Hailey Dunn General Discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those able to read The Snyder Daily News for the next month :) Is there an archive function and does it list Grand Jury results for months or years past? I am wondering if there are 2 sealed indictments in the past that weren't open, possibly because of lack of evidence. TIA It has been awhile now since we heard that Hailey was found/IDed but it still stings to read she is gone. Time for Justice for Hailey.

No, no archive function, no search function. Nothing interactive at all. OOps..found the archives area........

:seeya: Good Morning,

I was checking in to see if there have been any :jail::jail: and I see none have been made yet ...

I understand it takes time and they are getting their "ducks in a row" ...

:please: I want to see Justice for Hailey !

:moo:

Thank you. This is very helpful, but I don't really get the grand jury thing. Let's say, LE found DNA from John doe at the scene where the remains were found. Could they question and arrest John doe or would they have to go to Grand jury first. I am not saying any DNA was found. This is just a "what if".

They can question and arrest John Doe for the crime on a preliminary charge if they have probable cause and formally charge him later through grand jury indictment. Or if there are lesser charges John Doe can be held on those with a high bond until a grand jury indicts on the more serious charge. (think Casey A.)

The decision to use a grand jury to charge certain crimes varies by state as not all states have the same laws and procedures in place to charge for the crime. In Texas, the prosecutor does not have the authority to charge some serious crimes such as major felonies. Those serious crimes require that a grand jury indictment be used. The prosecutor submits a statement of the proposed charge(s) known as an indictment to a grand jury. The grand jury hears evidence presented by the prosecutor and then deliberate to decide whether there is probable cause they committed the crime(s). If probable cause is found by majority vote the indictment is submitted to the court as a true bill and court proceedings start against the person named in the indictment.

The prosecutor has the authority to charge lesser crimes, such as minor felonies and misdemeanors, by using other charging instruments, such as information and complaints. Information and complaints are like indictments in that they charge particular persons with committing crimes, but unlike indictments, they are initiated by a prosecutor acting without the assistance of a grand jury.

HTH

:seeya: Good Morning,

I was checking in to see if there have been any :jail::jail: and I see none have been made yet ...

I understand it takes time and they are getting their "ducks in a row" ...

:please: I want to see Justice for Hailey !

:moo:

The term "sitting ducks" comes to mind. Bettin' those ducks can't so much as flap a wing that LE doesn't know about it.

Speaking of sitting ducks: Are certain ducks believed to be sitting in the same county in which the indictments were issued? I would imagine dealing with two counties (or three) might slow down the arrest process just a bit.

History of sealed indictments in Scurry County.....
4/2/13 - 10 indictments, 6 sealed
03/0/13 - 8 indictments, all named
02/05/13 - 4 indictments, 1 named, 3 sealed
01/08/13 - 7 indictments, 6 named, 1 sealed
12//04/12 - 12 indictments, 6 named, 6 sealed

I didn't research any further. I have come to the conclusion that sealed indictments in Scurry County are not out of the ordinary and the 2 indictments that peaked our interest, could be anyone for anything.....

History of sealed indictments in Scurry County.....
4/2/13 - 10 indictments, 6 sealed
03/0/13 - 8 indictments, all named
02/05/13 - 4 indictments, 1 named, 3 sealed
01/08/13 - 7 indictments, 6 named, 1 sealed
12//04/12 - 12 indictments, 6 named, 6 sealed

I didn't research any further. I have come to the conclusion that sealed indictments in Scurry County are not out of the ordinary and the 2 indictments that peaked our interest, could be anyone for anything.....

Thank you for checking, I appreciate you doing that.

Knox, based on your PM I think what you wanted to know is this: After an indictment, if the person hasn't already been arrested, normally the prosecutor will immediately take the indictment to a judge to request an arrest warrant. If a sealed indictment has been handed down against someone, and their whereabouts are known, and yet there has been no arrest for a significant period of time, I would assume there is some investigative reason that LE wants the person to be "free" (or to feel free) for now.

The bolded part is what I've been banking on :)

The term "sitting ducks" comes to mind. Bettin' those ducks can't so much as flap a wing that LE doesn't know about it.

Speaking of sitting ducks: Are certain ducks believed to be sitting in the same county in which the indictments were issued? I would imagine dealing with two counties (or three) might slow down the arrest process just a bit.

One is in Austin. The other possibly Big Springs or Dunn area.

I don't know, my husband (38) and his bff (40) still dress up like KISS and take photos. :rockon: But...there is a big difference between KISS music and Mushroomhead music imo.

I haven't heard Mushroomhead (until now), but KISS wow, loved them and now they bring back lots of fun memories. Me at 14, Paul Stanley = :beatingheart:

Here's a comparison for everyone to decide for themselves. I haven't looked for a "bad" Mushroomhead song, picked a popular one off the top, so ya know.

KISS:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1sJhRuAahk"]Kiss - Rock And Roll All Night (1975) - YouTube[/ame]

Mushroomhead:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2miRwdhjTU"]MUSHROOMHEAD - Soul Is Mine - SAW VI {official} - YouTube[/ame]

P.S. If you would like me to critique the differences I see, let me know! :)

I had to remove the post due to copyright infringement. But I did see that it said two indictments were not being made public.

Please remember that we have NO idea who are named in the indictments and it could be another case altogether.

In Arkansas, those kind of indictments are used a lot regarding drug cases. LE doesn't want to tip off the people they are coming after.

In this case, I am hoping these sealed indictments have to do with Hailey's case....

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

I haven't heard Mushroomhead (until now), but KISS wow, loved them and now they bring back lots of fun memories. Me at 14, Paul Stanley = :beatingheart:

Here's a comparison for everyone to decide for themselves. I haven't looked for a "bad" Mushroomhead song, picked a popular one off the top, so ya know.

KISS:

Kiss - Rock And Roll All Night (1975) - YouTube

Mushroomhead:

MUSHROOMHEAD - Soul Is Mine - SAW VI {official} - YouTube

The Mushroom head video. It creeps me completely OUT! I couldn't even get 20 seconds into, its demonic IMHO. I can't imagine parents exposing their children to this type of "music" ( I use the term music here but this is as far from Music as one can get).

The Mushroom head video. It creeps me completely OUT! I couldn't even get 20 seconds into, its demonic IMHO. I can't imagine parents exposing their children to this type of "music" ( I use the term music here but this is as far from Music as one can get).

Billie took DD to a venue they was playing at.

KISS:

Kiss - Rock And Roll All Night (1975) - YouTube

Mushroomhead:

MUSHROOMHEAD - Soul Is Mine - SAW VI {official} - YouTube

if I call you at 2:00 am, will you calm my nightmares? What type of person could listen to or watch that?

if I call you at 2:00 am, will you calm my nightmares? What type of person could listen to or watch that?

Yes, I take responsibility for inducing nightmares, even tho' it was not my intention.

Mushroomhead, IMO, is what is called "Death Metal." The term is not meant to incite you! It is a socially accepted, real identifying term in modern, um, music. The fact that MHead is associated with the SAW movie series sinches that fact (haven't seen SAW movies, don' wanna).

IMO - MHead kinda sounds like old Alice Cooper in his "Billion Dollar Babies" era (listen at your own risk), mingled in with some Metallica.

MHead's "attire" is scary. I liked it back in the day with KISS and KISS Army. What kind of person? Well, I don't know any. I can safely say, though, that people who are into the SAW movie series would be in to that kind of music. I'm going to leave my "armchair psychologist" over there in the corner though; I'm sittin' on the couch :)

From the picture, I knew it was not something I would even venture to look at. To think, back in the day KISS was so way out there.

A Big Spring man who found teen Hailey Dunn’s remains won’t be able to collect a more than $10,000 reward once offered in Colorado City – unless plans change.

Curtis Lloyd, however, could still garner an up to $15,000 FBI reward, although no one – including himself – appears ready to talk about if it already has or will ever become a reality.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/man-who-fo...rd/-/14769632/20064154/-/bt5np7z/-/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle