Hailey Dunn General Discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipped from your link

"However, spokeswoman Katherine Gilkinson Chaumont acknowledged investigators continue to receive tips – and urged individuals, regardless of the amount of information they may have, to consider contacting authorities.

“Even if they think information they have is insignificant,” Gilkinson Chaumont said Friday."

SO how are others taking this-??

Carp- they really got nothing & still need all the help they can get

OR

finally now that Hailey is found, lips are getting loose & adding to the slam dunk

just curious, I found this interesting, may be the cold meds

Awe well that is good! I wondered where FTK was hearing that about it not being open cause I had not seen it anywhere.

It was on FB this morning that BD was considering making the public memorial being private and invitation only. There were some other posters that agreed with her. I did a screenshot of the conversation. I was flabbergasted that this was even being considered because so many people gave so much of themselves searching for Hailey and once she has been found, to be barred from attending the memorial, seemed unconscionable.

For whatever reason, the public memorial is back to being public. No date, place or time has been presented.

For the funeral to be private, yes of course. The memorial, how sad for all those who would like to pay their respects to Hailey. This drama has got to stop, all those who have facebook know exactly what I mean!!!

I'm embarrassed for them.:facepalm:

I don't know if the following Links have been posted already. If so, my apology for posting.

http://www.newswest9.com/story/22147915/exclusive-billie-dunns-lawyer-speaks-to-newswest-9
KWES - Midland, TX -- 5/2/13

EXCLUSIVE: Billie Dunn's Lawyer Talks With NewsWest 9
~~~~~

http://www.oaoa.com/news/crime_just...cle_266d5e2a-b37e-11e2-a689-001a4bcf6878.html
Odessa American - Odessa, TX -- 5/3/13

Investigators mum on Hailey Dunn investigation
Date for memorial service pending
~~~~~

http://www.ktxs.com/news/fbi-seeks-...h/-/14769632/20007962/-/118w1srz/-/index.html
KTXS - Abilene, TX -- 5/3/13

FBI seeks tips in Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn's death

Snipped:

SCURRY COUNTY, Texas -

Calling it “sensitive information,” the FBI won’t disclose how many tips investigators have received since the remains of Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn were identified as those found in March in Scurry County.

However, spokeswoman Katherine Gilkinson Chaumont acknowledged investigators continue to receive tips – and urged individuals, regardless of the amount of information they may have, to consider contacting authorities.

“Even if they think information they have is insignificant,” Gilkinson Chaumont said Friday.

The FBI is asking “anyone with information about the disappearance of Hailey” to contact the Scurry County Sheriff’s Office at 325-573-3551, the FBI Dallas Division at 972-559-5000 or submit a tip online at tips.fbi.gov.

I'm embarrassed for them.:facepalm:

Yes, and I saw the same conversation you did. It seemed to me to be about power and control, and someone is feeling loss in those areas. For a person used to being in control, I'm sure it is very uncomfortable right about now.

Someone was asking many threads back about a video showing the back uard being searched at BD home. All videos are still on you tube that particular one is Nancy Grace part 6. I searched billie dunn and there are many videos and also searched SA there are videos and also searched HD ! All videos and interviews are there on you tube. JFYI it refreashed my memory alot to watch those interviews again. As strange as some of them were. Take time to watch them....

What is this supposed to mean then? Is everyone invited to go to the service? I'm confused.

https://www.facebook.com/Hailey.Dunn.OfficialHopeForHailey

What is means is that there will be a public memorial for the circus it is surely going to be, given all the passions the case has evoked in random people who didn't even know HD.

There will also be a service (HD's remains might be kept in evidence for a long time) that will effectively be the funeral. That will be private.

More appropriate terms would be the "memorial service" and the "burial service", which are two different things.

I can't speak for HD's family of course, but personally if I were grieving, having my grief as a public spectacle would be the last thing I would want. So IMO the setup they have arranged makes sense.

I don't believe that SA would turn up anyway. He's moved far away, broken up with Billie and been named the public enemy number one. I think he'd want to lay low and not risk the unpleasantness.

There is no reason for him to show up, he is not family and they have an adverserial relationship with him now. It would just cause drama and serve no purpose.

snipped from your link

"However, spokeswoman Katherine Gilkinson Chaumont acknowledged investigators continue to receive tips – and urged individuals, regardless of the amount of information they may have, to consider contacting authorities.

“Even if they think information they have is insignificant,” Gilkinson Chaumont said Friday."

SO how are others taking this-??

Carp- they really got nothing & still need all the help they can get

OR

finally now that Hailey is found, lips are getting loose & adding to the slam dunk

just curious, I found this interesting, may be the cold meds

Well, it was obvious from the lack of substantial information in the initial affidavits and the absence of follow up warrants that they have little evidence in the case. They probably don't know much more other than she is dead and it was most likely a homicide. Finding HD's body is important since it eliminates possibilities, but I doubt they found much more in the way of evidence at the scene other than her bones.

The big problem they are going to face after all this time is that there isn't going to be any physical evidence left if it hasn't been found by now, and any witness evidence is going to be hopelessly contaminated after over two years of relatively intense local interest.

That is going to make the investigation an uphill struggle. Of course, they could allways go for a Hail Mary pass, charge SA and try to convict him on circumstantial stuff and emotion. I am not a big fan of that strategy, since IMO it produces a significant number of false convictions.

I think they will have a hard time establishing opportunity (or motive for that matter), plus there is the inconvenient problem in that they have a duty to prove beyond reasonable doubt while the defence only has to establish reasonable doubt.

This is sort of off topic but related in a way. Yesterday, Charles Capone was charged with the 1st degree murder of Rachael Anderson. She went missing April 16, 2010. Capone is her husband, and was a suspect from the get-go. Washington State LE was very close-mouthed throughout the case. We often wondered if they were doing anything at all in terms of investigating, what the hang-up with the lab results was, etc. The charging documents were released yesterday and chock full of information, some we had speculated on and other things we had no knowledge of. Capone has not revealed the location of Rachael's body, but they are going to trial anyway.

I guess what I'm trying to convey is, LE likely has much more evidence than we think.

BBM

I'm sure that is the case. :please:

There is no reason for him to show up, he is not family and they have an adverserial relationship with him now. It would just cause drama and serve no purpose.

That is exactly why I think he'd show up, along with others such as bothering Billie, to show he can if he wants, etc.
I do expect him to make an appearance. I think he'll try to blend in or stand off and watch but I do expect him to be there or near enough to see. We all know he's not the normal person.

MOO

Im with you menmo.. I think he will be there unless he is incarcerated. A girl can hope.

Lets hope if Billie is saying "Private" it is still open to all invited guests that knew Hailey and to volunteers that searched and anyone who wanted to offer support to Hailey ....

That way she can exclude people she might think does NOT belong there....examples
Like the press and SA and his family or whoever else she thinks....

Billie has a hard time communicating and I have a hard understanding what she means to say ...

we may have to "ask" to be invited to the memorial.

This way it is considered private..... at least I hope that Billie wishes to include all the people that donated some much of their time and money looking for Hailey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500