Amanda Berry, Gina deJesus & Michelle Knight FOUND! #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was on one video interview with either AC's daughter or his son where one of them said that Pedro was drunk most all time. Also, I think it was in one of the more accurate news articles that Pedro was lying drunk in his back yard when he was aprehended. This conflicts with the story that he was in McD with AC when apprehended. I guess it doesn't make much difference in the whole sceme of things. Since we are free to choose what to believe, I choose to believe that these two were given nice clothes and a clean-up to appear on TV in order to try and rectify the wrong that was done by putting up those horrible mugshots and leading the world to believe they were involved in this horror.

No, I do not believe anyone knew what was going on inside that home. It's just too crazy to even begin to believe from someone that everyone thought was just an average likeable guy.

For me personally, I am an extremely curious and suspicious person and I would want to know why doors were locked. When inside doors, like the door to the basement are locked, how can one not think there is something odd.

I thought about the lock and the basement door and one of my fears have always been that someone would break in through the basement windows at night. I could see myself having a lock on my basement door. As far as extra locks on the front or back doors, it could be explained away as living in a bad neighborhood or maybe the person is a bit overly cautious than others.

Like I said before, I just don't think that anyone thinks that anyone, especially someone they know, would ever do anything like this and it's extremely rare.

If his own family never suspected anything, then that's very telling. There was no opportunities for the family to snoop around his house. If they would have called the police and said hey, I think it's weird that my father, neighbor, etc. has all these looks on their doors, the police would not have found that alone to be suspicious enough to follow up on.

What can we do based on suspicion alone? LE has to have probable cause to enter a home.

Well, in this case, his daughter Arlene was the last known person to have seen Gina. I still can't believe LE couldn't figure it out. They questioned Arlene's stepfather, but never her father. Despite the fact that somebody witnessed the abduction and sketch was circulated that looked a lot like Ariel Castro. How LE couldn't have put two and two together is beyond my understanding.
I think even Castro figured he was going to be found out after kidnapping Gina.

Well yes I know that but I find it odd they'd go arrest and just arrest them. Or were they just taken in for questioning?

There were some misdemeanor charges agains them. That's why police were able to take them in custody.

Well yes I know that but I find it odd they'd go arrest and just arrest them. Or were they just taken in for questioning?

Well it was said, I will need to look where, that AC immediately made a statement about where his brothers were on his arrest as if maybe to pretend he didn't know what it was about and was inventing some other story on the spot, dragging someone down would make it less of a blow or make him temporarily feel less responsible, or provide a distraction of some sort, like a kid saying "he did it" -I dunno.

Then I read elsewhere that they were all together, so conflicting reports:

"Tomba further clarified that the two brothers were taken into custody because they were with their brother at the time of his arrest. The brothers will appear in court this morning, but on charges unrelated to the case."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/0...idnapping-case-prosecutor-says/#ixzz2T7Q0ONUo

Maybe this version is the right one: "According to television station WKYC, Onil was with his brother Ariel in a McDonald’s parking lot Monday when police approached. “After they were handcuffed, Onil Castro asked police if this was about his brother, Pedro. ‘If so, he’s over at our mom’s house on Hyde Avenue,’” Onil said, according to the WKYC report. Pedro was arrested shortly after."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...others-arrested-in-cleveland/article11819255/

Some reports say that one of the brothers was passed out in front of his mother's house (where he lives). So apparently they weren't all together.

As far as similar cases go, it's a mixed bag. Some plead guilty, some go on trial. I guess we have to wait and see.

Do you have some examples of which ones have pleaded guilty?

One case I was thinking of is Austin Sigg in Colorado. He confessed to the murder. His words "I Murdered Jessica Ridgeway. I Have Proof That I Did It". He was on record as saying that he wanted to plead guilty, and get it over with as quickly as possible. Then after a few months of his lawyers working on him, they convinced him to plead not guilty. Now they are fighting the charges tooth and nail.

Lawyers can't make much money by having their clients plead guilty. Thats why they will come up with the stupidest of defenses, just so they can drag the proceedings out and make a lot of money. Our legal system is based on how much money the lawyers can make.

Well, in this case, his daughter Arlene was the last known person to have seen Gina. I still can't believe LE couldn't figure it out. They questioned Arlene's stepfather, but never her father. Despite the fact that somebody witnessed the abduction and sketch was circulated that looked a lot like Ariel Castro. How LE couldn't have put two and two together is beyond my understanding.

Looking back, it is those initial hours and days that are the most important in the investigation. I don't understand why, with a car description, sketch, the fact that there was a connection between them and a phone call that was made to him right before she disappeared that he managed to fly under the radar. Plus he continued to insert himself throughout the years by attending vigils and speaking with at least one of the parents. It seems like when the abducted are found it tends to always be very close to home.

I think the way we handle abductions has improved over the last decade but that can very by city and their policies. The amount of people that go missing and the fact that very few are actual abductions compared to runaways and the size of the city and resources that are available all play a factor. In most cases it ends up being a tip from the public that solves a case. There are way to many segments of the community that don't have a good view of LE and will look the other way before saying or doing anything.

We need to improve the liaison between LE and the community and educate the public on how to help keep our neighborhoods safe. We also apparently need to be diligent with LE and follow up and make sure they are staying on top of things.

There were some misdemeanor charges agains them. That's why police were able to take them in custody.

Right. I think police picked them up on the old warrants just so they'd know where they were if it turned out the brothers were involved, before they'd have a chance to run.

I've read reports that Pedro was arrested at his mother's home, where he was sleeping off a drinking binge and that Onil was arrested at his home, and I've also read that they were both with Ariel when he was arrested. I don't know which version is true.

Do you have some examples of which ones have pleaded guilty?

One case I was thinking of is Austin Sigg. He confessed to the murder. His words "I Murdered Jessica Ridgeway. I Have Proof That I Did It". He was on record as saying that he wanted to plead guilty, and get it over with as quickly as possible. Then after a few months of his lawyers working on him, they convinced him to plead not guilty. Now they are fighting the charges tooth and nail.

Lawyers can't make much money by having their clients plead guilty. Thats why they will come up with the stupidest of defenses, just so they can drag the proceedings out and make a lot of money. Our legal system is based on how much money the lawyers can make.

The perp in Aliana Lemmons case plead guilty. Can't think of his name right now. They don't really allow them to immediately go up there and plead guity because it could come back and work against the prosecution. He tried but they interrupted him and put in a initial not guilty plea in for him. lol

i really dont see what defense he could possibly have.. he cant pull a Shaggy and say "it wasnt me".. The have 3 girls corroborating stories, aswell as DNA of little J, and ample phyiscal evidence inside the house and in the girls health. plus the "suicide diary"

we may see a guilty plea on a few of the charges, and not guilty on some of the others, if that is allowed. Especially if they add any murder charges

I think they will pile on a bunch more charges. They just gave the bare minimum to keep him behind bars and make sure his bail was high. I'm really surprised that there was even a bail amount set for him though.

Agree with this 1000%. The sketch looks a lot like Castro too, to be honest. You'd figure the daughter, the mother, or anyone would maybe go like "hey, that guy looks like Ariel!" It's just crazy to me.

There were conflicting reports about the whereabouts of the brothers at the time of Ariel's arrest. A couple of the secondary reports said Onil was actually with Ariel at the McDonald's. According to those reports, when approached by LE, Ariel said words to the effect that "if you're looking for Pedro, he's at our mother's house". However it went down, I'm guessing LE ran the Castro name and when misdemeanor warrants came through on the brothers, they took the opportunity to pull them in for questioning. All MOO.

Yeah and also if the brothers were involved I would think that the girls would have no problem telling the police that they were. Does anyone know what made the police suspect that the brothers were involved?

I believe Onil was with him at McD's and when LE stopped them, they asked if it was regarding Pedro, that he was at their moms...maybe they just wanted to be certain??

Clearly you don't follow the Kardashians. They are a loving family (seriously, watch the show) and they do TONS of charity work. Kim and Kanye just announced they are donating ALL baby gifts to a children's hospital in Chicago.

I was not suggesting they do ANYTHING to exploit these girls. I was suggesting contacting them because I am positive they would donate money to help the girls.

I don't represent the Kardashians, but I work with their agent frequently on other projects. I know that they donate millions, and often anonymously. Their main platform is united families - so I'm sure they'd be willing to help.

WAY OT, but I saw a tabloid headline the other day at the grocery store, about how Kim is upset because Kanye wont marry her, and she needs him for his fame and fortune.... SERIOUSLY??? WHAT would she need him for??? She has her own fame and fortune!!! I almost laughed out loud!!!

i really dont see what defense he could possibly have.. he cant pull a Shaggy and say "it wasnt me".. The have 3 girls corroborating stories, aswell as DNA of little J, and ample phyiscal evidence inside the house and in the girls health. plus the "suicide diary"

we may see a guilty plea on a few of the charges, and not guilty on some of the others, if that is allowed. Especially if they add any murder charges

I agree. He may plead guilty to avoid the death penalty. If he pleads not guilty, he doesn't have a snowballs chance.....

Still bothers me that IF what was reported re: Gina stating that Castro was there with them and then came back...why Arlene didn't mention it in her interview with AMW ~ but that she did tell LE that they were with her step-father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam