Decomposed Body found in Scurry Co.*3/16/13* - LE identified as being Hailey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nor does the family if they have already been informed, carbuff.

IF the family had been informed I have no doubts at all that it would have got out by now. Not just that I am pretty sure we would have seen some mugshot photos.

IF the family had been informed I have no doubts at all that it would have got out by now. Not just that I am pretty sure we would have seen some mugshot photos.

You may be right For The Kids.
There would have had to be irrefutable proof, found with the remains, to show who did what to her before an arrest of anyone.
I doubt there is that much to be found unless she was shot, stabbed or bludgeoned.

You may be right For The Kids.
There would have had to be irrefutable proof, found with the remains, to show who did what to her before an arrest of anyone.
I doubt there is that much to be found unless she was shot, stabbed or bludgeoned.

LE have always said once there is a body there will be arrests. I am quietly confident there will be arrests once the remains have been identified if it is indeed Hailey.

Considering Hailey is on the FBI missing/kidnapped page...among the handful on there compared to the hundreds of missing across the nation....wouldn't that give them a little more oompah to push the testing thru? Or is that wishful thinking? I mean, here are remains within the poi's range, in case under FBI jurisdiction.
Like, hello?

Have been patiently waiting and waiting and waiting.....patience is gone....anger and frustration are starting to brew.......enough is enough. If these remains are Hailey, LE has had more than enough time to get their investigation together it has been 2 years after all. If these remains are not Hailey's then for Gawds sakes let other families know....Geez!

If these remains haven't been tested yet, I fear it will be pushed back because of the explosion in West, Texas. There are over 40 people still missing and DNA may be the only way to identify them. MOO

If these remains haven't been tested yet, I fear it will be pushed back because of the explosion in West, Texas. There are over 40 people still missing and DNA may be the only way to identify them. MOO

Oh dear, that may be the case now for further delays. Such sad news about
that explosion.

Yes, I'm lurking here again, and waiting for answers, too.

:countsheep:

Have been patiently waiting and waiting and waiting.....patience is gone....anger and frustration are starting to brew.......enough is enough. If these remains are Hailey, LE has had more than enough time to get their investigation together it has been 2 years after all. If these remains are not Hailey's then for Gawds sakes let other families know....Geez!

They won't say anything until they have identified the remains, because there is nothing to say.

In all probability it is a Jane/John Doe, at least there is no obvious link to anyone known to be missing.

If they had good reason to believe that it was someone in particular, or if they had good reason to believe it was a homicide victim, they would accelerate DNA and other testing.

If they don't, then the testing would go at the back of the queue along with all of the other unknowns. Getting DNA doesn't help you if there is nothing to compare against.

We know that they have told the parents of at least one missing child that the remains weren't those of their son so we do know that work has been done on the remains. I may be wrong here but someone said there was like five missing people in the area. Well that's one counted for and if the remains are less than five years old like has been said then it isn't Jennifer Wilkerson either. Then you have what Curtis Lloyd is saying. Of course its possible that hes trying to trap Billie but if hes not( and with his job I don't believe hes going to just lie for attention) and it seems quite probable that it is indeed Hailey.

I think the only reason they haven't publically identified the remains is to get everything ready for arrests so it can be done at the same time.

LE have always said once there is a body there will be arrests. I am quietly confident there will be arrests once the remains have been identified if it is indeed Hailey.

Well, I have forgotten more than I ever knew about this case for sure, but I pray LE is right.
Hailey needs justice if this is her remains.
That's all I want. No matter who, or how many of them, are guilty of what happened.

Still following with all of you. I keep forgetting to hit that "Thanks" button but I so appreciate all the updates.

I feel like this surely must be Hailey but I'm surprised it's taking so long for results. I pray justice will be done. She was failed by so many in her life, if she's gone, I hope she can at least have that.

When the body was found last year, they ruled out Hailey within a week. The longer this goes on, I think it must be her.

Just because we are not hearing anything does not mean much. "Leaks" most often occur when they are needed to help the case. On something this closed mouthed, it often means they all already know.......and they are simply taking the time to dot the I's and cross the T's. We will all be happy they took the extra time to do that once the identity is released and somebody is charged. Nobody likes it when a killer slips through a loophole.
From personal experience I can say, that DNA testing to rule out remains as being those of our sister......never has taken more than a couple weeks.......that may not ALWAYS be the case for everybody.....I am simply saying in our experience.........so, the longer it goes that nobody is saying that she has been ruled out......the more it makes me think that they believe it to be her.....that is my own personal opinion......nothing more, and it could be way off. My heart is so with the families of missing children (Have they confirmed the remains are of a child?) waiting.........wondering........hoping as each day drags on and on.........

They won't say anything until they have identified the remains, because there is nothing to say.

In all probability it is a Jane/John Doe, at least there is no obvious link to anyone known to be missing.

If they had good reason to believe that it was someone in particular, or if they had good reason to believe it was a homicide victim, they would accelerate DNA and other testing.

If they don't, then the testing would go at the back of the queue along with all of the other unknowns. Getting DNA doesn't help you if there is nothing to compare against.

BBM. You must really think LE is incompetent because I would think, at the very least, LE would have taken Hailey's toothbrush, hairbrush etc. They also have BD's DNA and CDs DNA, so I would think the lab has plenty to compare against.

BBM. You must really think LE is incompetent because I would think, at the very least, LE would have taken Hailey's toothbrush, hairbrush etc. They also have BD's DNA and CDs DNA, so I would think the lab has plenty to compare against.

Texas rangers removed a hairbrush and lipgloss from haileys gym locker. Nope, I don't have a link. I was told by a school official who saw it happen. I have no reason not to believe this.

Texas rangers removed a hairbrush and lipgloss from haileys gym locker. Nope, I don't have a link. I was told by a school official who saw it happen. I have no reason not to believe this.

I hadnt heard that ,I believe it happened . However did they establish that it was Hailey's and not some friend of hers who stashed items in Hailey's locker?

My kid hasnt used her own locker in months she moved into a friends that made it easier for her to gossip in a different more interesting hallway. I probably would not be able to say if lipgloss found in her locker was hers or not . I might be able to ID a hairbrush but everyone shops at the same store and while brush styles change people tend to replace them at christmas ,in gift sets ,which are mass produced . I find brushes in my home I dont know where they came from and they also vanish quite often .

In short I am not sure those items found in her locker could really ever be helpful in the investigation because they would have collected more important and more direct items to link to Hailey from her home. Even if BD and SA where not being helpful or trying to hinder the investigation.

They would not to to test DNA found at her school ,from her locker to ID her.

I hadnt heard that ,I believe it happened . However did they establish that it was Hailey's and not some friend of hers who stashed items in Hailey's locker?

My kid hasnt used her own locker in months she moved into a friends that made it easier for her to gossip in a different more interesting hallway. I probably would not be able to say if lipgloss found in her locker was hers or not . I might be able to ID a hairbrush but everyone shops at the same store and while brush styles change people tend to replace them at christmas ,in gift sets ,which are mass produced . I find brushes in my home I dont know where they came from and they also vanish quite often .

In short I am not sure those items found in her locker could really ever be helpful in the investigation because they would have collected more important and more direct items to link to Hailey from her home. Even if BD and SA where not being helpful or trying to hinder the investigation.

They would not to to test DNA found at her school ,from her locker to ID her.

I understand what you are saying, but there must be a method LE uses to sort all this out. From personal experience, it was not unusual to find all sorts of personal items in the mass destruction after my teenage daughter's slumber parties..alien toothbrushes, hairbrushes, panties, pajamas, etc. Hairbrushes at our house might have been used by the whole family or even some of the kid's friends (hopefully not our toothbrushes)

You should read my post again, I was talking about prioritization in general, not HD.

Obviously they have HD's DNA.

But, if there is nothing to suggest that the remains are HDs, then they are not going to accelerate DNA testing. There are lots of other cases going on in Texas, HD is not LE's single biggest concern.

If they have reason to believe it is someone in particular, and if they have a DNA control for that person, the testing would go to the front of the queue because they could get immediate resolution of an outstanding case. If they dont have a candidate to compare against, or the candidate doesn't have a DNA control, then testing would go to the back of the queue since it is unlikely to generate information of immediate use.

You should read my post again, I was talking about prioritization in general, not HD.

But, if there is nothing to suggest that the remains are HDs, then they are not going to accelerate DNA testing. There are lots of other cases going on in Texas, HD is not LE's single biggest concern.

If they have reason to believe it is someone in particular, and if they have a DNA control for that person, the testing would go to the front of the queue because they could get immediate resolution of an outstanding case. If they dont have a candidate to compare against, or the candidate doesn't have a DNA control, then testing would go to the back of the queue since it is unlikely to generate information of immediate use.

Your assuming they don't have reason to believe its someone in particular. IF its true what Curtis Lloyd said then yes they have reason to believe its Hailey. We also know that the testing hasn't gone to the back of the queue as we know that at least one family has been told that the remains aren't those of there missing child. Additionally if its true the remains are less than five years old it dramatically reduces the chance of it it being anyone but Hailey.

If they knew for sure that it was NOT Hailey, we would already know that by now. There is no reason to keep everyone wondering if it isn't her. Just as the other local family has already been told that it's not their loved one. Also, we still don't know who the body was that they found last year, but we knew within days that it was NOT Hailey. No need for them to change their policies if it is not her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993