MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessica’s purse and coat were left behind, the cash drawer untouched and cleaning supplies and emptied trash where she had apparently left them –

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/living_a_nightmare_missing_wom.html

From this article it says that the trash was emptied already, so did she go out the back or front door to empty the trash? Could someone possibly have come through the front door while she was emptying the trash through the back, and this person hid in the bathroom, (assuming the bathroom is inside) accosted her in the store, and there was no time for a struggle inside the store and then she was taken out of the back of the store? What gets me is the trash was already emptied...so her abduction came about after she was back in the store from emptying the garbage, in my opinion.

Jessica’s purse and coat were left behind, the cash drawer untouched and cleaning supplies and emptied trash where she had apparently left them –

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/living_a_nightmare_missing_wom.html

From this article it says that the trash was emptied already, so did she go out the back or front door to empty the trash? Could someone possibly have come through the front door while she was emptying the trash through the back, and this person hid in the bathroom, (assuming the bathroom is inside) accosted her in the store, and there was no time for a struggle inside the store and then she was taken out of the back of the store? What gets me is the trash was already emptied...so her abduction came about after she was back in the store from emptying the garbage, in my opinion.

The article says "emptied trash". To me that means the trash that was emptied into a trash bag, not yet put out.

I know that all of the cases I have followed here are scary, but this one just terrifies me and makes my hair stand on end. Jessica, I hope you are able to come home to your family REAL SOON!

It is so frustrating when we come to a standstill and have no idea where to look/turn. Although I agree with others that it is law enforcement's job and not ours. I think we feel helpless though, when we just want to help so badly.

I remember in the Mickey Shunick case we thought it had gone cold and for weeks we heard nothing then all of the sudden the creep was arrested. I hope that is the case here, with LE closing in and it's just a matter of time before we are all shocked with the news of an arrest we didn't know was coming. I just hope Jessica is able to come home safe and sound.

Ok so I looked at sex offenders that appear on the map that I uploaded earlier. There are two. One, doesn't really fit the description. The other one, JBB, lives in that particular area. He looks like he could fit the description. It also looks like he just got off of a 5 year probation. ALSO, he works at a car dealership. Possibly has access to many cars. Just a thought

The dealership this individual works at is a lincoln dealership. The lincoln mkx is one of their best sellers and looks a lot like the van in the video. Any one have any thoughts on this?

I haven't been on websleuths since the Luka Magnotta case was new. When I saw the police sketch for Heeringa's suspect it looked a lot like this guy whom I believe tried to abduct me years and years ago. It's been making me feel disturbed, not knowing and not wanting to send in a tip if law enforcement is already being flooded with false leads.

I couldn't prove to law enforcement that he'd meant to cause me harm but I've been wondering all these years if he will be caught for this sort of thing. He did not live in Michigan. He met women online and either had them come meet him in his state or traveled to their's. But his MO might have changed over the years and he might have become bolder. I'm probably just over-empathizing again, thinking that this case is like the experience I had.

I agree that the route of travel of that silver vehicle does appear to be that of someone who lives in the area but I also wonder if he's one of those criminals who inserts chaos and does a lot of traveling so that it's hard to piece evidence together. Maybe he is sophisticated enough to know that he is more likely to be traced on a highway. I don't think that witness would have described the guy as creepy if the guy seemed like the standard perverted customer. He probably gave off an unusually creepy vibe with something very false about his presentation that a witness's intuition would pick up on. It probably did not appear to be someone Jessica knew though she probably rolled with it somewhat out of a sense of self-protection. This is just speaking from personal experience. I could be way off base. But I've seen that eery flat presentation before and that's what it sounds like to me.

And I do think the silver car with the guy inside was the perpetrator. It sounds very accurate that he would scope out the area. And I don't think he was a "regular" because he wouldn't have felt the need to scope the area. He would have been more comfortable.

And I don't think it's a good sign at all that there was blood at the scene. Though one always hopes for the best, it appears to be a sexual sadist kind of crime. This is all just coming from my intuition based on personal experience and on the reading I did on criminals after that guy tried to abduct me.

...Praying for peace for her family, especially her son.

^ I'd say send the tip in! Seriously, you never know if it may be connected or not.

I wonder if anybody was in the store/gas station at the time that Jessica was talking to her fiance on the phone. If so, then this person could have over heard her saying to her fiancé that she was going to be out early and home quick. Maybe that is why the abduction occurred before the closing time of 11:30, because maybe she was planning to leave earlier than close perhaps?
I put up a link previously that had a video of her fiance saying "I talked to her an hour before this happened. Said she was going to be out early and home quick."

I think we tend to be hung up on the RSO angle since Jessica is a very attractive girl. But there could be many other reasons for the abduction. Could she have interrupted something earlier in the evening? Could she be a whistle blower on drugs in the area? ( or could someone THINK she was?) Could she have some shady friends?
What other angles could there be? If she were a young man, what direction would we be pursuing? Too easy to get tunnel vision since she is attractive... people disappear for other reasons...

I agree, and it's one of the reasons that I don't post often. The RSO thing took on a life of its own, and that's probably the last thing that I would consider in looking for the individual who abducted Jessica. :moo:

From the video, the van appears to be in the left lane, which would mean it was going to turn on to airport road. This could also be why there are no more videos of the van because it looks like there are no businesses down this way, although i could very well be wrong about that. Also, it seems like the destination of the van would either be at Mona lake, or somewhere near the Norton Cemetary, Ross Park area. I doubt he went much further than where it says Norton Shores on this map because, assuming he knows the area, it wouldn't make much sense to go this round about way when he could have just taken Sternberg, to Martin, to Porter. I would think he would want to cut the distance down as much as possible if he has the victim in his vehicle. My thoughtsonly.

The black suburban in front of him in the second unedited video is also in the left turn lane, which is odd.

He may have turned left on englewood rd, before airport....the back of the movie theater is there, few houses

It's been awhile since ive been on old grand haven rd...but it may be a single lane road with a shoulder as well, which leaves open the possibility of turning right

It's been awhile since ive been on old grand haven rd...but it may be a single lane road with a shoulder as well, which leaves open the possibility of turning right

Is there an exit to 131 when "turning right"?
Is that also called "seaway dr"?

The black suburban in front of him in the second unedited video is also in the left turn lane, which is odd.

He may have turned left on englewood rd, before airport....the back of the movie theater is there, few houses

When you say odd, can you expound on that?
I am not sure what you mean, that maybe it was a coincidence that both were turning, or that the van was following the other vehicle because they maybe knew each other, or there was possibly road construction or something that put them both in the other lane?

Or maybe that was your answer and I misunderstood what you meant that then both were in the same lane, but one vehicle turned on one road and the other vehicle turned on another road on the left hand side?

There's an entry to US 31 from taking a right on airport road.

In regards to the black suburban, the following distance is odd, and the nature of them turning the same direction let alone being that close is odd. At 11pm that road is pretty deserted, mainly businesses, not many neighborhoods in the area-

It appears the abductors awareness space extends from Norton shores south to where the other stalking reports occurred. I am not sure how far south this is. This means his friends, home, and stores he usually uses are in this area. (see Jessica Ridgeway case}

I have my doubts about the perp being the same person who supposedly scoped out other stations, only because in so many cases, if a certain vehicle type is thought to be involved, invariably tales soon surface of numerous menacing vehicles of the same description.

Of course, it is possible. But if this person knew Jessica in some way, I think it is more likely he had targeted her specifically, not just a woman working alone at any gas station.

The blood makes me fear he did not care if she is was injured as he probably intended to do harm anyway.

I can hardly bear to look at this thread anymore. It's utterly frustrating that this case has stalled with the level of information LE has to decipher and how quickly they became aware of the crime. I know they are working hard, but gosh. It does in a sense remind me of Holly Bobo, but only in the abduction circumstances. Unlike Holly's case, LE was on this case with everything they had and seemed to preserve everything they could. Holly's was botched pretty much from the get go due to inexperience and lack of immediate resources.

It is very annoying that profilers are only just becoming involved far too late in my opinion. I appreciate resources are limited but its not good enough. If only it was like an episode of criminal minds where there is a profile done in hours after the abduction.

I believe they are looking for a loner, someone who finds it difficult to speak to women, probably a manual worker perhaps someone who has access to a location with outbuildings like a farm or a lock up, he may have a history of aggression towards women and or animals, he may have had a difficult upbringing involving some kind of abuse and may drink or take drugs.

Hope there is some news this week. Somebody knows something please speak up and don't prolong the agony for Jessica's family they need to know what happened to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998