the ETA here, just in case.

I know, the quote thingy went haywire for a bit

I mainly posted that because I found it amusing that Ebay shut her down :)

BTW, Ebay shutting her down and her new website came straight from the horse's mouth via Donovan on twitter

After the guilty verdict, nothing from JA can be sold. Son of Sam Law. I can't wait until JA, her "artwork" and her groupies go far, far, away..forever!

When this case is over I hope the family files a wrongful death action against Jodi. No doubt they could easily win this.

NO KIDDING! So according to ALV's standards and definitions, because Travis didn't go trumpeting his intimate moments to all his friends, post it on facebook and announce it to the church, then he's leading and exhaustive, energy sapping DOUBLE LIFE.

Well then I guess I've been guilty of the same thing since I was 18. :what:

...how to tell my folks... :furious:

I am hoping there are some Catholics on the jury. Growing up Catholic, I learned to keep a few secrets, because imo, I could not actually follow ALL of the religious requirements. I doubt any of the congregation could. I saw quite a few other church goers at PLanned Parenthood. :angel:

I think any person who attends any church/temple/mosque has learned that they cannot always keep 100% adherent to the rules and regulations. So having ALV and JW label him as some sicko for leading a 'double life' is maddening.

Ok....I watched the whole thing again...so much I missed the first time because I could not believe what she was saying.

Another thing I caught was the Alyce said when she first met Jodi, that Jodi thought she was NOT abused...but it was more give and take (equal power)...it was ALYCE that told Jodi she was abused. Alyce set up her defense...and then of course we all know she gave Jodi books so she could educate herself on Battered Woman's Syndrome.

It was also Alyce that gave JA the idea or led her with "Didn't You Agree to Have Sex with Travis to QUELL His Anger?".....

Thanks for the energy to watch all that over again...

JMO, I heard some questions from the Jurors that might be good for the State, but I also heard some questions that I question.....We need ALL of these Jurors on the State's side. ALL of them. Do Not Over-Celebrate just yet, friends. We need Justice for Travis and we continue to hope and pray we get it.

Some of the questions do give me a little bit of doubt. But, there are currently 17 jurors and only 12 of them will be selected to deliberate. Some of the jurors asking iffy questions could end up as alternates.

Regardless, in my opinion, the jurors asking questions "pro-prosecution" (for lack of a better term) make stronger arguments, their views are more refined. And that tells me that when it's time to deliberate they'll back up their opinion and stand strong on what they believe.

However, we should not be counting our chickens before they hatch!

Best. day. ever.
As the Juror questions are being read,
I can imagine the other Jurors spraining every face muscle,
trying to contain the Oh. Em. Gee. mirth that must have been bouncing
around in their tired brains.
They must go back to their lounge and smile at each other..
wondering who had the cajonies to ask such wonderfully pointed questions.
Giving creative juice for tomorrows inquisition.

Were that I were an Arizona fly on a courtroom wall...

BBM

There is nothing wrong with them going to eat together. My dad was a defense attorney. We used to have his experts come to dinner quite often while they discussed cases. There is no conflict of interest or anything. These experts were hired by the DT and so they are going to have many meetings throughout the trial and before.

Wow, that must have made for some very interesting dinner conversations!

My ex-father-in-law was a Texas district judge years ago. I remember him telling me something about the serial killer Henry Lee Lucas. FIL had attended his trial here in Texas. I was young and there was no internet back then and did not know much about Lucas or any other criminals. But how I wish my ex-Fil was alive now so I could ask more questions about Lucas and other trials he has participated in. I am a true crime junkie now!

I actually thought this was the biggie of the day!

And I also remember that in the notes Juan had been given she said she asked Jodi if she used sex to calm Travis' anger. JUST WOW!!! Talk about leading!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member