Hailey Dunn General Discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so afraid that Hailey's file will sit on a shelf gathering Dust and no arrest .

If they had evidence what are they ( LE) waiting on...I would not think a funeral would be something that stops an murder arrest.

Im starting to panic....:panic:

Don't panic. Just look again at the picture of the LE officers at the crime scene. They were all crying. That tells us that this file is not just going to collect dust, imo.

Knox,

This is in reply to your post in the last thread here

To recap:

I'm not sure if you were asking for links or not, but, if you want to read the affidavits, you can see them here.

Specifically, on page 2 paragraph 3 they refer to the time SA arrived and left, according to company records. They also cite witness statements by his supervisor to that effect.

Later, at the end of that paragraph, on the same page, they provide the time of departure of BD from CC as determined by "records and interviews of witnesses".

I have been giving this some thought today, about these apparent discrepancies when a thought occurred to me: People are talking about events that happened on different days, but thinking they are talking about the same day.

IIRC, on that day SA went to work early, then BD was taken to work by someone else. The following day (which, from the perspective of the people involved, was the day HD went missing) SA took BD to work. When they talk about him taking her to work, that is probably what they are referring to, but other people are thinking it was the previous day, hence the apparent discrepancy in stories over time.

In that scenario, SA would have returned stuff to his employer the following day, and it could also account for people claiming to see someone in the car.

They are just talking about different days and getting wires crossed in the retelling.

That could also explain some of the other issues people have raised over the years, such as why SA couldn't take BD home when realized HD was gone (she knew SA no longer worked after the previous day), why she needed DD to raise the alarm (she knew SA wasn't in CC either, probably at his mothers house), and why SA could tell his mom HD was missing when he shouldn't have known about it.

The events various people are talking about are getting mixed up between when we now know HD disappeared, and when people became aware that she disappeared. There is a 24 hour shift because of that, and I think that most of the discrepancies can be accounted for in that way.

I am curious to know what SA was doing the day HD was reported as missing. Chances are that he was probably at his mothers house.

Thank you for trying to clarify Tugela
icon7.gif

But I am specifically referring to Monday morning. Enough said, and I will leave the subject alone until it is confirmed by a linkable source. I do see what you are saying though, there has been a great deal of confusion with those who haven't closely followed the case.

I'm having such anxiety and stress waiting for some other official announcement from the police on this case :( Hope an arrest/s is made soon for poor Hailey's sake. Plz plz I hope someone comes forward with something they know about this case.

I hope they can somehow determine a cause of death. I think juries need to know. Depending, of course, on what other evidence LE has, but clearly they did not have enough to bring charges before she was found.

I am so afraid that Hailey's file will sit on a shelf gathering Dust and no arrest .

If they had evidence what are they ( LE) waiting on...I would not think a funeral would be something that stops an murder arrest.

DA's are tough to satisfy these days. I have faith that LE is working to bring all the evidence together and are building a solid case. Justice will be served for Hailey, don't panic :therethere:

Don't panic. Just look again at the picture of the LE officers at the crime scene. They were all crying. That tells us that this file is not just going to collect dust, imo.

I think probably (maybe) there is forensic testing being done for comparative purposes utilizing evidence they collected from the home, car, shed, and even from the landfill searches, if any was found there, against any clothing or other evidence they may have found at the site where Hailey's remains were located.

If there was clothing at the site, it would be quite degraded in quality due to being exposed to the elements. A brand new piece of clothing, or even one only a few months old, would yield fibers in much different condition than those that have been exposed to the harsh elements of the Texas landscape and environment.

They may have to find a comparable piece of clothing (now that they can confirm what exact article(s) of clothing were involved) to compare to any fibers taken during the search warrants. That means they would have to track down the vendor and/or maker to retrieve an article of clothing of the same color and type of fabric.

Even though the chances are almost nil that they can find DNA on any of the clothing, they MUST try. The exposure to such harsh elements can degrade DNA (Mother Nature is not a good friend in these cases, in my opinion), but they may still, with some stroke of luck, find traces of DNA that they can test.

Forensic testing can be time consuming. The DNA processing alone is extremely tedious, especially under such circumstances. Most likely any/all evidence has been sent to an outside lab (hopefully, the FBI's forensic unit) for specialized tests.

I am not giving up hope.

I feel certain, especially after seeing the number of outside agencies involved at the recovery site, that law enforcement WANTS justice for Hailey. They want to put whomever is responsible for her demise behind bars.

Patience is necessary at times like these. I am one of those who wanted things done yesterday, if not before, but I also want to know that they have done everything they possibly can to ensure not only an indictment but a conviction as well, against ALL parties involved.

I would be surprised if an arrest came this quickly. LE has to get all the evidence together in an organized fashion. I feel sure that they are doing their job very well. Remember FBI has been involved in this case along with the Texas Rangers. Rest assured they will do everything in their powers to bring the person responsible for Hailey's death to justice. Up until a week or so ago, they could not speculate weather Hailey ran away, was abducted into human trafficking or murdered.

I truly believe all LE involved has believed Hailey was murdered when they started collecting evidence and looking at the clues. They have spent 2 1/2 years investigating this case and now they have a body. They know what happened to her now and I think in time they will be able to prove it.

It is my opinion that the only person of interest will be staying close to home. He does not have the means to flee ($$$) nor does he have the sense to stay under the radar if he does flee. LE knows where he is and I feel sure they are keeping a close eye on him.

Have faith...don't panic...justice is coming for Hailey

Posted by Knox (on the closed thread):

"Hailey's Memorial is in the planning. Everyone is invited to pay their respects at this service as Hailey's funeral will be a private family service."

--------------------

I am planning to go to Hailey's memorial service, whenever it is held. I know there will be others from here at WS who will be there. Many of us do not know each other by sight, only by heart. I was wondering if any of you planning to attend the service would like to wear a wide, orange-color ribbon around your right wrist or forearm in honor of Hailey (orange was her favorite color) and to help find each other in the crowd. I was thinking that wearing the ribbon on a forearm would be more visible and also would represent a mourning band for Hailey.

It's just a thought. I would consider it an honor to meet any of you in person.

Knox,

This is in reply to your post in the last thread here

To recap:

I'm not sure if you were asking for links or not, but, if you want to read the affidavits, you can see them here.

Specifically, on page 2 paragraph 3 they refer to the time SA arrived and left, according to company records. They also cite witness statements by his supervisor to that effect.

Later, at the end of that paragraph, on the same page, they provide the time of departure of BD from CC as determined by "records and interviews of witnesses".

I have been giving this some thought today, about these apparent discrepancies when a thought occurred to me: People are talking about events that happened on different days, but thinking they are talking about the same day.

IIRC, on that day SA went to work early, then BD was taken to work by someone else. The following day (which, from the perspective of the people involved, was the day HD went missing) SA took BD to work. When they talk about him taking her to work, that is probably what they are referring to, but other people are thinking it was the previous day, hence the apparent discrepancy in stories over time.

In that scenario, SA would have returned stuff to his employer the following day, and it could also account for people claiming to see someone in the car.

They are just talking about different days and getting wires crossed in the retelling.

That could also explain some of the other issues people have raised over the years, such as why SA couldn't take BD home when realized HD was gone (she knew SA no longer worked after the previous day), why she needed DD to raise the alarm (she knew SA wasn't in CC either, probably at his mothers house), and why SA could tell his mom HD was missing when he shouldn't have known about it.

The events various people are talking about are getting mixed up between when we now know HD disappeared, and when people became aware that she disappeared. There is a 24 hour shift because of that, and I think that most of the discrepancies can be accounted for in that way.

I am curious to know what SA was doing the day HD was reported as missing. Chances are that he was probably at his mothers house.

Actually people aren't confused about there days at all:) The truth will come out soon enough. Justice for Hailey!

"Hailey's Memorial is in the planning. Everyone is invited to pay their respects at this service as Hailey's funeral will be a private family service."

--------------------

I am planning to go to Hailey's memorial service, whenever it is held. I know there will be others from here at WS who will be there. Many of us do not know each other by sight, only by heart. I was wondering if any of you planning to attend the service would like to wear a wide, orange-color ribbon around your right wrist or forearm in honor of Hailey (orange was her favorite color) and to help find each other in the crowd. I was thinking that wearing the ribbon on a forearm would be more visible and also would represent a mourning band for Hailey.

I have a feeling there will be a lot at this vigil. I know of many personally that are going to say goodbye to Hailey and to support Clint and Miss Connie. Miss Connie has stolen many peoples hearts.

Thanks to those who reassured the "delay" is not a worry in and of itself. Just with rumours about plea bargains, I expected something within hours!

Thanks to those who reassured the "delay" is not a worry in and of itself. Just with rumours about plea bargains, I expected something within hours!

Me too. I am like a child. I want it so bad (Justice) and I want it now. I want the person(s) who took Hailey's future to pay for what they have done. All the things that were taken from her, a boyfriend, a first love, going to prom, graduating high school, experiencing the college life and making life long friends, being engaged, her wedding and looking into the eyes of her own child. I want the person responsible, to pay for what they have stolen from Hailey.
I am not a patient person but I will continue to wait for as long as it takes.....

(that doesn't mean that my griping about how long it is taking will cease)

Does anyone remember how BD met SA??? Was it through friends at facebook???
Did she REALLY know him before they lived together???

--------------------

I'm not in CCity but I would be interested in attending the memorial service. I suspect that there might be quite a few orange ribbons since it was Hailey's favorite color. Maybe if we put our heads together we can come up with some way to differ from the rest of the ribbons in the crowd.

If we could meet somewhere nearby and walk to the service I could bring a roll of orange ribbon with polka dots or something so we would all look the same. I could purchase it today and post a picture so any who get there late could know which ribbon to look for. It might be nice to park a bit farther away to save closer spots for family, close friends, teachers and fellow students. Anyone know the most likely place it will be held or how soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sad (though not surprised) to see that Hailey has been found dead. It seems pretty clear to me that SA is responsible -- too many oddities in his behaviour and stories to make it likely that it was anyone else. I expect that it will turn out to have been a crime of opportunity that he managed to bungle in just the right ways to make it difficult to solve or try conclusively. I'd be surprised if we don't see an arrest in the next few weeks.

RIP Hailey.

s

I'm sad (though not surprised) to see that Hailey has been found dead. It seems pretty clear to me that SA is responsible -- too many oddities in his behaviour and stories to make it likely that it was anyone else. I expect that it will turn out to have been a crime of opportunity that he managed to bungle in just the right ways to make it difficult to solve or try conclusively. I'd be surprised if we don't see an arrest in the next few weeks.

RIP Hailey.

s

I agree that it was a crime of opportunity not that he had not had thoughts about it before I believe he did. I hope he made even more mistakes as far as trace evidence goes.

Unfortunately I can't attend and Im sure there will be many many people who can and will attend but the orange ribbon sounded like a really good idea...maybe write a white "W" on it ....to identify who is with websleuths

Scurry County's Grand Jury convenes on the first Tuesday of every month, so that is when the indictments will be handed out. so, we should see something next tuesday.

Don't know this for a fact but ran across this as I was reading today but unable to post the link as it's a FB link. A tentative date has been set for Hailey's memorial for June 8th in the evening. No exact time or place was posted so I'm not sure of it's accuracy but thought this may help some with folks trying to make plans to attend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken