trial day 47: the defense continues its case in chief #143

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the DT have any other witnesses? Would Juan's rebuttal start today if we ever get back in court?

I don't think so.

Bryan Neumeister is the "computer" expert that was recalled, not Donnie. A week ago it was reported that this "computer" expert was being called to verify the audio on the sex tape (per The State vs Jodi Arias facebook account). That was an error obviously but it does point to Bryan Neumeister as being the recalled witness since he did verify the audio of the sex earlier in the trial.

Ha did you hear when Juan was arguing his points about the mistrial issue? He said the defense was again wasting time and trying to put more money in their pocket? :clap:

You should have seen Wilmott and Nurmie's face. :eek:

My exact reaction to that was
images

:waiting: This predictable waiting and poor time management in ridiculous!

1315012492320166.jpg

WildAboutTrial ‏@WildAboutTrial 9m Feel like I am on layover at the airport here but without the bar. :(

Did she say 704? Or was it 702??????

It would be Federal Evidence Rule 704 but she might have also said 702. 702 goes hand in hand with the Daubert standard.

It was 702, I ""mis-spoke", a'la ALV. Oh, heck, I got it wrong :blushing:

I think the only reason that Nurmi stuck his head out to call Brian into the court room was because Nurmi needed him, once again, to set up the laptop for playing CD's of Juan's interviews.

I think they are having this private hearing with ALV about some accusations that she has made, probably about Juan. JMO

So whatever ALV did it was a biggie. This is a long hearing.

Maybe, but then again ... everything takes a long time in this trial. Hell, we spent the entire morning trying to see a gummy bear drinking a pina colada in the blown up photo of Travis' eye.

Correct she wanted to do some more research on the matter. Specially committee comments on a local Evidence Rules.

The judge has to be so careful with her ruling. If she accepts the science involved and feels it is reliable science, she sets a legal precedent for future cases involving over-blown-up photo interpretation.

RULE 702. TESTIMONY BY EXPERT WITNESSES

A witness who is qualified as an expert by knowledge, skill, experience, training, or education may testify in the form of an opinion or otherwise if:

(a) the expert’s scientific, technical, or other specialized knowledge will help the trier of fact to understand the evidence or to determine a fact in issue;

(b) the testimony is based on sufficient facts or data;

(c) the testimony is the product of reliable principles and methods; and

(d) the expert has reliably applied the principles and methods to the facts of the case.

The only Possible way the Eye Guy gets in front of this jury would be (a) and even that's pushing it! So yeah, bye bye Eye Guy, we hardly knew 'ye

Ha did you hear when Juan was arguing his points about the mistrial issue? He said the defense was again wasting time and trying to put more money in their pocket? :clap:

You should have seen Wilmott and Nurmie's face. :eek:

Actually I think it was "pennies in their kettle". :great:

Two things.

There are over 104,000 views for today's thread!!!! Amazing!

Also, I was reading JA's tweets and I hadn't seen this one before. Apologies if it's been posted before, but here it is. Very interesting:

I'm very grateful that Gus Searcy had the courage to separate himself from the masses and stay true to his own convictions.

Yeah--I took that to mean that JA "serviced" Searcy in his "motor home" in Las Vegas. JMOO! She needed to thank him for that phone & (maybe) some $$$

Talkin' bout my guy the eye guy....
Sorry, couldn't resist. Kept hearing that song in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle