Decomposed Body found in Scurry Co.*3/16/13* - LE identified as being Hailey

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP sweet Hailey!
I know many, many people love you and looked long and hard for you. I would have been blessed to know you in this life on earth-you touched so many. You will be ever in my heart and I pray now that justice and answers will be swift.

I can barely believe this news. May you have justice!

jmo

In addition to those who actually participated in searches I would like to thank Oriah and SARx for their mapping, and others who spent so many hours trying to delineate possible search areas. I would also like to thank all who kept the threads updated here so that some of us with very little time could keep up with the latest. I thank the many people who shared and spread fliers, either on the internet or in person, in an effort to keep her name at the forefront. Thank you all, truly.

My heart and prayers go out to all who truly love her. I now pray for a miracle that there be some kind of forensic evidence preserved well enough to lead to a solid conviction. Yes, a miracle indeed is needed here. I do not think that any forensic evidence would have much chance of survival due to the length of time that has passed and also due to the remains being submerged and later exposed to the elements. :(

Thank you all, again.

HUgz

Rest In Peace sweet child.

With all due respect, Hollye, do you live in the area of west Texas where Hailey was found? Some of us have seen the area in person.

When I clicked on the link you had for Hailey, it showed the location of the remains in Big Spring. At first, I didn't realize I had to zoom out the map to get Hailey's location, so it was confusing to me to see the big red X on the Google map. I thought that's where you meant Hailey was found. Now I know differently. I'm big enough to say when I'm wrong, but you might want to re-center your map if you are referring to Hailey remains.

You may stand by your recollection, but you were rude to jump in and tell me I was wrong when I had the words of the man who found Hailey to back up what I wrote. Lake JB Thomas may not NOW be near where the man found Hailey's remains, but it used to be, and it's obvious she was dumped into the lake to hide her body. Why would they dump it on a dried-up lake bed when the lake was right there? In addition, the three-year drought we've had has dried up lakes all over the area, reducing them to the size of ponds.

I don't know why LE might have said otherwise at the time, unless they were being literal in saying the remains were not in or near the lake. Well, they aren't NOW, but they sure were back in 2010.

Lloyd was walking in the "dried-up lake bed" looking for fossils. He wouldn't have been looking along side a dirt road for fossils.

Now, can we start over? :) We're on the same side here, wanting justice for Hailey.

I apologize if you feel I was rude. My initial mesage was short and not completely clear. I am not from the area, no. I was going based on what LE stated numerous times at the time that the remains were recovered. At the time, there were no reports from Mr. LLoyd that stated that they were found in an area that was covered with water when Hailey went missing. As I said, I have no reference for where the lake was in December 2010. At the time, several of us spent time looking for mappings of the lake from that time and we were unable to find any.

As for where the map centers when you open it, I don't believe I have any control over that. It opens for me zoomed out to the entire mapped site, not focused on any one location.

I have followed this case for nearly 2 1/2 years and have invested a lot of time and energy in it, as many others have on this site. Clearly stress levels are high. Lets move on and find who did this to this beautiful young girl! For now, I am going to step away and spend the evening with my family and pray for Hailey's family that they can now lay their daughter and sister to rest.

I've been watching the local news since this broke. So damn sad. RIP sweet child and I hope the cops have enough evidence to take this to trial and hoping it will be a capital murder case so he can be removed from this planet.

After hearing of this news something made me think of WSer Tfrohning. I remember someone mentioning in her thread how she was always hoping Hailey would be found. May Tfro rest in peace as well. Thought of her today.

I am a bit thick in the head today, I have the flu but does it show up in vinelink names that we are familiar with.
TIA

Can you link or copy paste vinelink booking info please? xoxoxo I don't know how to search it. Oops, I see that you are also asking for info. DUH, I have the flu too.

Kermit Mayor Quits After New City Manager is Hired 4/25/13
"In a split vote, Pete Kampfer, a former City Manager of Colorado City and Raton, NM was chosen to lead the city of Kermit."

"According to past news stories, Pete Kampfer first made headlines as City Manager for Colorado City back in December 2010.
He was part of helping with the investigation of missing teenager Hailey Dunn."

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=44146

Probably not related to Haley being found, but the timing is a ironic.

Now I know why earlier when I tried to log on, I got a message that said "server overload".

I had a feeling these remains were poor Hailey's.

Even though I didn't believe she was alive after all this time, it still hurts now that her remains have been found.

But at least she's finally been found and can be laid to rest properly.

Godspeed Hailey. Justice will come. May you rest in peace, forgetting earthly travails, knowing only everlasting love. ♥♥♥

Oh dear. Been so wrapped up on the Boston thread I didn't see this.

RIP Hailey. I've never stopped thinking of you. :rose:

OMG. :thud:
Maybe I wasn't as ready for this as I thought I was.
I guess Shawn was right, she was found in Scurry county...

I apologize if you feel I was rude. My initial mesage was short and not completely clear. I am not from the area, no. I was going based on what LE stated numerous times at the time that the remains were recovered. At the time, there were no reports from Mr. LLoyd that stated that they were found in an area that was covered with water when Hailey went missing. As I said, I have no reference for where the lake was in December 2010. At the time, several of us spent time looking for mappings of the lake from that time and we were unable to find any.

As for where the map centers when you open it, I don't believe I have any control over that. It opens for me zoomed out to the entire mapped site, not focused on any one location.

I have followed this case for nearly 2 1/2 years and have invested a lot of time and energy in it, as many others have on this site. Clearly stress levels are high. Lets move on and find who did this to this beautiful young girl! For now, I am going to step away and spend the evening with my family and pray for Hailey's family that they can now lay their daughter and sister to rest.

I very much appreciate the time you have invested in this case, and you are so right that stress levels are high. Finding Hailey has been a kick in the gut but also a blessing. Emotions are running the gamut, and I realize we are all in mourning for a beautiful girl who didn't get to live out her life.

God bless all those who searched for Hailey and who loved her, including those on this forum.

Rest in peace, darling.

I've not seen or heard the reports yet; I am guessing they did not release cause or manner or death? Do they even know

The articles that I read are saying they have not ruled it a homicide and they have not ruled homicide out. So, in other words, they are not saying anything. I hope that is because they want to surprise someone with an arrest warrant or two.

BBM, not to distract from the gravity of the situation, but that made me :).
The interview during breaking news looked like a dog was in the car with her. When they panned out for the six o'clock new, I realized it was a mans head. I chuckled at my mistake, and decided to share a badly needed chuckle

The interview during breaking news looked like a dog was in the car with her. When they panned out for the six o'clock new, I realized it was a mans head. I chuckled at my mistake, and decided to share a badly needed chuckle

I know I needed it! Thank you. :hug:

To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain and play with it. — Charlie Chaplin
I never would have made it if I could not have laughed.*It lifted me momentarily out of this horrible situation, just enough to make it livable. — Viktor Frankl
Your joy is your sorrow unmasked. And the self-same well from which your laughter rises was often-times filled with your tears. — Rene Descartes

Can you link or copy paste vinelink booking info please? xoxoxo I don't know how to search it. Oops, I see that you are also asking for info. DUH, I have the flu too.

Vine link is for prisoners in jail.what are we looking for again, I apparently am thick as well lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member