PA PA - Richard Petrone 35 & Danielle Imbo 34, Philadelphia, 19 Feb 2005 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw their story on Vanished, I hope they are found to bring their family peace.

Can't believe it's been 8 years.

Come home soon.

:bump: for Danielle and Richard. :heartbeat:

TiGay9H.jpg

Bump.

I still can't understand how people have managed to stay quiet all these years. I don't believe one person did this alone. :jail:

It has always been my (completely unfounded) feeling that they were ambushed and killed, then weighted down somehow and dumped in the Delaware. Never heard of this Robert Carey character till now, but apparently he lived in Palmyra, NJ, and "worked" (by worked I mean sold drugs) in Philadelphia along the river, from Port Richmond/Fishtown (where it sounds like he may have grown up) to South Philly (where missing couple were last seen). He also sounds pretty violent from the newspaper articles I've read. It's possible he followed and confronted the couple (were they abusing prescription pills? Is it possible one or both of them owed him money?), killed them, then weighed their bodies down in the river (growing up along the Delaware I'm sure he was familiar with some isolated areas where he could do this and not be noticed), and brought the truck to a chop shop. There are PLENTY of illegal chop shops or parts shops that will not ask questions, and a big time Philadelphia drug dealer I'm sure had connections within one or many of them.

The reason I keep coming back to bodies being in the river is because I cannot imagine that if they were dumped on land somewhere they wouldn't have been found by now. It's been eight years and is such a high profile case.

So is there any evidence that Richard or Danielle were using drugs? Were either of them involved in anything illegal that maybe got them into hot water? Did either of them have court cases coming up? I think I remember Danielle was in the process of a divorce--is it possible she would have wiped her husband out financially? I have a weird feeling that this disappearance had something to do with money--and not so much making money, but protecting money that was already made.

If they were dumped in the rived, wouldn't their bodies have washed up by now? Or at least parts of their bodies? or clothing?

If they were dumped in the rived, wouldn't their bodies have washed up by now? Or at least parts of their bodies? or clothing?

Probably, unless they were somehow contained in something. Like I said before, my theory is completely unfounded. It just seems likely to me that they'd be harder to find in the river than if they were just dumped in the woods somewhere. And seems more like a stereotypical hitman/drug dealer way to dispose of a body. Also, considering the amount of stuff that washes up all along the shorelines in PA and NJ--and the basically uninhabited Petty Island--it's possible clothing/bones/etc could be never found or just ignored.

Probably, unless they were somehow contained in something. Like I said before, my theory is completely unfounded. It just seems likely to me that they'd be harder to find in the river than if they were just dumped in the woods somewhere. And seems more like a stereotypical hitman/drug dealer way to dispose of a body. Also, considering the amount of stuff that washes up all along the shorelines in PA and NJ--and the basically uninhabited Petty Island--it's possible clothing/bones/etc could be never found or just ignored.

I don't have time today to read the post; but from what I did read; they could have gone off of the road somewhere in woods or water.

im very familiar with the area that they disappeared. There really aren't any woods for them to be lost in. Being disposed of in the water is possible, but all the likely places have been searched by divers. The location in which they lived and from where they disappeared is densely populated and urban.

This disappearance was planned and purposeful.

When I read about the Foss Lake case in Oklahoma where two cars were found that had accidentally run off of a pier and 6 missing persons cases were solved, I immeadeatly thought of Danielle and Richard. Their disappearance had all of the earmarks of an accidental "drive into a body of water" situation.

They were a low risk couple with no known enemies or lifestyle "issues". They were last know to be on the road late on a very cold night in an area with numerous bodies of water. The most imprtant evidence is fact that the vehicle they were driving in has also vanished. How many murder victimes, walkoffs, suicides etc involve a vehicle that also disappeares?

Some have speculated that they were victims of a sophisticated hitman who not only commited a clean kill, but managed to arranged for the vehicle to vanish as well. How often does that happen? Daniel was going through a divorce but there did not appear to be any serious money involved. Further arguing against the "hit man" theory was that their being out together that night was completely imprompto and only the couple they were with (old friends of Richard) hand any idea where they were or where they might be going.

Vehicles end up in bodies of water by either "missing" a bridge, running off a road into a body of water they were driving al;ong or driving off of a pier or similar structure not realizing they were not on a road (what happened in OK).

Kemo-- consider reading more on this case. They did NOT disappear in a location with numerous bodies of water. They disappeared from center city Philadelphia, in the urban core of the city. Nearby bodies of water cannot just be driven into since they are surrounded by buildings, fences and highway structures. The few places where a truck could have conceivably entered the water were searched extensively.

Also, Danielle was going through a contentious divorce with child custody issues. This is not even close to the same thing that happened in that lake in Oklahoma.

The FBI believes this is a murder for hire case. I doubt they would publicly state this without good reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Also, it was my understanding that there was a connection with a chop shop, which is why the vehicle disappeared.

I don't have time today to read the post; but from what I did read; they could have gone off of the road somewhere in woods or water.

In light of the new discoveries at Foss Lake in Custer County, Oklahoma I hope a sonar device will be utilized in nearby bodies of water to search for Danielle and Richard.

The police found other vehicles during the searches in the very few spots that Rich's truck could have conceivably gone into. Between the bar where they were last seen on South street and their respective homes, there are painfully few plausible locations where a vehicle could go off the road. Really! Even fewer places where it would go unnoticed.

I live and work in these exact same locations, they did NOT drive into the water and sink. This has been ruled out by investigators. The FBI has stated publicly on a numerous occasions that this was a murder for hire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The police found other vehicles during the searches in the very few spots that Rich's truck could have conceivably gone into. Between the bar where they were last seen on South street and their respective homes, there are painfully few plausible locations where a vehicle could go off the road. Really! Even fewer places where it would go unnoticed.

I live and work in these exact same locations, they did NOT drive into the water and sink. This has been ruled out by investigators. The FBI has stated publicly on a numerous occasions that this was a murder for hire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have researched the case extensively and I am aware of the murder for hire angle... I just feel no stone should be left unturned in searching for them. Thanks! :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member