Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
In memory of Allison and for all that is good in the world....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 20
Sending good thoughts tonight to Allison and all who love her tonight...hoping for them to experience "good" grief and peace.

BreakingNews, I can't go on Sat either, so I went out there today instead.

I didn't see anyone out at the bridge. I so wished one of you were there with me. (mainly because I was a little bit scared by myself :what:)

I tied a yellow ribbon onto a pole. (just above the cross that is adorned with sunflowers) and walked around looking for clues.

I saw that pretty yellow ribbon when I went over the bridge early this morning and thought how special it was. I felt so strange driving over the bridge this morning, thinking this time last year, she was here all by herself and just starting crying.

May peace be with her parents and girls and other loved ones today, it is so so sad...

On this anniversary, with all our thoughts with Allison and her family, today would be a fitting day to hear an announcement on the trial date.
Wishful thinking I know.

Allioop,
Do you have any insight you can share as to why it is taking so long to set a trial date?
What are the processes after a committal hearing determines that a case needs to go to trial?

The matter is now in the hands of the Supreme Court for the trial having been sent there by the Magistrate in committing him for trial. There may be some procedural mentions first like leading up to the setting of the committal dates. I recall being at court several times to get matters set down for hearing/trials where the room is filled with lawyers and a judge has the court calendar and calls each matter and asks the lawyers for all parties how many days or weeks they need and when they are available and would allocate days in the calendar. The further you were down the line of the list the less days were available. I don't know if it is still done this way. Maybe long trials like this one where there are lots of witnesses will be given dates at a separate mention.

I think it will be a while yet, maybe 3 months or longer before a date is set. A trial is not likely I think to be this year.

Thinking of Allison and her little girls today. It must be so hard for her family to conmemorate the first anniversary of her death. :(

Since this day last year, businesses have not been 'as usual'.
Lives have not been 'just normal'.
They never will. They are irrevocably changed.
There is no true justice for the taking of a life. But your murderer will be found out.

Your life touched so many. Your death even more.
Your suffering has brought together some unlikely acquaintances.
We are grateful for that but the cost was so dear.

We are still here Al, for you and your girls, and your family and friends.

He Will Be Found Out

@tennewsqld:
Allison Baden Clay's best friend tells how she misses her a year after her death. @tennewsqld

Twitter.

Edit.... Ten News forgot the hyphen.

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.

child's bedtime prayer - 18th century

Rest in Peace Allison.

Tonight I'm praying that the BC's are having a genuine sombre time for Allison, I sincerely am hoping there is true sadness & regret for what has happened, deep in their hearts.
Allison deserves utmost respect from this family not only today but forever.

To think one year ago Allison was under a bridge alone and very cold. This is too sad.
She deserves this family's respect.
Please......

Thinking about Allisons girls and sending them love and prayers

Be strong little princesses, Allisons little girls, each one of you,
We are praying that you will always remember , especially on days like this, when you are feeling down...Missing Mummy... is so painful, and it might help to never forget... Believe and receive her love as it is eternal and just for you.

If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together..
there is something you must always remember.
you are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.
but the most important thing is,
even if we're apart..
I'll always be with you.

Sweet dreams, hugs *advertiser censored*

BigApple
I saw that pretty yellow ribbon when I went over the bridge early this morning and thought how special it was. I felt so strange driving over the bridge this morning, thinking this time last year,
she was here all by herself and just starting crying.
May peace be with her parents and girls and other loved ones today, it is so so sad...[/quote]

BigApple , Oh , darn, bugger bum!
I wish I could wipe the pain and tears away for you. For everyone.
So sad sad sad. Hope your feeling better x

Dear Allison, I really want to thank you for gathering this amazing army of soldiers together to help you fight your battle for justice . This has helped many here to become stronger and braver. We are here till the end when all this trouble is over and the battle is won .only then will you truly find peace . The sooner the better . Thinking of you and your girls tonight ...love Chief ................well .....carry on comrades ....

Dear Allison, I really want to thank you for gathering this amazing army of soldiers together to help you fight your battle for justice . This has helped many here to become stronger and braver. We are here till the end when all this trouble is over and the battle is won .only then will you truly find peace . The sooner the better . Thinking of you and your girls tonight ...love Chief ................well .....carry on comrades ....

Chief, maybe we are Allison's soldiers.
Maybe Allison has brought us together for her to find her justice and catch the crooked thief who stole her life.

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.

child's bedtime prayer - 18th century

Rest in Peace Allison.

Thank you Flinders ....... Beautiful prayer ....... said by me and others many times; so simple and succinct.

I think about Allison often. It's so very sad to think about all of the innocent people whose lives have changed forever because of this...and I feel so sad for her that she had to endure what she did in her life. The Winnie the Pooh quote is very comforting, I think annecdotes like that would help her family in a small way. In the future, Kerry-Anne will no doubt be a strong link for Allison's daughters to get to 'know' their mum more, being such an old friend.

Thinking of the Dickies and the girls today.

Aunty, I saw your yellow ribbon on the pole on the news tonight. It looked nice thank you. The reporter was standing just in front of it. All the flowers looked lovely. Thank you to those who put them there and maintained them over the last 12 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa