Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just cannot wrap my mind around hearing testimony about an evaluation done on JA after the trial is in full swing. After she has heard everything and knows what the weak points are. After her hearing Dr. D's testimony. After JA reading books, magazines etc. After listening to Samuels and his junk. After listening to ALV and her junk. After JA talking on the phone to Donavan and others.

How can any of his evaluation be relevant? She lied before and know Ms. IQ has a ton of knowledge and will lie again in the eval. I'm sorry but I just don't get it. Not being snarky but if anyone could explain that more I'd so appreciate it.

Exactly what I thought. She is going to give him the performance of her life!

This is my first post but I have been a lurker for a long time. I have a few things to say, so please bear with me.
I am from Canada and we do not have the death penalty here. I agree with that 90% of the time, believing that putting them to death ends their punishment and suffering. LWOP would be fine with me because the public will get tired of talking and thinking about her and after a few years she will be forgotten and just waste away in jail until her death. She is so young this could take many years and from what I have seen, this will be truly a punishment for her. All she will have is other inmates to manipulate and maybe some guards, so who cares what happens to her in prison.

Another point is the way the defense is being talked about. We may not like them or the way they present themselves or how they look but really everyone is entitled to a defense. From what I understand they were given this client. I'm not sure what this is called in the U.S. but in Canada it is called Legal Aid for clients who cannot pay. I also think but not sure that K. Nurmi tried to quit this case at one time. I also think he does not like her and
cannot wait to see the last of her.

Thanks for listening and as always this is just my opinion.

Good first post! Lots of opinions regarding the DT here.

:seeya::Welcome1::welcome5::Welcome1::welcome3:

JW has very poor cross exam skills. She is dripping with honey nice to her devense witnesses and nasty and snarky to the prosecution witnesses.

JM is a pro and asks direct questions and wants direct answers. For the most part he treats everyone the same.

Oh how right you are. I don't know who annoyed me more during this trial.
Jw or kn

I agree, clarification is indeed needed. We do not know that he was playing with fire. Jodi kept coming around, didn't she. His text to her on 5/26/08 indicated she had done something to hurt him to the core to the point that he claimed he hated her. It had to have been something significant, something he was totally unprepared to handle. It's never a good lesson when someone ends up dead because even telling someone you hate them is no reason to kill them. We know Jodi crossed boundaries with Travis and that is disrespectful in and of itself. jmo

And what bugs me most is that the original comment makes it sound like everything Jodi said about Travis is correct when we know she lied about everything..

She is a LIAR!! How you would get any facts about Travis from a show that has her as the star, is beyond me.

Travis is the VICTIM! The only VICTIM.. HE did not beat her or abuse her. HE did not trash her. SHE is the perpetrator .. Not the victim.

Travis is the victim. Guess I better stop there before I explode with rage.....

:stormingmad:

I've been unsuccessful finding a clear photo of the gunshot wound to Travis's forehead. Exhibit 175 et seq. would be helpful but only the courtroom & jury saw them. The images purporting to show the gunshot, circulating on the web, focus on the right ear not the wound.

Tube I PM'd you with the link.

After watching the dateline - along came jodi story I do feel that Travis was playing with fire and it should be a good lesson to all to treat people with respect. Not saying he deserved anything to happen to him, just saying that I think he could have handled his relationship with Jodi in "better" ways.... But what do I know..

Everyone deserves to be treated with respect, including Travis, which he didn't get. Snooping into someone's private accounts, whatever they may be is not respect. Neither is hiding in someone's closet, sleeping under their Christmas tree after being asked to leave, slashing another's tires.... twice in as many days, sneaking into one's house through another way other than the front door or being invited in, peeking in the window of one's house while with another woman and then barging in and creating a scene, blackmailing.... which probably happened. I could go on and on, but you get the picture. None of these are examples of respect.

The point is, if Jodi had treated Travis with respect, she would have gotten respect in return, but she didn't. Personally, IMO, Travis gave her more respect that I ever would have. A person can only take so much before you have to bluntly and sometimes disrespectfully say what needs to be said. :twocents:

This is my first post but I have been a lurker for a long time. I have a few things to say, so please bear with me.
I am from Canada and we do not have the death penalty here. I agree with that 90% of the time, believing that putting them to death ends their punishment and suffering. LWOP would be fine with me because the public will get tired of talking and thinking about her and after a few years she will be forgotten and just waste away in jail until her death. She is so young this could take many years and from what I have seen, this will be truly a punishment for her. All she will have is other inmates to manipulate and maybe some guards, so who cares what happens to her in prison.

Another point is the way the defense is being talked about. We may not like them or the way they present themselves or how they look but really everyone is entitled to a defense. From what I understand they were given this client. I'm not sure what this is called in the U.S. but in Canada it is called Legal Aid for clients who cannot pay. I also think but not sure that K. Nurmi tried to quit this case at one time. I also think he does not like her and
cannot wait to see the last of her.

Thanks for listening and as always this is just my opinion.

Very thoughtful first post Ky1, welcome to our group! :seeya:

I totally agree that the DT is just doing their job. We call them public defenders when they are appointed to people who can't afford an attorney.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

:wagon:

She may have wandered off to avoid the onslaught but I see her point. She isn't saying that Travis deserved ANYTHING that happened to him. She isn't saying that he isn't a victim...she is saying that when sex is involved, feelings are involved and you never know what kind of crazy is attached to the person you are bedding down with.

I think it's a fair assertion and don't see why people are jumping down her throat. No one forced him to have sex with her and Travis doesn't have to have been a saint to have been a victim (which he uncategorically is), which is why the sex is wholly immaterial to this case.

If he had it to do over again, I am sure he would have run a mile in the other direction and would caution his mates who are spreading their oats to exercise caution.

That's exactly right I completely agree .. I also think that Jodi had shown signs of major disturbance by the things she had done (especially sneaking into his house which to me is really creepy) It's not that Travis is not a victim it's just that he was 'unwise'.

Also, dare I say it, not considerate of HER.

Clearly he knew once Jodi was latched on in an unhealthy manner that she was overly invested and a continued sexual relationship would only make that worse FOR HER .. I know this is an unpopular view, but out of consideration for her feelings alone another man may have ceased all sexual contact, and found someone else to sleep casually with.

Look this is all hindsight before she slaughtered him for it FGS! That changes everything, but I think there is DEFINITELY a lesson in this for young people, men in particular, who may not be aware of dangerous red flags, or how to pick an unstable woman, and what to do if one finds themselves caught up with one.

I read a comment that says TA should've known Jodi wanted more out of the sexual relationship than he did. I'd say to that, that not all women/men are the same. Some women do enjoy the sex for the sex alone. We've seen countless times how manipulative Jodi can be. How she can pretend to be something she's not and how calmly she lies. It doesn't seem impossible to me that she had TA convinced that she was just interested in having casual sex.

Secondly, you can't LOOK at someone and know what crazy things that person is capable off. I read "he shouldn't have had sex with her, because you never know what kind of crazy person you end up" with, something along those lines. But you can marry and live with a person for years and never know what crazy evilness lay inside.

People saying "he shouldn't have slept with her, he shouldn't have done this and that" how could he have known she'd turn out to be a psycho murderer? Which one of us before allowing someone in our life/bed/whatever go "Oh, you know what, I should try to analyze whether or not this person is crazy enough to shoot me in the head then stab me a bunch of times?"

MOO
There's no way he could've known.

I was sorry I put the laugh icon in my above post. This whole tragedy that Arias is responsible for is very sad and I'm waiting for her to be convicted.

The qualifier "I'm not saying he deserved it or anything" concerns me, too. But for the opposite reason to yours, I think. I hear this qualification used again and again because the speaker is anticipating the wrong words being put into his/her mouth. It's a preemptive move, lest someone accuse them of excusing Jodi.

That Travis, like any homicide victim, didn't deserve to be murdered is a given. That he was "just a guy being a guy" is not. Some of us are not satisfied with the pass men are given to behave in ways that women would be condemned for. We think men can do better--much better--and that the world would be a better place if we stopped making excuses for them.
Ouch.....the thing is ,, being Jodi is such a brainiac....

How many times did we hear testimony that...".he didnt call me after we had sex.

To members, if you're ever having a hard time with this case, when it gets too real, go down to the Jury Room and read the Those Airhead Moments thread.

I was having a rough time today and needed a distraction. That helped a LOT! Very very funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77