Aggravated waiting for the aggravation phase #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me smile too. I hope they take her into court like that tomorrow.

They should. She's been convicted, so the jury seeing her in prison garb isn't prejudicial at all. She doesn't have to attempt to project an innocent image anymore, it's done.

I suspect today's "sealed hearing" was about the Convict's interview after the verdict. I did catch Beth Karas saying that the Maricopa Sheriff's Office's Public Information Officer (the head honcho) was seen leaving the courtroom. No doubt Judge Stephen's was interested in just how this little interview was allowed and was making sure such things did not happen in the future. That's my guess anyway.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 57s
The judge in the Jodi Arias case ruled today that the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office may no longer arrange media interviews for Arias.

I normally wouldn't post anything from MK.,...but this made me go OH HELL YES!!

WHOA. . .

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 3m

The judge in the Jodi Arias case ruled today that the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office may no longer arrange media interviews for Arias.
Well, I guess we have our answer. lol

I think it's pretty safe to say none of that is true. Notice how she ups the severity of the abuse and the marks it left. She also increases the amount of people that know about the abuse from just Matt M. to her sister and a few other people.

She really thinks people are stupid. She thinks if she puts it out there we'll think it's the truth. Common sense tells you that if these things existed they would have been used. If Angela really did see the bruises she would have been put on the stand, assuming she has no credibility issues, as Matt does.

Also, re: discovery violation, again, she thinks if she says this people will just assume it to be true. Common sense says if Juan had violated discovery and with held info the attorneys would have gotten a re-trial with the new evidence. Common sense says Juan didn't withhold anything because they were still able to use damning texts against him. I don't think she actually knows what a discovery violation is. Motioning and having the motion granted to have certain texts and emails withheld is not a discovery violation. Discovery violation is when the state has info that could help the defense and doesn't turn it over. It's apparent Juan did not do that and would not do that. He's not stupid.

Did Jodi or any of her spokespeople ever address the issue that Dr. DeMarte brought up -- that Jodi had alleged way more instances of physical abuse to Dr. Karp than she did to anybody else? It was something of a bombshell, but then kind of got lost in the BPD diagnosis, it seemed to me.

When did this happen?

When the defense wanted to present new evidence that you could see Jodi in Travis' eye and there was no knife in her hand. Totally bizarre. The defense and prosecution instead agreed to send a statement to the jury room that in that particular picture there was no knife. Hence,why some call it the duh-fense!

There was also the matter of the motion to videotape victim impact statements...? Something must have happened between 1:16 and 2:02...?

Can someone point me to where I can find the minutes of the in-chambers hearings that people talk about? TIA.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 57s

I normally wouldn't post anything from MK.,...but this made me go OH HELL YES!!

Kiefer.....Ugh...

this makes me smile

Justice4Travis ‏@Justice4TravisA 3m
Convicted murderer #JodiArias is now in leg and belly chains whilst being moved around the jail. #Justice
I LOVE THIS!!!!! Thank you for sharing!

:tyou:

Here's a link to a recent article about closed custody in the Estrella jail:

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/exclusive-inside-estrella-jails-b400-pod-with-mcsos-most-dangerous-women

ABC15 was given exclusive access to an area of the Estrella Jail that most visitors will never see -- the Bravo Tower 400 Pod. It is here where cells house women who are deemed too dangerous to be among the general jail population.

Detention Officer Karla Carcamo guided us, and guarded us, as we stepped into the most secure part of the jail. Carcamo listed the security levels inmates are given: “minimum, medium, maximum and then closed-custody.”

Closed-custody is considered an area where unpredictable inmates are kept, “the worst of the worst.”

"Inmates can be transferred out of B400 for good behavior, but Carcamo said it is very rare."

So it looks like the little miss may have done some acting out...sure doesn't sound like they put people there for being a potential danger to self.

Thank you for posting this. I am now wondering if she openly threatened the judge. For the additional armed bailiffs to enter the closed courtroom was not on a lark.

Justice4Travis ‏@Justice4TravisA 2m
Moments ago, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office received an order from the Superior Court of Arizona and... http://fb.me/27g98TEOl

Here's a new one. Wants to make sure all donations go to her family!

Jodi Arias ‏@jodiann_arias 5h
Please make any donations to me or my family at ************ …... As mentioned any other source is fraudulent. Thank You #JodiArias

Barf --

Mel

I'm sure this has already been mentioned, but in addition to others trying to cash in, Jodi's supporters are desperate to keep money out of the hands of the Alexanders. They're trying to come up with all sorts of ways to work around that wrongful death suit that's coming soon. Her supporters have a very interesting outlook on things.

Sounds like a day late and a dollar short. But at least there will not be any more interviews for Ms Arias when she finds out she is going to be on death row.

That's probably what today's hearing was about. And I agree with you. Her life is already beginning to change...from this order to being held in closed custody, etc.. I wonder what her pod mates are thinking now...:drumroll:

I wondered if it wasn't a cya move by KN and JW, thinking, "This will put on record we went to the ends of the earth to put on a defense for this woman, no appellate court court is going to label us as ineffective counsel."

I caught a little of the OJ attorney on the stand this morning and was trying to imagine Nurmi in his place...

The more I look at the photo I see cmja making a gesture like she's dancing to YMCA... :seeya:

WHOA. . .

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 3m

Whaatt? But I love her interviews! They're buying her a first class ticket to death row....

Did Jodi or any of her spokespeople ever address the issue that Dr. DeMarte brought up -- that Jodi had alleged way more instances of physical abuse to Dr. Karp than she did to anybody else? It was something of a bombshell, but then kind of got lost in the BPD diagnosis, it seemed to me.

Ah yes I remember and bet it wasn't lost on the jury either, they remember everything.

Justice4Travis ‏@Justice4TravisA 2m
Moments ago, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office received an order from the Superior Court of Arizona and... http://fb.me/27g98TEOl

Unbelievable. I'm sure this was what the closed door secret hearing was about today. Jodi and her DT want to keep Jodi from giving any more interviews and probably keep her horrendous interview after the guilty verdict from the sitting jury.

The jury SHOULD hear that interview in the penalty phase. It shows a cold and calculating woman who still wants to inflict pain upon TA's memory and his family.

I didn't think this country could put you in jail over an unpaid bill. That was done in England but never knew it could be done here.

Actually there has been a movement in recent years of states jailing people for unresolved debt. Everything old is new again.

And I bet you ANYTHING Jodi and her DT are now going to blame the sheriff's office for the after verdict interview. According to Jodi it's always someone else. It's NEVER her fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson