aggravated waiting for the Aggravation phase #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon everyone! I am a 75 year-old grandmother, born, raised and living in a very small town in Indiana. My interest in this case started with the 48 Hours broadcast of 'Picture Perfect' and eventually led me to this site where I have monitored the discussion ever since. And yes, the eventual verdict of 'GUILTY' brought tears of relief to my eyes!

However, as most know, the saga is far from over. This idiot thinks she can charm everyone with her charming (?) demeanor by using REVERSE PSYCOLOGY. Consider the following statements from the after conviction interview:

"I was just overwhelmed." and "My mind went blank." - Really, another cloud? :banghead:

"It was unexpected." - It's your EGO!

"There was no premeditation on my part." - Oooooookay, Gun - Rental Car - Borrowed Gas Cans - Change of Hair Color - Another Gas Can - Dead Cell Phone - and the Handy Knife (I seriously wonder if this wasn't stolen from her dad who owned a restaurant and would have owned butchering knives!)

"The worst outcome for me would be a natural life." - Can you please define what 'NATURAL' means, in your way of thinking?

"I said years ago that I would rather get death than life and that is still true today." - Maybe so, but you also said: IF I WAS GUILTY, I WOULD BEG FOR THE DEATH PENALTY!

We all heard "No jury would convict me. Mark my words!" I think she ran into a brick wall when she got to the courthouse yesterday and learned that her lawyers had not brought civilian clothes for her to change into and threw a conniption fit. (It is my thought that is what her family member was referring to when they were overheard saying that they hoped the jury didn't hear/see that.) I also think her outburst is what pushed her lawyers over the edge, where they in turn requested to be taken off of her case.

Be patient everyone; Juan, the judge and the system are working. Justice is on it's way!

Welcome, Gran! :fireworks2::Welcome1::fireworks: Great first post.

Watch out for emus here. There is a kangaroo at times, but he is generally harmless. Lil' Buddy is a girl. You'll figure the rest out.

From what I heard on TV the sheriff had to give his permission for this interview. I don't understand how a person who has just been convicted of 1st degree murder can give and interview when there are two more mini trials to come.:banghead: Jodi is trying to outsmart every one again. Only this time it won't work because she is just a dead woman walking. She is the next woman for Arizona's death row, unless she is trying for the mental illness card. They aren't allowed to execute people who are mentally ill.

Maybe Sheriff Arpaio pretests his new inmates to se what their IQ is. Maybe he wants to know what they are dealing with.
Jodi's test score = stupid and maniplulative. Now he knows what she may pull when she arrives. Just my guess:)

I'm a writer and I would spin this so that she escapes, vanishes into thin air and people write about her and talk about her and she is loving it as she watches through the bandages.

She has plastic surgery and gender reassignment and marries Donovan.

They are located in Jamaica by Beth of Dog the Bounty Hunter, who is tipped off by Stephanie the PI from Websleuths, who hears her singing in a bar and notices that her range is extremely high for such a guy. Jodi's rendition of House of the Rising Sun gives everyone chills. She thanks everyone for their response, which is so "edifying." Stephanies hair on the back of her neck stands up...

Dog's team comes in and the whole thing is videotaped as Jodi tries to put him in a headlock and Jamaicans on the side scream, "STOP STOP this could be a cagefight and we would make BANK! Don't give it up for free!"

Finally, she is brought to justice. Her booking photo shows her as a black guy with dreadlocks and horned rim glasses.

Hi Anagrammy,

You're a writer, I'm a reader!!

Would love to read something of yours since I LOVE the way you write.

Not sure if you would want to give out that info here but you could PM me. And, if you're not comfortable doing that either, I certainly do understand.

From watching trials and crime shows I've noticed the defense usually put an arm around their client or console them in some way. Noticed JW made no such moves toward Jodi.

Will Arias be allowed to trash Travis in her statement to the court?????
Doesn't JS have to clear content and length of each statement?

Most trials I have witnessed or read about, the convicted killer has laughed about the murder or told the family the victim deserved it and it is a mockery of our system. This has hurt so many families but I do believe she will get to do that.

I have to respectfully disagree. She testified in court that she refrained from mentioning her previous desire to commit suicide because she knew what that would lead to....less than stellar accommodations compared to her usual cell, etc. She didn't slip up or make a mistake. She clearly made the comments in the post verdict interview that she wants to die as soon as possible. It was her automatic ticket to suicide watch. For some reason, in her grand plan, that is what she wants right now. She is not suicidal. She simply said the words that by her own admission she knew totally would get her the suicide watch. She has a plan Don't think for a minute that she isn't exactly where she planned to be with that interview. We all keep trying to put her square pegged head into a round hole. If we are relatively normal, it can't be done. We will never be able to understand her or her wacky way of thinking. It doesn't stop me from trying though!:floorlaugh:

We will have to disagree but I don't believe a word that comes out of her mouth. I don't care when she said it or to whom. She thought she was going to get a free pass. I don't believe she wanted to be on suicide watch because the best way to do that would have been to work up tears and come out of the courtroom saying. " I JUST WANT TO DIE!! I DON'T WANT TO LIVE ANYMORE!!!!"""

She thought she was walking the line again and arpaio called her on it and locked her carp up. Not just in the prison but in the psych ward. I do understand her. I do get her game because I have seen it before. If she wanted to die she would be dead. If she wanted suicide watch, She just had to say "Im gonna kill myself" But by phrasing it in a way that it was about the DP, She thought she was going to get away with it.. AND yet for once.. SHE DID NOT.

Jodi was in street clothes for the post verdict interview. Don't know what her pants were, but shirt was street. So, that's what she would have been wearing in court.

Wow, leave for 24 hours and I might as well have been gone for 24 days the way these threads move. So, I think I have the basics of what happened after the interview that Jodi gave 20 minutes after her M1 conviction:

1. No aggravation hearing took place on Thursday 5/9/13
2. Aggravation hearing postponed until Wed 5/15/13.
3. Joe Arpaio has Jodi moved to psych ward and under suicide watch ; competency evaluations to be conducted
4. Rampant speculation about what prompted her move to psych ward; was it the post-conviction "I would rather get death penalty than LWOP" because "longevity runs in my family"; or did she go ape ***** in the courtroom
5. In the midst of all this commotion, some nut job takes to twitter & makes bomb threat against Maricopa courthouse
6. Nut job claims he will never be arrested; and is then promptly arrested
7. Jodi's phone message to Fox reporter asking for interview asap if M1 comes down has been released causing Sleuthers' hinky meter to ratchet up to all time high
8. Speculation here has it that Nurmi does not like his client "10 days out of 10" since the interview
9. Jodi may or may not be looking for new legal representation; who wants to dump who is up for debate
10. DT has filed motion to hear victim impact statements via video; in other words Jodi doesn't to be in the same room with the Alexander family when they finally have their say

Do I have this right? Did I miss anything. TIA

That's it. In a very succinct, 10 point nutshell.

We must get something straight about Arpaio.....if you've followed the news for the last couple of years out of Arizona...he's been persecuted by the govt and others (none of what they have tried to do to him has been successful BTW) and is not able to carry out his usual pit bull style.

Originally Posted by AngelWings444
I think the DT had no clue about the interview and were really, really ticked off. I believe they have asked to withdraw from the case. JA threw a huge hissy fit. There was a rumored loud argument the day of the verdict, it makes sense.

Furthermore, I believe she is really ticked that Sheriff Joe threw her in the crazy bin because of the words in the interview. The convicted killer did not expect that..remember, she chose her suicide words very carefully on prior occasions to avoid being on suicide watch.

Also, I believe she absolutely does not want to hear from the family, she wants the last word, trashing Travis. But, it's not going to happen. JSS is going to make her sit there and hear from the true victims, the family of Travis Alexander.

I have a different take on the latest events.

I agree she knows exactly the words to use/not use regarding suicide. She knows and has specifically mentioned the consequence of uttering the words "I want to die." Therefore, we can conclude she arranged the interview in advance to make sure that her words "I want to die sooner rather than later because I want freedom" was heard by those having control of her--the prison and specifically Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Why did she want to be placed on suicide watch? Because it saved her from the humiliation of returning the the jail as a loser to her peers, her underlings mind you. Her power in prison is eroded the minute the prisoners know that she is leaving. They have a volatile power structure, gangs and all, and there is always competition. She has enemies and may feel that her life was in danger if she went back to Estrella with diminished power.

Supporting this idea is the fact that she pitched a fit in court over whatever it was. Her new strategy is "I snapped" so now she needs some examples of her snapping, doesn't she. "Under pressure," Judge, "I snap and I can't even remember what I said or did."

Let's say she threatened the Alexanders, "I HAVE PEOPLE ON THE OUTSIDE WHO WILL HELP ME ! YOU PEOPLE WILL PAY, YOU CAN MARK MY WORDS!"

"Judge, I meant that they would pay their attorneys if they try to sue me legally. I know it sounds like I was threatening violence, but the truth will come out."

Meanwhile she takes away the momentum of the verdict, a momentum that was building towards the Death Penalty. With some additional time, she is presenting (no, demanding) that she be spared facing the family and actually being forced to walk through the HIGHLY PREJUDICIAL FACTS of how she butchered in cold blood a man that was by all accounts a wonderful, compassionate person--the opposite of what she is.

She needed time to come up with another strategy and scenario to save her worthless a$$ and she is just doing what is necessary. Remember how Casey Anthony walked police officers into the building and down the hall where she "worked." And she didn't even look guilty or upset when she said, "OK, I don't work here." She might as well be saying, "What time is it?"

We see the same matter-of-fact this-is-just-business-not-personal attitude with Jodi Arias. Her crying act was pathetic when she tried to squeeze out some tenderness around the subject of her mother. Don't forget, she WROTE THE QUESTIONS for this Troy Hayden, who is a pathetic excuse for a journalist for having whored himself out by agreeing to this (please don't give me a TO)

She has a goal. She always has a goal and since she is not really human, her goals transcend all that is good and holy to any normal feeling people in society.

:aktion::goldcrown::aktion:

I'm a writer and I would spin this so that she escapes, vanishes into thin air and people write about her and talk about her and she is loving it as she watches through the bandages.

She has plastic surgery and gender reassignment and marries Donovan.

They are located in Jamaica by Beth of Dog the Bounty Hunter, who is tipped off by Stephanie the PI from Websleuths, who hears her singing in a bar and notices that her range is extremely high for such a guy. Jodi's rendition of House of the Rising Sun gives everyone chills. She thanks everyone for their response, which is so "edifying." Stephanies hair on the back of her neck stands up...

Dog's team comes in and the whole thing is videotaped as Jodi tries to put him in a headlock and Jamaicans on the side scream, "STOP STOP this could be a cagefight and we would make BANK! Don't give it up for free!"

Finally, she is brought to justice. Her booking photo shows her as a black guy with dreadlocks and horned rim glasses.

LOVE THIS. Everything except the gender reassignment. Why would SHE have to do that for Donovan?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

It was a woman interviewed by JVM who saw Dr. Horn at the elevator and told him they had a friend in common (she did not mention who the friend was). She said he had a folder in his hand and she asked him wasn't he headed to court (since he was on the way down). He said it appeared not, there were problems... or something to that effect. I saw her on the interview but I suppose she could be making it up.

The woman interviewed by JVM said Dr. Horn said, "Something happened in the courtroom."

Apart from the Alexanders, the other people I'm thinking a lot about are the alternates. I think it'd be so hard to know you are unlikely to be part of any further decision making yet you still need to stick to the admonition. I know they've lost three jurors so you couldn't rule out losing another but the chances are fairly slim. I feel for them. I guess they wouldn't have even been allowed to talk amongst themselves. That would be harder than even being on the jury!

Welcome Indiana On Watch :seeya:

From watching trials and crime shows I've noticed the defense usually put an arm around their client or console them in some way. Noticed JW made no such moves toward Jodi.

JW rubbed/patted her shoulder after verdict.

Thanks for that link. Thankfully he didn't harm anyone with that DUI. Or himself. Sounds like he was very committed to the case. I can certainly understand he may have needed to have some drinks after frustrating delays etc. I just wish he had drank at home or taken a cab.

I for one am thankful he was stopped before he could do harm to some innocent due to being drunk and operating a car. At his age he should know better....definite lack of judgement!!

Look how long it takes JW to notice Jodi looking at her like "mommy? help me?" Finally JW turns and puts her hand behind Jodi's back and gives her a pat in a sort of "nice kitty" when someone pats kitty on the head in that awkward way. I still can't figure out where Kirk Nurmi was, maybe thanking his lucky stars she won't be getting out of prison.

I'm still not convinced that the sex recording wasn't phonied up by Searcy, given one of his previous business ventures is in voice recognition software. I'm not saying it happened, just that I'm curious IF it did, and IF it's even possible. I can imagine them taking an actual phone call from her call history records, then making a recording that matched the time allotted and conformed to her defense and other evidence. He would need voice samples of both of them, which are readily available, and proper time stamping. I'm not wedded to this idea, just would like to explore if it's possible. Do I need to wear a tin foil hat today? :blushing:

Hmmmmmm
That is an interesting theory. Maybe just in certain parts could be a possiblity to have been manipulated. We all know he sounded groggy and words were "garbled" a lot at times. It does make you wonder if the "garbling" may have been more than just him being groggy.

She has 1st Amendment rights. If she wants to sink her own boat, she has that right.

Unless the judge issued a gag order she can say what she wants if anyone cares to listen.

Dio you want to live in a country where your speech is quashed because people don't like you? I don't.

Ummm I think you've taken my response a little around the bend.

Has nothing to do with the first amendment.

If the jury is silenced for the duration of the trial....so should the accused and the attorneys.

JMO

Look how long it takes JW to notice Jodi looking at her like "mommy? help me?" Finally JW turns and puts her hand behind Jodi's back and gives her a pat in a sort of "nice kitty" when someone pats kitty on the head in that awkward way. I still can't figure out where Kirk Nurmi was, maybe thanking his lucky stars she won't be getting out of prison.

Nurmi was there, the cameras just didn't show him. Frankly, I'm pretty disappointed that there wasn't a shot of Nurmi, Juan and Flores when the verdict was read....at least none that I've seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88