Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want this to matter to me as much as it does. I am not in a good place and won't be until I hear the right verdict. I don't want to do this again. But I have a feeling I will. Right here. With you all. What in the he&& is wrong with me? ;)

The jury will get it right, you'll see.

You're here because you care! There is nothing wrong with you! :blowkiss:

Agree...and that was a 6 *week* trial...imagine if it was a 4 *MONTH * trial......

But again...this has nothing to do with CA....come on guys....do you realize how many other NON-HIGH PROFILE CASES LIKE THIS HAPPEN EVERY HOUR OF EVERY DAY?

everybody breathe.

I agree about the Pinellas 12 and in an odd kind of way, the fact that they are not in a big rush is a little bit reassuring to me that they are taking their duty seriously. Would I have liked to see a Murder One verdict come down today?
Absolutely ! But I would rather wait for the right verdict than one like that bogus one we got in that other trial just because they want to be done with it... JMO

My feeling is they have made their decision. If they were laughing back there before leaving they are ready and decided to sleep on it. Just a feeling, nothing more.

I absolutely agree. The 10 am is because there is no rush hour to deal with.....:please:

I'm going with Beth Karas on this one. I think they did reach a verdict, they're going to all go home and sleep on it and vote again tomorrow to make sure there's no second thoughts.

If they were all convinced of M1 the initial vote would have been unanimous. Obviously that isn't the case.... The longer it goes, the less I like it.... I vaccilate from minute to minute with my feelings. I want to hope.

Maybe the do have a verdict and are waiting to announce it tomorrow so they can arrive at courthouse dressed better for interviews. Guess we need to find out how they are dressed tomorrow. Can they speak to media if they convict of Felony Murder 1?

I am listening to my husband and son watching an old horror movie, "The Black Scorpion." One of the characters keeps referring to another as "Juanito." This was my grandfather's nickname- his full name?? Juan Martinez :)
I take this as a good omen! :)

Since nothing going on yet I'll tell my experience w/ famous people. I worked at a large airport and met tons of celebs. Most were just meh and not at all memorable. Nicest -Matt Damon. Funniest - Robert Klein. Most interesting- Al Sharpton. Snobbiest- Ricky Martin and his "people"- they were NOT nice!

Same here. George W. and Laura Bush on a regular basis (exceedingly nice - even have my pic with him). Terry Bradshaw (super nice) Joe Theisman (freakin' hilarious) Greg Kinnear (NOT nice) Sam Johnson (went out of his way to show his ego) Edie Bernice Jonson (ugghhhhh) Sarah Palin and family (nice)

Several sports teams :

Atlanta Braves (generally nice, management NOT nice)
Dallas Stars (all nice)
Houston Texans (management nice, players NOT nice)

I can't really remember all of them, these are the ones that stick out as either good or bad for specific reasons - not just run of the mill seeing them for a few seconds.

My favorite based on just a few minutes experience.
Mayor Mike Bloomberg (stuck his hand in the 'public' popcorn machine equipped with both a scoop and bags - who does that? Rude, inconsiderate much?Employees at the airport had to dump the entire machine after that).

No there is no minimum time a jury must deliberate. There is no appeal based on the length of time of deliberations. This jury is fully entitled to go through whatever process they deem important.

This case is theirs now. It's not "ours." This is their job and it's up to them. No one has any right to insist on how they should go about it or how much time they should or should not take. What I think is troubling is when an antsy public acts like they won't find out the ending to a fave TV show. This is not entertainment and spectators have no business chastising a deliberating jury because a jury isn't fast enough for their tastes. A bloodthirsty group is a detriment to the entire legal process. That's not why Juan became a prosecutor and I think he'd shake his head at the behavior going on.

This is OT, but I wanted to come here to let you all know that 3 girls that were abducted 10 years ago in Cleveland were just found alive -- held captive all this time. Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus and another. I am in shock! (Cleveland native here)

Yes--I think one of our first dates, mine talked the whole dinner about the construction of airplanes and calculus!!:floorlaugh:

He is the ideal partner for me, since I am the complete opposite of logical! I'm pure emotion!:floorlaugh:

My DH fixes everything--so when I was getting excited about our washer's spin cycle not functioning (I was fantasizing about a brand new shiny large capacity number), he was able to fix it. Curses!

OMG! Same here. I had these damn harvest gold appliances for way too many years, thanks to my "handy" husband. I fried the dishwasher on purpose in order to get rid of the last "gold" appliance I had. My neighbor was my accomplice, LOL!

Somehow I feel that the decision to start later tomorrow indicates they have reached a verdict. They must be so eager to get things over with; why would they prolong it? I am not explaining myself very well, but this is how if feels to me, very strongly.

ETA: I see I am not alone!

Ugh. Jean C reporting the jurors left looking pensive, like there are hold outs and they are NOT starting deliberations until 10:00am tomorrow.

She doesn't know squat. If I were a jutor walking through that media jungle I'd have a game face on too.

Makes sense... Extra hour to get media ready... Dress nice, make-up etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it is murder 1 they won't talk to the media. They will have to go through and decide the penalty phase first.

I think she's thrilled that her spawn is giving her the time of day. Her mom visits her every day.

It won't surprise me one bit if Mom writes a tell all book. She certainly took a lot of notes during the trial.

Ugh. Jean C reporting the jurors left looking pensive, like there are hold outs and they are NOT starting deliberations until 10:00am tomorrow.

From what I've learned of JC over the past few months, this comment sounds like wishful thinking on her part.

Oh good Lord, Jean Cesarez being an alarmist again with the "the jurors looked so somber as if they're in complete disagreement ... I've never seen that from them before ... they do not look as if they are in sync at all ... and they're starting late tomorrow and I don't know what that means ... maybe someone has an appointment or ...

and lets it hang like that.

Thank GAWD for Beth Karas who jumped in and said:

"Or maybe they have a verdict. I've seen that. They all go home and sleep on it to make certain they're ok with the decision."

THE VOICE OF REASON.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member