State rests rebuttal case - thread #170

Status
Not open for further replies.
But perhaps she'll break out into song and do a couple of yoga moves.

Lol. For a while there I actually thought she was gonna pretend she was going crazy. Her coloring days when she asked JW to sharper her pencil for her.

I know.

But this morning I woke up sad thinking about this. It's a given that I feel sadness for Travis and his family, but I feel sad for her too. She wasted her whole life in a fit of rage, a horrible horrible tantrum.

I don't see any victory here.
Considering her "issues", I personally think it was just a matter of time. She needs to be removed permanently from society, IMO

My sister asked to me to come visit her this week and I told her I could not since closing arguments were to start. I do feel badly about it but I have been trial watching this for a few months now. She was not upset. She has not watched this trial but she said she was going to watch the Jackson one.

Just got a phone call from a friend wanting to swing by and take me to lunch. :banghead: I said "oh no....closing argument starts today" lol
she understood thank goodness.

I just wanted to give my take on the dura mater snafu.

If a juror needs a reason to not give the death penalty, this could be their excuse.

I hope everyone gets the verdict they desire.

For myself I have PTTD (Post traumatic trial disorder) from the CA trial so I am not expecting anything in particular.

Since it's early still...1 hour+ to go!!!

I thought I would ask why I am all of a sudden getting an annoying window (with accompanying annoying sound!) with the yellow "caution triangle" with the exclamation point when I try to thanks someone?

It just started yesterday. I OFTEN get the "no response" thanks - where the thanks button disappears after I click it but my thanks actually doesn't show up. But this annoying window is just that....ANNOYING!!!

I get the same thing, but mine is a 'message from the website' and I have to click OK to continue. It only happens when I hit the Thanks button but I've been getting it for months, and it happens at least 20 times a day. That's why I mention, every now and then, that I appreciate posts, in a post of my own since so many times I can't use the Thanks button.

I imagine jurors' commitments or just the fear of losing jurors. It was a long day but not unreasonable. The jurors had plenty of time to eat and sleep well.
They should be well-rested and ready to go today.
Agree. The jurors were coming off three dark court days and it wasn't as if Judge Stephens didn't give them advance notice about the long day ahead. I'm sure no one is happier than those 15 people that testimony (for this phase of the proceedings at least) is finally over.

What ruling, please?

Here geevee- it states that it doesn't matter about the sequence of events:

The court’s findings in August 2009 support that court’s determination the victim suffered both physically and mentally regardless of when the wounds were inflicted, and that the defendant knew or should have known that the victim would suffer.

She is on the hook whether she stabbed him first or shot him first. Change of weapons then= murder 1.

Originally Posted by Hopeful One:
Did anyone notice Jodi feeling up her own cleavage at one point late in the day yesterday? It was disturbing.

Uh, yeah I did . Creepy - She going to her next to last resort desperate ploy - sex? After that she murders.

Not that I am sticking up for the psycho in any way, but I think she was just pulling up her bra strap. I do it all the time :)

I only wish Judge Stephens would have had a few more marathon days, and less 4 hour court days for this trial and we would have been finished a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng time ago. I seriously cannot fathom why she handled yesterday as she did. Does a juror have a commitment after May 3???? Why the marathon on the VERY LAST DAY? Crazy

I thought she had another trial coming up in a week or so.

I agree with you but I was referring to the question asked by the juror. I just thought that one of those jurors could be buying the DT's theory that TA was not incapacitated and was questioning DH on how he would know what TA condition was since his job is autopsies.
I'm not too worried about that. I question DH's assessment as to whether TA would or would not be immediately incapacitated. DH is too absolute imo on this. All this means to me though is that JA shot TA first then proceeded to stab him. I still see clearly that this was a premeditated murder that just didn't go as she planned it. It doesn't support her story to me in any way.

I want the DP but I'd learn to live with LWOP.

Have to say I liked Geffner in that he wasn't an obvious braggart snot like ALV was and he seemed to have agreed or conceded to things JM said. His dorkiness was kind of charming in a Mr.Mcgoo sort of way.
LOL.. I'm still adjusting to the 2 spills and the burp.... :)

Not that I am sticking up for the psycho in any way, but I think she was just pulling up her bra strap. I do it all the time :)

No, believe me, this was not pulling up her bra strap. She was literally fingering her cleavage. It was gross.

I think she'll just look at the jury, smile and say cheese when the verdict is read. She wouldn't want to ruin her reputation before the sentencing phase. Once her sentence is read though---watch out !!!!!!

She had better keep quiet, the jury still will have to decide LWOP or DP. Then again, curse away Jodi! :scared:

Yes, she had a curvy nose with a slightly protruding center. It went nicely with her face. Now she has a flat plug-like nose with both nostrils on the same plane. It's pretty obvious because she took so many closeups of herself.

Speaking of that, I'm a typical family photographer and my album has almost no pictures of me at all because I'm the one taking the pictures. Think of the time she took to set up a tripod, get the settings right, compose the picture for all the hundreds of photos of herself she took.

She owes us that for what she's dragged Travis through and the time and money she has cost society.

I think you are right. The tip of the nose is very different. And now you can see nostrils even went she looks down.

She spent a lot of money on herself, but could not come up with money for the mortgage, nor to pay back Travis. (There are NO $300 boob jobs) That was a big old lie for Darryl. I wonder if she ever filed for bankruptcy....

As for all the obsessive self portraits...I remember her saying she was shy in front of a camera....could have fooled me!!

I've been thinking of an M1 verdict and getting what I call "adrenaline waves".
It happens to me when I am about to board a flight or speak in public.

There is no doubt in my mind the defendant has BPD. I think the DT should be very cautious when the verdict is read and that they should plan on having a slew of security surrounding the defendant.

One of the reasons I have changed my mind about my views regarding the DP is because I am afraid of her.

I get the same thing, but mine is a 'message from the website' and I have to click OK to continue. It only happens when I hit the Thanks button but I've been getting it for months, and it happens at least 20 times a day. That's why I mention, every now and then, that I appreciate posts, in a post of my own since so many times I can't use the Thanks button.

No one has ever answered this question. I have been here at WS since 2008 and this "triangle exclamation" just started happening. Mods????? Does anybody have a clue?????

Yes... and I tried last night to explain what a "typo" is:

A “typo” (typographical error) is:

The term includes errors due to mechanical failure or slips of the hand or finger, but excludes errors of ignorance, such as spelling errors. Most typos involve simple duplication, omission, transposition, or substitution of a small number of characters.

Typographical error - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

People all too often incorrectly minimize “mistakes” or “errors” by calling them mere “typos”. Typos can sure make a difference, like typing "heat" instead of "heart", but that's not what happened here.

I hope that it was explained to the juror's satisfaction... and I doubt that it'll break the case.

That's why proof reading is necessary, and, btw, the report did have spelling mistakes as well. I think the "typographical" error related to the durma matar was an omission of the word " not", as in, it was not intact. This really shows poor professionalism.

You really think the person should be fired though?? They're only human! I would hate to think that I could NEVER make a mistake in my job without getting fired.

ETA: Also, should the person who didn't catch the typo be fired too? Should everyone who read it and didn't catch it be fired?

Yeah, I do. It's different than typing up normal correspondence, far more critical that you be 100% accurate and it's not difficult. Maybe not in normal every day transcription, but for a huge case like this, yeah.

You normally have a tape recording which you can stop, rewind, etc. so you can double check everything. Sometimes you contact the physician to clarify if something is questionable. It might have taken a couple of hours for the person to transcribe this report, it only takes minutes to re-read it and double check.

I guess my opinion seems harsh, everyone makes mistakes but I didn't make mistakes when I typed medical reports - I knew they were too important - so double, triple checking was something I regularly did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen