trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #160

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by buckeyefan1
If JA is found quilty of any charge other than 1st degree murder I will never watch another trial like I did CA's and JA's because I will have lost all faith in the legal system here in America. You can mark my words on that.

BBM: :floorlaugh: and you will probably have plenty of company :floorlaugh:

:seeya:

This is the first case I have followed since the CA trial. I, like so many, was devastated. I am not sure how I got pulled into this one :scared::scared:

Upon further reflection, please disregard my previous post where I asked what happened to my previous signature, previously. Nothing good can come of such inquiries and it consititutes inappropriate and misdirected "sleuthing". I now understand that we've always been at war with EastAsia. Eurasia is our ally.

You really make me laugh.

HIPPA wouldn't stop the release of her info if SHE allowed it. And you can bet if there was anything in her records she'd release it. There is no way she was pregnant. They've accused poor Travis of everything but sex with the dog. They've totally trashed his life and lied about his death. But I'm confident it's all going to come back and bite her in the fanny in closing arguments.

Morning Everyone! :seeya:

Hello Whack A Mole --- love your name.

If JA wanted to prove she was ever pregnant, she would allow it to be released. Absolutely agree with ALL you said!

Translation: another shrink choosing to put his career on the line who Juan Martinez will chew up like a blue M&m (no disrespect to m&ms just an inside joke).

What a fool Geffner is to destroy a life time's work........... oh well, it didnt bother me to see ALV and Samuels do the same. Self destruction is a sad but interesting thing to watch.

I believe that the Judge said that the jury would get the case next Friday. They can't deliberate over the weekend because there is no security at the Courthouse on weekends. If they fail to reach a verdict on Friday, they will return on Monday morning to continue deliberations.

Absolutely incredulous that after spending all this money on the JA defense the State of AZ can't work out security and other arrangements for weekend jury deliberations.

After spending a million and a half dollars or more this doesn't make any sense or even seem reasonable not to have the jury deliberate over the weekend and sequester them.

Judge needs to work these security and housing details out and not give the DT another 48 + hours to find a reason for a mistrial.

If the jury can't walk out of the courtroom and go directly to deliberations - then hold off final instruction until Monday morning.

ABC News report 2-19-13 re Jodi's testimony:

"She also denied a series of allegations made by the prosecution that she dyed her hair, rented an inconspicuous car, borrowed gas cans, turned off her cell phone, and switched money around her bank accounts as she left for Alexander's house because she was planning to murder him when she got there. Arias said that her hair remained the same color, auburn-brown, throughout May and June..."

Concerning the hair color, yesterday when Juan showed the pic on the camera, her hair was died really dark brown, the sex pics on TA camera look like her hair was lighter, am I crazy? I hope she gets the DP. They should do a post Mortem of her brain.

I think they only have Wednesday for the surrebuttal. The judge said they would even stay late if needed. They can only rebut the BPD claim I think

Oh my! The DT really needs to consider whether this guys testimony is worth JA forfeiting her nightly bologna sandwich for...

:doh: I don't buy one word of this baloney! :gavel:

Jodi Arias trial: Arias reportedly said she was pregnant, miscarried

Posted: 10:02 PM
Last Updated: 1 hour and 26 minutes ago

•By: Stephanie Hockridge

PHOENIX - The whispers are coming from behind bars and Jodi Arias herself is saying she was pregnant and miscarried before Travis Alexander was murdered.

None of this was discussed as part of the case. In fact, news broke late Wednesday afternoon of the pregnancy and miscarriage claims.

It's all part of an article in the National Enquirer, which is out this week, and claims Jodi said she was devastated when she told Travis about the pregnancy and his reaction was very cold-hearted.

According to Senior Editor, Mike Walker, Jodi says it felt like Travis stabbed her in the heart. She didn't say how she lost the baby, or provide any other details for that matter.

Walker also said Wednesday on CNN Headline News that Jodi truly believes she will be acquitted of murder and is even making plans when she gets out of jail.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...aid-she-was-pregnant-miscarried#ixzz2RTry6VkB

First of all, it does not surprise me that the whole pregnancy angle wasn't fabricated earlier. Who is supposed to be the father of this imaginary fetus? Just another example of how people have to take the sociopath's word about a supposed miscarriage.

I see that she is now managing to offend all of those poor women out there who have gone through such a terrible experience of miscarrying a baby.

Way to go, Arias.

I have another question if anyone knows and sorry to be so negative nellie today, but I am just so worried about this last witness from the DT.

If this person sole goal is to throw the trial off its tracks, is there anything he could purposely say or do that would cause a mistrial? I'm thinking in terms of outragious outbursts or outrageous statements that he may throw out there.

I hope things could be stricken from the record if that happens but just not sure of how things work if something like that happens with him.

I am so worried because of all the other attempts from the DT with trying to get jurors dismissed and stuff that I am afraid they really have something up their sleeve this time with this new witness.

I think the reality of this trial is the juror's have already made up their minds as to Jodi's guilt and weather the defense brings up a new witness or not is not going to make any difference at this point.
The jury knows that Jodi's story just does not hold water no matter how you look at it.
There are just to many inconsistencies and the jury by this point in time can not believe any testimony from a defense witness because their evaluations are based on Jodi's lies so there is no solid ground for their evaluations.
There are dozens of things that prove her lies and to premeditation.
I expect to see a very short deliberation when the jury decides her fate.
Guilty--Now lets all go home and have a barbecue.

Brown says pictures are ALL from the same phone; he doesn't just say the three new ones, so was JM showing that the phone could not have been lost?

May 10: The 'sex tape' was made
May 15: Picture of Jodi with her dog Jewell is taken with same phone
May 17th-18th: Jodi says phone went missing, she worked hard to get that in
June 3rd: Pictures of Jodi taken with Dark hair

Originally Posted by buckeyefan1
If JA is found quilty of any charge other than 1st degree murder I will never watch another trial like I did CA's and JA's because I will have lost all faith in the legal system here in America. You can mark my words on that.

This is the first case I have followed since the CA trial. I, like so many, was devastated. I am not sure how I got pulled into this one :scared::scared:

Same here ... My sister kept asking me if I was following it
And i told her no... I will not watch another trial... Had a
Long weekend did some reading n listening to testimony
And here I am ....

I left websleuths after the CA trial and vowed NEVER to return! I left the same day, I don't think I even left a comment on the verdict, I felt sick, I couldn't believe it!

But well... here I am again. :floorlaugh:
I did the same, Nali. I too was so disgusted that I vowed "never again"!
And much to my hubby's dismay, I'm back! :scared:

I am not very savvy on criminal trials but I have thought many things were unusual regarding the decisions made in this trial. The one thing that bothers me about the surrebuttal (assuming that it was granted) is this; JA will have opportunities (apparently many) to appeal the decision if she is found guilty but the state and family have only ONE opportunity to have her tried for this crime. With that said, I don't understand how surrebuttal with another psych was permitted after the DT had plenty of time and opportunity to present their information during their CIC. If my limited understanding is correct the state and Victim's family have only one chance to try her for what she did, yet she has multiple opportunities to appeal.

I agree, and if this wasn't a DP case, I don't think the judge would have allowed it. After all, the DT received Dr. D's report well in advance, and could have--in anticipation of her testimony--had Samuels or another Dr. testify that that JA did not exhibit signs of BPD or whatever they wanted to rebut. However, I think the judge has a concern that if one juror happened to say that their decision to convict was based heavily on her BPD diagnosis, and the DT wasn't given the opportunity to rebut it, then there would be an issue for appeal.

On your last point, yes, you are correct that prosecution only has one bite at the apple (that old pesky double jeopardy thing). But, not only will JA have the opportunity to appeal, her case will be automatically appealed if she gets the DP. Because of this, I get why the judge is bending over backwards to create as few foreseeable arguments for judicial error as possible. :twocents:

Totally - she would have blogged about it and sent out shower invitations the minute she found out.

I agree.

The only way I would believe it is if there records of a visit to an ob/gyn, internist, hospital, clinic and as gross as this may be, a photo of it happening on JA's camera. (Yes, I would need all of that!)

With all the lies, this is one that the jury won't think for a nano second as being true.

I'm not worried about this.

Brown says pictures are ALL from the same phone; he doesn't just say the three new ones, so was JM showing that the phone could not have been lost?

May 10: The 'sex tape' was made
May 15: Picture of Jodi with her dog Jewell is taken with same phone
May 17th-18th: Jodi says phone went missing, she worked hard to get that in
June 3rd: Pictures of Jodi taken with Dark hair

exactly,and i don't think the jury will take too kindly to being lied to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors