Hailey Dunn General Discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would (hopefully) keep SA from attending and denigrating Hailey's memory... at least.

If SA would attend, someone would have to request his presence.

There is absolutely no reason to keep the public away because of Shawn. THere are so many people who have done so much the past 29 months and to tell them now sorry but your not wanted is just wrong sorry.

There is absolutely no reason to keep the public away because of Shawn. THere are so many people who have done so much the past 29 months and to tell them now sorry but your not wanted is just wrong sorry.

Honestly I disagree with you. Given the circumstances it might be more difficult for Billie to deal with emotionally having all kinds of people there. Maybe there could be a separate one done for the public.

Let me be sorry for not looking at that aspect, please. I have a tendency to look at people like Miss Connie and those who simply don't need to see the face of the Only Suspect in this case while they are attempting closure.

Perhaps I am a selfish and uninformed fool.

Unless BIllie changes her mind both the funeral and memorial are now going to be private.

WTH? Did Billie say that on her FB page? Why even HAVE two different services, as in a funeral and memorial, if both are going to be private? That makes no sense! The same "private" people would attend both.

I can understand a private funeral, but a memorial is usually opened up to everyone ... and in THIS case, those who helped search for Hailey and have kept her name alive in the hope for justice. This is absolutely wrong. To shut out the very ones who have cared so much about Hailey is not only a huge slap in the face, but a absolute kick in the gut.

You know what? Hailey doesn't belong just to Billie. Hailey belongs to everyone who loved her, both before and after she went missing. Hailey became a public figure who was known, and now mourned, in all of West Texas, and not to acknowledge that mourning is a travesty. Not to publicly thank those who have done the most to try to bring Hailey home is pathetic and cruel.

The very thought of that cruelty to those whose hearts have been broken by Hailey's disappearance and death has me in tears again.

WTH? Did Billie say that on her FB page? Why even HAVE two different services, as in a funeral and memorial, if both are going to be private? That makes no sense! The same "private" people would attend both.

I'm pretty sure it was a family decision not just Billie's alone. This is from the Hope For Haily FB page.

Hope for Hailey
Yesterday
Hailey's Memorial is in the planning stages by her family. Everyone is invited to pay their respects at this service, respectably, as Hailey's funeral will be a private family service.
We have still not been notified with a specific date, but still wanted to give everyone the opportunity to order flowers early for Hailey's Memorial. The Floral Shops in C-City are posted below.
Thank you all so much for your overwhelming kindness and love for Hailey. Hailey's family as well as all of us hope to honor Hailey this day surrounded by beauty and love just like Hailey herself was beauty and love to all of us ♥

Hailey's favorite colors were purple and blue and orange represents journey searching and praying to bring Hailey home.

Colorado Floral & Gifts
341 E. Third Street
Colorado City, TX 79512
Local Number 325-728-5254

Stacie's Creations
258 Walnut St, C

Honestly I disagree with you. Given the circumstances it might be more difficult for Billie to deal with emotionally having all kinds of people there. Maybe there could be a separate one done for the public.

Respectfully, I have to say this ISN'T about Billie. This is about Hailey. Or it's supposed to be about Hailey, and all those who have loved and cared about her.

So you're saying there could be a separate one for the public? That's what the memorial is supposed to be for, separate from a private funeral. Billie doesn't even have to ATTEND the memorial if it's too difficult for her!

Respectfully, I have to say this ISN'T about Billie. This is about Hailey. Or it's supposed to be about Hailey, and all those who have loved and cared about her.

So you're saying there could be a separate one for the public? That's what the memorial is supposed to be for, separate from a private funeral. Billie doesn't even have to ATTEND a memorial if it's too difficult for her!

It is. If we allow it to be.

I'm pretty sure it was a family decision not just Billie's alone. This is from the Hope For Haily FB page.

Okay, I think we're talking about two different things here.

For the Kids said Billie was now saying the funeral AND memorial were both going to be private, as in two separate services.

I've seen that statement from the HFH FB page, and it's talking about having a public memorial. For the Kids posted that Billie is now saying the PUBLIC MEMORIAL is also going to be private. THAT is what we think is wrong.

If I'm confused about what has been said, I apologize in advance.

I just don't want to continue to feel hijacked by what billie says. We've already had years of that.

There would be no reason to have a memorial AND a funeral if both are private. Many of the people who spent countless hours looking for Hailey have more of a right to be at the memorial than certain family members that never once looked for her, yet if it's private they will not be allowed to say their goodbyes. It's selfish not to have a public memorial. Bet money if the memorial becomes private their will be a second memorial done by the town that will be made public.

I don't believe that SA would turn up anyway. He's moved far away, broken up with Billie and been named the public enemy number one. I think he'd want to lay low and not risk the unpleasantness.

There would be no reason to have a memorial AND a funeral if both are private.

Exactly what I said! It makes no sense.

Many of the people who spent countless hours looking for Hailey have more of a right to be at the memorial than certain family members that never once looked for her, yet if it's private they will not be allowed to say their goodbyes. It's selfish not to have a public memorial.

I absolutely agree with every word you said!

Bet money if the memorial becomes private their will be a second memorial done by the town that will be made public.

Damn straight! I have NEVER heard of a family refusing to let people come to a memorial. Even in their grief, they are thankful for those who searched for, and cared about, their loved one.

I don't believe that SA would turn up anyway. He's moved far away, broken up with Billie and been named the public enemy number one. I think he'd want to lay low and not risk the unpleasantness.

I don't believe he would either for the exact reasons you mentioned!

For the funeral to be private, yes of course. The memorial, how sad for all those who would like to pay their respects to Hailey. This drama has got to stop, all those who have facebook know exactly what I mean!!!

Hailey's Memorial is in the planning stages by her family. Everyone is invited to pay their respects at this service, respectably, as Hailey's funeral will be a private family service.
We have still not been notified with a specific date, but still wanted to give everyone the opportunity to order flowers early for Hailey's Memorial. The Floral Shops in C-City are posted below.
Thank you all so much for your overwhelming kindness and love for Hailey. Hailey's family as well as all of us hope to honor Hailey this day surrounded by beauty and love just like Hailey herself was beauty and love to all of us ♥

Hailey's favorite colors were purple and blue and orange represents journey searching and praying to bring Hailey home.

Colorado Floral & Gifts
341 E. Third Street
Colorado City, TX 79512
Local Number 325-728-5254

What is this supposed to mean then? Is everyone invited to go to the service? I'm confused.

https://www.facebook.com/Hailey.Dunn.OfficialHopeForHailey

Whatever decisions are made for Hailey's memorial and funeral service is up to her family. That includes Billie and Clint.

We have no right to bash their choices.
Although 'we' may love this child it is up to her parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa