Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I remember JM told them to start at M1 premeditated, If they satisfy that, unanimously, they stop. They do not continue to the next option. I wish they had JM closing argument. That explains it so simply. It's my understanding they do not have any transcripts. I find that really bizarre they are encouraged to use memory and notes. I'm clearly nervous about the deliberation time. I am really counting on an early morning verdict and the late start with no other explanation.

Murder 1 w/premeditated Guilty as charged! :gthanks:

I want to know the case Nancy had that had 52 days of trial?

In Georgia that is unheard of even in a death penalty case.

IMO

Not sure if it was 52 day but one of her last cases as a Fulton Co. prosecutor was Weldon Wayne Carr. That trial was quite lengthy. I even attended a couple of days of it. As much as I don't care for her on air persona, she was one helluva great prosecutor in the courtroom.

She got a conviction but the case was later overturned. Too bad because the man is guilty as sin. Been almost 10 yrs and still makes my blood boil.

Wow Micheal Hughes on NG saying when Juan showed autops photo withTravis' slashed neck her Mom and Grandma laughed!!!!! Theare discusting beings uggggghhhh

Something very off with that family.
Grrrrrrr poor Alexander family I pray they get their well deserved verdict of dp

Sorry, didn't mean to cause confusion if that's not the case as we have WS lawyers. I'm just a kindergarten teacher...lol I will delete the post about it. My apologies.

:hug: No problems!!! It happens!!!

Sorry, didn't mean to cause confusion if that's not the case as we have WS lawyers. I'm just a kindergarten teacher...lol I will delete the post about it. My apologies.

No worries, really!!! Don't go.

And thank you for your work as a teacher-- overworked and underappreciated but amazing people! Lots of educators in my family. Such dedicated folks!

I'm so glad I'm not alone in being on edge about the deliberations. I know it's just that vile taste in my mouth left over from Pinellas Co., but I am TERRIFIED.

Ugh.....!!!!

Hang with the "the coming back at 10 am tomorrow is a good thing " crowd for a bit. It helps :scared::eek:lympics:

Since they haven't been able to talk to ANYONE about any of this for four months, I was hoping for, but not expecting a "quick" verdict.

I would imagine that even if they all are on the same page that they want to talk things over, discuss the witness, evidence, discrepancies (lies), etc.

Absolutely. If I were a juror, I would want to examine each of the principal claims of both the prosecution and the defense. To review the credibility of each witness. It is a murder trial, not some petty larceny.

Also, Beth Karas was just saying on HLN that it is possible that the jurors have asked questions/requested evidence and we don't know it. The judge said to ask questions in writing. IF she received any questions she could do a conference call with the attorneys to discuss it, then answer them in writing.
Excellent point!

Uh oh. Jean C. said the jurors just left and looked very serious. More than she has seen them all trial. She sees that as a sign that there is a disagreement.
HOWEVER, Beth K just said she feels they have made a decision, are going home to think about it, and will discuss again tomorrow.

Oh good grief - HLN analysts trying to read the tea leaves! Aaarrrggghhh!
I have had my fill of those idiots. Not just the After Dark stupidity with their ludicrous jury, but even NG. I know that she is on Travis' side, but she is still obnoxious and annoying.

Mellinyce ...
Please don't feel this way & please don't feel the need to hold off on posting till the verdict.
Really ... you did nothing wrong, HLN says all kinds of off the cuff things.
Not your fault at all!!

Hope you will keep posting here with us.
You'rea part of this community and the end of trial is near.
Hang with us please!

:blushing:

I think there will be a verdict tomorrow. I kind of agree with Beth K that that is the reason they're not starting until 10 tomorrow. I don't give a flip what Jean C says. She always, always leans toward the defense.

My aunt was on the jury of a very high profile trial here in my county about 10 years ago. A group of girls murdered another girl who they were all upset with over a drug deal. They drove her out to a deserted field out in the middle of no where under the assumption they were having a bonfire party. They shot her and left her there. No one found her for over a week. They deliberated for 4 days, but found her guilty of 1st degree murder. My aunt said there were various opinions among them all, but they all pretty much agreed from the beginning that it was 1st degree. They all listened to each other and took it very seriously. In the end they gave her LWOP, not death. My aunt said it was one of the hardest things she had ever done in her life. She said she had nightmares throughout the trial and for months after it was over and said that if you ever have another persons life in your hands, no matter what horrible thing they may have done, you cannot fathom what it's like. I'm not worried at all and won't be until about 3pm Wednesday.

That is very sad.

I just would like to know, how did they pinpoint 1 girl for that horrible crime? Terrible, but that is quite different. IMO.

Arias admitted it. Not only that, there are pictures of the crime in progress. It should not be that difficult, especially when there is not a single person that will say TA had ever been violent....ever....Never bullied anyone or assaulted anyone.

I would not have any issues convicting her of 1st degree murder. Period. Not at all. My conscience would be clear issuing the DP.

That webslueths radio interview was fascinating. If anyone hasnt listened yet I suggest you do. It really takes you behind the scenes with travis, jodi, and chris and sky hughes. I am shocked he wasn't called to the stand with all the information he had.

It was so nice to hear him talk without commercials or a quick 2 minute tv show segment with host interruptions.

Whoa Mellinyce, don't leave! No one should be disgruntled over any of your remarks, don't chase yourself away. We are all here to speculate, regurgitate, marinate, and postulate - and you should not stop posting because you are doing what we all are doing.

At least you are NICE in your posts!!!! Post away, we love you! At least I do ;)

:blushing: Gracias! I was not intending on NOT being here...NOT AT ALL just sitting on my hands and posting only when I know something for sure and NOT from HLN from now on...:floorlaugh: Ty and everyone else...I LOVE YOU FOLKS!!!!

@katiecoolady 1m

Regular court watchers reporting "jean casarez is nuts" #jodiarias

:lol:

I really believe there will be a verdict tomorrow. That was my original guess. We'll all have to wait and see! Have faith peeps.

It will be Murder 1 for sure. JMO

I think Chris has brother too.

Twin brothers I believe Dave and Micheal?

DAVID HUGHES, KNEW TRAVIS ALEXANDER: Well, actually, I`m David. Mike is actually the one that got in the courtroom. I know you get that confused because we`re twins.

PINSKY: Got it.

DAVID HUGHES: As a matter of fact your producer was trying to get us to dress alike. And that`s a really sore subject to us, because my mom --

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1305/02/ddhln.01.html

This is when we need katiecoolady... someone who tells us what the JURY is doing...grrr.

I'm late to this post, so maybe this has been clarified... but isn't the jury in a room alone? KCL isn't in there with them, I don't think? How would she know?

They want to get better dressed and start out fresh tomorrow. A late verdict today would mean a long night tonight, since they would have to wait for all the principals to show up. Tomorrow they can do the verdict, then all go have lunch

Somehow, missmazzy, that sounds like the best reason so far! Yeah, let it happen well before the sun goes down, and then they can go to lunch & really & truly relax for the first time since early January!

However --

If it's murder one,
they aren't done.

But lunch will be a good respite from the jury room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288