Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #5 *SUSPECT APPREHENDED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how to link from earlier upstairs thread, but I'm copying and pasting what I referred to earlier...

"OMG:

Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys 1m
Suspect 2 is posting online, " I will kill all you as you killed my brother" - dispatcher
Thanks"

That was a fake twitter account Keys was quoting. It's since been removed

Right after 9/11 - the patriotism was bursting. We stood together as Americans. Proud of our people and our country.

What's happened? Why are there so many people that just don't care anymore?

JMHO

To me, this has nothing to do with being "proud" or anything about this country at all.

It's 2 dummies who decided to murder 4 people and injure many others. One is dead, one is caught. That's all it is.

This is nowhere near September 11 and nobody even knows for certain what their problem was. If it involves this country, it's probably 2% extremism and 98% self-serving mystery reason.

I noticed this myself, while driving today I noticed that the ONLY place with a flag at half staff was McDonald's ... the huge car dealership next door had the flag at full staff. The flag at the town traffic circle was also full staff as was the flag at Burger King.

I also just went to a bar to see if people were celebrating and it was just a usual normal Friday night out. None of the huge celebrations with people partying in the streets like when Bin Laden was killed. The night Bin Laden was killed there were people parading through the streets waving American flags and cheering. Tonight it's like the Boston bombing never happened. I admit Long Island was heavily impacted by 9/11 so perhaps that played a big role but come on our nation is hurting and people are "meh".

Why celebrate? The guy is an American citizen.

I noticed this myself, while driving today I noticed that the ONLY place with a flag at half staff was McDonald's ... the huge car dealership next door had the flag at full staff. The flag at the town traffic circle was also full staff as was the flag at Burger King.

I also just went to a bar to see if people were celebrating and it was just a usual normal Friday night out. None of the huge celebrations with people partying in the streets like when Bin Laden was killed. The night Bin Laden was killed there were people parading through the streets waving American flags and cheering. Tonight it's like the Boston bombing never happened. I admit Long Island was heavily impacted by 9/11 so perhaps that played a big role but come on our nation is hurting and people are "meh".

Bin Laden killed 3000 people. His terrorist attack led to us being involved in two wars and changed our lives forever. He was finally captured 10 years later. What the two brothers did was horrible but I can understand why DT's death didn't bring out the same celebration across the country as Bin Laden's did.

I don't know how you can say it's like the Boston bombing never happened when it's all over the news, all over the Internet, all over Twitter. Yeah, there are people going to bars but there are millions of people who have been glued to their TV/computer for the past 24 hours. I really don't think most Americans are just "meh" about this terrorist attack. Just because people aren't out celebrating doesn't mean people don't care.

Now that's this is over, there's something that I've observed and it really bothers me. Our flag.

The symbol of our country. I was raised in a family with a grandpa that raised and lowered the flag every day. He taught me all about it. How to fold it. And when the President ordered flags at half staff - you went out and lowered it.

Obama ordered all flags at half staff until tomorrow at sunset.

All over town this week, I've been noticing flags. Now this only applies to flags on poles that can be lowered. Stick flags don't count.

Very very very few that I've seen are lowered. Even where I work. We have 3 huge flag poles out on the street - I said something the other day and was told they can't lower them. Well, first I was told that it only applies to federal buildings. WRONG. When there is a Presidential order - it applies to all flags. Either way - today our flags are still all the way up the pole and it just bothers me. Its disrespectful. I work at a huge car lot - we have the lil American flags that you can put on your car windows - we have have 2 of them on every car - its truly a sight to see. Yet, they can't respect the symbol of our country, the victims of Boston, or the rules that go along with flying one.

Tonight I noticed that even our local chapter of the VFW doesn't have their flag at half staff. The big cemetary here - nope. The ball park down the street from me is the only one that's a half staff - and that's because its a local parent that goes down and lowers it. The fire department right next door - nope - still at the top of the pole.

Sorry for the rambling. But I just don't get it anymore. Right after 9/11 - the patriotism was bursting. We stood together as Americans. Proud of our people and our country.

What's happened? Why are there so many people that just don't care anymore?

JMHO
Thanks for mentioning this. I agree with you 100%. I noticed the huge car dealership in my town lowered their flag at half staff. I haven't noticed any other place of business following suit; however, a lot of the flags are on the short wooden poles. Of course, the post offices, LE and libraries are flying them at half staff because they usually have the standard flag poles. Love our American flag and what it stands for.

Okay, so riddle me this, according to the timeline I saw, they killed the MIT officer THEN carjacked that man. Why? Why did they kill the MIT officer? I heard he was ambushed while he sat in his car. Is that correct?

o/t - have my local news on and they have released the 911 calls for the West explosion. Heartbreaking. I felt it 70 miles away and it shook me up.

Didn't he say something like...You killed my brother now you all will die.

Maybe I'm being cynical but that hardly sounds like something someone would tweet who's bleeding profusely, in serious condition, and hiding under a boat tarp from the over 10,000 LE who are hunting him down.

Internet troll/hacker/fake account, my guess.

Re: blood loss, will his religion allow for blood donations/transfusions?
It seems confirmed that his brother was Muslim, has Suspect 2 been confirmed Muslim as well?

I believe only Jehovah witnesses believe in no blood transfusions. Haven't heard if that for Muslims. He has no will so if he's unconscious he'll get blood.

Mods, please let me know if I need to remove this link. It's to answer a question that is being asked right now.

Here is the twitter account I believe is fake.

https://twitter.com/Dzhokhar_A

yeah that's one of the fake ones....

I have a link to his real one if anyone needs it. kinda boring...lol no talk of jihad.. just a guy yaking with his buddies

btw you can tell it fake because it only began this morning... guy hiding in a boat bleeding to death after a shootout takes time to set up a new twitter account... haha

I hope it is ok to post this: From Jeff's FB Support page:

Jeff Bauman Jr. Support Page - Boston Victim
Wednesday
Jeff could really use some sail-mail as he recovers in the hospital! Please send your love to:

In care of Jen Joyce for Jeff Bauman
117 Tyngsboro Rd. Westford MA, 01886

OR

In care of Jen Joyce for Jeff Bauman
P.O. Box 261 Chelmsford MA

It's a weird feeling to think he ran over his own dead brother..............

We know stuff from downstairs which we cannot bring up here. But I know what you are saying.

but commissioner in Boston said that there were shots fired. So whatever.

I will leave it at that.
;)
Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I had the news on while listening downstairs and I know they said shots fired. That's why I kept/keep asking, who was shooting who before everyone got there? This is while they were scrambling to get there.

Was the deceased older brother who was married and has a daughter employed? How could he leave his family to go to Russia for 6 months? Wonder if the marriage was over? Where did the money come from? I bet there will be a money trail leading to more than we know right now.
I really feel terrible for that poor woman IF SHE IS NOT INVOLVED. I read somewhere else that she was living with her parents, so it was implied that they weren't together.

I hope the media doesn't hound her.

I believe only Jehovah witnesses believe in no blood transfusions. Haven't heard if that for Muslims. He has no will so if he's unconscious he'll get blood.

BBM

...and Christian Scientists. But I'm pretty sure that's not an issue. There are Hallal and Haram rules in Muslim belief systems, but I cannot claim to know much beyond a ban on pork products and the like

Fox reporting suspect is in "some sort of surgery."

most likely to patch up some internal bleeding, maybe remove a bullet (they dont always remove them though.)

to the other post about him walking out on his own, makes sense. remember some talk of "we have you surrounded, we know you're in there" right beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288