trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #159

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got one...a slow comfortable (bad word) up against a wall with a twist. Vodka, one tsp ice tea, 7-up, cranberry juice, lime, and whiskey.:facepalm:

Here's one: A glass of champagne (preferably Cristal) with a shot of Stoli. I got it from 'Absolutely Fabulous' and I drank one once. It is similar to a head injury! Very potent.:floorlaugh:

jodi.jpg

Tonight [on DrDrew]: Men and Jodi Arias
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/04/24/tonight-men-and-jodi-arias

I am pointing my fingers at the court and the court system because that's where the majority of time delays occur. JA does not determine the hours of the court, the caseload of the judge, the time the judge hears motions, how long the lunch break is, how long bathroom breaks are, the fact there is a 90 minute lunch break when a 60 min break would be fine, and the fact that court is held at most 4 days a week. None of that is in JA's control. Yet that's a significant factor in this case taking so long to litigate.

I've personally seen cases (in other states) where the judge does not compromise the jurors time and they hold their motions and other hearings after court is done for the day. This judge spends as much or more time with sidebars as there is for testimony. That is within her control. She does not have to hold sidebars for every objection. All those breaks and sidebars add up. When your most 'robust' trial day of testimony can only be 4.5 hrs at most (and not counting bathroom breaks), you're already behind and dragging things out.

I can't go into answering that other than to say it must be an "Arizona Thing" and it's been working just fine for us the last 100 years just as unsequestered juries have. Peeps got to chill out. I have no interest in seeing another CA fiasco. I can get frustrated about the slowness, but I want to see justice, and no nonsense afterwards. Do it right the first time, so you don't have to do it again. JMO.

Jean Casarus (sp?) just said on HNL that she has paid with credit cards for items - and gotten cash in return. Whaaat? That has never happened for me. They always say that you get the refund in the form you paid for it: Credit card gets credit card refund. Cash gets cash. Has anyone besides JC gotten cash for credit card charge??

I have. I was quite surprised. I had my Credit/debit card in hand expecting her to ask for it, but instead she handed my cash back. It is a Visa.

I've gotten cash back before at WalMart. The cashier told me it may take up to 45 days for a cc transaction to sho up.
With a receipt, right? Walmart will have a record for this transaction. The ONLY reason for Walmart not to have a record, is for the transaction never to have happened- as with Jodi returning the gas can.

If you return something at WalMart without the receipt, don't you get a WalMart card with the amt. on there to use in store?

I return a lot of stuff at Walmart, and, without a receipt, they give cash back, at least in my experience. :twocents:

Happens occasionally at some stores for small amounts.
I've returned items @ Target and other places that were purchased on my charge card.
IF the purchase was less than $20.00 ... They ask if you want your refund back on your card or cash.
Only some stores and only for small value transactions.

Agree that there would be some type of record of the transaction whether it was cash or credit. No record = no return.

Exactly!!!

Yep, at Walmart. Couldn't find receipt, they gave me cash, they do that for items less than $25.00

dang...my walmart (there is only one in my small town) they are super strict and act like you stole the thing you are returning. lol I feel like im in trouble if I have to return something :floorlaugh:

I totally know this was no "knife fight" but an ambush! Thus the quotes! That was just a figure of speech. It was obvious it was premediated murder. But the different criticism's I've heard from various commentators on TV are asking the question.....

if she could kill him by shooting him multiple times, why would she use a knife and get so messy, leaving blood of her own, and much more evidence to get rid of. Afterall killing someone with a gun is much more efficient??

Now i'm not questioning this, but the TV pundits are....that was what my comments were referencing. I think the reason for two weapons is because she wanted it to look like two perpetrators were involved (2 ninjas) and also she enjoyed killing him with the knife (as sick as that sounds)!

Another quesiton I have, is this.....Does anyone know what kind of car she rented? How big is the trunk in this car? She said she had her bags in the trunk. A case of Water from Costco in the trunk. And now 3 5 gallon gas cans in the trunk?? Not all of that would fit, so she is now caught in another lie.

About the gas cans, there was a youtube video demonstrating how 3 5-gallon cans would fill up most of the truck of a Ford Focus. I doubt if there is any space left for a case of water from Costco especially Costco only sells larger case than 24-pack one.

O/T but i'm quite sure HLN reads our posts on here and produce their shows based on our comments.

The first day I read here, I noted that the very next day 2 quotes were said on NG and the JVM shows, but no credits of course. Coincidence? Me thinks not.

It's amazing that she can think about how oily, and protected from the sun, her skin is at the same time she's planning the "perfect" murder of Travis! It's like going to the store and saying, "Yes, I'd like some Cheetos, a little bit of cilantro for salsa, and, oh, yes, that cute little revolver right there! Do you have any ammo?" :stormingmad:

I can almost guarantee that particular combination has been purchased at my local Walmart.

I have a question,

Are we trial watchers or seal watchers?

That darn seal is like a sunspot, you stare at it for a bit then see it everytime you blink, what is that about, grrr.

I am gonna open up Microsoft Word so I can type all my hateful, banned for life from websleuths comments on there, and edit them prior to posting them in the forum. Whatever works.

That's a great idea. Though with me I'd only be able to post part of an opening sentence that would start "I think JA is...." or "The DT is..." - the rest would have to be deleted.

And those calculations were probably done after she picked up the rental car as she would not have known the exact vehicle and MPG until time of pickup.
That may explain the 3rd gas can purchase in Salinas as opposed to bringing/buying one from Yreka.

Mileage is online for all rental cars. Not hard to figure out.

I got the feeling that Nurmi didn't expect Deanna to admit to a sexual relationship with Travis.....then he asked ...was it just once? No....was it several times? yep!

Nurmi seemed to be thrown off for a few minutes.

Yep. The fact that they had a sexual relationship showed that Travis could have "serious" relationships with women and not be abusive. ALV tried to claim that abuse is more often seen in relationships that have been consummated sexually and Wilmott's line of questing gave the impression that Travis had not been intimate with Deanna and therefore the lack of any abuse would not be unusual under the circumstances, as ALV put it.

But that was not true. He had a much longer relationship with Deanna and it was sexual. And yet, no physical, verbal, or sexual abuse. Batterers almost always have a prior history of DV with ex-girlfriends. That this pattern was not observed in this case means a lot. The problem was clearly Jodi. She pushed his buttons, provoked him to anger with her repeated invasions of his privacy, corrupted his sexuality with her deviant submissive fantasies. Travis was as close to being a saint as men could get, until he met the devil who went by the name of Jodi.

When you get a brazillian wax they suggest to you to use those wipes to prevent ingrown hairs.

I am convinced she got waxed at the salon, just the way that Travis liked it.

I learn a lot from this board. However that seems like it would sting like MF.

If you return something at WalMart without the receipt, don't you get a WalMart card with the amt. on there to use in store?

probably---I just wanted the cash....my bad! dh bought it on his cc and I wanted the cash (starbucks :blushing:)

I have a glass of milk ready to go with immediate side-bar..
Headphones, check,
puddy in lap, check
Nerf hemlet for keyboard headbanging, check and check...
I'm ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member