Closing arguments- thread #177

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense is over. Mr. Martinez is wrapping it up for us.

Just want to say we're so proud of our members today. I know it hasn't been easy, so thank you all so much!

Thanks... We've been trying so hard to be good :blushing:

BBM What is a directed verdict? :seeya:
It won't happen but a directed verdict is basically when the judge dismisses the jury and issues an acquittal because the State hasn't met its burden. It's very often argued before the jury comes back with a verdict...and to preserve the record for appeal, they probably will.

JMO with my legal degree from CJU. (Cracker Jack University, that is. :biggrin:)

This is what I found, you might be right but this is what I found...

Visit the Rental Cars section of Priceline's website to utilize their Name Your Own Price bidding system. Enter the city you wish to rent the car in, the type of care you would like and the date of pickup and drop-off. Car types are economy, compact, mid-size, standard, full-size, premium, luxury, convertible, minivan or SUV. State the price you are willing to pay for the rental, give the name and age of the driver and submit your bid. Priceline requires valid credit card information during the process.

You should receive an answer on whether Avis, Alamo, Budget, Hertz or National has accepted your bid within a minute or two. If accepted, Priceline will charge your credit card immediately. If rejected, you can try the same bid again in 24 hours. A third scenario exists where you may receive a counteroffer from the car rental company that is slightly higher than your bid but lower than their standard rates. You can choose to accept or decline the counteroffer.

Read more: Priceline Car Rental Bidding Techniques | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/way_5760517_priceline-car-rental-bidding-techniques.html#ixzz2SGjv1WPw

But on priceline's website (not ehow)) says billed. Directly from budget or wherever.

Bad coincidences .. brilliant .. he's about to explain how we don't even need as much as we have here .. nice finish.

I think there are two types of transactions on Priceline for car rentals. If you accept their offered price, then you pay the car rental agency at the end of the transaction.The other type of transaction is where you submit a "bid" and priceline tries to match your bid up with a car rental agency. If the bid is accepted, your credit card is charged right away.

Can I just say I love Juan's tie. I think it is the most colorful tie he has worn to court. It is not gaudy it's really classy. I loved his tie yesterday too.

Juan takes pride in everything he does and it shows.

Jodi is REALLY troubled by what she is hearing. She's trying desperately to find a way to occupy herself, but she is clearly nervous and fidgety. I hope the jury is taking a peek every now and then. Here demeanor says so much - to me, anyway.

I love that he is explaining the premeditation and going over the law. It makes it so much easier to understand!

I love the fact that he is going over jury instructions again. If only we had had that in CA trial....

Ohhhhhhhhhh JM is actually putting the ground work for cruelty as well..

Nice move!

Oh, thanks, didn't know that!

fran

Fran, I had to add a caveat...my post is only true if you just reserve the car.

Priceline will let you 'bid' on car rates and if you do that, then Priceline does charge you.

So, I guess we don't know how she made the reservation..did she bid or reserve??

:blushing:

Jodi nodding "no"

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

She said she used Priceline, which was why she had to rent the car out of town, because they didn't have an offer in Yreka. But if you use Priceline, it's billed through Priceline and not Budget!

Busted in another lie.

JMHO
fran

ETA I see this theory is wrong.

Not to mention Priceline works with car rental companies in Yreka.

That is my scenario, I don't bid, I just reserve. I'm assuming that is the difference.

So, if you bid Priceline charges.

If you just reserve, the car co charges.

:truce:

I just went to priceline, put in info to rent a car in Redding CA. This is at the bottom of the reservation info:
Important Information

Once you've reviewed your information above, please review the following rules regarding rental cars issued through priceline.com:

•Payment for this reservation is due when the car is returned and will be charged by Budget Rent a Car.•The rate may change if you pick-up, or drop-off the car at a different date or time than you requested in your reservation.
•Only the driver will be able to pick up this rental car at the counter.
•You will be able to add an additional driver at the counter for an additional charge payable directly to the rental car company. Additional charges also apply for optional items, and for drivers under the age of 25.
•The driver will be required to present a valid driver's license, and a valid credit card in his/her name.
•Some locations also accept debit cards, however rental partners have different requirements for customers who will only have a debit card at the time of pickup. For more specific information please review partner payment options.
•Please see location specific rental policy and rules information.
•Budget Rent a Car will charge your credit card at the rental counter for any optional items you add to your reservation now or at the counter

jodi reasonable? omg hahahah ok then :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member