Found Alive Germany - Maria-Brigitte Henselmann, 13, Freiburg, 4 May 2013

At last. Some details.
Maria told mom she was going to stay with a friend at the weekend, packed some things and left.

I wonder if the media will report what type of 'things' (clothes maybe) she took with her.
I would be curious to know how much clothing she packed and what *type of clothing (if known) - and if she did think she would just be away for a couple of days (with Haause)? Her mother's suspicions weren't aroused - so it doesn't seem that she took a whole wardrobe with her when she left.

If that were the case is it possible Haause told Maria they would only been gone for the weekend - *but his intentions were not to bring her back?

More than a couple of days have passed now (9 days) - If she didn't have many clothes with her possibly she would have to be purchasing more somewhere unless there was a supply of clothing already set up in advance for her.

Questions - questions...

The wordpress page seems to be to say exactly the same thing as the rest of the info out there -that Maria is thought to be with Haase, that his picture is from 2010 and he might look a little different now, etc.

The other bit of info we've seen - that he might have his dog with him.....either his dog is still at home or it is not. If it's not, he took it with him somewhere. So either we have a middle-aged man with a pretty young teenager and a big, pure white pedigree dog driving around somewhere - or he dropped the dog off at a refuge. Unlikely, in my opinion, as he seemed very fond and proud of his dogs.

Even if the dog has been left somewhere though, it is so distinctive and such a thoroughbred that anyone with it will recognise it instantly. I wish police had put a photo of the dog up alongside Maria and Bernhard.

Just a quick thought, because it's something I've been looking at myself and I have a dog; it's the beginning of the season for Germans to start hitting the East and North sea coastal resorts here. There are loads of holiday apartments and houses that do short-term holiday rentals and happily accept dogs. But you could probably book online, pick up the keys and maybe avoid the owner even seeing what type of dog or even person you had with you.

Some of the holiday homes are 'ferienwohnungs' - holiday homes that are often nestled in the middle of woods or natural areas. One of those would be an excellent place to hide out.

So they had a ' relationship' mom was aware of ? In Germany, can you not call in to the police and stop that sort of thing? Is it looked down upon to report that ? I'm not trying to throw Germans under the bus, just wondering why she didn't report it if she knew about it.
What a shame that girl looks so much older than 13 :(

Hard to explain but in my experience, if there is a written rule and a person breaks it here, people will have no hesitation about reporting it to authorities or letting a person know they are in the wrong.

There is no written rule about middle aged, married men hanging around a schoolgirl. I am sure police would have spoken to this man if asked, but I tend to think family may have hesitated over what they could report him for. Or were ashamed that they couldn't sort out a family problem themselves.

The worst case scenario would be if family had asked for help, and it wasn't given.......

The wordpress page seems to be to say exactly the same thing as the rest of the info out there -that Maria is thought to be with Haase, that his picture is from 2010 and he might look a little different now, etc.
Thank-you for clarifying whats on the Poster. I was hoping there was some information more than what is currently circulating.

I wonder how long it will be before a poster with some significant information comes to light. I wondered if the lack of attention/urgency is because it is assumed Maria left of her own accord with Haause. At her age - 13 - regardless of what is assumed I think finding her should be a priority - she may very well have left with him but under false pretenses.

Though I think now with the arrest warrant in place for Haause the LE are approaching the situation with a focus Haause - which will lead them to Maria.

I hope they find her soon - or she returns home, or contacts someone as to where she is so they can go and get her.

Just a quick thought, because it's something I've been looking at myself and I have a dog; it's the beginning of the season for Germans to start hitting the East and North sea coastal resorts here. There are loads of holiday apartments and houses that do short-term holiday rentals and happily accept dogs. But you could probably book online, pick up the keys and maybe avoid the owner even seeing what type of dog or even person you had with you.

Some of the holiday homes are 'ferienwohnungs' - holiday homes that are often nestled in the middle of woods or natural areas. One of those would be an excellent place to hide out.

Yes, agreed - I would think something like that would be a an option.

I also agree with you regarding the dog, and Haause not wanting to part from it - though because of the size and breed (and colour) it would be definitely noticed.
Another thought was that the dog is/has been left with a 'trusted friend' of Haause - someone who would not give up their location. Or that Maria, Haause & the dog are with someone who knows whats going on. Also, this way, the dog could be cared for without Haause being there if he decided to travel without the dog.

I have got to agree. It wasn't Maria who needed a serious talking to, preferably by the police, in my opinion.

So they had a ' relationship' mom was aware of ? In Germany, can you not call in to the police and stop that sort of thing? Is it looked down upon to report that ? I'm not trying to throw Germans under the bus, just wondering why she didn't report it if she knew about it.
What a shame that girl looks so much older than 13 :(

You absolutely can and should call the police in Germany if you know of a situation like this. Why nobody seemed to have taken it seriously enough, I have no idea. It's a mystery to me how it could go on for more than a year, and at least his family knew about it, and didn't act. I know it's probably harder to call the cops on family than it is to call them on others. But come on.

When I read the Facebook just a while ago the post said that this would be the 9th night Maria had not come home. I am thinking the same as you - that there are many places they could now be - and very far away. I am thinking they may have gone North (opposite to the assumed direction) if he was wanting to disappear with her. But there seems to be little coverage and update on this - and almost none in English.

Just a quick thought, because it's something I've been looking at myself and I have a dog; it's the beginning of the season for Germans to start hitting the East and North sea coastal resorts here.

Good thought!

I hope they do have the dog with them. Because naturally, a dog has to be taken outside to do his business, so there's more chance of somebody seeing and recognizing them.

http://www.mt-online.de/start/letzt...terpol_sucht_Bernhard_Haase_aus_Blomberg.html

Die Freiburgerin Maria-Brigitte Henselmann und Bernhard Haase aus Blomberg werden nun auch außerhalb deutscher Grenzen gesucht. Gegen den Blomberger liegt laut Medienberichten mittlerweile ein internationaler Haftbefehl wegen des Verdachts des sexuellen Missbrauchs und Kindesentziehung vor.

Translation:

Freiburgerin Maria-Brigitte Henselmann and Bernhard Haase from Blomberg are now being searched for beyond German borders. An international arrest warrant for suspected sexual abuse and child abduction has been issued for the Bomberger, according to the media.

So Interpol is involved now. Good!

You absolutely can and should call the police in Germany if you know of a situation like this. Why nobody seemed to have taken it seriously enough, I have no idea. It's a mystery to me how it could go on for more than a year, and at least his family knew about it, and didn't act. I know it's probably harder to call the cops on family than it is to call them on others. But come on.

Good thought!

I hope they do have the dog with them. Because naturally, a dog has to be taken outside to do his business, so there's more chance of somebody seeing and recognizing them.

I could imagine that Maria's mom didn't take it serious, maybe thought it's just an online crush.

I wonder how often the word "INTERPOL" is said on small-town USA police scanners? Because last night I was listening to one for a town in Iowa and happened to hear a call where dispatch spoke briefly to an officer regarding the suspicion a crime had occurred and that INTERPOL could be checked but it wouldn't net an immediate response.

It *can't* possibly be related to this case though, that would just be crazy.

I could imagine that Maria's mom didn't take it serious, maybe thought it's just an online crush.

Mmm, but didn't one of the articles say he was even picking her up from school? I would have thought the school authorities would have acted on that - gossip must have been going around as Maria didn't seem to be keeping things quiet. Honestly, to me it just looks as though she has been groomed for over a year and it's only now this child has been taken away that people are taking action.

I think Mr Haase must realize by now that his plan is not a good idea. Maria needs to finish school in order for her to grow up into an independant adult who can then make her own, informed decisions. He needs to go home too. He has family problems that need to be cleared up. He has work problems now that need to be cleared up. He also needs to talk to the police.

These problems will not go away. They will just get worse if he does not bring Maria back soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back