Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I remember JM told them to start at M1 premeditated, If they satisfy that, unanimously, they stop. They do not continue to the next option. I wish they had JM closing argument. That explains it so simply. It's my understanding they do not have any transcripts. I find that really bizarre they are encouraged to use memory and notes. I'm clearly nervous about the deliberation time. I am really counting on an early morning verdict and the late start with no other explanation.

Murder 1 w/premeditated Guilty as charged! :gthanks:

They have to decide upon two counts of murder 1. Both. They have to decide if it was premeditated. Regardless of that decision, they also have to decide if it's felony murder.

Those are two big decisions with a lot of evidence to consider for each count. And they can't just say, "ok, premeditated, let's go." They have to go through the jury instructions for determining each and then deliberate. Heck, it could take awhile just to grasp the nuances of the jury instructions.

Hey, that's no big deal. I've done the same thing. I kinda have the feeling it's not just you and me, either, LOL!

I will refrain from saying how I feel about Jodie's family and how off they are. I will not loose my posting privledge.:banghead::banghead:

:blushing: Gracias! I was not intending on NOT being here...NOT AT ALL just sitting on my hands and posting only when I know something for sure and NOT from HLN from now on...:floorlaugh: Ty and everyone else...I LOVE YOU FOLKS!!!!

Yeah Mellinyce !!
Glad you're hanging around & posting.
We are sooooo close to verdict now - ya gotta be here with us !
Cheers!

This is my theory on why the jury came out stern.

First, I dont think we have anything to worry about.

I think what happened was the jury finally feels that this is their turn to be in control after not having any control whatsoever for the past 4 months. So, this is their turn to make Jodi wait, make the media wait, make the judge and attorneys wait, etc.

I think what happened is they probably have decided already towards the end of the day and they all agreed to take their time and get a nice long breakfast tomorrow and come in an hour late so they can be ready to finalize their decision.

And the important part is when they left today, they all agreed to purposely come out stern with poker faces so that nobody can read where they are leaning in their deicison. The reason I feel they purposely came out with stern faces is because at lunch time, it was reported they were smiling and laughing, so I think they put on a front here at the end of the day for the media.

I think tomorrow this will be over and I dont think we have anything to worry about.

I hope you're right, but it is taking way longer than I thought it would. The longer they don't have a verdict, it favors the defense. I hope I'm wrong because I'm 100% convinced she's guilty of premeditated murder and I think the prosecution has proved it beyond a reasonable doubt.

Something I saw on HLN today, that I never thought about before convinces me completely that JA did not go into a fog after the murder. Some of you probably heard it as well. There were no bloody finger prints of Jodi's on any of the light switches, the door knobs, etc., which means she cleaned her hands before she left then said under oath that when she came out of the fog near the Hover Dam, her hands were covered with blood and that is when she realized "something bad" had happened. How did she get out of that house with all that blood on her hands and leave no traces of blood on the door knob? Remember, she claimed to have washed the blood off her hands when she stopped in the desert. This is just one more lie by JA. If she had left blood anywhere when she exited the house, the roommates would have seen it and found Travis's body before so much time had passed. If her hands were covered in blood when she stopped in the desert, and none was found in the house downstairs, she must have jumped out the upstairs window. There is no fog, she remembers everything.

Then explain why I read at least one post that said "I'm disgusted by how long this jury is taking....."

That was me that used the word "disgust". I deleted that post so I didn't offend anyone else. I was feeling disgust because it is so obvious to me that M1 premeditated murder was proven and I was having a flashback to what happened in Orlando. My nerves are shot. I guess I should not have used the word "disgust", but a word more like "panicky". I am sorry to offend anyone.

Actually, He has twin brothers, Michael and David Hughes.

1). You don't consider the punishment during the guilt phase. And she is GUILTY.

2) I would not put someone to death but I wish the States would consider a place of confinement that is solitary and away from the general population. She certainly deserves that.

BBM- but as the one footing the bill of a person that cannot be rehabilitated, I would support her euthanasia. Being that she would go peacefully, would be an issue for me. She has laughed and profited in the face of TA.

LWOP would be awesome for her. A huge sorority party.:twocents:

Twin brothers I believe Dave and Micheal?

DAVID HUGHES, KNEW TRAVIS ALEXANDER: Well, actually, I`m David. Mike is actually the one that got in the courtroom. I know you get that confused because we`re twins.

PINSKY: Got it.

DAVID HUGHES: As a matter of fact your producer was trying to get us to dress alike. And that`s a really sore subject to us, because my mom --

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1305/02/ddhln.01.html

I did not read your post first. I should have. Cause I was googling away, thinking I was seeing double. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

May I suggest.... an HLN-free evening... the stress level goes down. Way down.

Then again... this is coming from the person who is working on her third milkshake of the day! :giggle:

That's my plan! Gonna watch Bates Motel, take my mind of the trial, I have faith in this jury.

Would LOVE a milkshake too!!!!! :cool:

:blushing: Gracias! I was not intending on NOT being here...NOT AT ALL just sitting on my hands and posting only when I know something for sure and NOT from HLN from now on...:floorlaugh: Ty and everyone else...I LOVE YOU FOLKS!!!!

Mell
Your not alone were all feeling like we want to say things out of disgust! Ill just leave it at that.

That was me that used the word "disgust". I deleted that post so I didn't offend anyone else. I was feeling disgust because it is so obvious to me that M1 premeditated murder was proven and I was having a flashback to what happened in Orlando. My nerves are shot. I guess I should not have used the word "disgust", but a word more like "panicky". I am sorry to offend anyone.

We are ALL on pins and needles...I can't imagine how Travis' family is feeling. Tis' ok darlin...we just waiting...anxiously dear.

OMG ... Dr Drew has that Christie Paul on to co-host with him ... Seriously, can't he do any better than that ? :banghead:

And back to Verdict Watch ... I am very surprised that there was no verdict today ...

I am ...

:scared::scared::scared:

I'm so glad I'm not alone in being on edge about the deliberations. I know it's just that vile taste in my mouth left over from Pinellas Co., but I am TERRIFIED.

Ugh.....!!!!
I'm terrified also, Tracey!:scared:!!!
And you're exactly right! If it weren't for the Pinella's Cty12 I wouldn't feel all nervous and nauseated!!! I have trust issues now! (with juries)
My prayers are with Travis' family, and the jurors!

They want to get better dressed and start out fresh tomorrow. A late verdict today would mean a long night tonight, since they would have to wait for all the principals to show up. Tomorrow they can do the verdict, then all go have lunch

Somehow, missmazzy, that sounds like the best reason so far! Yeah, let it happen well before the sun goes down, and then they can go to lunch & really & truly relax for the first time since early January!

However --

If it's murder one,
they aren't done.

But lunch will be a good respite from the jury room.

And Tuesday, May 7, 2013, will be a good day for Travis and his family.

Let us hope and think positive thoughts.

Wow Micheal Hughes on NG saying when Juan showed autops photo withTravis' slashed neck her Mom and Grandma laughed!!!!! Theare discusting beings uggggghhhh

I really hope that is not true.

Well, I really don't know what to think of this. No verdict? I hope we get it tomorrow.

Yeah I was having a ball. In the hospital with my kid waiting on a verdict....at least he was passed out.

http://6g6.eu/sih0-verdict.jpg

The jury is coming in tomorrow morning at 10am instead of 9.
(Not sure if you've been able to catch up on posts)

Did I see you say that your son is in the hospital for the next 5 days?

That is very sad.

I just would like to know, how did they pinpoint 1 girl for that horrible crime? Terrible, but that is quite different. IMO.

Arias admitted it. Not only that, there are pictures of the crime in progress. It should not be that difficult, especially when there is not a single person that will say TA had ever been violent....ever....Never bullied anyone or assaulted anyone.

I would not have any issues convicting her of 1st degree murder. Period. Not at all. My conscience would be clear issuing the DP.

It wasn't just one. There was another charged with 1st degree murder and the other one was charged with a lesser crime, but I can't remember what it was now. They were all tried separately. The two who were charged with 1st degree were the ones who orchestrated the whole thing and the girl whose trial my aunt participated in was the one who actually pulled the trigger. The other girl was found guilty of 1st degree also and got LWOP.

omgosh i love mark eiglarsh. he's on dr. drew in a studio full of fog!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44