Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 and 05/07/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Often I'll try to "Thanks" a post and it won't work until I've refreshed a time or two. So everyone please consider yourself thanked by me today since refreshing gums up the works.

FYI, unless I'm mistaken, JM's next case involves a former policeman charged with 2nd degree murder:

http://www.kpho.com/story/19243370/judge-dismisses-wrongful-death-suit-against-phoenix

I've seen mention of a possible deal. I sure wouldn't want to face the The Great One. IIRC, JSS will be presiding.

I just got a manicure - was having difficulty picking a colour (when my mind is pre-occupied I get overwhelmed by smal decisions) and then it came to me - justice for Travis blue! It's pretty close the the WS 'reply to thread' banner colour). It may seem trivial but I'm superstitious and it makes me feel good to look at it!

Me too!!! Great minds, huh?:floorlaugh:

SoSueMe: Done! no more video sharing or smilies for me either;
anything so we can all stay here!

HLN showing "Travis' friends remember Travis". So many loved him. <3

that most of y'all are doing the same thing I am while we wait.... replaying the trial and testimony over in your minds.

We talked a lot about how ridiculous the DV defense was given that they never lived together, had kids, etc. JA obviously wasn't trapped.

BUT!, I just thought of something sitting here.... Did Travis ever even go to JA's space? I mean, was he ever even a guest in a place that she lived?

Their entire relationship was HER showing up at HIS home or friends home!

So true! Even her father said everytime he talked to her, she was at TA's house. Years ago, DV was only applied to victims who were married or living together. It never applied to 'dating' or 'going steady'. And I would like to know when it became a crime to let off steam in written or verbal form. Travis never said he was going to 'kill' his stalker - he just wanted her out of his life. He described her to a 'T' in his email rant. Unfortunately, it cost him his life!

Jodi Arias is so evil, so dangerous....I can't see any jury giving her less than the DP. What she did to Travis after the murder is unconscionable. Not only did she kill him 3 times in the shower; she killed his reputation every day for 4 months in the courtroom.

JODI ARIAS IS THE WORST OF THE WORST!!! Give her what she deserves and begged for - the DP!!!

:seeya: I agree ... I don't care if the jury is dressed in their "pajamas" !

:drumroll: I just want to see a FIRST DEGREE PRE-MED MURDER Verdict !

Pajamas... HAHAHAHAHA!

Brings visuals to me...

Jury-----------> :pillowfight2: :pillowfight2: :pillowfight2:

:pillowfight2: :pillowfight2: :pillowfight2:

:D

I just changed my post setting and I like the 50 posts per page much better than the default.
I would highly recommend it, on top of us all being asked to do so by Sue anyway :)

Thanks Mods for being on top of everything and giving us this wonderful place to wait for and seek justice for Travis!

Gosh I feel like I'm waiting for someone to give birth. Anxiously pacing.:floorlaugh:

Remember the "other measure" JA says nurmi asked for? This ENTIRE ploy by nurmi was very simply a blackmail attempt to get the pay raise he wanted. He's really good at blackmail, you know.
He asked, but never took the steps he knew were necessary to get off the case. He didn't want off the case - he simply pretended to open a new office so he could get the private pay rather than the public defense attorney pay.
Reminds me of .............. can't say if I want to stay here. lol

That's a pretty strong (an likely untrue) accusation, that he pretended to open a new practice. Do you have any backup?

I've seen the web sites for his practice, they don't look pretend to me.

I don't like the guy but accusing officers of the court of lying to the court is pretty out there, unless of couse I'm missing the back-up.

And the statement "he didn't want off the case," well every indication I've seen from his behavior says the opposite.

Okay, lets get this verdict on... I am fed up with the arrogance this defendant is displaying with all her proxy tweeting, art selling and trying to ride the coattails of domestic violence survivors. Time for the justice system to drag her off to prison by her crooked little finger, and shut her down.

Oh boy, I just changed my setting to 100 posts per page...wow...I didn't know we could change that, I say yay! Thanks Sue!

Today I have lunch monitor duty at dd's school 11:50-1ish MDT. I will have my cell in hand in case I get a text that there is a verdict. I saw this morning that the 30 minute lead time is no one hour after the court is informed they have a verdict? I hope the wait is over soon, because I know it has to be hard on Travis' family and friends. So if I miss the live verdict I won't be bummed because I know it is best for the family.

Hang in there everyone! And, imo, don't watch HLN if you don't have to!

I've seen comments that make it sound like as soon as a verdict is read, if guilty, then the penalty phase starts right away. Like the minute after the verdict.

I would guess the lawyers have to have a day or so to prepare, get their notes and files together, witnesses have to be subpoenaed.....

Does it really start directly after guilt phase?

I think it really depends on what time the verdict comes in-some do start right after & some start the next day

Dear fellow WSers,

Please accept my sincere apologies for my little rant and melt down yesterday. There is something about this particular case that has gotten deeply under my normally tougher hide. When there was no verdict yesterday...well. No excuses. I was out of line and I'm sorry.

No worries! Is it bad that I don't remember much of what I read here yesterday?!? The fog, man, the fog! :rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle